Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ZeeGee's Picturesque Thank You Thread

Comments

• ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    edited October 2017
    Next up is Rachel in the Pretty Pearls Outfit from @Reachsims Collections. Rachel is a CEO who took a few minutes out of her busy day to show off this new addition to her wardrobe. She likes it so much she wants to wear it every day!

BUv0sCw.jpg
    Post edited by ZeeGee on
    edited October 2017
    And Phoenix is back in the Fitted Suit Jacket also from @Reachsims Collections. Phoenix is showing off for the ladies as always. God's gift that man thinks he is!! And most of the ladies agree. :wink:

nRgr1a8.jpg
    Post edited by ZeeGee on
    edited October 2017
    Here's Becca in the Simply Sophisticated Dress again from @gnlovew fashions. You can probably tell by her face that Becca isn't thrilled. The striped catwalk doesn't show off her gorgeous dress to the best advantage so she has filed a complaint, which has been duly noted. Next fashion show the catwalk will be plain!

YnOhTvv.jpg
    Post edited by ZeeGee on
  • gnlovewgnlovew Posts: 900 Member
    edited July 2015
    Okay, A) amazing, building the catwalk, b) too freaking funny :lol: , and C) you're a genius with the re-coloring! I would've never recognized these outfits as bland ole' EA! Thanks for the giggles! :smiley::heart:

Had to edit, apparently when you B) , you get a big smiley instead of "B" :grin:
    edited October 2017
    Last up for tonight's show is Roxie throwing a pose in the Simply Sophisticated Collared dress from @Reachsims collection. Believe it or not, Roxie is the mom to 6 gorgeous children who are continuously embarrassed by her outgoing antics!

TtLsvMn.jpg

Now that was fun! Thank you each and every one for your contributions to the fashion show. I won't tag you again as I've done that enough already. So sorry :blush:<3
    Post edited by ZeeGee on
    gnlovew wrote: »
    Okay, A) amazing, building the catwalk, b) too freaking funny :lol: , and C) you're a genius with the re-coloring! I would've never recognized these outfits as bland ole' EA! Thanks for the giggles! :smiley::heart:

Had to edit, apparently when you B) , you get a big smiley instead of "B" :grin:

@gnlovew Aaaw, thank you for all the compliments AND the gifts, without which there would have been no fashion show idea! <3
  • ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    Loved the fashion show @ZeeGee! <3 Thanks for sharing. Very cool.
    Reachsims wrote: »
    Loved the fashion show @ZeeGee! <3 Thanks for sharing. Very cool.

You're welcome, it was really fun. And thank YOU!

@charlotteprice It was so exciting to wake up to a big fat number by the little gift icon!! Thank you so much. And now we get to have another fashion show!
  • jbsquared2000jbsquared2000 Posts: 895 Member
    Oh my gosh, I LOVE your catwalk!! What a genius idea! And your Sim poses are hysterical - are you using the Poser mod (I think it's called)? I've been wanting to try that, but haven't yet.
    Here, among friends, you can call me Jewels (or Julie).
    My not very profound or life-altering signature quote: Life is short, so laugh often - it will make your children nervous. B)

My thread of Sincere Thanks
    No more wishlist for me! It disappeared in a poof of gift-giving smoke!
    Thanks, Jewels! I used the poser mod on the pic of Roxie and the two pics of Phoenix. It's really fun to try out some of the poses but a warning, @igazor says if you use it, then quit your game without saving. Putting your sims in a pose and then picking them up and moving them might cause game corruption. Eeek! I actually use a copy of my real game in a different Sims 3 folder to do these pics just to be on the safe side. @jbsquared2000
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    Thanks, Jewels! I used the poser mod on the pic of Roxie and the two pics of Phoenix. It's really fun to try out some of the poses but a warning, @igazor says if you use it, then quit your game without saving. Putting your sims in a pose and then picking them up and moving them might cause game corruption. Eeek! I actually use a copy of my real game in a different Sims 3 folder to do these pics just to be on the safe side. @jbsquared2000

@ZeeGee - thank you so much for the information! And good idea about using a copy of your game. Is that something you just created yourself, by making a copy of the folder itself and the contents in it? How do you pull from the copy when you're loading the game? I load directly from my desktop and not Origin. I know some people do it differently.

Sorry to pepper you with questions! :lol:<3
    My not very profound or life-altering signature quote: Life is short, so laugh often - it will make your children nervous. B)

@jbsquared2000 Happy to help one of my besties :)<3 I have a system! I gotta run but will be back later to explain.
    edited July 2015
    @jbsquared Ok, Jewels, remember you asked! Here's how I keep my games organized. A lot of people rename their Sims 3 folder within their EA folder in documents, which makes their game not recognize the folder. I tried that but kept getting confused. So here's my OCD method.

I keep folders on my desktop labeled with the name of my different games. Ex: Main Game, NO CC game, Test game, Midnight Hollow game, etc. When I want to change games, I take the whole EA folder out of documents and drop it back into its folder on the desktop, then take whichever EA folder game I want to start playing out of its desktop folder and drop it into documents. Whatever EA file is in documents is what will open when you start your game. I name the save file within the game the same as the name of the folder on my desktop that way if I get confused I can have a quick look to see what is where!

