Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Not happy with the new update

I'm trying to send my sims out on a date in Willow Creek and it keeps going to the World Menu even AFTER selecting a venue. Why make these updates when there's stuff that needs FIXING?!

Comments

• Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    If you have mods, remove them. It is most likely a sign of a mod.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    Morganvil227Morganvil227 Posts: 29 Member
    I removed my mods folder before updating. Even then I had to repair my game. I'll try again.
  • Options
    KarmaKarma Posts: 837 Member
    If you have mods, remove them. It is most likely a sign of a mod.

Not justine keaton then?

WsYdHZD.jpg

• Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited July 2015
  • Options
    I use mods. Can't play the way I want without them.
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    I've gone out on dates with mods in my mod folder. Not every problem is the result of mods.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    > @cottonwexler said:
    > Colton147147 wrote: »
    >
    > If you have mods, remove them. It is most likely a sign of a mod.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Not justine keaton then?

Your siggy is kind of freaky. o.O
  • Options
    JenJenGamingJenJenGaming Posts: 102 Member
    I can't even update or play ts4.... I close my laptop for the day, come back to work, and BAM! can't open my game or anything!!!
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I've gone out on dates with mods in my mod folder. Not every problem is the result of mods.

But if it's something that's going wrong right after a patch or new pack, it's probably a sign that there's a mod that needs updating. Just heard about one affecting UI that's causing the names on the map to glitch out, for example. It'll take some time to track down the offender -- best to go to the source of the mods and see if anyone's reported any issues.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    I can't even update or play ts4.... I close my laptop for the day, come back to work, and BAM! can't open my game or anything!!!

When you say you close it, are you shutting it down completely or just letting it go to sleep? If you're just letting it go to sleep, try shutting down completely and then restarting. Don't just "restart" -- shut down completely. Sometimes there are processes that need to be terminated completely that are not terminated by sleep or simple restart.
  • Options
    JenJenGamingJenJenGaming Posts: 102 Member
    Ok, I'll try that :'( very upset right now
  • Options
    SassyTinkSassyTink Posts: 15 Member
    I got the update too, and I cant get into the house to play my Sims. I turned of all the gameplay stuff, and mod then got back into it. SAME THING. I cant play either.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    SassyTink wrote: »
    I got the update too, and I cant get into the house to play my Sims. I turned of all the gameplay stuff, and mod then got back into it. SAME THING. I cant play either.

If you have the near-antique Relationship Decay mod, pull that out.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    may151997may151997 Posts: 209 Member
    I updated without moving my mod folder because I didn't realize there would be an update today and it updated as soon as I opened Origin. The only mod I have is the go to school mod, and when I had the option to go to school with my child he stayed home, but it said he was at school. How do I fix this?
  • Options
    lovebypondsidelovebypondside Posts: 1,364 Member
    I know its unrelated(ish) but I didn't want to start a whole thread and I'm not at home to check it out -- anyone know if the No Culling mod still works?
    Origin ID: byscreenside
    Twitter: @byscreenside
    Youtube: YT

• Options
    may151997 wrote: »
    I updated without moving my mod folder because I didn't realize there would be an update today and it updated as soon as I opened Origin. The only mod I have is the go to school mod, and when I had the option to go to school with my child he stayed home, but it said he was at school. How do I fix this?

The mod might not be working with the update. Check the discussion where you got the mod.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    I know its unrelated(ish) but I didn't want to start a whole thread and I'm not at home to check it out -- anyone know if the No Culling mod still works?

Nobody's posted *here* otherwise. I'd check the mod's own discussion area, though.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    I'm trying to send my sims out on a date in Willow Creek and it keeps going to the World Menu even AFTER selecting a venue. Why make these updates when there's stuff that needs FIXING?!
    hey @Morganvil227were you are to resolve this problem? was it mod related?
  • Options
    SassyTinkSassyTink Posts: 15 Member
    > @luthienrising said:
    > SassyTink wrote: »
    >
    > I got the update too, and I cant get into the house to play my Sims. I turned of all the gameplay stuff, and mod then got back into it. SAME THING. I cant play either.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > If you have the near-antique Relationship Decay mod, pull that out.

I don't have that mod
  • Options
    ClaimingTheFifthClaimingTheFifth Posts: 417 Member
    edited July 2015
    It's almost a given that the lock-doors mod a lot of us used is now conflicted. I remembered to pull that one out yesterday before today's dl. I haven't even tried to sign in...I always circle the campfire before I join in the song :D
    That light at the end of the tunnel? It's a train.
    The five-second rule does not apply when you have a two-second dog.
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member

It stopped working?
  • Options
    megan1468megan1468 Posts: 3 New Member
    hi all! I got the update and now whenever I try to open my game it says the sims 4 has stopped working. any suggestions on how to fix?
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    > @luthienrising said:
    > SassyTink wrote: »
    >
    > I got the update too, and I cant get into the house to play my Sims. I turned of all the gameplay stuff, and mod then got back into it. SAME THING. I cant play either.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > If you have the near-antique Relationship Decay mod, pull that out.

I don't have that mod

if you have any mods pull the whole mods folder to the desktop and test again and only put back mods that have been updated for new patch or the modder has confirmed is fine with the new patch, HTH
  • Options
    lauriej0823lauriej0823 Posts: 411 Member

I have in my game and it loaded fine.