Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

UNDER RENOVATION Challenge 35

Comments

• Options
    tounette56tounette56 Posts: 39 Member
    Under Renovation: Challenge 6
    Origin ID: tounette56
    Forum ID: tounette56
    Link to gallery: h ttp://www.thesims.com/en_AU/gallery/F15B39132BC811E58A32670B1708CB9E?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=tounette56&max=25
    Street name of build: Divan's Dream
    Cheats used: moo, ignoregameplay, showhiddenobjects, enlarged objects
    Total cost of renovation after upload: $163,071
    Would you like to receive any critique? Yes please

h ttp://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll34/tounette56/Under%20Renovation%20Challenge/07-17-15_12-03nbspAM_zpsl2vhcswt.png
    h ttp://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll34/tounette56/Under%20Renovation%20Challenge/07-16-15_2-40nbspAM-2_zps60vfkqd9.png
    h ttp://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll34/tounette56/Under%20Renovation%20Challenge/07-16-15_2-42nbspAM_zpsndfc5nn4.png
    h ttp://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll34/tounette56/Under%20Renovation%20Challenge/07-16-15_2-47nbspAM_zpsfgg2zwwk.png
    h ttp://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll34/tounette56/Under%20Renovation%20Challenge/07-16-15_2-37nbspAM_zpswuondns7.png

You can find my Divan h ttp://www.thesims.com/en_AU/gallery/F485DC412BC811E58A40670B1708CB9E?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=tounette56&max=25

After testing this renovation, it works best on the Affluista mansion lot otherwise stairs, engines and tiles disappear from the lot.

Good luck everyone!
    mum%20final_zpsuog1fjp8.png
    Visit my gallery at tounette56 to see my renovations and builds
    Check out my most recent builds Windenburg Forest and Rocket Ship
  • Options
    PebblycatPebblycat Posts: 861 Member
    edited July 2015
    tounette56 wrote: »
    Origin ID: tounette56
    Forum ID: tounette56
    Link to gallery: here
    Street name of build: Divan's Dream
    Total cost of renovation after upload: $163,071
    Would you like to receive any critique? Yes please

07-17-15_12-03nbspAM_zpsl2vhcswt.png
    07-16-15_2-40nbspAM-2_zps60vfkqd9.png
    07-16-15_2-42nbspAM_zpsndfc5nn4.png
    07-16-15_2-47nbspAM_zpsfgg2zwwk.png
    07-16-15_2-37nbspAM_zpswuondns7.png

You can find my Divan
    [url=" http://www.thesims.com/en_AU/gallery/F485DC412BC811E58A40670B1708CB9E?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=tounette56&max=25"]here[/url]

After testing this renovation, it works best on the Affluista mansion lot otherwise stairs, engines and tiles disappear from the lot.

Good luck everyone!

My Origin ID: Pebblycat
    Visit Pebblycat's Showcase to see what I've created
  • Options
    Billy-UK85Billy-UK85 Posts: 12 New Member
    :) Saw this on the gallery. Original idea and looks like fun
  • Options
    Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    @Billy-UK85 Welcome and looking forward 2 your reno :)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Divan's Dream is a very nice home for Divan! @tounette56 :) It looks great how you have a separate building where Divan can do woodworking. The crates look great in the corner of the room and the brick texture of the walls looks nice. It is a great touch that you have placed small planes on the cube tables! It suits well the theme of the build! It looks very nice how you have placed the trees and the plants in the outdoors areas! The pool is very nice! He will enjoy swimming in the pool. The kitchen area is a nice place for Divan to enjoy cooking meals. The fruit pictures on the wall, and the sauces, tea set, fruit bowl and utensils on the counters are nice kitchen touches there. He will enjoy playing chess on the chess table in the living room. The enlarged ship there looks great! Divan is very nice! His hat and uniform suits well a pilot.
    The build and Divan are very nice :)
  • Options
    PebblycatPebblycat Posts: 861 Member
    Origin ID: pebblycat
    Forum ID: pebblycat
    Link to gallery: Here
    Street name of build: Divantus Airways
    Total cost of renovation after upload: $163,148
    Would you like to receive any critique? Sure

Divantus%20Airways_zpstjmqa0pn.png
    Divantus%20Airways2_zps5bimxnif.png
    Divantus%20Airways3_zpsmtagms9f.png
    Divantus%20Airways4_zps0zrqno0f.png
    Divantus%20Airways5_zpskaw377cb.png

When I tested the renovation the engines stayed in place but only if it was put on Desert Bloom (I built it on that lot). You may also need to rotate the lot into place. I did follow the basement tutorial to place the engines :) My stairs also disappear but I don't know how to fix that. Fingers crossed that everything stays in place.