To make a copy of your main game just copy/paste the whole EA folder into a new folder then rename it test game so you don't get it confused. To start a brand spanking new game (I did this when I started my Midnight Hollow save) just take the EA folder out of documents and when you start the game it will generate a new one. Occasionally I start a brand new game and move all my mods and saves and libraries into the new file. Seems to make things run better.

Whew! That was long. I'm sitting in the doc's office with nothing better to do. :). Hope this helps and is not too confusing. They've got me on drugs so I'm pretty happy right now but may not make too much sense!
    @ZeeGee - thank you! I am bookmarking your thread so I can come back and re-read when I get home from work. Just a thought, but you might want to upload your catwalk to the exchange? Not sure how or if it's part of a venue, but I haven't seen anything like that, and I think it would be a huge hit! <3

@jbsquared2000 Really, you think? It's not part of a venue, I built it. :smiley: I'll experiment with uploading it and see what happens. There's a lot of CC - the pics on the walls and the mirror floor. If that stuff is in my package file will it upload with it? Also, you posted a link to a photo collage thing and now I can't find where you posted it. Could you link that here?
    edited July 2015
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    @jbsquared2000 Really, you think? It's not part of a venue, I built it. :smiley: I'll experiment with uploading it and see what happens. There's a lot of CC - the pics on the walls and the mirror floor. If that stuff is in my package file will it upload with it? Also, you posted a link to a photo collage thing and now I can't find where you posted it. Could you link that here?

@ZeeGee - It is my understanding that the CC will transfer over with the item to the Exchange. I haven't uploaded with CC before, but @Teegers would be my go-to for what to do with that, or to point you in the right direction, but I absolutely think you should! You did a fantastic job and it's so creative and unique!

The website that I use for collage pictures is HERE. On the left side of the page is a menu, and if you select templates, you will see all of the free ones that you can choose from. There's quite a few. Then you just upload your picture, drag and drop. :)

By the way - love your new "siggy" as Anette would say! :smiley: It's pink-tastic! <3

@jbsquared2000 Yes, pink-tastic! <3 You're speaking my language, lol! @VGryphon is making these and he's REALLY good at it. Here's the link if you want one:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/837595/vgryphons-gift-banners-thread/p1

Okay, thanks for the link and the info. I'll work on getting it uploaded. Right after I'm done with the next fashion show... :smiley:
    A quick thanks to @me1620 for the 3 gifts this morning and @cristill13 for the shirt and @gnlovew for the hair that I received as I was typing this! Pictures to follow.
  • gnlovewgnlovew Posts: 900 Member
    I'm going to have to keep sending you stuff for the catwalk! That's so fun! :smiley: I hope your models enjoy it. :grin:
    edited August 2017
    The CATWALK is starting to look busy again! No one is quite sure if this guy is one of the models or just a homeless man who wondered in...oh wait, that's Chase and he's one of the models! He hasn't changed out of his street clothes yet. His girlfriend caught him kissing her bestie and took a pair of scissors to all his clothes. He REALLY needs a trip to Saks! And a new nonvindictive gf if anyone wants to apply...

RVDEnFg.jpgx

Thanks to @charlotteprice for the D-stroyed jeans. :)
    Post edited by ZeeGee on
    edited August 2017
    Kennedy is a goth chick whose parents won't allow her to get tattoos so she loved modeling these Tear it up teen jeans from the Chocolate Princess collection. She convinced the designer to give them to her just to annoy her parents! She's been wearing them everywhere, yes, even to bed. Pretty soon those jeans are going to be able to stand up on their own.

mX1crm7.jpgx
    Post edited by ZeeGee on
    edited August 2017
    No ageism on this catwalk! Kitty was one of the original supermodels and is still looking good in this Completely Classic Women's suit for elders. Another winner from the Chocolate Princess collection.

ApKvgLh.jpgx
    Post edited by ZeeGee on
    edited August 2017
    Whoooaa, Chase cleans up real nice! And what's that, does he actually have on a Hershey tie??! That is just so genius of the Chocolate Princess to come up with a tie based on a chocolate bar. She REALLY knows how to make a suit that will have the girls come running!

SLj9fxU.jpgx
    Post edited by ZeeGee on
    edited July 2015
    Fashion show has been interrupted by technical difficulties. (The planner has to feed hubby, pack for a trip and get her rear in bed). I'll be off the grid for a few days. Before I go I have profuse thanks to @NagyGina and @WhimsicalWind for sponsoring a contest that @anettesb won and used part of her reward to gift me AURORA SKIES!!!! You rock @anettesb, thank you so much for selecting me as one of your giftees. I'm weeping here. And Mya and Nathan, thanks for all the other goodies too, which look like they will fit right in with my new world. The messages were hilarious, you had me laughing out loud and hubs was wondering what the heck was going on. I can't wait to get back home and play with all my new stuff! And post pics of course. MANY MANY thanks for all the generosity. Big pixel hugs to all of you <3<3

Edit: Oops, just saw @mothersuperior2's Kevin's undergarments. Now that's going to make for an interesting fashion show pic! Thank you :D
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,983 Member
    @ZeeGee - I can hardly wait to see more pictures. This is a fun thread and I like your commentary. Congratulations on being gifted Aurora Skies. Have a great time in OE and see you soon.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top