Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My sim cannot become friends with anyone.

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Xanerithe wrote: »
    Sorry for disappearing I had, work, but yeah I am still having this issue, tried doing 2 new saves, I reset my folder, etc nothing.

Hello.
    Ceejay and ravynwolvf have been testing to try to work out the cause and a workaround it. Perhaps try doing what they suggested in their posts in this thread.
  • SmoochSmooch Posts: 387 Member
    Just chiming in that I am an affected simmer by this bug/glitch. Please see this thread for my experience with the "Incompatible" friendship problem: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13839315/#Comment_13839315.

I have tried repairing the game, clearing cache, removing Mods (always with new patch!) all the usual fixing techniques. My child sim cannot befriend this one child sim but is very quickly befriending most everyone else she meets. I might add the "Incompatible" child does not show up in the relationship panel at all even though the friendship bar is full, is not listed as part of the town/households and only sporadically can be reached by phone.

By chance she walks by my Sim's home or can be found in the park where I direct my sim to continue trying to boost the friendship. They quite enjoy each other. Pity.
    CxevBFV.gif
  • XaneritheXanerithe Posts: 275 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Xanerithe wrote: »
    Sorry for disappearing I had, work, but yeah I am still having this issue, tried doing 2 new saves, I reset my folder, etc nothing.

Hello.
    Ceejay and ravynwolvf have been testing to try to work out the cause and a workaround it. Perhaps try doing what they suggested in their posts in this thread.

Yep, thanks :) I read the previous posts and tried all of it, I even completely removed the game and reinstalled it and still having the same issues.
  • NaomiKFNaomiKF Posts: 86 New Member
    I posted a topic on this without realizing that this was already a topic. It's good to know that it's getting reported to try to get fixed. I hope they fix the issue really soon.
  • jbadger12jbadger12 Posts: 321 Member
    Something interesting of note. I have the same issue with my game, and while investigating the problem, I noticed that "Impartial" Sims whose relationships are past the friendship threshold show up as Friends when I filter relationships. The affected sim is an actual friend to her great grandfather, and friend level relationship impartial with three other sims.
    fm1Ouiv.jpg
    Gallery ID: jjbadgett12
  • Southernbelle1283Southernbelle1283 Posts: 398 Member
    I too started experiencing this post-patch. I removed all mods/cc and repaired game, no dice. I hope a solution is found quickly.
    Signature-Light-2.jpg

Origin ID: simmerdownsouth
    Twitter: @simmerdownsouth
    My Sims 4 Blog/Stories: http://www.simmerdownsouth.com/
    YouTube Channel: SimmerDownSouth
  • UnexpectedGuestUnexpectedGuest Posts: 3 New Member
    It's actually unplayable like this.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    So does removing the relationship not work or is it just to tedious because it comes back after going to manage world ?
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• SandorCleganeSandorClegane Posts: 9 New Member
    Another one here having this problem... hopefully a solution will be found quickly.
  • naomehnaomeh Posts: 367 Member
    I have this issue, too. I suppose it's with the new patch. Came on to see if there was a solution.

Things to add:

Only one of my sims appears to be affected by the bug, and the sim does not count as a friend to anyone else either. I got the "befriend mother" whim on her daughter, and even when her bar was well beyond friend - she didn't complete the whim. However, when filtered to friends, the mother does show up.

Not sure what's going on.
    @crinrict it's tedious and sometimes not an option. I play a lot of challenges and my wonder child has a full relationship bar with another child and can't make her a BFF. I won't be able to complete the social butterfly aspiration with this bug.
    Signature-Light-2.jpg

edited July 2015
    Edited out because I can't recommend this cheat method. Doesn't fix the impartial bug, only works around it.

None of my sims can make friends. It's not just the mother. I thought it was. :/

It appears that I can make friends if I make them within the same time frame that I meet them. If I close the game and load the save before I befriend them fully, their relationship will be impartial. It also happens if I go to Manage Worlds. I removed mods folder, cleared cache, everything that I could think of. Nothing is working.
    Post edited by naomeh on
    @crinrict it's tedious and sometimes not an option. I play a lot of challenges and my wonder child has a full relationship bar with another child and can't make her a BFF. I won't be able to complete the social butterfly aspiration with this bug.

And it's not an option cause your not allowed to cheat in the challenge or cause it doesn't work ?
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• refguyrefguy Posts: 1 New Member
    Sorry if this double posts...
    What I've found is the following.
    It will happen in a completely new environment after removing the sims 4 from my documents.
    It only seems to affect the relationship between acquaintance and friend.
    It happens any time you meet a new sim and leave the current lot in any way before befriending them.
    And it definitely ONLY started happening after the most recent patch.
    The game is nearly unplayable as a result.
  • SandorCleganeSandorClegane Posts: 9 New Member
    > @refguy said:
    > Sorry if this double posts...
    > What I've found is the following.
    > It will happen in a completely new environment after removing the sims 4 from my documents.
    > It only seems to affect the relationship between acquaintance and friend.
    > It happens any time you meet a new sim and leave the current lot in any way before befriending them.
    > And it definitely ONLY started happening after the most recent patch.
    > The game is nearly unplayable as a result.

