Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you buy a Toddler expansion?

Comments

• Options
    poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    If they did toddlers well enough and it was a full expansion with a ton of content then maybe. IDEALLY the best way to do it would be to patch in toddlers and some objects and leave the rest of the content in the expac. Maybe untie babies from cribs for those who want it. But like I said, it'd have to be an amazing expac for me to buy it, despite how much I want toddlers. I think EA/Maxis know this though, and I think they understand that from a sales standpoint it'd be better to try and offer toddlers as a free update to try and get rid of some of the harsh opinions on the game. Most of us will always remember this debacle and reference it, but we'll be more soothed by them actually trying to appease us if they handle the situation properly.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • Options
    edaercangs96edaercangs96 Posts: 214 Member
    We all know if that happens, everybody will buy it even they are saying they won't. :smiley:
  • Options
    InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member
    We all know if that happens, everybody will buy it even they are saying they won't. :smiley:

I wouldn't bet on that the family thread is strong I have more faith they won't budge than I do in the Maxis team.

Less I can get it on sale for five bucks it's not happening. I don't even have the game still waiting for a five to ten buck sale or something to reel me in so there's no incentive for me to get anything for Sims 4. They had their chance with aliens and blew it when I read they limited the abductions, less they add a color wheel, get rid cullling and musical chairs the game has two percent interest too me.
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    edited July 2015
    maybe you, i still didn't buy any pack and uninstalled my base game and don't feel any desire/obligation to buy any pack so far or play sims 4 i'm pretty happy playing sims 3.

just because some peoples love to "buy anything" with sims name don't means which everyone will do that.

tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,656 Member
    No. I'm not missing them at all.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    Ilovecats1989Ilovecats1989 Posts: 227 Member
    I would buy it as long as it included other things for family play but not if it was toddlers only. Although it would make sense for them to do a toddlers themed game pack, now that I would buy.
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    No. Toddlers are base game content. I already payed for toddlers when I bought the base game. It needs to be patched in or nothing.
  • Options
    CipherMandyCipherMandy Posts: 524 Member
    I would not buy an expansion simply for toddlers. Because it is not important to me, but I realize how important they are to other.

I, too, am waiting patiently for seasons/weather.
  • Options
    Ellessarr wrote: »
    maybe you, i still didn't buy any pack and uninstalled my base game and don't feel any desire/obligation to buy any pack so far or play sims 4 i'm pretty happy playing sims 3.

just because some peoples love to "buy anything" with sims name don't means which everyone will do that.

I meant people who play TS4 cause I think they will need that pack even they are saying they will never pay money for it.
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    edited July 2015

GKyTwGP.jpg

Minus the pools this is what we're going to get no doubt at their rate with how restrictive and lackluster TS4 is. Get ready for summer expansion pack, rain expansion pack, dog expansion pack, terrain tools expansion pack, babies are no longer objects expansion pack, etc.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited July 2015
    aws200 wrote: »
    GKyTwGP.jpg

Minus the pools this is what we're going to get no doubt at their rate with how restrictive and lackluster TS4 is. Get ready for summer expansion pack, rain expansion pack, dog expansion pack, terrain tools expansion pack, babies are no longer objects expansion pack, etc.
    LOL honestly they could call the expansion pack, the Complete Base Game and add dishwashers, food processors, NPCs, toddlers, carpools, real roads, and basically everything that is missing. XD Even then it is paying $100 to get a complete game versus the $50 the Sims 3 was. Even less than that for the Sims 1 and 2. Not everyone will pay that. When will others get that the gaming industry isn't doing well because of inflation going on in a lot of places? People are going to be tighter in what they spend now. Plus the Sims 5 I still think has a higher chance of offering more bang for the buck. But if Simmers are fine with the Frankenstein effect occurring with each iteration, they are going to pay more for less. The Sims 3 proved that and it hasn't been any different for the Sims 4. GPs and SPs are just relabeled versions of the Sims 3 store. Both are DLC only although I think the Sims 3 did offer some disk versions. I just find the whole situation of EPs just for toddlers extremely funny just like last time.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    No. Because they should have been included in the base game.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    No. I don't buy additional content for games that I don't especially like. It would have been a better game in my eyes if basic features like that had been put in before release. I'm not going to pay to add them in later.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    sparkietothemaxsparkietothemax Posts: 131 Member

I meant people who play TS4 cause I think they will need that pack even they are saying they will never pay money for it.

