Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LOL Button Deactivated

Comments

• FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    For 5 minutes I had 4 agrees...

TZtdbLp.gif

I had to LOL at this :p
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    I just thought about something.

Threads here get merged when they are talking about the same thing....or if the mods think we are talking about the same thing. So why do we have two threads in different sections about one topic? I mean they are stickied to the top of the discussion page.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    edited July 2015
    What would be even cooler is if we could activate what buttons we want to display, just like a siggy. That would be the bestest!
    Just go to our settings and pick which ones,,,,,can it be done,,,,,it would be so cool,,,,,,I would have em all!!!!!!

PS just think you could deactivate them also,,,,or just have like and nobody can LOL disagree with you ever again!!
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    I'm going through so many emotions right now! I don't know whether to be happy, sad, or angry (poop)!!!
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member

Threads here get merged when they are talking about the same thing....or if the mods think we are talking about the same thing. So why do we have two threads in different sections about one topic? I mean they are stickied to the top of the discussion page.
    It's probably because the Simmer that had posted about the LOL button being disabled on the other Forum didn't this sticky that SimGuruDrake had posted. :)

edited July 2015
    sunman502 wrote: »

It's probably because the Simmer that had posted about the LOL button being disabled on the other Forum didn't this sticky that SimGuruDrake had posted. :)

Am I seeing something you aren't? I see two identical threads both started by SimGuruDrake right up there at the top of the discussion page.

ETA....Now there is only one......there has been two all morning.......SimGuruDrake are you messing with me?

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Astro wrote: »
    I'm going through so many emotions right now! I don't know whether to be happy, sad, or angry (poop)!!!

I covered that one earlier....
    egTcBMc.png
  • SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)

I put up a thread in General Discussion and here in the Forum Ideas & Feedback because I know that not everyone who goes to General Discussion checks some of the other sections and for some they come to this section for stuff on the forums. I had already planned to merge them into one under Forum feedback this morning :) Just wanted to make sure enough people were notified.

In regards to buttons that are appearing and reappearing: We are currently working on the buttons to see if this issue occurs on just the LOL button or other buttons as well. I have noticed that quite a lot of you seemed to like having Agree / Disagree buttons.
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
    I like seeing who does it if we have to have them all ..but I wasn't around for the big vote.
    egTcBMc.png

I put up a thread in General Discussion and here in the Forum Ideas & Feedback because I know that not everyone who goes to General Discussion checks some of the other sections and for some they come to this section for stuff on the forums. I had already planned to merge them into one under Forum feedback this morning :) Just wanted to make sure enough people were notified.

In regards to buttons that are appearing and reappearing: We are currently working on the buttons to see if this issue occurs on just the LOL button or other buttons as well. I have noticed that quite a lot of you seemed to like having Agree / Disagree buttons.

A lot of us liked them before they were taken away the last time. The last time a poll was taken 80% of the community voted yes on the lol button alone.

• FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I liked the agree/disagree buttons more than the like and lol buttons ;)
    Its all about opinions and agree/disagree fits it, right? LOL

I never paid attention to how many I had though, it was about reading posts and hitting the button that applied without actually responding at times!

I never paid attention to how many I had though, it was about reading posts and hitting the button that applied without actually responding at times!

I didn't even know we had a leader board until about a month ago.

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I don't want to care who liked or lol'd my posts. Now that they're visible I'll have to make sure to Not Look. Not Looking is HARD. I don't want to care- it isn't important to me but now, now I have to try and not look.

Why do we have to see? I just want to keep the Lol as Awesomeness to me. Oh, well, I have self control.... *sometimes*

8344934_orig.jpg
    Well it doesn't sound like it's set in stone what buttons will be there or if they can be seen can you clarify for us @SimGuruDrake. Or is the situation being weighed out?
    egTcBMc.png
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    I don't want to care who liked or lol'd my posts. Now that they're visible I'll have to make sure to Not Look. Not Looking is HARD. I don't want to care- it isn't important to me but now, now I have to try and not look.

Why do we have to see? I just want to keep the Lol as Awesomeness to me. Oh, well, I have self control.... *sometimes*

8344934_orig.jpg

:)

I don't even care who agrees or disagrees with me.

• Shawnda182Shawnda182 Posts: 129 Member

I love the agree or disagree. I think it will give more clarification on what people mean and stop using the Lol button.ncan we have it back please!

8344934_orig.jpg

But can you stop from looking at them? Lol~ you probably can.

I wish I was strong enough NOT to look but I've already looked at a few and then slapped my hand.... after I did it, of course. XD
    edited July 2015

YES Please!!! I think it should stay view-able as to who clicked,,,,that way everybody knows and be done with the whole mess.
    While I have no problem with the buttons, there are some that took issue with them so,,,,well in all honesty you are only making a really big headache for yourself. :( But that said I would love them back,,,,,my disagrees have a lot of catching up to do along with my agrees. ;)

ps. I don't have tv so this is my main source of entertainment. sometimes the activity pg is like a movie for me. :p

8344934_orig.jpg

I wish I was strong enough NOT to look but I've already looked at a few and then slapped my hand.... after I did it, of course. XD

I might if I could see what you are. I went to my page and it wasn't any different. Then again I already have a pretty good idea who would hit agree,disagree or LOL for my posts. Wouldn't be a big surprise. I'm a big kid...I can take it.

8344934_orig.jpg

Did I make you look? :p
    I don't mind Agree/Disagree. Well, I do mind when my friends hit that disagree button after a discussion but that's my over sensitive side, I get over myself quickly. :mrgreen:

I won't use the Disagree because of my view of it but I wouldn't force my view on others if they like it. :cookie:

Can we have a Cookie button- and only used in a good way cause cookies are good. :mrgreen::cookie:

Oh! Oh- and the Awesome button. I saw that one. :D
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    edited July 2015

Agreed!

Wait, what? There's a leader board?! It's like senior year, middle to the end of second semester all over again. I'm discovering so many things...
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • wynwyn Posts: 901 Member

I didn't know til this morning that we had an activity page. I think I may have looked at it once, said to myself "oh, well that's dumb" and promptly forgot it's existence.
    Origin ID: WyntirLily
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    I don't mind Agree/Disagree. Well, I do mind when my friends hit that disagree button after a discussion but that's my over sensitive side, I get over myself quickly. :mrgreen:

I won't use the Disagree because of my view of it but I wouldn't force my view on others if they like it. :cookie:

Can we have a Cookie button- and only used in a good way cause cookies are good. :mrgreen::cookie:

Oh! Oh- and the Awesome button. I saw that one. :D
    I second the Awesome button. :+1:

Maybe not, on second though. Since I would be getting points from that button WAY to much. :#
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top