Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My sim cannot become friends with anyone.

Comments

• egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    For those of you not opposed to modding for this, MC Command Center has ways to help that I've mentioned.

I'm actually here to tell you about a different mod I just installed, works fine so far, and one thing it does is lets you set relationships by right clicking the sim in the relationship panel. It pops up a text box with (ex) 40,40 you can set to whatever.

UI Cheats Extension v1.2
    by weerbesu Posted 30th Jun 2015 at 6:43 PM - Updated Yesterday at 7:52 AM by weerbesu

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=558548

I have his 3-column CAS mod too, it's *very* nice! No issues post patch/spa day.

(yes, I bought it, repaired entire game, so far so good!)

He has a couple more mods up, but these are the 2 I'm most interested in. He's definitely a creator to watch!
  • CaledonesCaledones Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm chiming in too with having this problem, I'm going to try a fresh install tomorrow and will maybe try and avoid manage worlds mode until a hotfix can be implemented.
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    Caledones wrote: »
    I'm chiming in too with having this problem, I'm going to try a fresh install tomorrow and will maybe try and avoid manage worlds mode until a hotfix can be implemented.

hey @Caledones no reason to do a reinstall. and its possible just restarting a game is enough of load screen
  • RomireRomire Posts: 2,414 Member
    edited July 2015
    Scoping out @egwarhammer mod out

I approve of said mod :)
    Romire - Australian Gamer
    image.jpg1_zpsnlvre2v5.jpg
  • CaledonesCaledones Posts: 2 New Member
    @ceejay402 Thanks, I started a new game which did work. I have managed to confirm though that after placing a family and them being "acquaintances" first, if you go into manage worlds mode, even if you don't make any changes there, when you return to your game, any existing relationships will have been set to "impartial"
  • naomehnaomeh Posts: 367 Member
    @egwarhammer
    This is perfect. With both of those mods, I now only need to right click a portrait to set the relationship to anything but 1 - 49, and it won't corrupt when I move. I just set it to -2 or so if it's an acquaintance I want to keep for a bit. MC Command Center is great for deleting relationships that already have the bug.

This is great! <3 Thank you for sharing your findings! I have done everything I can think of - cleared out saves, restored the program files folder, everything. No matter what I do, the impartial bug still happens if you do travel between Acquaintances - Friend, so it's really in the game. There doesn't look like there's anything to be done to fix it on our end.

• SandorCleganeSandorClegane Posts: 9 New Member
    Are there actually people who don't have this bug?

Also, do you guys think we can expect a fix before August? I only bought this game a week ago, and haven't been able to enjoy it that much due to this bug. And in August, I won't have that much time to do anything related to gaming...
  • banana_munchkinbanana_munchkin Posts: 4 New Member
    I'm really glad it's not just me with this problem. I was worried I installed corrupted cc or messed up the game files. I hope it gets fixed soon. It is making The Sims stressful to play and I definitely haven't played in live mode since this happened.
  • taraincognitataraincognita Posts: 109 Member
    I just watched a video by TheEnglishSimmer and she mentioned having this problem.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Are there actually people who don't have this bug?

Also, do you guys think we can expect a fix before August? I only bought this game a week ago, and haven't been able to enjoy it that much due to this bug. And in August, I won't have that much time to do anything related to gaming...

Hello @SandorClegane. I am sorry that you have just bought the game and are now experiencing this bug. You will enjoy it more soon when there is a fix. There hopefully will be one soon. Try to see if the workarounds that simmers have been posting will help you.
  • cfraser10cfraser10 Posts: 41 Member
    Just chiming in to say I have also been experiencing this issue. Two other things to add that I have noticed during my experimenting with figuring out this bug:
    1) The social interactions pie menu seems to recognize when they would normally cross over to "friend" or "good friend" status even if the label doesn't change. I know this because interactions that normally only show up for friends vs. acquaintances (ex: share secret) do appear in the pie menu when they are supposed based on how full the friendship bar is.
    2) I don't know if I am the only one that this happened to, but I invited some of my impartial peeps over to my house to make friends with them right before I noticed the bug, and when I began interacting with them, I had to introduce myself to them as if I had never met them even though their friendship bar was at like 40.
    naomeh wrote: »
    @egwarhammer
    This is perfect. With both of those mods, I now only need to right click a portrait to set the relationship to anything but 1 - 49, and it won't corrupt when I move. I just set it to -2 or so if it's an acquaintance I want to keep for a bit. MC Command Center is great for deleting relationships that already have the bug.

This is great! <3 Thank you for sharing your findings! I have done everything I can think of - cleared out saves, restored the program files folder, everything. No matter what I do, the impartial bug still happens if you do travel between Acquaintances - Friend, so it's really in the game. There doesn't look like there's anything to be done to fix it on our end.

Wonderful! I'm so glad it's working for you.

I had a feeling it would be a good combo (weerbesu/ @Deaderpool rock!) once I saw how the UI mod worked in the game. I actually windowed out right after I tested it in game, to post my original message.
    cfraser10 wrote: »
    Just chiming in to say I have also been experiencing this issue. Two other things to add that I have noticed during my experimenting with figuring out this bug:
    1) The social interactions pie menu seems to recognize when they would normally cross over to "friend" or "good friend" status even if the label doesn't change. I know this because interactions that normally only show up for friends vs. acquaintances (ex: share secret) do appear in the pie menu when they are supposed based on how full the friendship bar is.
    2) I don't know if I am the only one that this happened to, but I invited some of my impartial peeps over to my house to make friends with them right before I noticed the bug, and when I began interacting with them, I had to introduce myself to them as if I had never met them even though their friendship bar was at like 40.

