Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Time Lord Challenge (Updated November 2021)

Comments

• commeuneplumecommeuneplume Posts: 1,494 Member
    The Forgotten Doors: INTRODUCTION IS UP!
    Avid TS3/TS4 player, wannabe storyteller, novice builder.
    Looking forward to seeing you around!
  • nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    The Forgotten Doors: INTRODUCTION IS UP!

Yay! Can't wait to read up on First Door's story. Also, I like that your TARDIS is a small bookstore. Imagine a spinning bookstore in space!
    TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png
    ::rubs hands maniacally::

soooooon!
    1.2 - 01.2596.44863.2

I'm SO exited for you guys to read! I had trouble stopping it, but it's a marathon, not a sprint. :)
    1.2 - 01.2596.44863.2

I'm SO exited for you guys to read! I had trouble stopping it, but it's a marathon, not a sprint. :)

This is a great chapter. Not too much exposition, which gives it mystery and a nice cliffhanger for the next chapter. Also, I love that your first companion is an alien, and that she cares for The Door.
    @nastyjman Thanks for reading (and so quickly!)

I'm already 1/2 way through another update but, alas, sleep beckons.

Catch up with ya'll tomorrow! Dag dag!
  • Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    @nastyjman Thanks for reading (and so quickly!)

I'm already 1/2 way through another update but, alas, sleep beckons.

Catch up with ya'll tomorrow! Dag dag!

I just read your posts - I love that you titled it The Forgotten Doors! And you write very well. I love that you left it a cliff hanger.
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Ahhh I love this challenge! I will have to try it soon!
    snvAF3B.png

Sweet! Hope you enjoy the experience of being (or raising) a Time Lord.
  • SimPoseyYumSimPoseyYum Posts: 995 Member
    edited July 2015
    Sometimes TS4 (the game, not the Challenge) really ticks me off. Seventh finished her Aspiration a few days ago and still has at least 8 more days until she can change. Every bleepin' dig site has dried up -- they simply aren't respawning. I've just visited 5 different locations and they're ALL bare. It's been like that for a few days.

I keep trying to make lemonade out of this TS4 lemon, but the game seems determined to remind me how shoddily it was put together :(.

Have I mentioned how much I despise traveling in TS4? With loading screens that last up to 2 minutes, I try to avoid it as much as possible. However, having to collect things means I HAVE to travel. This adds to my grumpiness. Current emotion: TENSE!!! :D.
    Sometimes TS4 (the game, not the Challenge) really ticks me off. Seventh finished her Aspiration a few days ago and still has at least 8 more days until she can change. Every bleepin' dig site has dried up -- they simply aren't respawning. I've just visited 5 different locations and they're ALL bare. It's been like that for a few days.

I keep trying to make lemonade out of this TS4 lemon, but the game seems determined to remind me how shoddily it was put together :(.

Have I mentioned how much I despise traveling in TS4? With loading screens that last up to 2 minutes, I try to avoid it as much as possible. However, having to collect things means I HAVE to travel. This adds to my grumpiness. Current emotion: TENSE!!! :D.

Oh no! Have you tried repairing the game? I recently discovered repairing the game, and it did help some of the bugs I had in the past. Not sure if it's a cure-all.

Off the top of my head, I think you can do some collections that don't require travelling. The spaceship would open up the space rocks and aliens collections. The telescope would open space art. The computer has the penpal thing.

Also, I've been thinking of doing bonus points. Bonus points would be filler points when you fail a past aspiration or if you're short of skills and collections. In the instance you have 36 points and gained 3 bonus points, your final score will still be 36.
    nastyjman wrote: »

Oh no! Have you tried repairing the game? I recently discovered repairing the game, and it did help some of the bugs I had in the past. Not sure if it's a cure-all.

Off the top of my head, I think you can do some collections that don't require travelling. The spaceship would open up the space rocks and aliens collections. The telescope would open space art. The computer has the penpal thing.

