Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My sim cannot become friends with anyone.

Comments

• naomehnaomeh Posts: 367 Member
    @crinrict do you not have the bug even with it updated to most recent patch?

Has anyone here actually managed to fix acquaintances, or never had the bug at all?
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    I can't play atm since I have a hole in my ear drum. I get dizzy from playing. I can do short test periods but not really play.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

edited July 2015
    crinrict wrote: »
    I can't play atm since I have a hole in my ear drum. I get dizzy from playing. I can do short test periods but not really play.

Ahh, I see. That must be nauseating, vertigo is the worst! Hope everything's fixed up for you soon. Feel better!

To add, mc command center is a lot more efficient. Definitely gunning for those friendship achievements so it'll skip acquaintance altogether. Thanks @ravynwolvf @egwarhammer .

Its definitely playable now that I don't have to do all of that sim id for everyone haha

• ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    edited July 2015
    I'm installing parts of the MC right now myself; partly for this, but also to try and curb all the existing non-existing sims in my game and put some sensible limits on things. Tired of the way the game just overdoes everything...don't see why I need 3 new elders shuffling through my neighborhood every morning when I have a huge population of sims I put in the game I never see there. Thanks for mentioning it, since I somehow never knew the MC existed, despite my mod fixation.
  • suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    Just wanted to say I also have this bug. It's in two saves now.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    I am having the same problem. I had one sim who had an impartial relationship (but high enough to be friends) I flirted with him a little and when the pink bar came up the relationship changed to "just good friends". Should be able to stay friends with no more flirting. I also noticed this problem occurred when I went to manage worlds. After I noticed the problem I reset my sim and I was able to make friends with new people I hadn't known before.

This is quite annoying, I hope they fix it soon!

interesting!!!! @riannichols are you saying a possible work around is to flirt for a bit?if so that maybe the easiest thing to do...i shall test as well.

I found that creating a romantic relationship was an effective workaround, if a somewhat annoying one. Flirting with some of my "friends" made our relationship drop a little until I smoothed things over, but it did create a relationship that wasn't impartial anymore.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • RomireRomire Posts: 2,414 Member
    is it worth deleting saves and re formating the game to get the Modifyrelationship cheat working?
    Romire - Australian Gamer
    image.jpg1_zpsnlvre2v5.jpg
    ROMIRE wrote: »
    is it worth deleting saves and re formating the game to get the Modifyrelationship cheat working?

Depends on how attached you are to your current Sims. And there's no guarantee that it will continue to work. For me, it works for some Sims and not others and starting a fresh game didn't make a difference.
    lisamwitt wrote: »

Depends on how attached you are to your current Sims. And there's no guarantee that it will continue to work. For me, it works for some Sims and not others and starting a fresh game didn't make a difference.

Ill wait for a fix i guess
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    @suzanna13 i hope you had a chance to review the thread to see the different work arounds posted here
    no need :) all you need to do is destroy the relationship, you can either wait for the relationship bar to reduce on its own, use a cheat or mod - all options are posted in this thread. once the green bar is removed you can build up the relationship with the modify cheat again but do it for each sim before changing screens

thanks @lisamwitt ill give it a test.
  • Cheri74Cheri74 Posts: 1 New Member
    I have found when I try to become friends with coworkers it starts the impartial relationship forever glitch
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Cheri74 wrote: »
    I have found when I try to become friends with coworkers it starts the impartial relationship forever glitch

Hello @Cheri74. Try the different workarounds that simmers have been posting on this thread that they have been doing.
  • engaredengared Posts: 8 New Member
    I hope this is a priority fix because the bug wasn't there in a previous patch. Which is a pity because this is the first major game breaking bug I have experienced in Sims 4.

I was hoping to only minimally mod the Sims 4 this time around and the workarounds seem way too complicated and time-consuming. EA, please make this a priority.
    engared wrote: »
    I hope this is a priority fix because the bug wasn't there in a previous patch. Which is a pity because this is the first major game breaking bug I have experienced in Sims 4.

I was hoping to only minimally mod the Sims 4 this time around and the workarounds seem way too complicated and time-consuming. EA, please make this a priority.

Agree it would be nice if they released a fix before next month's patch but also wanted to highlight the relationships will decay if you don't interact and then you could have the coworkers come by lot and then make friends with them
    Ahhh f me, game bugged out and crashed and now i have a corrupted save!

/headdesk

Sigh
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello @ROMIRE.
    Try to roll back to an earlier version before your game crashed These are links to how to roll back your save.
    https://enkeli63.wordpress.com/2014/09/30/sims-4-saved-game-back-up-recovery/
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783120/how-to-roll-back-your-save/p1

@Rosemow i already did the reset and save delete, so its a bit late lol

Oh well, round 4 it is!
    on a side note, It fixed my Anti friendship problem! It was either my Satisifaction mod or the save itself :)
    on a side note, It fixed my Anti friendship problem! It was either my Satisifaction mod or the save itself :)
    @ROMIRE What, really? You're sure?
    So you can make acquaintances just fine and it never turns to impartial even if you travel? Which Satisfication mod?
  • ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    edited July 2015
    I'm not sure everyone is reading through all the posts to see what causes and what fixes this thing, because right now there is NOTHING posted that truly fixes it and keeps it from returning if you enter manage worlds again. Once an impartial relationship is corrupted it has to be destroyed and started again. Pretty much period as far as I know. Perhaps the save itself does get corrupted and resetting it would somehow temporarily fix, but I'm betting travelling will start it once again, and it's gotta be safer destroying the individual relationships than messing with saves.
    Post edited by ravynwolvf on
  • UnexpectedGuestUnexpectedGuest Posts: 3 New Member
    Hope they will fix it soon.
    I don't want to remove and readd the relationship everytime I travel/manage world. I'm not enjoying it. So I don't play it until this Bug is gone. With the Side Effect that I'm not purchasing any additional Content until it's fixed.
    edited July 2015
    Hope they will fix it soon.
    I don't want to remove and readd the relationship everytime I travel/manage world. I'm not enjoying it. So I don't play it until this Bug is gone. With the Side Effect that I'm not purchasing any additional Content until it's fixed.

In case this is helpful any relationship in red or is a friend or higher is unaffected with loading screens
    naomeh wrote: »
    @ROMIRE What, really? You're sure?
    So you can make acquaintances just fine and it never turns to impartial even if you travel? Which Satisfication mod?

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=534747
    Its outdated therefore can sometimes funk with the code.

Im able to cheat realationships just fine now
  • sekrittheorysekrittheory Posts: 149 Member
    edited July 2015
    > @lisamwitt said:

> I found that creating a romantic relationship was an effective workaround, if a somewhat annoying one. Flirting with some of my "friends" made our relationship drop a little until I smoothed things over, but it did create a relationship that wasn't impartial anymore.

This worked for me in one relationship (housemates) but not in another (neighbors) - the neighbor relationship now lists "neighbors" and a blank space where the relationship status should be.

Edit: I tried to quote, and the post died on me.
    > @lisamwitt said:

> I found that creating a romantic relationship was an effective workaround, if a somewhat annoying one. Flirting with some of my "friends" made our relationship drop a little until I smoothed things over, but it did create a relationship that wasn't impartial anymore.

This worked for me in one relationship (housemates) but not in another (neighbors) - the neighbor relationship now lists "neighbors" and a blank space where the relationship status should be.

Edit: I tried to quote, and the post died on me.

Yeah, I also discovered that it only works on some Sims. Hopefully there will be a patch soon. I gather from looking around the forums people are encountering other bugs too. The maid is a pretty big one for me. I always hire a maid and they aren't working right now.