Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game Recommendations for Kids?

gameliagamelia Posts: 703 Member
Hi all,

My 7 year old niece wants to play Sims, but the content is too mature for her and the game is just too hard. She likes to dress up the Sims and follow them around. Do you know of any kid-friendly games that she might enjoy?

Thanks!
--+++ Simming since 2000. All packs. All in! +++--

Comments

• SkyscraperfanSkyscraperfan Posts: 4,287 Member
    zoo tycoon
    My current Novelcy and general blog:
    https://themostevilfish.wordpress.com/
  • AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    This website keeps my 5 year old step sister entertained for hours.
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Freddie Fish is great game for kids. You can only get it on Steam.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    When my daughter was younger, I would lock motive decay so the Sims wouldn't die, and she would just do whatever she wanted with them. Lol. Do you have an iPad or just a computer? You can check out Lego.com or DisneyJunior.com. If you have an iPad my daughter said she's got some Barbie and dress up games for free in the App store.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • lovespandas1lovespandas1 Posts: 635 Member
    Yeah, MySims would be good!
    you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
  • wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    I loved this game when I was a kid. http://store.steampowered.com/app/283960/
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • WooftheWolfieWooftheWolfie Posts: 388 Member
    My Sims. It's basically The Sims, but for kids. It's a lot of fun if you have good imagination.
  • rosey1579rosey1579 Posts: 6,252 Member
    There's always Moshi Monsters...
  • MzB06MzB06 Posts: 1,200 Member
    There are dress up Apps that she could play.

Pet Rescue
    Just Dance for Kids (They have the Frozen characters, and songs on there now that she'd really enjoy.)
  • SirhirokiSirhiroki Posts: 26 Member
    edited July 2015
    Animal Crossing New Leaf
    It doesn't play exactly like the sims, but you can dress your character and the characters/neighbors in there are really cute and charming.
    Rating: E

Tomodachi Life
    This is sort of like the sims from what I recall..I only played the demo honestly. But you can create your own Mii's(pretty indepth), dress them up(later?) do activites with them(and with other Mii's and you have created), give them personalities(something like that), go on dates, hold concerts. It's cute.

Style Savvy: Trendsetter
    Not really a life sim, but more a dressing game. It's really good though, I recommend it! The characters are charming, there are A LOT of clothing to choose from and you can mix and match(and layer clothing, yes!). You can customize your shop/room, earn money in contests, manage shop(hire workers, serve customers, restocking), do photo shoots, go to salons/cosmetic shops and change your characters styles, there are also cute little events in there or sometimes a character will ask to hang out, and yeah. I probably missed a few things. Ahhh but there is so much stuff!

Harvest Moon: A New Beginning
    Farm simulation game. It's a cute anime styled game..and you can dress your characters in this version.

Story of Seasons:
    They're pretty much the same series as A New Beginning so I'd assume it were the same.
    Rating: E10

Pokemon X/Y
    Very..Pokemon. Except a HUGE upgrade with the graphics. Another thing is, you can dress your trainer! Pretty neat.

They're all handheld games.
  • Sue_D_NimSue_D_Nim Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited July 2015
    Virtual Families 1 and 2. They are rated E and look just like the sims with Lego graphics.

virtualfamilies.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXX1JVyAc40#t=25
    Post edited by Sue_D_Nim on
  • smoesiesmoesie Posts: 267 Member
    I used to play The Sims on the computer or The Sims 2 Pets on my Nintendo DS when I was 7. The Sims is much less mature than The Sims 2, 3, or 4 (most sexual thing is a kiss) so that might be good for your niece, if you can still find it somewhere... :p
    Onderschrift_zps7b5c38ca.png
    ༼ つ ͡◕ Ѿ ͡◕ ༽つ My website ~ My page ~ My TS3-houses ~ My TS4-houses ლ(́◕◞Ѿ◟◕‵ლ)
  • HanskuHansku Posts: 1,735 Member
    AngelEb95 wrote: »
    Wow, that site is still up? I used to go on that site like ten years ago. :smiley:
    AlA2dUe.gif
    finnish | ♀ | ♓ | intp
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    gamesgames.com
    that site was my life.
    oh3cjs.jpg
    I used to play an online game called Fantage as well. I really loved it!
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    A lot of the games I'd recommend have been mentioned, such as Animal Crossing New Leaf, Pokemon X/Y, and Tomodachi Life.

Another one I'd recommend is Little Big Planet, if you have a Playstation.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • gameliagamelia Posts: 703 Member
    Thanks, everyone! I'm checking into several options you mentioned.
    --+++ Simming since 2000. All packs. All in! +++--
  • javadjavad Posts: 161 Member
    MySims would be a good option.
  • wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    edited July 2015
    rosey1579 wrote: »
    There's always Moshi Monsters...
    Problem is there's a lot of perverts on there.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    AngelEb95 wrote: »

Omg I remember tht site.
    Something better (and there are games anyone can enjoy on there too) yet similar is this: dolldivine.com
    It only has dress up games but there is such a wide variety of them it's hard to avoid.
    I'd reccomend mysims tho.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    My personal reccomendations:
    First a website, dolldivine.com & another girlsgogames.com & a third one miniclip.com
    But real games they can try are: (all availible on ps store, not sure on other platforms tho & mysims is the exception, I'm not sure wht you can get it on but I used to play my sims kingdom & various others occasionally so it's good)
    My sims
    Rain
    Entwined
    Gravity Rush (anybody will be in love with this game!)
    FIFA (whole series, first game I ever played, I recall playing it when i was only 2! I don't still play it but my dad and a few of my cousins love it! I can definatly say its worth your money)
    Shoot em ups (started when I was 2 and they're suitable for anybody. A quite old one that isn't bad at all is darkwatch for ps2. The whole killzone series is also awesome. COD is good too. Battlefield may not be for a 5 yr old tho)
    Little big planet (whole series! you can do so much and customise your character, any kid under 10 will love this)
    EyePet (another interactive game, which uses ps eye to put you in the screen and it's so amazing and you can dress up your character. It's very fun for anyone under 12!)
    EyeToy (an old series for ps2 anyone will love! It's a true family game!)
    Geometry wars 3
    Hatsune miku (a Japanese series of games fun for all ages!)
    Tearaway (this really utilises every part of the psvita, it is a very fun game for any kid under 8!)
    Txk (a better version of geometry wars 3)
    Lego batman
    Lego Star Wars

Hyperdimension neptunia is a personal fave of mine but it's more of a teen jrpg than a game anyone can enjoy. To find its jokes hilarious (and I hope I don't offend anyone here) and truly indulge in its sense of humour and little jokes with everything else in it, only teens really can make the most out of it. It has a fun feel to it but I'm sure nobody would want me to suggest your kid plays tht, it's just they wouldn't understand it very well, therefore they wouldn't be enjoying it.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
    I remember playing a game called Bunni online. Also Grow valley.