Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My sim cannot become friends with anyone.

Comments

• crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    But you need the IDs to destroy it so what I mean it once you have destroyed it, do you have to befriend them and get the relationship back up or could you just cheat it back up ?
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    crinrict wrote: »
    But you need the IDs to destroy it so what I mean it once you have destroyed it, do you have to befriend them and get the relationship back up or could you just cheat it back up ?

No, you can cheat it back up, at least I can. My experience is that going in to manage worlds corrupts a non-friendship relationship...don't know why it doesn't corrupt all of them, but you can raise a friend to good friend after going in to it, but not impartial to friend. For all I know though, if you were to let a friend fall below the friendship level, you may not be able to make it change back to friend. But any relationship that you start AFTER going in to manage worlds, be it from meeting someone new or destroying the relationship with the codes or letting it decay away naturally, you can turn into friend, with cheats or chatting. At least that's the way the glitch works in mine; something about going in to manage worlds corrupts the relationship, but if you get rid of it and restart it, it's fine again.
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    i just tested using this cheat: modifyrelationship yoursim targetsim amount (anywhere from 1-100) Friendship_Main

and i could not get the relationship to advance if stuck on impartial. and it appears to just be impartial i also tested another that had acquaintance status with my sim and when i used the cheat they become good friends. and its a shame this cheat doesnt allow you to reduce.
  • naomehnaomeh Posts: 367 Member

To be exact, the issue is this.
    If at any point inbetween Acquaintances - Friend, you leave the lot in any way - it will corrupt, permanently (without cheats) to an Impartial relationship. That means manage world, traveling, pretty much EVERYTHING with a loading screen will trigger it.

After it is corrupted to Impartial, the only way to fix it is with the destroy relationship / simID cheat. After then, it will still corrupt if you do not befriend them manually or use the modifyrelationships cheat to cheat their friendship up to Friend before you travel / etc.

The modifyrelationship cheat will not work unless you destroy the relationship completely once the character is classified as Impartial. There is no other way that I've found to fix an already messed up relationship outside of having it completely disappear from the relationship panel, and then befriending them quickly before reloading the lot.

ceejay402 wrote: »
    i just tested using this cheat: modifyrelationship yoursim targetsim amount (anywhere from 1-100) Friendship_Main

and i could not get the relationship to advance if stuck on impartial. and it appears to just be impartial i also tested another that had acquaintance status with my sim and when i used the cheat they become good friends. and its a shame this cheat doesnt allow you to reduce.

Yes, once it's corrupted it stays that way. It has to be either destroyed or decay to zero before it will work normally again.
    edited July 2015
    naomeh wrote: »
    After it is corrupted to Impartial, the only way to fix it is with the destroy relationship / simID cheat. After then, it will still corrupt if you do not befriend them manually or use the modifyrelationships cheat to cheat their friendship up to Friend before you travel / etc.

That part of your answer was actually my question but it seems I didn't do a very good job at phrasing it :)

Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• taraincognitataraincognita Posts: 109 Member
    Just wanted to chime in that I'm having the same problem. Hopefully the powers-that-be will do something soon because, as already mentioned by others, the game is unplayable with this bug.
    naomeh wrote: »

To be exact, the issue is this.
    If at any point inbetween Acquaintances - Friend, you leave the lot in any way - it will corrupt, permanently (without cheats) to an Impartial relationship. That means manage world, traveling, pretty much EVERYTHING with a loading screen will trigger it.

The modifyrelationship cheat will not work unless you destroy the relationship completely once the character is classified as Impartial. There is no other way that I've found to fix an already messed up relationship outside of having it completely disappear from the relationship panel, and then befriending them quickly before reloading the lot.

I personally haven't noticed any impartial relationships becoming corrupted by travelling, but perhaps I've been so focused on getting the friend of the world aspiration that I made a point of becoming friends each time I met someone. May have to try with a couple I met recently off lot that I didn't try for friendship with.
    ravynwolvf wrote: »
    I personally haven't noticed any impartial relationships becoming corrupted by travelling, but perhaps I've been so focused on getting the friend of the world aspiration that I made a point of becoming friends each time I met someone. May have to try with a couple I met recently off lot that I didn't try for friendship with.

