Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• MzB06MzB06 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited July 2015
    OpheliaMay wrote: »
    @sparkfairy1 in your personal opinion, do you think that EA could reveal toddlers at Gamescom?

I don't even know any more. It's possible but I know that even if they do I'm not going to be thanking them. They've hurt a lot of people and seen the hurt within their customer base but at no point did they take the time to try to repair that. They could have done many things to repair that hurt. They have chosen not to.

I won't be excited about toddlers even when they are announced. I'm going to want to know if they are an object, like babies, if they have a wide range of clothes and hairstyles and social/physical interactions. Potty training and teaching them how to walk and talk. If they can escape from cribs like in Sims 2.

They've had about two years or so to work on them, they better be 🐸🐸🐸🐸 perfect.

I really really really hope they do not insult us that much more by creating a toddler as an object. They can guarantee that they would never be able to live that down.
    Post edited by MzB06 on
  • SpidersWebSpidersWeb Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited July 2015
    Edit: My bad, posted in wrong thread, not sure how it happened :(

Happy simming
    Performance, Price, Portability - pick two.
  • PirateJandcatsPirateJandcats Posts: 635 Member
    Here here! I agree. I hate it that when sims die they become non existent and you have to go to an outside source to make a family tree. Also is it just me or is the tree so tiny! I can hardly see the pictures. I also hate it that all sims look the same through the ages, the birthdays are pointless now.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited July 2015
    Here here! I agree. I hate it that when sims die they become non existent and you have to go to an outside source to make a family tree. Also is it just me or is the tree so tiny! I can hardly see the pictures. I also hate it that all sims look the same through the ages, the birthdays are pointless now.
    Yeah I do wish the family tree view was bigger as well. I hope the culling is addressed because it's sad having ghost relatives and family trees ruined by it. Yes teen-elder being the same reminds me of Sims 1 again with the life stages. It feels like we have baby objects, children, and adults back again. This picture is good with showing how it is now although elder should have looked like adult too in the picture.
    9zuh6p.jpg
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    The height mod is finished. I'm so excited and going to try it out. I finally can make my Simself short like me. My teen Sims have a chance too. I thought I'd share it.
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=559329
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Astro wrote: »
    What's the point of making jokes now?! I was proud of all my "LOL' s"!

Me too! :( Now I have to change my signature. :/
    Scobre wrote: »
    The height mod is finished. I'm so excited and going to try it out. I finally can make my Simself short like me. My teen Sims have a chance too. I thought I'd share it.

Oeh thanks for posting! Going to test it right now! <3 If the teen animations work fine, all we need is toddlers, ha! ;) (as far as life stages go, that is!)
    rudy8292 wrote: »

Oeh thanks for posting! Going to test it right now! <3 If the teen animations work fine, all we need is toddlers, ha! ;) (as far as life stages go, that is!)
    Your welcome. From what I've read from the modder's post on these forums, height should change with the feet slider. So good luck testing it out too.
    rudy8292 wrote: »

Your welcome. From what I've read from the modder's post on these forums, height should change with the feet slider. So good luck testing it out too.

Testing it now, unfortunately the clothing gets weird on teens, since it does not form to the body properly. :(
    The same modder who did the height mod, found this in the slider vertex files. I don't want to get hopes up, but just an interesting find with regards to toddlers.
    http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=559251
  • Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    The same modder who did the height mod, found this in the slider vertex files. I don't want to get hopes up, but just an interesting find with regards to toddlers.
    It feeks like there has been millions of finds like this.
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member

This was already found. Another file that point to an unsupported age was found too. I'm almost sure that they already did toddlers, but had some problem with them that needed a fix.
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Yeah I do wish the family tree view was bigger as well. I hope the culling is addressed because it's sad having ghost relatives and family trees ruined by it. Yes teen-elder being the same reminds me of Sims 1 again with the life stages. It feels like we have baby objects, children, and adults back again. This picture is good with showing how it is now although elder should have looked like adult too in the picture.
    9zuh6p.jpg

Is the adult in the picture of the sims4 really that swayback in the game. If so, they really have a bad outlook for older people and I hope they grow old just like their poor sims.