I play TS4 and there's absolutely no way I'd reward EA's poor decision making.
  • Options
    JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    No, for two reasons. One, I don't want toddlers that much (i.e, not $40's worth of much). Two, I would feel that this is a diss by EA to the fandom.

Okay, a few minutes' thought later, and whether I would buy would depend on exactly what the rest of the content was. If it was content that I would have spent $40 for regardless, I'd buy it, with apologies, on sale, eventually.

Personally, I don't think this is going to be a thing, though. I think if they do toddlers, they'll patch 'em in, and then sell a game pack or stuff pack alongside it.

This is exactly how I feel.

They'd be shooting themselves in the foot if they made toddlers pay for content plus logistically speaking , creating them and making them part of an expansion negates any future further development or inclusion of them. I just don't think they will do it that way.
  • Options

You don't want toddlers? It's up to you.
  • Options
    InfinityAngelSimInfinityAngelSim Posts: 2 New Member
    I would buy it.
    If I had money lmao
    I think making a pets pack would be wonderful too though. o:)
  • Options
    CherbitDipCherbitDip Posts: 116 Member
    No, absolutely not. At the moment, I'm so angry with EA/Maxis' attitude towards the franchise and its many loyal players, that I just won't give them any money. I held back from buying Sims 4 mostly because Sims 3 was such a mess of bugs, glitchs etc by the end and with no patches ever coming, I had to look at getting mods just to make my game playable. That should never be the case and I can see history starting to repeat itself with Sims 4.
    For me personally, to ask players to pay out cash for a lifestage that has been there since Sims 2 launched is laughable.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Of course EA is not doing a Toddlers Expansion. Toddlers alone is not enough to make one EP about..

What they can do is make it a GamePack, and I would not be surprised if they really did that.
    In my opinion they still should come in a free patch so EA can expand upon them with new EP's/GP's.
  • Options
    sparkietothemaxsparkietothemax Posts: 131 Member

You don't want toddlers? It's up to you.

I do, but I'm not going to pay for them.
  • Options
    SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    Yes, I would pay for them, I mean why not, I've already wasted 15 bucks on a plumdumb hot tub, then $22+tax for that joke of a GP "Spa Day"... that one kept me busy for a whole 3 minutes. I know, Im a glutton for punishment, or maybe just really bored.. Either way, I want Toddlers back.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    edited July 2015
    $10 for hottubs (Perfect Patio)
    $10 for another bar (Luxury Stuff)
    $20 for a bear suit (Outdoor Retreat)
    $20 for farting constantly (Spa Day)
    $40 for rehashed Ambitions and Open For Business content that doesn't go well (Get To Work)
    $60 for a still unfinished base game that offers less than even The Sims 1 (Sims 4)
    $10 for the 'deluxe upgrade' to get hats, hats! (Digital Deluxe Upgrade)

Yep TS4 is garbage so far.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    zeppelin123zeppelin123 Posts: 864 Member
    yes I definitely would. It is the one thing I miss from sims 2 and 3. I am okay with not having the open world etc as the transitions load fast for me but would love love love toddlers.
  • Options
    SAMSPAIN22SAMSPAIN22 Posts: 202 Member
    Yes I would but only because I have a weird obsession with buying everything released for TS4 no matter what :p;)
    giphy.gif
    PC Specs: i7 4790@3.6Ghz, 16GB RAM, R9 280X
    Youtube Channel (SamGames) www.youtube.com/channel/UCfcu71Y96Kyt7cUPvFZ6pTQ