Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

UNDER RENOVATION Challenge 35

Comments

• Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    Pebblycat wrote: »
    This plane idea is awesome :)

Is the plane supposed to have rear wheels? just checking if they disappeared like the stairs.

Nope! Remember the previous owner already started to strip the plane for scrap metal before Divan bought it lol :) ..but you may add some if you want.
    I am.. confused, are we going "mod" modern (I.e. 70's) or modern like.. current day? o.O sorry probably a stupid question

@PersRealmsShadow The brief said: Modern with your own personality showing on it : meaning any type of modern will do <3

Take @mommataures2 entry as an example, it clearly shows her humoristic personality shining through, yet it is still modern lol :)
    @Zakeira Now that is one sexy dude! :)
    edited July 2015
    3jfcBU3.jpg

A message received from @BryonyRae that is super helpful Thanks Bry!

BryonyRae → Zita1966z
    Zita, your plane challenge looks super fun! When it comes to re-mooing the wheels and engine, I know you wanted it as an exercise for the contestants, but I just thought if you didn't already know, that you and/or your participants might want to have a look at my basement spaces tutorial. It's posted on rosemow's Building Tips & Tutorials thread. Using basements spaces to elevate objects makes it so they do not drop, even if they are outside and not over foundation/rooms. It provides other new functionality too. :)
  • SorceressSorceress Posts: 940 Member
    edited July 2015
    Zita1966z wrote: »
    kamb1403 wrote: »
    After seeing everyone else's renovations, I can see how poor mine is and how out of my depth I am. I think from now on I will be an observer rather than a participant.

Hi @kamb1403 Please reconsider. We are so amazed how you have grown over the 5 challenges. The whole purpose of this thread is to grow within yourself and your creativity and you have a lot of it. Its not about winning at first..(even though it is a natural aim to want to win) Look at me, I have been entering week after week in the @buildnshare challenges and have not won once! lol In the beginning I was discouraged but soon realized that I have to challenge my own creativity and that we are all winners just by taking that step and by participating. And your Charleze Theron has already been selected to feature in the 2 slideshows. Congrats on that! You have talent my girl, continue what you are doing and learn from others where you feel you need to improve. If there is anything I can assist you with, please pm me and we'll take it from there. I am excited to see when you have reached your full potential. Looking forward to your pm. <3

@kamb1403

I know I still have a long way to go and am not at the top of my game and am still learning a lot on my own since I have never really had much help along the way it has all been pick it up as I go but I want to offer you my help too if you ever want it! I have been helping out @Cbear13 lately and I can see huge improvement in her builds and she has even taught me a few things I didn't think of too! So I am always here if you want help too! I know @Zita1966z is more experienced and would probably be a lot more help than me but I just wanted to offer my help anyway! That is if you ever want to take me up on it :) Cya round! Just PM here or the Aussie forums if you ever do want some help :)
    Sorceress%20sig.png
    Thanks to Cbear13 for the signature and showcase images!
    Origin Id: Sorceress2696
    Sims 4 Gallery Here!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    Boeing Crashed in France is a very nice home for Divan! :) It looks great that you have a pool under the plane! Very nice terrain painting of the edges around the pool. The archway over the plane is very nice! The birds decor looks nice on the exterior of the archway and the texture is very nice! The water fountain features on the top of the archway looks very nice! It looks very nice at nighttime with the water features and the pool lights on the wheels! It looks very nice how you have done the corners of the lot using the hedging and placing the rose plant in the middle of the corner! The water fountain is a nice touch in the front of the build. Very nice living and dining room areas! The brown colour scheme looks very nice. The fireplace area is very nice! It looks nice how you have used it to separate off the kitchen from the dining area. The wall lights and the bookcases look very nice how you have placed them either sides of the fireplace. The stone texture of the fireplace wall looks nice. The plane is a nice touch on the fireplace ledge! The clock is a nice home touch there too. The floor rug complements with the brown walls. Very nice sofa and armchairs sitting area for sims to enjoy sitting and resting there, having a chat. It looks nice how you have placed the log themed pictures in the corner nook areas beside the doors. The wall section behind the seating looks very nice! The books and candles look nice how you have placed them on the ledge, and the cabinets and grey pictures look great on the wall!
    The build looks great! :)
  • PersRealmsShadowPersRealmsShadow Posts: 360 Member
    edited July 2015
    Under Renovation: Challenge 6
    Origin ID: PersRealmsShadow
    Forum ID: PersRealmsShadow
    Link to gallery: Airbus Alaska
    Street name of build: Airbus Alaska
    Cheats used: Move Objects, CareerRewards, Hidden Objects
    Total cost of renovation after upload: 159,737
    Would you like to receive any critique? Yes Please, although trust me.. I know it's backwards on the lot >.> I had spent 45 minutes getting the wheels and engines up, I wasn't redoing them. (I tremor in my hands LOL MOO is not my friend.) Edited to say "I put the hashtag in, I had to go back and redo the gallery to do it, and it doesn't show it so I dunno. I don't understand the bloody things."