Also, I've been thinking of doing bonus points. Bonus points would be filler points when you fail a past aspiration or if you're short of skills and collections. In the instance you have 36 points and gained 3 bonus points, your final score will still be 36.
    Thanks, @nastyjman. Things did turn around a bit shortly after I posted my gripes. It was as if TS4 heard me grousing! Seventh's home lot sprouted some dig sites. She traveled a little to see if any other areas had sprouted, but no other luck. But I have hope!

I will definitely try repairing and clearing caches. Haven't done that for a while. Thanks for the reminder! Maybe that'll cut down on the load times, too. I've never tried space travel. Scared of abductions/pregnancies (we've already endured one pregnancy).

Anyway, as I said, thanks!

@SimPoseyYum Just need to say that i LOVE your username. I've been meaning to stop and randomly let you know that! So...there!

Glad things seem to be turning around for your TL and their collection!
    1.3 - Cryptic is up!

I hope you guys enjoy!!!
    1.3 - Cryptic is up!

I hope you guys enjoy!!!

Love it!
    @SimPoseyYum Just need to say that i LOVE your username. I've been meaning to stop and randomly let you know that! So...there!

Awwww thank you!!! That's very kind of you to say :blush: !

And might I add my name to the list of those who are loving The Forgotten Doors!

• AllyTod13AllyTod13 Posts: 114 Member
    Gonna try this challenge soon. Super excited even though the only Doctor Who episodes I've seen are Dinosaurs on a Spaceship and the one where everyone has a gas mask face made of flesh :D But any ways my name that got generated was The Shaman and my TARDIS got stuck as the 1960's Batmobile? Oh well if I find out how to post picks I will. :)

Awwww thank you!!! That's very kind of you to say :blush: !

And might I add my name to the list of those who are loving The Forgotten Doors!

@SimPoseyYum SO glad to hear that! Looking forward to getting another update out. :)
    AllyTod13 wrote: »
    Gonna try this challenge soon. Super excited even though the only Doctor Who episodes I've seen are Dinosaurs on a Spaceship and the one where everyone has a gas mask face made of flesh :D But any ways my name that got generated was The Shaman and my TARDIS got stuck as the 1960's Batmobile? Oh well if I find out how to post picks I will. :)

Are you my mummy?
    stcf7.gif

My favorite episode of Ninth.

Welcome @Allytod13. Can't wait to see your Time Lord. I think you need 25 or 50 posts before you can link images.
    edited July 2015
    Hey guys, I updated the rules once more. I added Bonus Points. These are supplementary, not additive. So if you already maxed out your score to 36 and you earned 2 bonus points, your ending score will still be 36.

I implemented this for simmers who might initially fail their first two aspirations or for those simmers who might be overwhelmed with the collections or skills. However, the Bonus Points are difficult to achieve by themselves.
    • 1 Bonus Point for reaching Level 10 in three careers
    • 1 Bonus Point for having a painting of each of your Time Lords
    • 1 Bonus Point for completing 650 whims
    • 1 Bonus Point for maintaining a lot value of 500,000 simoleons
    Couldn't wait for posts so First Shaman is gone :( but I got some good pics and now Second Shaman is here and looking back kind of looks like a grandma biker? 0_o
  • WeathieWeathie Posts: 486 Member
    1.2 - 01.2596.44863.2

LOVED THIS! You write so well, makes me miss having the time to write myself. Can't wait for your next post!

MUSE FAN?!!!! Omg I love Muse so much!! This challenge is such a lot of fun, I'm loving it :)

nastyjman wrote: »

Are you my mummy?
    stcf7.gif

My favorite episode of Ninth.

I loved this episode. Kinda freaked me out just a tad though, although not as much as those blooming Weeping Angels in Blink!! I'm a little bit in love with Jack Harkness... only a little bit though...!

untitled-1.png

I just started watching Doctor Who on Netflix. This should be interesting... :D
  • MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    It's been so long since I've played this challenge I might start over. I'd miss ghost!Travis though :s Oh well I could just move him in with me again on the new game too lol.
    I just started watching Doctor Who on Netflix. This should be interesting... :D

Hope you enjoy it. Eccleston (Ninth Doctor) was my first Doctor, so he'll always have a special place in my heart.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top