Can confirm this.

Deleted my Sims 4 folder, repaired the game etcetera... Then started a new game, everyhting was going fine until I decided to visit another residence. Then tried to befriend someone but it stayed at impartial even though when I filtered it showed in my friends list. Whims like make a friends also can't be fulfilled due to this.
    I really hope they fix this soon. This is actually the first time I updated my game without waiting a few weeks for reports of bugs. I feel kind of silly now.

The game is definitely unplayable for me at the moment. I don't want to corrupt the save any further or lose my family, since it seems like this bug sticks once it happens and just continues to overwrite acquaintance relationships. I'm not going to destroy relationship for every single sim my sim ever meets.

As a side note, I also had a "this lot has an item that is no longer in your game" or whatever message for no reason as I still have all of the same mods and files. It was after switching to a retail store, and then returning back to the house which makes zero sense because if it were a file I'd removed, it would have shown that message when I first loaded the lot/house. Very worried about what's going on in my save file.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    edited July 2015
    jbadger12 wrote: »
    Something interesting of note. I have the same issue with my game, and while investigating the problem, I noticed that "Impartial" Sims whose relationships are past the friendship threshold show up as Friends when I filter relationships. The affected sim is an actual friend to her great grandfather, and friend level relationship impartial with three other sims.

So ... could it be that the label isn't changing in the relationship bar etc. but it's actually being set right behind the scenes? @crinrict, do we have a way of looking at that?

(Also, just catching up on this and really not happy about the bug - I'm working on setting up a new Sim to play with, and she won't know anybody to start, and I'm a Manage Worlds addict :( )
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    I have this issue as well, at least one of my Sims can't become friends with Sims he already knows. If it really is affected by loading screens then it wil be very annoying because my household just opened a shop - lots of travelling. Haven't really looked in to how/when it happens, but should I figure out anything that hasn't been mentioned yet, I'll let you know.

Anyway, in the loading screen thing I do see a parallel with the mail/geo council bug where you can't get mail if you see a loading screen before the mail arrives. From what I've read with this bug you aren't able to make friends if a loading screen comes in between.
    Maybe fixing the one issue will also (partially) solve the other?

Just a question, has anyone filed an official bug report yet? (I want to click that 'me too' button ;))
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    I played for quite some time with the same sim I had been having problems with. As I said, I let all the relationships I had that were under the friendship level decay until they disappeared. Then I restrained myself from going into manage worlds even once (not easy; I mess around in there constantly). Haven't had even one instance of not being able to make a sim I met into a friend since, and he's trying for the friend of the world aspiration, so there have been quite a few. It definitely seems with my young adult, alone in his household sim that manage worlds is what messes up already established, non-friend yet relationships.
  • Alyssia29Alyssia29 Posts: 128 Member
    yeah it's happening to me too i hope they fix this soon !!
  • DarkWalkerDarkWalker Posts: 64 Member
    > So ... could it be that the label isn't changing in the relationship bar etc. but it's actually being set right behind the scenes? crinrict, do we have a way of looking at that?

If my little experience with python and debugging holds, the devs introduced some bug when they refactored how relationship decay works, a bug that in some cases is preventing the relationship bits (actual name used in the tunings) from being correctly loaded (which includes not only loading a game, but also travel). I also think this is related to at least part of the issues with players that can't load their households; my game, at least, throws an out of bounds exception that seems to happen when the relationship bits are loaded.

But, if I'm indeed right, I would guess the devs are already aware of this. They have more experience with the code and better tools.
    edited July 2015
    DarkWalker wrote: »
    > So ... could it be that the label isn't changing in the relationship bar etc. but it's actually being set right behind the scenes? crinrict, do we have a way of looking at that?

If my little experience with python and debugging holds, the devs introduced some bug when they refactored how relationship decay works, a bug that in some cases is preventing the relationship bits (actual name used in the tunings) from being correctly loaded (which includes not only loading a game, but also travel). I also think this is related to at least part of the issues with players that can't load their households; my game, at least, throws an out of bounds exception that seems to happen when the relationship bits are loaded.

But, if I'm indeed right, I would guess the devs are already aware of this. They have more experience with the code and better tools.

It may filter as a friend, but that may only be looking at the number rating for the relationship. Because there is no announcement that you and the sim have become friends, and it doesn't count towards the friend of the world aspiration.
    so, i played around with some of the cheats. If you do the sims.get_sim_id_by_name First Last and get the ID numbers for your sim and the target sim whose friendship is not being recognized. Record those ID numbers (I put them in a word doc so I can copy and paste). Then type in relationship.destroy and enter both of the sims unique ID numbers. Then re-introduce yourself to said Sim, and make sure to socialize until they become friends.
    Signature-Light-2.jpg

Can't you just cheat the friendship back up ? Does that not work ?
    AHQ Tutorial

crinrict wrote: »
    Can't you just cheat the friendship back up ? Does that not work ?

Once it's destroyed, it does, yes. Still only helpful in certain instances; the first game I had it happen my sim had met 52 sims, none of which were friends yet, all suddenly unfriendable. Thats a lot of ID codes.