Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LOL Button Deactivated

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited July 2015
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    I don't want to care who liked or lol'd my posts. Now that they're visible I'll have to make sure to Not Look. Not Looking is HARD. I don't want to care- it isn't important to me but now, now I have to try and not look.

Why do we have to see? I just want to keep the Lol as Awesomeness to me. Oh, well, I have self control.... *sometimes*

8344934_orig.jpg

:)

I don't even care who agrees or disagrees with me.

But can you stop from looking at them? Lol~ you probably can.

I wish I was strong enough NOT to look but I've already looked at a few and then slapped my hand.... after I did it, of course. XD

I might if I could see what you are. I went to my page and it wasn't any different. Then again I already have a pretty good idea who would hit agree,disagree or LOL for my posts. Wouldn't be a big surprise. I'm a big kid...I can take it.

All I have to do right now is right click on the lol/like button and it shows near the bottom "Search Google for "1 Like Rflong7"
    Maybe it's a browser thing- Mozilla Firefox is what I use.

Yes, @Terrylin you did. XD
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited July 2015
    It's not all debate on here. There are posts just for sharing funny pictures or what's going on in your sims games. Sometimes all you want to do is like a picture or post.
    egTcBMc.png
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    I don't mind Agree/Disagree. Well, I do mind when my friends hit that disagree button after a discussion but that's my over sensitive side, I get over myself quickly. :mrgreen:

I won't use the Disagree because of my view of it but I wouldn't force my view on others if they like it. :cookie:

Can we have a Cookie button- and only used in a good way cause cookies are good. :mrgreen::cookie:

Oh! Oh- and the Awesome button. I saw that one. :D

I have no problem telling someone I disagree with them. No one has to like what I like either.

Yes...an awesome button could take the place of several likes.

I still think we need others though....like "have you lost your mind?" or "what the plum?"

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • wynwyn Posts: 901 Member
    edited July 2015
    I have noticed that quite a lot of you seemed to like having Agree / Disagree buttons.
    If the issue was people abusing the LOL button to disagree, then putting agree/disagree back in seems more apt. People will just have to learn to live with everyone not agreeing with them.
    On a side note, I'd love to see people who can't handle those disagreeing with them spend one dayhour in a Guru's shoes. They'd probably implode.

IDfH1QE.jpg

edit: on second thought, I don't think they'd last the day.
    Origin ID: WyntirLily
    edited July 2015
    I don't mind Agree/Disagree. Well, I do mind when my friends hit that disagree button after a discussion but that's my over sensitive side, I get over myself quickly. :mrgreen:

I won't use the Disagree because of my view of it but I wouldn't force my view on others if they like it. :cookie:

Can we have a Cookie button- and only used in a good way cause cookies are good. :mrgreen::cookie:

Oh! Oh- and the Awesome button. I saw that one. :D

I have no problem telling someone I disagree with them. No one has to like what I like either.

Yes...an awesome button could take the place of several likes.

I still think we need others though....like "have you lost your mind?" or "what the plum?"

Oooo- "What The Plum?" would be fun. Maybe too much. Maybe a "Party On!" button? ;)
  • husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    My lols are back oh my babys iam sorry this wont happen again
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Re. that vote in the fall: it wasn't only on the LOL button - it was on both the Like button and the LOL button. It was keep both or lose both.

Anyway, I've got no particular concern about keeping the buttons, or about returning Agree and Disagree, if we can still see who used them. If people can't help but get into fights with each other for using Disagree or LOL in mean-spirited ways (which happened over the Disagree when it was visible), at least that could be a reportable issue. And it's a good disincentive to using them that way.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    O.o Now I can't see who lol'd/like'd - Maintenance is ongoing. :mrgreen:
  • TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    I don't want to care who liked or lol'd my posts. Now that they're visible I'll have to make sure to Not Look. Not Looking is HARD. I don't want to care- it isn't important to me but now, now I have to try and not look.

Why do we have to see? I just want to keep the Lol as Awesomeness to me. Oh, well, I have self control.... *sometimes*

8344934_orig.jpg

:)

I don't even care who agrees or disagrees with me.

But can you stop from looking at them? Lol~ you probably can.

I wish I was strong enough NOT to look but I've already looked at a few and then slapped my hand.... after I did it, of course. XD

I might if I could see what you are. I went to my page and it wasn't any different. Then again I already have a pretty good idea who would hit agree,disagree or LOL for my posts. Wouldn't be a big surprise. I'm a big kid...I can take it.

All I have to do right now is right click on the lol/like button and it shows near the bottom "Search Google for "1 Like Rflong7"
    Maybe it's a browser thing- Mozilla Firefox is what I use.

Yes, @Terrylin you did. XD

I just learned how to look this morn. Left-click drag in Chrome will show only about 3-4 names(not sure how to see more) on mine. Funny how it didn't matter either way before or now to me. :)

:p Made ya look :p
    edited July 2015
    Now realy agree/disagree were back
    I wasnt here i want them back i think we need a petetion can someone make one i can iam in jail

They can be realy useful plz someone make one :cry:
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    you may know me as g1g2

edited July 2015

I can't see either,,,,in the blind again!!!! ;)

no wait I can see, again,,,,,hum still work in progress it would seem.
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Can we keep the feature of being able to see who liked and LOLed? Pretty pleeaaaasse?
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • MarzipanMarzipan Posts: 60 Member
    I wasnt here i want them back i think we need a petetion can someone make one i can iam in jail

It would probably end up being deleted. =(
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited July 2015
    anettesb wrote: »
    defently, thats a thing I never got... why are we not alowed/forced to stand behind our actions?
    for me thats the biggest problem with these buttons, and make them more open for abuse. show who liked the post, why all the secrets? as you say our posts are public.
    it isn't like it is an election where we need to be anonymus.
    When it was visible, multiple people were being harassed over it. I mean take a look at the activity page. Anyone that had done an LOL were being hunted down and flagged. It was sick and just over a button. I saw it being done on forums. So funny how the use of one button causes the abuse of another button. But I'll leave it up to SimGuruDrake to take over the situation. Honestly I don't care how someone feels about the game, but to go out of the way, to flag people that disagree with them is going too far. There are always three sides to every story and I hope the real truth of the situation comes out.