That's why it didn't corrupt. Once it's a "friend" relationship, it's safe.
    I meant that it'll still corrupt after destroy relationships/re-meeting them if you don't befriend them all of the way out of Acquaintances before traveling and everything, so it's pointless unless you're going to immediately befriend them. Just meant it to clarify that destroy relationships didn't make them permanently immune to the bug. Sorry, it's around 100 degrees here. Little loopy :P.
    I'll do more testing with traveling as well.
  • FCazaresFCazares Posts: 20 Member
    > @ceejay402 said:
    > crinrict wrote: »
    >
    > But you need the IDs to destroy it so what I mean it once you have destroyed it, do you have to befriend them and get the relationship back up or could you just cheat it back up ?
    >
    >
    >
    > i just tested using this cheat: modifyrelationship yoursim targetsim amount (anywhere from 1-100) Friendship_Main
    >
    > and i could not get the relationship to advance if stuck on impartial. and it appears to just be impartial i also tested another that had acquaintance status with my sim and when i used the cheat they become good friends. and its a shame this cheat doesnt allow you to reduce.

That cheat should allow you to reduce if you put a - before the number you're entering. For instance if you're wanting to reduce a friendship by 50 points you enter; modifyrelationship yoursim targetsim amount -50 friendship_main. It's something I;ve resorted to doing to try and workaround this bug myself. If I intend to have my sim befriend someone I just spam friendly or funny chats until they become friends or it will stick at impartial if I leave. This really bites when trying to befriend co-workers in careers. My detective Sim is having a heck of a time trying to get all the objectives done and befriending someone in the same shift. I really don't like having to cheat my way around bugs. They definitely should fix this one pronto.
  • XaneritheXanerithe Posts: 275 Member
    Yeah the save I've been working on seems to be ruined, he cannot gain friendships etc, so I will keep checking to see if it's been fixed then start playing again.
    Since people are working around it, I'll repost how to get around the bug, but not fix it.
    What we need to accomplish: Relationship disappears from panel to reset the relationship so that we can work it up to friends / reset it from Impartial.

What will not work: merely using modifyrelationships. The Relationship has to completely disappear from the panel and you have to meet them again to reset it completely from impartial.

Raven said you can allow the relationship to decay naturally until it disappears from the relationship panel, so perhaps modding it down to a low level with modrelationships and then ignoring it is the simplest course of action. I didn't try it myself, unfortunately.

I used cheats. After Ctrl + Shift + C, you will have the cheat bar up. Enter these in this order.
    Be aware, this will delete the family tree relationship of characters if you do it for family. You can fix this easily with the modify in cas cheat if they're in your household. (cas.fulleditmode cheat then shift + click on sim)
    Note: You will need their first and last names if you plan to use modifyrelationship after to re-add as a friend, so remember those before you delete them from the panel.
    • testingcheats on
    • Sims.get_sim_id_by_name yoursimsfirstname yoursimslastname
    • Sims.get_sim_id_by_name 2ndsimsfirstname 2ndsimslastname
    • relationship.destroy yoursimIDnumbers 2ndsimIDnumbers
      The relationship will now be gone.
      Now, if you want to add them back to your list as a friend automatically, you can use the modifyrelationship cheat to add 50 to Friendship_Main, and it'll add them back to your Relationship Panel as a friend.
    • modifyrelationship John Doe Jane Doe 50 Friendship_Main (Replace John / Jane Doe with their names, obviously hehe)
    Make sure you always befriend someone before leaving the lot to avoid the relationship turning into Impartial for future relationships.
    I think I'll just cleanse my list of all relationships. Who needs to know a ton of acquaintances, anyways? Friendship is where it's at.~
    edited July 2015
    ok ive done more testing i reloaded a copy of older saves and found if i went straight into a older save game their status do remain as acquaintances like @NaomiKF has reported. the first time i tested i was pretty sure i hadnt traveled anywhere but something i havent tested yet but now that i think of it i may have gone into CAS via dresser prehaps it only takes changing screens.

i can test scenario later im little fried right now :D

one thing i can add to the discussion is if the relationship is in the red before this patch its the same as being friends, even just slightly red. meaning you wont get stuck on impartial if you dont travel to another lot when you start building up the relationship. and like friends status red level doesnt get glitched when you travel lots or go into managed world. the key of course here is that the relationship had to be in the red before the patch or you just met and the bar is red before you leave the lot or go to managed world. and so if you move the bar past red and dont become firends you have the impartial problem.

