Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My sim cannot become friends with anyone.

Comments

• ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    naomeh wrote: »
    Raven said you can allow the relationship to decay naturally until it disappears from the relationship panel, so perhaps modding it down to a low level with modrelationships and then ignoring it is the simplest course of action. I didn't try it myself, unfortunately.~

Yeah, I preferred doing it that way simply because I didn't like messing with all those long ID code numbers; I found it easier to just use the modify relationship to get it close (hard to tell when it's exactly at zero with that bar) and then let it decay the rest if the way. The only drawback is that a few stubborn sims won't seem to leave my list no matter how long it decays, and I'm not sure if those relationships are truly gone or not and haven't tested if they can be made friends. The game has some sims in it that aren't even IN the manage worlds list; they may be workers at the police station, medical center, and science facility, and they seem to live by their own rules.

• MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    ravynwolvf wrote: »
    The game has some sims in it that aren't even IN the manage worlds list; they may be workers at the police station, medical center, and science facility, and they seem to live by their own rules.

They're called stealth Sims - also a bug, has been around since the start of GTW. This is the official bug report: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/NPCs-that-are-in-game-but-not-in-manage-households-stealth-sims/m-p/4546037

But back on topic I have also noticed, for quite some time now - well before the latest patch, that some of the Sims my Sims know never dissappear from their relationship panel. They are Sims they met once and never interacted with after, but those are still there - I think most of them are neighbours or co-workers, but I haven't checked. If it is just them, could the fact that they never dissappear from the relationship panel be tied to the extra 'info-box' that's displayed there? - so the 'neighbour' or 'co-worker' besides the usual acquaintance 'box' (or whatever you call it - I don't play the game in English, so I don't always know the exact terms).
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • engaredengared Posts: 8 New Member
    edited July 2015
    My game was working fine but after messing around on the world map, it seems that my characters cannot gain friendships anymore. Will not play till they fix it. :(
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    ravynwolvf wrote: »
    The game has some sims in it that aren't even IN the manage worlds list; they may be workers at the police station, medical center, and science facility, and they seem to live by their own rules.

They're called stealth Sims - also a bug, has been around since the start of GTW. This is the official bug report: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/NPCs-that-are-in-game-but-not-in-manage-households-stealth-sims/m-p/4546037

But back on topic I have also noticed, for quite some time now - well before the latest patch, that some of the Sims my Sims know never dissappear from their relationship panel. They are Sims they met once and never interacted with after, but those are still there - I think most of them are neighbours or co-workers, but I haven't checked. If it is just them, could the fact that they never dissappear from the relationship panel be tied to the extra 'info-box' that's displayed there? - so the 'neighbour' or 'co-worker' besides the usual acquaintance 'box' (or whatever you call it - I don't play the game in English, so I don't always know the exact terms).

Sorry I'm just now seeing this thread, gang... yes MC *will* let you use Forget Me to erase all types of relationships.

And with 1.0.9 (latest version) Deaderpool also added a bit to UNHIDE at least SOME of those hidden households. I just had one pop in... I've got some debug stuff added to my config because I wanted to know more about what's going on. That household showed up as hidden till my midnight alarms ran, and they "decloaked" it. May not work for all of them, depending on WHY they're hidden... and he gets rid of "empty" hidden households, too.

Glitchy game. LOL!
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    crinrict wrote: »
    I haven't really tried the mod myself yet but can't us delete relationships with the MC Command Center ? So you don't have to find out the Sim IDs ?

I've seen this said but don't see it in the mod notes. @egwarhammer ?

thats a brillent idea crin and egwarhammer for sure is the one to ask and she can confirm if its been updated.

Found it! He added Forget Me back in 1.0.5 with this:

Forget Active Sims allows to only forget romantic relationship, forget romantic and friendship relationships or forget all relationship connections including family ties.

It now is tied to the Relationship panel, so no command line stuff is necessary. As long as the sim you want to change relationship settings for is unplayed, you just click their picture, the MC button, Forget Me, and decide how far you want to take the "selective amnesia" from there.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    Is the no Culling also needed if you use the command center ? I haven't used either cause I haven't been playing much lately and I hold off on most mods cause of all the patching.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    I'm having this issue now, just since the last update I think. I read through this thread. I must say I'm to too keen on destroying my relationships to try to fix them, since the bars are all the way up. It took me forever to even get them there, they went up slowly.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • riannicholsriannichols Posts: 1 New Member
    I am having the same problem. I had one sim who had an impartial relationship (but high enough to be friends) I flirted with him a little and when the pink bar came up the relationship changed to "just good friends". Should be able to stay friends with no more flirting. I also noticed this problem occurred when I went to manage worlds. After I noticed the problem I reset my sim and I was able to make friends with new people I hadn't known before.