Hello @cfraser10. That is helpful what you noticed about the social interactions pie menu. The game is still recognising it through that way. Thanks for posting about what you found out and also the introductions :)
    cfraser10 wrote: »

I wonder if it's something to do with Aspirations, maybe? The bug, I mean. People have said "Beloved" trait is not working... let's expand that and say Friend of the World is having issues.

One sort of beneficial thing, if you haven't met your 10 sims yet, here's an easy shot at filling that aspiration pretty quick, re-meeting old friends.

Sounds like a disconnect somewhere, and that isn't something WE can do anything about.
  • peoineepeoinee Posts: 2,183 Member
    There is alot in this thread to read thru i dont know if someone has found a definet fix or cause but my experiance with this has irritated me to no end.

Usually i can get the first friend to "credit" but its a toss of the dice if someone will really be a friend or not. trying to do the "friend to the world" aspiration is impossible, yes as someone said in the first few pages they show as friends when filtering friends but since it doesnt actually make them a friend they do not count for the aspiration.

I tried resetting my game as rosemow said i intentionally did NOT go in to manage worlds while checking a fresh game before adding back in my files. I made the first friend with no issue but the second person who left the lot before becoming a friend stayed stuck at impartial.

it feels like if the sim leaves the lot (the NPC not your sim) before a friendship is made the bug activates i will test more unless someone has confirmed this aspect.
    edited July 2015
    egwarhammer wrote: »

I wonder if it's something to do with Aspirations, maybe? The bug, I mean. People have said "Beloved" trait is not working... let's expand that and say Friend of the World is having issues.

One sort of beneficial thing, if you haven't met your 10 sims yet, here's an easy shot at filling that aspiration pretty quick, re-meeting old friends.

Sounds like a disconnect somewhere, and that isn't something WE can do anything about.

Hello @egwarhammer. A simmer posted in a thread the other day that they were having problems with the Friends of the World aspiration not registering on the progress that they were making friends, when they needed to make 20 Friends, although it registered in their friends tab. Their issue could be connected with the impartial issue.
  • Danni91Danni91 Posts: 20 Member
    I'm having the same problem but I am able to be friends with family members idk about best friends yet but ik I cannot be friends & best friends with anyone not family... So I can't complete the social butterfly requirement to finish it... An I don't like to cheat but ig I might have too
  • AlexFetsisAlexFetsis Posts: 178 Member
    I'm having the same problem with certain Sims. Can't figure out what do they have in common that doesn't allow their relationships to pass "impartial"
    AlexFetsis wrote: »
    I'm having the same problem with certain Sims. Can't figure out what do they have in common that doesn't allow their relationships to pass "impartial"
    ahh i just responded to your other thread :) review the thread for posted work arounds. there are options while we wait for a patch fix, HTH
  • cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    For those of you not opposed to modding for this, MC Command Center has ways to help that I've mentioned.

I'm actually here to tell you about a different mod I just installed, works fine so far, and one thing it does is lets you set relationships by right clicking the sim in the relationship panel. It pops up a text box with (ex) 40,40 you can set to whatever.

UI Cheats Extension v1.2
    by weerbesu Posted 30th Jun 2015 at 6:43 PM - Updated Yesterday at 7:52 AM by weerbesu

I have his 3-column CAS mod too, it's *very* nice! No issues post patch/spa day.

He has a couple more mods up, but these are the 2 I'm most interested in. He's definitely a creator to watch!

Hey that's really useful for this problem @egwarhammer. Can't find it on mod the sims but is it unzipped or zipped in mods folder.
    cherpar wrote: »

UI Cheats Extension v1.2

Hey that's really useful for this problem @egwarhammer. Can't find it on mod the sims but is it unzipped or zipped in mods folder.

Unzipped, the UI mod is a .package file. Easy peasy! :) (The 3 and 4 column CAS mods are package files too, if anybody wondered.)
  • cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    cherpar wrote: »

UI Cheats Extension v1.2

Unzipped, the UI mod is a .package file. Easy peasy! :) (The 3 and 4 column CAS mods are package files too, if anybody wondered.)

Thank you , hope you are having a lovely evening :smile:
  • MagicAndPancakesMagicAndPancakes Posts: 149 Member
    I'm also experiencing this bug. I thought something was amiss when my sim's son aged up into a child and there was an option for a friendly introduction. :|

But I thought it was a random occurrence until I tried starting the Black Widow Challenge for the first time. I met a few potential husbands while at the spa lot and when I went back to my lot I invited one of them over and the friendship bar was way in the green but remained impartial. I googled my issue and lo and behold I found this thread.

Luckily I have the two mods mentioned to bypass this. I guess I'll have to cheat to make friends (which I don't really like doing) but until there's a fix it looks like I'll have to bite the bullet. Hopefully they are aware of this issue and will fix it soon because this is potentially game-breaking, not to mention annoying.
    I'm also experiencing this bug. I thought something was amiss when my sim's son aged up into a child and there was an option for a friendly introduction. :|

But I thought it was a random occurrence until I tried starting the Black Widow Challenge for the first time. I met a few potential husbands while at the spa lot and when I went back to my lot I invited one of them over and the friendship bar was way in the green but remained impartial. I googled my issue and lo and behold I found this thread.

Luckily I have the two mods mentioned to bypass this. I guess I'll have to cheat to make friends (which I don't really like doing) but until there's a fix it looks like I'll have to bite the bullet. Hopefully they are aware of this issue and will fix it soon because this is potentially game-breaking, not to mention annoying.
    i too typically dont play with cheats what you can do is just fix the broken part being stuck on impartial when you want to befriend someone just dont load another screen while you are bulding up the relationship once you hit friend or higher its fine. though i havent tested what happens when the relationship decays if not maintained