Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Summer BBQ Party (Lottery) Winners Announced!

Comments

• Options
    EvaKoukEvaKouk Posts: 340 Member
    Thanks for the nomination @anettesb and thank you guys for hosting. This is a very creative contest idea! Now since i was gonna take part anyway im gonna take part and nominate someone else too, hope i read the rules well and thats okay.

Entry Form

1. Nominee's Username: Im nominating @WaterHornet

2. Link to Nominee's Wishlist: store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=WaterHornet

3. Favourite Summer BBQ Party Food/Treat: Here in my country we usually have souvlaki at barbeques. It's pieces of pork meat on a stick and i always eat them with a side of baked potatoes so yeah thats my favourite BBQ party food.

4. Picture of Sim(s) doing something BBQ party related:

Here's my Simself named Lia making hot dogs on the grill for the rest of the family at the terrace and enjoying the beautiful Riverview scenery
    Screenshot-1720_zpse8tboczw.jpg

Really excited to see everyone's pictures in this contest!

Have a great day <3
    Hey! Don't be a stranger!

My Page - My Studio - My Massive Thank You Thread

All the love as always! x
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    your welcome @EvaKouk
    maybe we started a payitforward reaction... that be cool
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    friday027friday027 Posts: 610 Member
    @jbsquared2000 @Letchy15 @anettesb and @EvaKou

Welcome to the Party! Everyone has posted some really great stuff! :smiley:
  • Options
    JaceighJaceigh Posts: 808 Member
    I think all the entries are up to date. Looking great! :)
    Happy Simming & Green Downloads! :kissing_heart:
  • Options
    ladydarkmoon24ladydarkmoon24 Posts: 1,252 Member
    1. Your @ Username: ladydarkmoon24
    2. Link to Your Wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=ladydarkmoon24
    3. Tell us what your favorite Summer BBQ Party Food/Treat is? Ice Cream
    4. Post a picture of your Sim(s) doing something Summer BBQ Party related: my sim is out gathering the needed items for a BBQ that she is going to host that day.

screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    VioletHorseVioletHorse Posts: 1,288 Member
    friday027 wrote: »
    This looks like fun. You can count me in. Now to the sim beach world. -Puts on sunglasses- B)

@VioletHorse - Great! Who doesn't love a beach in summer! I've already got my sunglasses on and can't wait to see where you take us all for some summer fun! :smiley:
    I might not be able to go to the sim beach. I think I have some photos I have never used in a contest. I am hoping to go to the sim beach before deadline. Catch you later. -passess sunscreen- We need this for summer or we will get toasted :wink:

• Options
    ladydarkmoon24ladydarkmoon24 Posts: 1,252 Member
    I'm definitely in! When I get home from work, I'm off to snag a picture to insert here. Thanks, you guys, for hosting! Great idea! :smiley:

Okay @jbsquared2000 - share with us! We all know you can come up with some pretty funny stuff on Cogitotor's Caption Contest... so can't wait to see what you bring to the party! :smiley:

Arrrrgh! I got into my game last night, only to find that the build I had been working on had not saved at the most recent save and my progress was pretty much back to the beginning. Using the "Saver" mod, I've never had that happen before. So, I spent the evening trying to rebuild. :cry: Sorry I didn't get my entry posted. I'll try again tonight. :smiley: I hope everyone has a good "Day-Before-Friday" day!

I have had that happen as well more then once. It is not always fun when that takes place. Just take a deep breath and you will get it done and it will look great. :)
  • Options
    This looks like fun. You can count me in. Now to the sim beach world. -Puts on sunglasses- B)

@VioletHorse - Great! Who doesn't love a beach in summer! I've already got my sunglasses on and can't wait to see where you take us all for some summer fun! :smiley:
    I might not be able to go to the sim beach. I think I have some photos I have never used in a contest. I am hoping to go to the sim beach before deadline. Catch you later. -passess sunscreen- We need this for summer or we will get toasted :wink:

Hi VioletHorse! You don't have to include a beach! It can be any place at all! You mentioned a beach, so was offering support for that idea. But, really, any where you like would be fantastic! :)
  • Options
    @ladydarkmoon24

Welcome to the Party! :) Thanks for your entry! :) I like it! :)
  • Options
    RaeNicRaeNic Posts: 767 Member
    Aaahh, this is awesome! So exciting. And I love summer and BBQs. :) And everyone's entries so far are great! I'll fill out the entry form a little later when I have more time and the ability to go in game for the picture. It may be a few days. I'm thinking I'm going to nominate someone because I know she doesn't own all the worlds. And doesn't enter any of these herself. It'd be a fun little surprise. And I like surprising her. Also, I think I can sponsor a 500 point prize, if that would be alright? Good luck everyone! I'll return in a few days. XD
  • Options
    RaeNic wrote: »
    Aaahh, this is awesome! So exciting. And I love summer and BBQs. :) And everyone's entries so far are great! I'll fill out the entry form a little later when I have more time and the ability to go in game for the picture. It may be a few days. I'm thinking I'm going to nominate someone because I know she doesn't own all the worlds. And doesn't enter any of these herself. It'd be a fun little surprise. And I like surprising her. Also, I think I can sponsor a 500 point prize, if that would be alright? Good luck everyone! I'll return in a few days. XD