This is quite annoying, I hope they fix it soon!
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    I am having the same problem. I had one sim who had an impartial relationship (but high enough to be friends) I flirted with him a little and when the pink bar came up the relationship changed to "just good friends". Should be able to stay friends with no more flirting. I also noticed this problem occurred when I went to manage worlds. After I noticed the problem I reset my sim and I was able to make friends with new people I hadn't known before.

This is quite annoying, I hope they fix it soon!

interesting!!!! @riannichols are you saying a possible work around is to flirt for a bit?if so that maybe the easiest thing to do...i shall test as well.
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    I haven't really tried the mod myself yet but can't us delete relationships with the MC Command Center ? So you don't have to find out the Sim IDs ?

I've seen this said but don't see it in the mod notes. @egwarhammer ?

thats a brillent idea crin and egwarhammer for sure is the one to ask and she can confirm if its been updated.

Found it! He added Forget Me back in 1.0.5 with this:

Forget Active Sims allows to only forget romantic relationship, forget romantic and friendship relationships or forget all relationship connections including family ties.

It now is tied to the Relationship panel, so no command line stuff is necessary. As long as the sim you want to change relationship settings for is unplayed, you just click their picture, the MC button, Forget Me, and decide how far you want to take the "selective amnesia" from there.

this is really good stuff!
  • frumpypigskinfrumpypigskin Posts: 15 Member
    I'm having the same problem my sims can not even befriend their own family. :/
    I'm having the same problem my sims can not even befriend their own family. :/
    sorry :( have you reviewed and tried the suggestions in this thread yet.
  • cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Is the no Culling also needed if you use the command center ? I haven't used either cause I haven't been playing much lately and I hold off on most mods cause of all the patching.

@crinrict
    I think it depends on how you play and the settings. I use the no culling mod mostly as a safety net now. In a test game, My population varies from 130-140, but I haven't tested it with active careers yet. I use the population option to retain family ghosts, but to clean all the non family dead. So family tree stays intact. My household bin allows about 30. ( number of sims depends on those generated). They actually work well, together, the mods. I loaded up my legacy game which had a population of over 400 and once clean up the dead happend it went to around 130. But I would have needed the no cullimg mod, as otherwise on load up the family dead disappear.

Maybe that wasn't your question. I don't know of any functionality that would protect sims from culling, if the 180 limit was reached, and if you just used the mc command centre. But as above mc has good options for population control. I haven't played since the patch so I'll ask @egwarhammer to confirm new mc has not replaced the need for the no culling mod.
  • claireqpclaireqp Posts: 1 New Member
    > @naomeh said:
    >
    > To be exact, the issue is this.
    > If at any point inbetween Acquaintances - Friend, you leave the lot in any way - it will corrupt, permanently (without cheats) to an Impartial relationship. That means manage world, traveling, pretty much EVERYTHING with a loading screen will trigger it.
    >
    > After it is corrupted to Impartial, the only way to fix it is with the destroy relationship / simID cheat. After then, it will still corrupt if you do not befriend them manually or use the modifyrelationships cheat to cheat their friendship up to Friend before you travel / etc.
    >
    > The modifyrelationship cheat will not work unless you destroy the relationship completely once the character is classified as Impartial. There is no other way that I've found to fix an already messed up relationship outside of having it completely disappear from the relationship panel, and then befriending them quickly before reloading the lot.

Yes it's exactly like this. my sim had this "acquaintance" realationship with a couple sims. I switched to manage worlds to build a park, when i came back. I saw the list of other sims flashed and they all become "impartial".
    cherpar wrote: »

@crinrict
    I think it depends on how you play and the settings. I use the no culling mod mostly as a safety net now. In a test game, My population varies from 130-140, but I haven't tested it with active careers yet. I use the population option to retain family ghosts, but to clean all the non family dead. So family tree stays intact. My household bin allows about 30. ( number of sims depends on those generated). They actually work well, together, the mods. I loaded up my legacy game which had a population of over 400 and once clean up the dead happend it went to around 130. But I would have needed the no cullimg mod, as otherwise on load up the family dead disappear.