Good luck everyone, there are some great renovations!
    My Origin ID: Pebblycat
    Visit Pebblycat's Showcase to see what I've created
  • Options
    Divantus Airways is a very nice build! @Pebblycat :) The airport watch towers look very great! The coloured lights on the tarmac look so very nice! The lights look great on the towers as well! The enlarged clock is great touch on the airport building. Very nice rooftop patio for sims to enjoy cooking meals on the BBQ and eating them at the tables there, enjoying the very nice views! They would have nice views from the rooftop. It is nice that you have a hot tub for Divan to relax in. Very nice inside dining area for him to enjoy sitting at the table eating a meal. The type of dining seats suits well the theme of the build. The plant is a nice touch of green in the room. It looks nice how you have used stone textured pillars in the area between the dining and living room areas. The master bedroom is very nice! It looks nice how you have a mirror wall in the dresser alcove and the clothes shelves look very nice there. The toiletries and folded clothes are nice home touches on the dresser. The corner sitting nook is nice.
    The build is a very nice home for Divan :)
  • Options
    36 Hours to go before Renovation 6 closes.
  • Options
    Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    edited July 2015
    Origin ID: Issabella14
    Forum ID: Issabella14
    Link to gallery:http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/83D019A82CC511E5859028213A4FB0EF
    Street name of build: Come fly with me
    Cheats used: MOO, bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement and bb.showhiddenobjects
    Total cost of renovation after upload: $160 000.00

Judge Issabella14 Unofficial Entry for Challenge 6
    1%201_zpswbinfnsb.jpg
    1%2029_zpswwcyspl9.jpg
    1%2030_zpsdfaqctuo.jpg
    1%2045_zpsgdtshxml.jpg
    1%209_zps9sd2xkn4.jpg
    slide show: http://s42.photobucket.com/user/Issabella_Koen/slideshow/UnderRenovation/Come fly with me
    Post edited by Issabella14 on
  • Options
    Come Fly With Me is a very nice build ! @Issabella14 :) It looks just like an airport! The colour of the exterior of the plane is very nice, and it looks great how you have double flights of steps! The signage billboard looks very great! It looks very nice how you have done the baggage truck that delivers the luggage to and from the plane! It is such a very creative idea! The crates and luggage look great in the back of the truck! The airport watch tower looks great! It looks nice how you have used the wire fencing for the tower. The glass windows lookout area and the satellite dishes on the top of the tower looks great! It looks great how you have used the stairs there. It looks great how you have set up the computer study desks in the tower! It resembles an airport control tower so well! The signage on the side of the plane is a nice touch. It looks nice how you have placed the lights on the tarmac. The arrows on the floor look great! Very nice hot tub nook at the nose of the plane! Sims will enjoy relaxing in the tub. Sims will also enjoy painting on the easel there looking out at the views. Very nice furnishing and layout of the interior of the home! Very nice bar area for sims to enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar. The drinks cabinets look nice placed on the wall there. It looks nice how you have used the sculpture and the spa pack lights items to separate off the kitchen from the living room. Very nice TV watching area! The bamboo looks nice placed either sides of the TV. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the sofa watching TV.
    The airport home is very nice! :)
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    CHAMELEON ON THE RUN

Unoffical renovation

T1xezqy.png

For the fun: An artist view of the plane-house in an abstract painting lol

58XSDkM.jpg
    24hours to go and then closed <3

Post edited by Zita1966z on
  • Options
    bokylie1bokylie1 Posts: 804 Member
    I have created something for this but due to not being happy with it after seeing what everyone else has done, I won't be entering the challenge. I really focused renovating the inside of the plane and didn't do anything on the outside, wanting people to think this really was an airplane at the airstrip partly in the hanger.