That sounds lovely, I'm sure your friend will be pleasantly surprised. :) And yes, absolutely you can sponsor a prize, I will update the post. Thank you! :)
  • Options
    @RaeNic ! Welcome! :smiley: I'm so glad you'll be joining us! :smiley:
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    Oooh, fun! Bookmarked for posting later. @jbsquared2000 So sorry for the loss of your build. That's so so annoying. :(
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    1. @ZeeGee
    2. See signature
    3. Chocolate-covered Strawberry shake is my favorite treat, and it's healthy! (frozen strawberries, half a ripe avocado, strawberry stevia, raw cacoa powder, dash of salt, everything organic, blend well with little water for ice cream, lotsa water for a shake. Avocado sounds gross but makes it creamy and you really can't taste it at all.
    4. Pool party at the Lockwood home! A good time was had by all.

Screenshot-16_zpsfukbhztg.jpg
  • Options
    jbsquared2000jbsquared2000 Posts: 895 Member
    edited July 2015
    @FoxyLovesKitty, @mothersuperior2, @PetaT, @lovespandas1, @gnlovew, @AlphaFen and @NESChic - Hi there! Wasn't sure if you all saw this cool contest, but you guys are some of the most creative people that I know on here, so thought I'd tag you and drag you here! :sunglasses:

Feel free to drag others! :smiley:
    Post edited by jbsquared2000 on
    Here, among friends, you can call me Jewels (or Julie).
    My not very profound or life-altering signature quote: Life is short, so laugh often - it will make your children nervous. B)

My thread of Sincere Thanks
    No more wishlist for me! It disappeared in a poof of gift-giving smoke!
  • Options
    lovespandas1lovespandas1 Posts: 635 Member
    edited July 2015
    @jbsquared2000 No, I don't think I have!
    I'll check out the rules & stuff!

Also, are you allowed to edit your photo?
    you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
  • Options
    VioletHorseVioletHorse Posts: 1,288 Member

Hi VioletHorse! You don't have to include a beach! It can be any place at all! You mentioned a beach, so was offering support for that idea. But, really, any where you like would be fantastic! :)
    Ok. I will see what photos I have then.

• Options
    mothersuperior2mothersuperior2 Posts: 1,419 Member
    @jbsquared2000 here I am!
    @ZeeGee where's that mansion, it looks familiar? :sunglasses:
    @Jayceigh can we post more than one picture in one entry?
    I have a weird sense of humour. If it doesn't come across, please forgive me in advance.

Are Kevin's undergarments lurking in a wishlist near you?

I own the Store 5584.gifMy Page
    HOW?
    Cascades
    Daily Deals
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    @jbsquared2000 here I am!
    @ZeeGee where's that mansion, it looks familiar? :sunglasses:
    @Jayceigh can we post more than one picture in one entry?

@mothersuperior2 It used to be the Landgraab Estate. The Landgraabs went broke and moved out of town in the middle of the night. The Lockwoods bought it and renovated from the bottom up. :D

And I was wondering that about the pics. I had two I wanted to post but decided to play it safe and keep it to one.
  • Options
    mothersuperior2mothersuperior2 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Thought I recognised the layout, I need to get out more! @ZeeGee
    I have a weird sense of humour. If it doesn't come across, please forgive me in advance.

Are Kevin's undergarments lurking in a wishlist near you?

I own the Store 5584.gifMy Page
    HOW?
    Cascades
    Daily Deals
  • Options
    @jbsquared2000 - Lol! Thanks for the plug! :smiley:;)
  • Options
    @mothersuperior2 - Yes, you can post more that one picture in one entry if you do it as a kind of collage, like the way @jbsquared2000 did it... I believe her entry is on page 1. :)
  • Options
    @lovespandas1 Could you be more specific? What kind of edits do you mean? It's probably fine, but I thought I'd get more information first. :)
    @mothersuperior2 As Friday already confirmed, a collage of photos is okay. :)

If you're reading this and are thinking you would have done things differently in light of this - there's no harm in updating your posts with the changes. Nothing is permanent until contest ends. :)
  • Options
    FoxyLovesKittyFoxyLovesKitty Posts: 889 Member
    @jbsquared2000 Thank you for letting me know, I didn't see it :) I think I'll join too, it looks like fun!
  • Options
    lovespandas1lovespandas1 Posts: 635 Member
    edited July 2015
    @Jaceigh Like the Photobucket editor- frames, contrast, sharpness, saturation, etc.
    Here- an example from my photos:

8a5e4fdb-5755-47fb-a378-0f80e5dcf875_zpspbrpx2wj.jpg

you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?