HCEN75tl.jpg
    G0ciR2Fl.jpg
    iqjsBq7l.jpg
    uqNQNIKl.jpg
    aDBsHV5l.jpg

and the pool by the "hidden" stairs leading to an underground hot tub :)
    PmsdQL4l.jpg
    Post edited by PersRealmsShadow on
    EkwtdjR.jpg
    Airbus Alaska is a very nice home for Divan! @PersRealmsShadow :) The pool and outdoors dining area is very nice! It looks nice how you have used the hedging for the edges of the pool area. Sims will enjoy cooking meals on the BBQ and eating the food at the umbrella covered table. They will have fun swimming in the pool. The pool gnome is cute! It is great that you have an underground hot tub area! Child Sims will have fun playing on the monkey bars. The row of floor lights along the edge of the pool patio hedging looks nice. The smaller plane looks great on the tarmac! The water fountains look nice on the ledges in the back wall. Very nice layout of the interior of the home! The black and white colour scheme of the living, dining and kitchen looks nice. The island sink and bar stool counter is great. Very nice study alcove! The curved counter there looks nice. Divan will enjoy sitting on the stools there using the computer or reading a book. The blue and the black colour schemes of the bedrooms looks nice. Very nice living room area! It looks nice how you have angled and placed the black armchairs each side of the red sofa. Sims will enjoy sitting there watching TV. The bookcases look nice how you have placed them either sides of the TV. The red and white patterned floor looks nice on the black flooring. It looks very nice how you have used the spandrels to separate off the living room area!
    It is a great home! :)
    @rosemow your words of encouragement are always so nice. I love reading them even when they're not for me! Sometimes they make me go back and look again at the pictures, OH! I didn't notice that! So thank you for always being so wonderful about noticing everything :)
    EkwtdjR.jpg
  • rialreesrialrees Posts: 37 Member
    edited July 2015
    Having a great deal of fun building with this lot so far - I can't post pictures yet as I'm not a full member for another 12 hours or so... But it's going fab - despite the fact that I'm almost out of cash and I'm sure there will be MIND BLOWING lots entered by others.. Anyhow I just wanted to say thank you for the chance to stretch my creative limbs a bit - it's been an education!

Edit: Loving both entries so far!

I love the hat tip to the.. Arc de Triumph I think? In Crashed in France - the front of the plane looks fab too! Would never have the patience to do it lol. I like how it's JUST poking through the archway. Very cool.

Airbus Alaska: I love how clean your layout is, @PersRealmsShadow - Mine is looking like a higgledypiggledy mess at the moment lol! Also really like the layout of the office/reading nook - love using counters as desks!
  • bokylie1bokylie1 Posts: 804 Member
    Thank you both @Sorceress and @Zita1966z for offering your help.

I think the reason I am feeling the way I am about the Charlize build is due to my real life work pressures and not having more time to spend on that build as others would have.
    Forum and Origin ID: bokylie1

• RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Oooh! This looks like very fun! :smiley: I'm in if possible! ;)
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • tounette56tounette56 Posts: 39 Member
    @Zita1966z and @Issabella14 - are we allowed to remove the entire tall building on the lot and replace it with something else (obviously keeping the plane)?
    mum%20final_zpsuog1fjp8.png
    Visit my gallery at tounette56 to see my renovations and builds
    Check out my most recent builds Windenburg Forest and Rocket Ship
    rialrees wrote: »

Airbus Alaska: I love how clean your layout is, @PersRealmsShadow - Mine is looking like a higgledypiggledy mess at the moment lol! Also really like the layout of the office/reading nook - love using counters as desks!

LOL! that is the -10th- layout before I was happy, mine was a higgledypiggledy mess too, then I got irriated and put the potty RIGHT in the middle of the plane and went oh.. that could work -plopplop- XD My normal stuff is very.. not modern. >.> so this plane was a stretch for me.
    EkwtdjR.jpg
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    As for my build progress, majority of the work so far is focused on the outside; I haven't even started on interiors yet. xD Hopefully I'll be able to achieve the look I want.
  • XinqunXinqun Posts: 612 Member
    @pronterus I'm the reverse: I've been focusing on the interiors; haven't touched the exteriors except to sell off stuff.
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Xinqun wrote: »
    @pronterus I'm the reverse: I've been focusing on the interiors; haven't touched the exteriors except to sell off stuff.

Cool :) My workflow is usually exterior>interior>landscaping>finishing touches . I'm also working on how to make the build pop out at night.
    Xinqun wrote: »

I hope that your work on the exteriors goes great @Xinqun. :) Enjoy working on the build!
  • mommataurus2mommataurus2 Posts: 1,845 Member
    @rosemow Thank you for the wonderful review. So nice of you to take the time. As for the lighting at night, I admit that is one thing I really struggle with....especially with the fountains?! I see other people pull it off so well and mine always just looks like a water fountain at night haha. Oh well. It was a fun build.
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

• mommataurus2mommataurus2 Posts: 1,845 Member
    rialrees wrote: »
    Having a great deal of fun building with this lot so far - I can't post pictures yet as I'm not a full member for another 12 hours or so... But it's going fab - despite the fact that I'm almost out of cash and I'm sure there will be MIND BLOWING lots entered by others.. Anyhow I just wanted to say thank you for the chance to stretch my creative limbs a bit - it's been an education!

Edit: Loving both entries so far!

I love the hat tip to the.. Arc de Triumph I think? In Crashed in France - the front of the plane looks fab too! Would never have the patience to do it lol. I like how it's JUST poking through the archway. Very cool.

Yes that is my attempt at the Arc De Triomphe haha.
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!