Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sociable Grim Reaper

Has anybody noticed Grimmy appearing more in their game? I don't know if it's since the update, but I encountered him in the sauna at the spa, and now he's fishing at the pond across the road from my sims house!

Anybody else noticed him becoming less shy? :p

Comments

• lovebypondsidelovebypondside Posts: 1,364 Member
    Yeah, he just hangs around. It's not just you, I guess it's just a thing now. I see him at the gym a lot.
    Origin ID: byscreenside
    Twitter: @byscreenside
    Youtube: YT

• SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    I don't find him around. I don't know if it's because I have a lot of Sims in the town or because I didn't befriend him.
  • PeachyKeen88PeachyKeen88 Posts: 652 Member
    He's everywhere in my game. I had my sim in the gym while I was playing last night and grimmy was chatting up the chick on the next treadmill over. Next thing you know, the girl puts her incline up and goes flying backward off the treadmill. I think grimmy was trying to kill her...
  • MaroonPantsMaroonPants Posts: 387 Member
    Two of him showed up at the gym.... Wait, I have a picture XD

11747495_857862347621134_417812808_o.jpg?oh=7753081f3500bccca8628ae4fc01c78e&oe=55A8937B&__gda__=1437094308_76ffe38b810c40d9aefa0be2d36ab473
    11909804_873412349399467_742719380_n.jpg?oh=52e438b18b94d2bf9fc31502acc3571d&oe=55D2753F
    I made art of of a Pepe and Google Deep Dream XD
  • ElinElin Posts: 36 Member
    That scares me :\
  • MawMawMawMaw Posts: 99 Member
    I see him a lot too, In fact I saw him while my romantic aspiration sim was on a date with Alexander Goth, She and Alexander are no longer romantically involved as she prefers flirting with death :wink:
  • TS_DivaTS_Diva Posts: 477 Member
  • TheSikiSassTheSikiSass Posts: 273 Member
    I've seen Grim fishing twice already, the first time was in my Runaway Teen challenge, as you can see by my picture. I have a screenshot for the second time, but I don't feel like posting it.
    gay is ok kids
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    i think its a game glitch as we are not suppose to see the grim reaper appear unless a sim dies since me i nvers seen him show up in my game and i make sure death is keep turn off
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • SimPoseyYumSimPoseyYum Posts: 995 Member
    In my most recent game, Grim enjoys fishing in the river/pond across the street. S/he is there frequently, even though there are no other Sims nearby. It's obvious to me that Grim is off-duty and just chillin'.

I've also seen Grim relaxing and chatting it up at the bars. I can't recall ever seeing him/her dance, though.

I had another file/game (in 2014) where my Sim and Grim struck up a friendship. In this particular case, they met at a death. Eventually, they became BFFs. They'd chat quite often, via PC or phone. Sometimes my Sim called Grim, other times Grim called her. At first, I feared that Grim was calling for... business, but it was always purely social. As I mentioned in another thread, I was tempted to have my Sim and Grim start a romance, but, since this Sim was part of a Challenge, a romance would have taken me off track.

I still have that file -- maybe one day I should reload it and start that romance, just to see how it goes. Can you imagine a baby Grim?
  • ForeverKailynForeverKailyn Posts: 31 Member
    What if the grim reapers are an organization. Like in black butler... If anyone gets that reference. :)
  • SimPoseyYumSimPoseyYum Posts: 995 Member
    Memina11 wrote: »
    i think its a game glitch as we are not suppose to see the grim reaper appear unless a sim dies since me i nvers seen him show up in my game and i make sure death is keep turn off
    So, because you've never seen it, that means it's not supposed to happen? I think there have been enough sightings, as evidenced in this thread alone, to suggest otherwise. Do you have some evidence to support your assertion that we are not supposed to see Grim unless a Sim dies?

• TS_DivaTS_Diva Posts: 477 Member
    Two of him showed up at the gym.... Wait, I have a picture XD

[snip photo]

Obviously somebody's been sleeping around with old Grim. :smiley:
  • JoshuaSkylarJoshuaSkylar Posts: 158 Member
    I don't see the Grim, and don't want to :flushed: . Leave him somewhere hidden in the game coding. :sweat_smile:
  • TheSikiSassTheSikiSass Posts: 273 Member
    If I ever see Grim dancing, I'm going to be thinking of Uma Thurman by Fall Out Boy- "May nothing but death do us part."
    gay is ok kids