For those interested, mine is called Boeing Illusion
    http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/C5EB5B03285E11E58060DD9BA9ABE24D?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=bokylie1&max=25

My sim is Divan Regal
    http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/6B025A04285811E58A1ADD9BA9ABE24D?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=bokylie1&max=25

Looking forward to the next challenge.
    Forum and Origin ID: bokylie1

• Options
    Coco Chameleon looks so very great! @Zita1966z :) The colours, shapes and different heights used in the build look so very nice! The different colours and sizes of the triangular type spa items that you have placed in a row look very nice! The painting looks so very colourfully great! :)
  • Options
    It would be nice if you entered the challenge @kamb1403 . Please post some pictures of the inside. You don't need to focus on the outside part of the build. You are capturing the realism of a plane on a rural Australian outback plane strip. The planes just land wherever they are able to have a landing strip.
    Your Divan is very nice! :) He has a very nice face and his hair is very nice.
  • Options
    PersRealmsShadowPersRealmsShadow Posts: 360 Member
    @kamb1403 I downloaded boeing illusion! You should totally submit it it's adorable inside! :) (I even moved a Sim in XD)
    EkwtdjR.jpg
  • Options
    bokylie1bokylie1 Posts: 804 Member
    Thank you @rosemow and @PersRealmsShadow. Here is my official entry :)

Origin ID: bokylie1
    Forum ID: kamb1403
    Link to gallery: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/C5EB5B03285E11E58060DD9BA9ABE24D?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=bokylie1&max=25
    Street name of build: Boeing Illusion (large lot in Oasis Springs)
    Cheats used: bb.moveobjects, bb.showhiddenobjects bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement
    Total cost of renovation after upload: $160,666
    Would you like to receive any critique? Yes. Please note I did raise the wheels and engines however they look like they dropped down again when the lot was uploaded.

Space for Advertising pictures

Under%20Renovation%20Six%206_zpsfjfhi8gv.png

Under%20Renovation%20Six%202_zps8i5d4vha.png

Under%20Renovation%20Six%207_zpsbbbikqtt.png
    Forum and Origin ID: bokylie1

• Options
    Boeing Illusion is a very nice home for Divan! @kamb1403 :) The kitchen and dining areas are very nice! Very nice dining table nook. The type of dining seats that you have used suits well the type of home. It looks very nice how you have placed the smaller fruit pictures either sides of the larger pears picture in the middle of them. The pictures are nice for sims to look at whilst dining. Very nice bar stool counter. It looks nice that you have used two different coloured bar stools there. It looks very nice how you have used the half walls to separate off the living room area! Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the seating there watching TV or reading a book from the bookcase. It is great that you have a treadmill there for Divan to use to keep fit. It is nice that you have a bar area for Divan to enjoy sitting on the stool having a drink from the bar. The drinks display shelves look great on the wall there. The blue floor tiling in the bathroom looks very nice! The blue and cream colour scheme of the bathroom gives a very look to the room.
    The build is very nice :)
  • Options
    Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    Thank you @rosemow for your detailed comments, have an awesome day. Hugs <3:)
  • Options
    Penguinwa101Penguinwa101 Posts: 3,131 Member
    OMG! did i make the deadline! i think.... I DID!! YAAAAYYYYY! I was SO afraid i wasn't! LOL! :D

Origin ID: penguinwa101
    Forum ID: Penguinwa101
    Link to gallery: http://www.thesims.com/gallery/C4699B852D1111E58B2EE0D723382056?category=all&searchtype=item_name&sortby=favourites&time=all&searchquery=Divan%27s%20desert%20oasis&max=25
    Street name of build: Divan’s Desert Oasis
    Cheats used: bb.moveobjects, bb.showhiddenobjects bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement
    Total cost of renovation after upload: 147,321
    Would you like to receive any critique? Sure! Why not!

