Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How does your house look?

Comments

• StarLit8269StarLit8269 Posts: 84 Member
    This is the house I'm currently playing with in Lucky Palms, I found a floor plan on a website and just had to make it.
    SimsStantonHouse.png
  • SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    @StarLit8269 It looks absolutely lovely. :3
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • AbearsmenAbearsmen Posts: 54 Member
    > @SilentWolf101 said:
    > Abearsmen wrote: »
    >
    > 23kels89 Don't you hate also when you are building a home and spend hours on it, and then your game crashes...This actually happened to me the other day after spending like 7 hours building a house...I guess it's my fault for not even saving once :(.
    >
    >
    >
    > A similar thing happened to me a while back. I'd been playing from like 7 AM to Noon, and then my game crashed after I reached Gen 3 and tried to change the outfit of one of my sims. My luck for not saving. XD I always save now, though. :3

I still can't for the life of me remember to save. I'll have my usual lag spurts and hope I survive through it as a reminder to save D:
    Abearsmen wrote: »
    > @SilentWolf101 said:
    >
    > 23kels89 Don't you hate also when you are building a home and spend hours on it, and then your game crashes...This actually happened to me the other day after spending like 7 hours building a house...I guess it's my fault for not even saving once :(.
    >
    >
    >
    > A similar thing happened to me a while back. I'd been playing from like 7 AM to Noon, and then my game crashed after I reached Gen 3 and tried to change the outfit of one of my sims. My luck for not saving. XD I always save now, though. :3

I still can't for the life of me remember to save. I'll have my usual lag spurts and hope I survive through it as a reminder to save D:

I try to save every time I made a bit of progress on something, like got my sim pregnant or something. Or, of course, when I need to exit the game. XD
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    This is a home for my Bachelor challenge.
    Screenshot-276.jpg

Screenshot-275.jpg

Screenshot-602.jpg

Screenshot-869.jpg

Screenshot-870.jpg

Screenshot-248.jpg

Screenshot-261.jpg

Screenshot-222.jpg

Screenshot-250.jpg

Screenshot-636.jpg
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    > @CK213 said:
    > This is a home for my Bachelor challenge.

Very nice! L>download of house :(
    > @SilentWolf101 said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I try to save every time I made a bit of progress on something, like got my sim pregnant or something. Or, of course, when I need to exit the game. XD

I still wish there was an auto save feature. But that is a good idea. I think I mainly hate saving because it takes at least 10 minutes to save....
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    > @CK213 said:
    > This is a home for my Bachelor challenge.

Very nice! L>download of house :(

Link?
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8478916

The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    edited July 2015
    @CK213

Yay! Definitely downloading for my neighborhood :smiley:

@SilentWolf101 Speaking of saving, my game right now will not save. It says Error Code 12...whatever that means :(
    Post edited by Abearsmen on
  • Juniormints74Juniormints74 Posts: 288 Member
    dreamerz13 wrote: »
    My most recent house build is this one. It's not really that recent, but mih. I really love it anyway. I've never really been one to build a small house, but it turned out so nice and went so smoothly, I may have to do so more often. XD. It's part of my efforts to build up on Hidden Springs where the family of the sim that lives in the house has been for a couple generations, I thought it in all that time I could work on fixing up some of the lots and put in new ones. I need to get back to that project some day, haha, it's been a while.
    Screenshot-7658.jpg

I love this house. It's looks so very cozy. :)
    edited July 2015
    CK213 wrote: »
    This is a home for my Bachelor challenge.
    Screenshot-276.jpg

Screenshot-275.jpg
    Oh man. This is so fancy... So beautiful...
    > @SilentWolf101 said:
    I try to save every time I made a bit of progress on something, like got my sim pregnant or something. Or, of course, when I need to exit the game. XD

I still wish there was an auto save feature. But that is a good idea. I think I mainly hate saving because it takes at least 10 minutes to save....
    Agreed - auto save would be nice.
    @CK213

Yay! Definitely downloading for my neighborhood :smiley:

@SilentWolf101 Speaking of saving, my game right now will not save. It says Error Code 12...whatever that means :(
    I get that sometimes - I repeatedly hit the save button until it works...
  • hipster011hipster011 Posts: 1 New Member
    I don't understand how people make such beautiful houses. I just place a square, some weird angles and the necessary furniture and consider it done. Looking at all these houses makes me realise I should pay more attention to what I build, haha.
    hipster011 wrote: »
    I don't understand how people make such beautiful houses. I just place a square, some weird angles and the necessary furniture and consider it done. Looking at all these houses makes me realize I should pay more attention to what I build, haha.
    Same here. XD
  • lovespandas1lovespandas1 Posts: 635 Member
    Man.. I really feel like building a house now :)
    I built a house not too long ago that I'd love to share..
    Right now I'm too lazy to load up the save, though :confused:
    you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
    Man.. I really feel like building a house now :)
    I built a house not too long ago that I'd love to share..
    Right now I'm too lazy to load up the save, though :confused:
    I'd love to see the house when you get around to it! ^-^
    Good luck on all your houses! :)
  • moonandsixpensmoonandsixpens Posts: 553 Member
    I built a cabin in Sunset Valley so that my sims can live in the forest occasionally :D
    tumblr_nrulo0YkXq1unxm84o2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nrulqoBO3p1unxm84o2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nrumnaCf341unxm84o7_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nrumso9l6X1unxm84o6_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nrumso9l6X1unxm84o4_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nrumso9l6X1unxm84o5_1280.jpg

tumblr_noncvdlzEI1unxm84o1_540.png

edited July 2015
    @moonandsixpens That looks awesome! :3
    Is it up for download?
  • moseekeemoseekee Posts: 274 Member
    This has inspired me to take a break with the sims 4 and go back to my old favorite.
    Origin: moseekee
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited July 2015
    I moved my household to Moonlight Falls and did fine with a property already there until I added the son's fiancé to the household as well, and decided to try to fit the style of the more traditional homes, and went for a Queen Anne. Each bedroom has its own full bath, including the butler's, and I put in half baths as well where I could. A vast kitchen to try to avoid logjams - but of course people end up piling on the fridge and dishwasher anyway. And finally a music room big enough that people can jam without going outside!

bUaXHQF.jpg

c5eMd0H.jpg

The carriage-house - because calling it a six-car garage sounds pretentious. ;)

7iyNdX4.jpg

I couldn't make a spiral stair work in the turret and still have usable space inside, so I added this goofy little stair and hallway, off the mother-in-law suite to accommodate a witch's sanctum - which is what turret rooms are for, right? And secret doors hidden in book cases, too.

Bp53ral.jpg

dSQLZPA.jpg

The stair leads down into the sitting room of Maggie's suite. Here we see her bedroom, bath, sitting room and study. Yes, everyone but the butler gets their own fireplace, too. Oh, yeah - and a lot of hardwood parquetry throughout. :D

Q9wjA5E.jpg

Her grandson and grandson-in-law have the other bedroom on this floor, in the back of the house. On the rare occasions they actually make it as far as their bed, they can WooHoo without disturbing her. Jaime and Austin don't get a turret - but they do have this little balcony overlooking the greenhouse and cherry blossoms out back.

H9tZaSH.jpg

HHnOzEn.jpg

Jaime has also effectively claimed the upper landing as his own study. I would not want to have been the moving men hauling that desk and book case up all those stairs!

ATYZJ3a.jpg

That's the top two stories - I have more to share, but this post is already too long. :D

edited July 2015
    @moonandsixpens That looks awesome! :3
    Is it up for download?

I can put it on the exchange if you want. I used tons of store items though.

@SilentWolf101 there, it's on exchange now. My apologies that the preview pics were taken by the game from a weird angle that didn't reveal anything because the woods had completely blocked the view... And the car in my previous picture was not included.

Happy simming! :)
    tumblr_nrumso9l6X1unxm84o1_1280.jpg
    Post edited by moonandsixpens on

@Sindocat Looks lovely! Can't wait to see more!
    @moonandsixpens Awesome! I probably sound a little greedy now, but do you have a download link?
    @SilentWolf101 lol my bad, my bad... I forgot to put it here, sorry. :#
    Here it is: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8712974

@SilentWolf101 lol my bad, my bad... I forgot to put it here, sorry. :#
    Here it is: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8712974
    Awesome! Thanks! :3
  • OriginalMaraOriginalMara Posts: 1,669 Member
    > @hipster011 said:
    > I don't understand how people make such beautiful houses. I just place a square, some weird angles and the necessary furniture and consider it done. Looking at all these houses makes me realise I should pay more attention to what I build, haha.

Oh, me too! haha

I try to make mine look awesome, and I'm generally pretty happy with how they end up.

But looking at all the pics in this thread, I realize I have much much farther to go!