now the one outlier for me in this situation was johnny zest in OS. i never noticed this before but he seems to be set to be by default red to his neighbors. in one game my sim a neighbor of zest talked to him in a group at the gym the conversation was long enough to remove the little bit of red and add just hint of green and when my sim traveled to another lot johnny zest remained an acquaintance

thanks @FCazares but i tried your suggestion and the relationship bar was not effected.
  • pAnDabEar321pAnDabEar321 Posts: 151 Member
    edited July 2015
    I had this problem before and the two Sims wouldn't become friends because it was stuck at "Impartial". However, my Sim was chatting up the bartender and they were acquaintances, and the green friendship bar filled half way and they still weren't friends. I thought this only happened if the two Sims had an "Impartial" relationship, but I guess not. Something else that was interesting was that for the first time in about two months, my Sim got the "Soulmate" status with his girlfriend when I hovered over the pink bar. I've played many Sims and had them in serious relationships who have gotten the "Soulmate" status, but it always showed up as "Lovebirds" when I hovered over the pink bar. I haven't even touched "Manage Worlds" because people said they've been have issues with it and the "impartial" problem. All my relationships are buggy, and I hope it gets fixed soon.

Just checked my game, and the bartender falls under the Friends category in my relationship tab, yet the tab at the top says we're still acquaintances. Weird...
    12N7HsEBduWvsc.gif
  • naughtygwennynaughtygwenny Posts: 171 Member
    I have this problem now too. I'm doing a Legacy Challenge and my male child has the Social Butterfly Aspiration and he was making friends fine until he was at the last part where you have to make friends with 3 child sims and 2 adult sims. Now he can't complete the aspiration because the new kids I'm trying to befriend are stuck at impartial and he ages up in one day. I know I can cheat the Aspiration but then I would be breaking the rules of the challenge. I hope this gets fixed soon.
    I have this problem now too. I'm doing a Legacy Challenge and my male child has the Social Butterfly Aspiration and he was making friends fine until he was at the last part where you have to make friends with 3 child sims and 2 adult sims. Now he can't complete the aspiration because the new kids I'm trying to befriend are stuck at impartial and he ages up in one day. I know I can cheat the Aspiration but then I would be breaking the rules of the challenge. I hope this gets fixed soon.

hey @naughtygwenny you can destroy the relationship with a cheat and start again just dont load another screen before you reach friend status see how to destroy below:
    so, i played around with some of the cheats. If you do the sims.get_sim_id_by_name First Last and get the ID numbers for your sim and the target sim whose friendship is not being recognized. Record those ID numbers (I put them in a word doc so I can copy and paste). Then type in relationship.destroy and enter both of the sims unique ID numbers. Then re-introduce yourself to said Sim, and make sure to socialize until they become friends.

I haven't really tried the mod myself yet but can't us delete relationships with the MC Command Center ? So you don't have to find out the Sim IDs ?
    AHQ Tutorial

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I haven't really tried the mod myself yet but can't us delete relationships with the MC Command Center ? So you don't have to find out the Sim IDs ?

I've seen this said but don't see it in the mod notes. @egwarhammer ?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    Just asking because someone said for the incest bug you can use the command center.
    AHQ Tutorial

• cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Yes there is a forget me function in MC command centre. That would forget the sims . Only works for non active sims though. @crinrict @luthienrising
    Well, that would help a lot though, even if it's just non active.
    AHQ Tutorial

I've seen this said but don't see it in the mod notes. @egwarhammer ?

thats a brillent idea crin and egwarhammer for sure is the one to ask and she can confirm if its been updated.
  • BayonaMayBayonaMay Posts: 1 New Member
    I had the same bug where my sim child could not make friends. It started to let him become friends with other sim kids when i traveled with him alone to oasis springs to the park and he started to talk to children he did not know. He could then become friends with those children. He however, cannot make friends with those he had interacted with and were past the "friendship" percentage and who said they were still "impartial" due to the bug.
    It's been updated. I've checked on that.
    AHQ Tutorial