Anyway it's back and thank you SimGuruDrake for bringing the button back. But yes anonymity does protect Simmers.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    Marzipan wrote: »

It would probably end up being deleted. =(

its not like they are something bad
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    you may know me as g1g2

wyn wrote: »
    I liked the agree/disagree buttons more than the like and lol buttons ;)
    Its all about opinions and agree/disagree fits it, right? LOL

I never paid attention to how many I had though, it was about reading posts and hitting the button that applied without actually responding at times!

I didn't even know we had a leader board until about a month ago.

I didn't know til this morning that we had an activity page. I think I may have looked at it once, said to myself "oh, well that's dumb" and promptly forgot it's existence.
    It took me awhile to even notice the activity and leaders board areas. I rarely even look at them still.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    Scobre wrote: »
    anettesb wrote: »
    defently, thats a thing I never got... why are we not alowed/forced to stand behind our actions?
    for me thats the biggest problem with these buttons, and make them more open for abuse. show who liked the post, why all the secrets? as you say our posts are public.
    it isn't like it is an election where we need to be anonymus.
    When it was visible, multiple people were being harassed over it. I mean take a look at the activity page. Anyone that had done an LOL were being hunted down and flagged. It was sick and just over a button. I saw it being done on forums. So funny how the use of one button causes the abuse of another button. But I'll leave it up to SimGuruDrake to take over the situation. Honestly I don't care how someone feels about the game, but to go out of the way, to flag people that disagree with them is going too far. There are always three sides to every story and I hope the real truth of the situation comes out.

Anyway it's back and thank you SimGuruDrake for bringing the button back. But yes anonymity does protect Simmers.

Well actually common sense would tell you who LOL'd you. Geez it isn't to hard to guess when you are having a intense discussion with someone and all the sudden you get a LOL. It isn't a big deal to me,,,,more of a show of frustration than malice. JMHO
    Scobre wrote: »
    wyn wrote: »
    I liked the agree/disagree buttons more than the like and lol buttons ;)
    Its all about opinions and agree/disagree fits it, right? LOL

I never paid attention to how many I had though, it was about reading posts and hitting the button that applied without actually responding at times!

I didn't even know we had a leader board until about a month ago.

I didn't know til this morning that we had an activity page. I think I may have looked at it once, said to myself "oh, well that's dumb" and promptly forgot it's existence.
    It took me awhile to even notice the activity and leaders board areas. I rarely even look at them still.

i knew about them about a week
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    you may know me as g1g2

Terrylin wrote: »

Well actually common sense would tell you who LOL'd you. Geez it isn't to hard to guess when you are having a intense discussion with someone and all the sudden you get a LOL. It isn't a big deal to me,,,,more of a show of frustration than malice. JMHO
    I still don't know how to check actually. XD Not like it matters anyway. I didn't join forums just to track who likes and LOLs me. But yay it is back.

Can you just imagine the thought process behind figuring out who clicked what buttons? Why would anyone even want to see who did what? Is it insecurity? Is it for pay back? Is it to report someone? It all seems odd to me.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
    @Scobre
    The reason for that lol hunt is people found out that others that they thought were their friends on some level... just weren't. It was malicious behavior. Drama was the result. I wouldn't care truthfully if someone and I'll say this like this .. but on the other end of the debate laughed at me or disagreed with me. I know they don't agree.. okay so what, that debate can be kind of fun.
    However if they are just the type that likes to use those buttons mockingly at least everyone would know. People should be accountable for their behavior.
    egTcBMc.png
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    @Scobre
    The reason for that lol hunt is people found out that others that they thought were their friends on some level... just weren't. It was malicious behavior. Drama was the result. I wouldn't care truthfully if someone and I'll say this like this .. but on the other end of the debate laughed at me or disagreed with me. I know they don't agree.. okay so what, that debate can be kind of fun.
    However if they are just the type that likes to use those buttons mockingly at least everyone would know. People should be accountable for their behavior.

We could make it simple and above board. Just have a "mock" button.

edited July 2015
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    @Scobre

We could make it simple and above board. Just have a "mock" button.

Omg ... lol that might work
    edit to say .. naw but I did think it was funny :)
    egTcBMc.png

Can you just imagine the thought process behind figuring out who clicked what buttons? Why would anyone even want to see who did what? Is it insecurity? Is it for pay back? Is it to report someone? It all seems odd to me.

I agree. I grew up with the "Stick & stones will break your bones, but words will never hurt you." Era. While they may sting they can't actually do damage unless you allow it. My skin got really thick over the course of my life I guess.
    OH NO....someone LOLed my last post. What to do, what to do. *wrings hands*

(whispers to self....hmmm....wonder if anyone is buying that?)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top