Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Signature fail (ANY MOD AROUND? PLS)

124...Next

Comments

• SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    Megg87 wrote: »
    @SimsFur, I'm sorry to say this but it really bothers me that everyone is so rude to the gurus. You don't know what they have to do as part of their daily job tasks. They probably have an order of importance of things to fix. This doesn't affect as many people as other bugs do (I bet) so I'm sure it's not high on their list. This issue is annoying but you don't have to be rude about it.

@SimGuruDrake, just a bump if you don't mind.

Then perhaps you dont understand the issue, the lack of care, false promises and amount of time that has passed while it could easily be fixed.. it could have been fixed by know.. we all know that. i dont have to explain you why and why i think they dont need the time my grandma would need for a minor IT issue. You dont have to defend something you dont know anything about ;) i can understand your point, but we passed that.
  • MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    SimsFur wrote: »
    @SimsFur, I'm sorry to say this but it really bothers me that everyone is so rude to the gurus. You don't know what they have to do as part of their daily job tasks. They probably have an order of importance of things to fix. This doesn't affect as many people as other bugs do (I bet) so I'm sure it's not high on their list. This issue is annoying but you don't have to be rude about it.

Then perhaps you dont understand the issue, the lack of care, false promises and amount of time that has passed while it could easily be fixed.. it could have been fixed by know.. we all know that. i dont have to explain you why and why i think they dont need the time my grandma would need for a minor IT issue. You dont have to defend something you dont know anything about ;) i can understand your point, but we passed that.

I still don't think they deserve to be attacked. That's just me, though. I prefer a peaceful forum (ha, as if that's possible! :tongue:)
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • SimStaffGabrielSimStaffGabriel Posts: 84 SimGuru (retired)
    Hey all!

I am going to submit a request to the web team to see if they can look into this for us really quickly! Anyone unable to use their signature please PM @SimGuruDrake and myself and detail what exactly the image is that you are trying to put in your signature.

Thank you!
  • SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    Hello Everyone,

Chiming in to what @SimStaffGabriel said, for those that are currently affected can you please send me a PM with the image you are wanting to use for your signature and I will go in and add it for you. The forum team and I are still looking into the root cause of this issue since it doesn't seem to be just accounts transferred over from the old forums having the issue so it makes things a bit more difficult.
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • OhHeyLuckyOhHeyLucky Posts: 1,338 Member
    Just PM'ed you @SimGuruDrake - What a weird issue that it's not only transferred accounts. :s
    Hello Everyone,

Chiming in to what @SimStaffGabriel said, for those that are currently affected can you please send me a PM with the image you are wanting to use for your signature and I will go in and add it for you. The forum team and I are still looking into the root cause of this issue since it doesn't seem to be just accounts transferred over from the old forums having the issue so it makes things a bit more difficult.

i already said this months ago though.. that my account wasnt one that was transferred. So what will be done now, could be done that time as well i see.. anyway im gonna pm you with my img ( be aware, its a great one )

I still don't think they deserve to be attacked. That's just me, though. I prefer a peaceful forum (ha, as if that's possible! :tongue:)

I agree, peaceful forums are what its supposed to be. I think it still is ;)
    PM'ed yesterday but no change to signature. Not sure how long it will take, but I do hope this issue will get sorted soon. I do find the circumstances weird, that it's hitting at random it seems. With technology though, I believe (opinion only) that 99% of problems can be fixed. However, the method of fixing them might raise an issue also. I wish I could make a new forum account and see after becoming a member if that account would be able to have a signature with images and links.

I see quite a bit of people who seem to have this issue.
    i mentioned before just creating a new account for us but transfer all our badges, comments, likes and all sorts of things to the new account.. that shouldn't be so hard
    Well the thing is creating a whole new origin account. Plus, no telling just how many people have this issue, so that's a bunch of new accounts that have to be created and have things transferred.
    well.. the longer they wait the harder it gets
    Oh no doubt. It's been a very long time as it is.
  • justdancerebeccajustdancerebecca Posts: 1,334 Member
    Also PMed just now
    wr7jm5.png&quot

did not hear anything still..
    edited July 2015
    Yeah, apparently it was tried in my sig, didn't work though. Wonder why :disappointed:
    wr7jm5.png&quot

Still haven't heard anything back either. No change to my signature either even though I did as requested. :/
  • SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    edited July 2015
    I am extremely happy to say that we FINALLY have a fix for this! Unfortunately everyone will have to manually do this themselves but please do the following:

1) Go into Signatures
    2) Delete all text in the Signature and click save
    3) Leave the page
    4) Go back into profile settings
    5) Go into Signatures
    6) Update it with the image / text you'd like to use and click save

Your signatures should now have images / gifs enabled!

Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
    Trying right now! *freaking excited*
    mine is working!! i gotta say.. im really impressed :D thanks for letting me have my.. fabulous gif
    It works! Thank you so much, @SimGuruDrake!!!!! You guys are heros!!!!

but i dont see yours i must say..

I just have text with links. I can see yours.

I just have text with links. I can see yours.

aha got it.. well hope everyone is happy now :)

Woot! Thanks so much, and I'm glad you guys found a fix! I hope all the rest of those who are having issues have a chance to see this and know it's been fixed!
    I am extremely happy to say that we FINALLY have a fix for this! Unfortunately everyone will have to manually do this themselves but please do the following:

1) Go into Signatures
    2) Delete all text in the Signature and click save
    3) Leave the page
    4) Go back into profile settings
    5) Go into Signatures
    6) Update it with the image / text you'd like to use and click save

Your signatures should now have images / gifs enabled!

Thank you so much! I appreciate the work that was put into this. Glad to be able to finally show off my sig :)
    wr7jm5.png&quot