Maybe that wasn't your question. I don't know of any functionality that would protect sims from culling, if the 180 limit was reached, and if you just used the mc command centre. But as above mc has good options for population control. I haven't played since the patch so I'll ask @egwarhammer to confirm new mc has not replaced the need for the no culling mod.

I have the no culling mod for backup, but my current hood (yeah, another recent restart) has just at 100 sims right now, so I don't know how effective it is, these days.

I keep my MC homeless households setting around 20-25, so the game has room to make needed NPCs, but isn't so inclined as it is unmodded, to keep churning out breakneck-pace shiny new sims. It will make them (NEEDED sims, reaper etc) anyway, that "setting" is more like a "general idea" in this one case. But MC sure helps cut down on the flood!

Short answer, I need No Culling LESS with my current MC setup... but I still have it installed, just in case. AND, btw, MC is on version 1.0.9 now, if anybody using it needs to update. (And a new game part today... woot!) LOL

MC link in my sig. No culling, too. And this is NOT in my sig, but anybody interested in UI mods, check out Weerbesu at MTS, he's got a CAS mod that lets you have 3 or 4 (depending on graphics etc) columns in CAS... I put the 3-col jobbie in, and it's SWEET! He's also done a mod for draggable needs, I don't have that, but I'm sure it's very cool. (GFX/Flash stuff as opposed to Python script mods... for the techie types.)

There's stuff in this thread I missed, somebody tagged me for MC questions, so I'm late to this party. Let me unfog my sleepy brain (woke up not long ago), and I'll browse thru and see what else is going on. Relationship troubles? I'll look. Just gotta be more awake to do it!
  • BrittaSkyBrittaSky Posts: 34 New Member
    So is the gist just to not go to manage worlds after meeting a person, and that will prevent this bug from happening? It happened with me, and I am ticked off. That is super obnoxious
    BrittaSky wrote: »
    So is the gist just to not go to manage worlds after meeting a person, and that will prevent this bug from happening? It happened with me, and I am ticked off. That is super obnoxious

Possibly, although someone said that even travelling will cause it, though I haven't had the chance to test that.
    BTW, one way to avoid the problem for the most part is to earn the beloved trait, then buy the incredibly friendly trait. My sim just meets someone now and they instantly become friends and leap right over the cursed impartial phase.
  • MooseGooseMooseGoose Posts: 127 Member
    I was just directed to this thread by I post I made today. This is so frustrating, I totally agree with the person who said it makes it unplayable.
    But let's be real I'm not going to stop playing. I hope this is addressed really fast.
    Glad I saved my sims before I deleted them when I tried to fix this!
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    It sucks that we are probably going to have to live with this until the next patch which will probably be in August
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • sweettreatzsweettreatz Posts: 1 New Member
    im having this issue as well. i didnt use manage worlds. i got it just from travelling. i even tried flirting, and they instantly reject my flirts. no pink bar ever appears. i just bought the outdoor retreat, get to work and all of the stuff packs. this is ridiculous. then spa day i believe comes out tomorrow. i wont buy it until this is patched. its ridiculous...you cant play like this!!!
  • Onion BubsOnion Bubs Posts: 9 New Member
    > @ravynwolvf said:
    > Possibly, although someone said that even travelling will cause it, though I haven't had the chance to test that.

I think it might do since I'm getting the problem now. Thing is, my Sims were able to make friends earlier in the game but now they can't (although so far existing friendships haven't been lost).

I'll have to look at some of the suggestions for this issue later.
  • RomireRomire Posts: 2,414 Member
    Resetting the cache worked for me :)
    Romire - Australian Gamer
    image.jpg1_zpsnlvre2v5.jpg
  • RomireRomire Posts: 2,414 Member
    Disregard that, Wouldnt let me with my other sims, but with Nina Caliente huh?
    Romire - Australian Gamer
    image.jpg1_zpsnlvre2v5.jpg
  • femmeonamissionfemmeonamission Posts: 1 New Member
    Just chiming in to say that this is happening in my game as well. I'm very hopeful that they will fix it before the next scheduled patch. It's a major problem.