galAjXo.png

LVGVAgw.png

2XEX8dJ.png

otcvFK8.png
    3gXRDPf.gif
    Twitter: @Penguinwa101
    Tumblr: http://penguinentertainment.tumblr.com/
    Youtube: Penguin Entertainment
  • Options
    Divan's Desert Oasis is very nice! @Penguinwa101 :) It looks great how you have used the rocks to create the arrow sign on the tarmac! Very nice water fountain feature! Nice tiki bar area for sims to enjoy sitting on the stools there having a drink from the bar in the outdoors air. It looks nice how you have used the hedging in the build.Very nice study and living room! The wall pattern looks nice! It suits the plane theme of the build. Sims will enjoy sitting at the study desk table using the computer or enjoy resting in the armchair reading a book from the bookcase. The books decor is a great touch on top of the bookcase. Nice armchairs sitting area for sims to enjoy resting watching TV. The sculpture and pink blossom plant are nice touches there. It looks very nice how you have placed the floor rugs under the TV! Nice dining area. The fruit bowl on the dining table is nice for sims to see whilst they are enjoy eating their meals. The white colour of the seats looks nice with the grey colour of the walls. The coloured pictures on the walls add to the nice look of the dining area. Very nice bathroom! The circles wall pattern there looks nice. It looks nice how you have a mirror wall beside the bath tub. The black robe is a nice home touch on the wall.
    The home is very nice :)
  • Options
    Penguinwa101Penguinwa101 Posts: 3,131 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Divan's Desert Oasis is very nice! @Penguinwa101 :) It looks great how you have used the rocks to create the arrow sign on the tarmac! Very nice water fountain feature! Nice tiki bar area for sims to enjoy sitting on the stools there having a drink from the bar in the outdoors air. It looks nice how you have used the hedging in the build.Very nice study and living room! The wall pattern looks nice! It suits the plane theme of the build. Sims will enjoy sitting at the study desk table using the computer or enjoy resting in the armchair reading a book from the bookcase. The books decor is a great touch on top of the bookcase. Nice armchairs sitting area for sims to enjoy resting watching TV. The sculpture and pink blossom plant are nice touches there. It looks very nice how you have placed the floor rugs under the TV! Nice dining area. The fruit bowl on the dining table is nice for sims to see whilst they are enjoy eating their meals. The white colour of the seats looks nice with the grey colour of the walls. The coloured pictures on the walls add to the nice look of the dining area. Very nice bathroom! The circles wall pattern there looks nice. It looks nice how you have a mirror wall beside the bath tub. The black robe is a nice home touch on the wall.
    The home is very nice :)

Awww! Thank you SO much @rosemow !
    3gXRDPf.gif
    Twitter: @Penguinwa101
    Tumblr: http://penguinentertainment.tumblr.com/
    Youtube: Penguin Entertainment
  • Options
    11 hours to closing challenge 6 :)
  • Options
    dLDs3SM.jpg

I qoute the re-cap on prizes as on page 1:

1. Every challenge winner is automatically eligible to appear as our guest judge for the next challenge
    2. The winning entry will be posted on the Maxis Tab recommending it for a fav
    3. We are in the process of designing a certificate (nearly done with this) for the winning entry of each week (Bragging rights Yeah!, frame it, hang it on your office or bedroom wall)
    4. The winning entry will be added to our Wall of Fame here and on the winners thread, with a gallery link to your build. (Free advertising of your winning Renovation)

Point 3 is now done and will be issued to every week's winner. I apologise to the respective winners for the dealy but In my defense I do have a full plate with Sims4 and RL.

Download/copy your certificate, print it, frame it, hang it up where it can be seen.....you worked hard for it and deserved it !! Enjoy :)

@Zakeira

5evHhKY.jpg

@GuruFanNo1 1

IJEH2TG.jpg

@gmcrozier

j8zZS9k.jpg

@MandysAMess

ptuSTYS.jpg

@Arefa

lJxpvjR.jpg
  • Options
    Challenge 7 will be posted now now....giving you guys a short head start:

Clue of the theme: Where do I belong? lol :)
  • Options
    XlZlfqg.jpg

@tounette56
    Origin ID: @tounette56

Your Divan Sim is the winning Sim for challenge 6!

Link to sim in the gallery: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/F485DC412BC811E58A40670B1708CB9E

xq9jSy5.jpg

Divan just returned from an international flight and can't wait to jump in2 his car and view the reno's of his plane - you can download the sexy pilot Divan, CC free from above link)