To stay on topic I was playing Sims2 last night and I have two toddlers right now, not twins I just stopped aging so I can do it on my time, not someone else's. I kinda have a thing for being told how to play Sims...LOL. Anyways, so cute when they hug each other. I took a pic, but, can't find it in storytelling snapshots. Found a bunch I didn't take so I guess the game takes pics? They are not even of my sims. I found some pics I did take in another section, but, not of the two toddlers hugging. It was cute so you will just have to imagine it. They look like twins both have their Dad's dark hair and blue eyes.
  • barbaraluv86barbaraluv86 Posts: 131 Member
    Hi! This is my first time posting in the forum. I just wanted to say that EA/MAXIS/WHOEVER are relying too heavily on modders doing their job in fixing the game. It shouldn't have to be that way. I think one guru(correct me if I'm wrong) said in a sarcastic way that modders would fix all the complaints people have with the game. Right now I have almost 3,500 cc and about 380 mods to make my game feel sort of complete. I've never, in all the years I played sims 2 & 3 had over 500 cc+mods. Didn't need them because the base game was complete to me. I had more options and creativity with both games that at most I would only want different hairs or skins etc. And even without cc, and I just played straight vanilla with both games, I still would play hours at a time just being addicted to the game play. But if I played the sims 4 vanilla.... it'd cure my insomnia. That's why I feel they have have just gotten lazy and let other talented modders do THEIR job.
  • JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    Just saw that the lol button was removed....sorry for being of topic.
    Hi! This is my first time posting in the forum. I just wanted to say that EA/MAXIS/WHOEVER are relying too heavily on modders doing their job in fixing the game. It shouldn't have to be that way. I think one guru(correct me if I'm wrong) said in a sarcastic way that modders would fix all the complaints people have with the game. Right now I have almost 3,500 cc and about 380 mods to make my game feel sort of complete. I've never, in all the years I played sims 2 & 3 had over 500 cc+mods. Didn't need them because the base game was complete to me. I had more options and creativity with both games that at most I would only want different hairs or skins etc. And even without cc, and I just played straight vanilla with both games, I still would play hours at a time just being addicted to the game play. But if I played the sims 4 vanilla.... it'd cure my insomnia. That's why I feel they have have just gotten lazy and let other talented modders do THEIR job.

I agree, the modders talents are defintley abused. Also, welcome to the forums :)
  • TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    Been going through the Tech thread and came across this about crib-babies. After reading it I don't see them fixing/changing the way it works nor does it look good for toddlers either. The engine is just to limited, the trade off to prevent clipping,and slot popping are why mostly. :/

Shame they didn't delay and adress these issues instead of making trade offs that can't or wont be changed now that they are implemented in the game. :(
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Terrylin wrote: »
    Been going through the Tech thread and came across this about crib-babies. After reading it I don't see them fixing/changing the way it works nor does it look good for toddlers either. The engine is just to limited, the trade off to prevent clipping,and slot popping are why mostly. :/

Shame they didn't delay and adress these issues instead of making trade offs that can't or wont be changed now that they are implemented in the game. :(

It's been a while since I believed they would add toddlers.

Yeah. Apparently since the forum glitches if you use Chrome you can see who is LOLing you so they took it down (they say temporarily) until the forum is fixed.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright

Yeah. Apparently since the forum glitches if you use Chrome you can see who is LOLing you so they took it down (they say temporarily) until the forum is fixed.

Ah right, I think it's better they just leave it gone.

Ah right, I think it's better they just leave it gone.

I actually think we need a "Are you serious? Really?" button here.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • SlyvanasSlyvanas Posts: 855 Member
    Hey all, I hope everyone is enjoying their Weds!

This isn't really toddler related but it's more of a hope that they continue to add sentimental moments like this in the sims 4 game coding.
    My sim Calleigh had a dog and a cat that she adopted from the shelter- with age the cat and dog grew old. The cat passed away first. Perhaps Two sim weeks before the dog. I had never witnessed her cat ghost until the night that the grim reaper came for Tiffany (the dog)

JVdQYf1.jpg

I'm not sure if it was a coincidence or not. but I thought it was so heart warming that the cat was actually there as to welcome her friend for such a long time to the after life. So it makes me think.. did EA sneak something like that into the coding to make that happen? or as i said was it a right moment at the right time sort of thing. Either way, I wouldn't mind if small things like that were put into the sims 4
    oxv0Rm8.png
    My Sims family just enjoyed as Saturday Night in (it's Saturday in my Sims game), they ordered a pizza and watched a few movies :) I might have some pics soon if I can get Tinypic to co-operate.
  • husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    Oh we got in over 700 page !!!!!
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member

Welcome to the forum @barbaraluv86 :) I was the same. I learnt how to mod my game for the first time ever trying to like TS4. It didn't work and has just become an expensive mistake for me :(
    I totally agree. Vanilla games should be fun in their own right! It is not the responsibility of talented modders to fix the game for EA. EA get paid more than enough to do a proper job initially.
    Slyvanas wrote: »

I'm not sure if it was a coincidence or not. but I thought it was so heart warming that the cat was actually there as to welcome her friend for such a long time to the after life. So it makes me think.. did EA sneak something like that into the coding to make that happen? or as i said was it a right moment at the right time sort of thing. Either way, I wouldn't mind if small things like that were put into the sims 4

I'm such a softie when it comes to things like this. I have no problem feeding my Sims to a cow plant but I hate to see Grimm come for the pets.

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top