Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How did my bills get so high?

I was only paying around 70 for bills on my latest sims shack...and then when the next bill came it was for a shocking amount of 1290. :shock: Is that a bug or something?

My sim has almost nothing, just basic essentials...fridge, bed, toilet, and shower. She did switch jobs from military four or five to law enforcement five. It did come with a car...I hope they're not charging me back bills for a work vehicle or something. Craziness.

Comments

• Lao_TzuLao_Tzu Posts: 305 New Member
    edited October 2009
    Did you plant any money trees? I noticed that bills spike when Money Trees die. Also, which car was it?
  • billydillybillydilly Posts: 577 New Member
    edited October 2009
    I could be the cost of the car, and your right my bills have risen a bit I was only paying 500 now I am paying 700-800 but I do have a living money tree.

In my game money isn't a problem because I have over 300,000. XD

Edit: They don't have a car because they have a teleport station instead.
  • JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    edited October 2009
    I haven't planted anything and I don't own anything except for a few cheap items. The only extra was the patrol car that came with the job.

I've paid less staying in mansions. That's ridiculously high for a sim that has nothing and lives in a box.
  • Sims3Fan214365Sims3Fan214365 Posts: 716 Member
    edited October 2009
    I've found that if I hae more exspensive things in my home, such as a TV, a Car, Sim Goggles, Playstation. Things like that bring it up.
  • skiptharockskiptharock Posts: 103 New Member
    edited October 2009
    Jestina wrote:
    I haven't planted anything and I don't own anything except for a few cheap items. The only extra was the patrol car that came with the job.

I've paid less staying in mansions. That's ridiculously high for a sim that has nothing and lives in a box.

I agree, that's way high!

I have 3 money trees, am a rock star, but live on a pretty small lot ... after a long long time (my skills are almost 10 on every level now) ... I am paying 500 - 600 for bills ...

Speaking of bills, that repo man is a dirty dude! He came and stole my shower and a gem for a bill that was way less than what those were worth! I wanted to get him but there was no way LOL.

edited October 2009
    Try putting the car in the sims inventory instead and see if the bills go down. Remember to get rib of the parking space thing.
    edited October 2009
    Okay, the next bill came and it was for 62...so I don't know why my sim got ripped off for 1290 on the bill before. :(
  • Patty_BoodPatty_Bood Posts: 1,077 New Member
    edited October 2009
    Jestina wrote:
    I was only paying around 70 for bills on my latest sims shack...and then when the next bill came it was for a shocking amount of 1290. :shock: Is that a bug or something?

My sim has almost nothing, just basic essentials...fridge, bed, toilet, and shower. She did switch jobs from military four or five to law enforcement five. It did come with a car...I hope they're not charging me back bills for a work vehicle or something. Craziness.

It could be for a car. Also leaving lights on, I notice that when I put expensive things in my house by bills go up as well. it's like the sim tax collectors know when you have money and just snatch it from you LOL
    edited October 2009
    I don't have anything expensive.

And you shouldn't be getting billed for a car that's a work vehicle. I would hope not anyways, i'll be looking for a new career if that's the way it is.
    edited October 2009
    You don't HAVE to have the vehicle you can sell it can't you?
    edited October 2009
    Its sell value is a big fat 0.
  • DarkFireFlyDarkFireFly Posts: 1,514 Member
    edited October 2009
    A little too realistic for me.
    edited October 2009
    What...being given a work vehicle then immediately turning around and selling it because you start getting taxed for it?

A sure way to get fired and have criminal charges pressed against you. :lol:
  • DarkFireFlyDarkFireFly Posts: 1,514 Member
    edited October 2009
    Actually (if you were talking to me) I was referring to the unexpectedly high bill coming out of the blue. Too bad your sim can't spend hours on the phone arguing with the company representatives! although I guess that would be, again, just TOO realistic. :wink:
    edited October 2009
    That's like the electric company charging me for a period when I had no power.
    edited October 2009
    Like I said put it in your inventory (they can't charge you if it isn't on your lot) and the car is still usable from the inventory.
  • HarleyQuinnHarleyQuinn Posts: 950 New Member
    edited October 2009
    Actually (if you were talking to me) I was referring to the unexpectedly high bill coming out of the blue. Too bad your sim can't spend hours on the phone arguing with the company representatives! although I guess that would be, again, just TOO realistic. :wink:

That's the next expansion pack. Sims phone, cable, electric, gas and water company call centers available for daily telemarketing phone calls and hours on end waiting on hold to speak to a representative because "your call is important to us." :wink: