Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Enough is enough, OWN up EA, Ill thank you, when we get the game we deserve.

Comments

• axel1015axel1015 Posts: 952 Member
    Ellessarr wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    SimGuruMax wrote: »
    agent_bev wrote: »
    Thank you for taking the time to humor us. I have a few questions:

Is it technically feasible to make babies real again? I use the word "real" because I cannot think of a better word to describe it right now, I just mean having babies needs be visible, allowing babies and older sims to build some kind of relationship, having babies that are not tied to the crib, etc.

Also, will it be possible for lot sizes to be bigger or are they 50x50 at the maximum because of engine limitations?

Finally, I know one of the gurus mentioned that it is not technically possible to have CASt in the game, but would it be possible to have an external tool where you could re-color and re-texture all the objects and clothing in game, and then upload it to the game?

(....)

One thing about babies I am displeased with is the fact that your Sims put them back down in-between actions. We have tech to solve this problem and somehow it just didn't end up happening. I would very much hope that we address that problem in the not-too-distant-future.

Why aren't they fixing it then? When is that near future if you have the tech? This would improve babies a lot in my point of view, it would make them more blivable.
    they fix was turn babies in objects.

that is how maxis fixe things, remove the too much difficult and expensive and making cheaps fixes, cuz they tech is "too limited" cuz make beard is very complex(wtb true professionals in game dev).

Lol this...is so on the spot...it makes me tear up 🐸🐸🐸🐸
    FreshLion55 on the Gallery! Happy simming! >:)
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Hagfisher wrote: »
    Sims 4 is the New Coke of the Sims Series. EA should admit to that.
    Yep, that's how I view it as well. EA tried to create a different flavor for the Sims 4 and it isn't working or as popular.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    axel1015 wrote: »
    Thanks! I laughed my 🐸🐸🐸🐸 off when he said "I'm sure modders will be able to create objects with new colors" as a response to the lack of CAST LMFAOOO
    Since lack of LOL button, "LOLs" because I thought this was funny.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    Ellessarr wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    SimGuruMax wrote: »
    agent_bev wrote: »
    Thank you for taking the time to humor us. I have a few questions:

Is it technically feasible to make babies real again? I use the word "real" because I cannot think of a better word to describe it right now, I just mean having babies needs be visible, allowing babies and older sims to build some kind of relationship, having babies that are not tied to the crib, etc.

Also, will it be possible for lot sizes to be bigger or are they 50x50 at the maximum because of engine limitations?

Finally, I know one of the gurus mentioned that it is not technically possible to have CASt in the game, but would it be possible to have an external tool where you could re-color and re-texture all the objects and clothing in game, and then upload it to the game?

(....)

One thing about babies I am displeased with is the fact that your Sims put them back down in-between actions. We have tech to solve this problem and somehow it just didn't end up happening. I would very much hope that we address that problem in the not-too-distant-future.

Why aren't they fixing it then? When is that near future if you have the tech? This would improve babies a lot in my point of view, it would make them more blivable.
    they fix was turn babies in objects.

that is how maxis fixe things, remove the too much difficult and expensive and making cheaps fixes, cuz they tech is "too limited" cuz make beard is very complex(wtb true professionals in game dev).

spot on :lol:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    Darkslayer wrote: »
    I do think EA needs to take the time to communicate more with fans. It's all good and well to expect people to have faith in your product and to stick around even though it's presently lacking what previous iterations had, but people just aren't going to put this blind faith into a company, especially one with EA's poor reputation.

The sad thing is everything that they're doing now as far as not communicating with us, acknowledging the issues etc etc are all things they've been doing for years. This is the same company who decided to force TS3 in a direction that polls indicated few people wanted, the same company who release broken game after broken game and then give no word about when there is going to be a fix or even if they know it's a problem. A lot of their games to this day have game breaking problems that are never fixed.

The best thing for people to do is to vote with their wallets. If anyone is that dissatisfied with EA or the way they do things then stop buying their products because the only language the bigwigs up at the EA offices understand is money, keep buying and they'll just keep laughing their way right to the bank while treating you like something they'd wipe off the bottom of their shoe.

Wasn't EA trying to be good for a year when they made Mirror's Edge? Then they stopped because it wasn't making them money. Is that true?

I'm not sure about that one, mostly because I can't remember if DICE were a property of EA when they made the first Mirrors Edge or were subsequently absorbed into them afterwards.

I think a better example might be the developers behind Mass Effect who were also acquired by EA, we ended up getting a whole new ending after the backlash against Mass Effect 3.
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Terrylin wrote: »
    Mendota wrote: »
    @xBob18 @yunagarnet it's literally so useless to post things like that. Not contributing to the conversation...it's just a useless comment...ESPECIALLY if it's rude and inconsiderate like that one. like, if you disagree, feel free to click the nice back button and don't let the door hit you on the way out. :)

And now who is being rude. So much of an issue for you that someone disagrees with your views.

Ummm, I'm not being rude, I'm talking about how it's annoying when people make the thread go off topic, and challenge literally everything I'm saying. That's all! I'm ending this right now! Stop commenting please unless you have something you agree with me on. This isn't for those who disagree with me. And other people have said the disagree with me on certain things, only they said it in a civil, pleasant way.

Heads up! This person tries to derail threads they are opposed to and get them closed. Do not take bait! Just ignore and move on. They probably report you every time you interact with them and a Guru see the thread is Off topic, argumentative and closes it. That is the pattern I am seeing with this particular person.

typo :o

Yep in fact that was what I was meaning on the previous page when addressing "Flame Baiting" and why people who do this which is against forum rules are not stopped and are permitted to continue with the flame baiting. This person has been flame baiting several threads and does not know the meaning of FEEDBACK forum

On topic I don't see this game improving since it is limited to those who are dissatisfied with the game. Those of us who expect a game like previous sims games might have to wait for a new sims game if there is one or continue to play the previous versions that we enjoy
  • DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited July 2015
    So how much of you want an open world?? If you agree just leave a reply maybe with what you liked the most and if you disagree you can say why! :)

I'm really not interested in having another open world in The Sims. Loading screens just don't bother me since I've been playing video games for a long time and have just gotten used to even the larger open world games having the odd loading screen here and there I just don't notice them.

I will also admit my overall lack of interest in having another open world does stem from how poorly I feel TS3 handled it. Technical issues aside which were actually the main reasons I disliked the open world (I had the ghost town issue, amongst other problems) EA made some very questionable design choices that, for me at least, defeated the point of the world being open in the first place.

I'm perfectly happy with the fact it's closed and quite frankly I don't trust EA to make a decent open world game anyway.
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    So how much of you want an open world?? If you agree just leave a reply maybe with what you liked the most and if you disagree you can say why! :)

I'm really not interested in having another open world in The Sims. Loading screens just don't bother me since I've been playing video games for a long time and have just gotten used to even the larger open world games having the odd loading screen here and there I just don't notice them.

I will also admit my overall lack of interest in having another open world does stem from how poorly I feel TS3 handled it. Technical issues aside which were actually the main reasons I disliked the open world (I had the ghost town issue, amongst other problems) EA made some very questionable design choices that, for me at least, defeated the point of the world being open in the first place.

I'm perfectly happy with the fact it's closed and quite frankly I don't trust EA to make a decent open world game anyway.

This. Every gamer knows that a loading screen normally equals excitement when it's over. Hence why loading screens 'load' all the goodies ie; open world so they've never bothered me. The average load screen should only last around 10-20seconds (obvs every computer is different and this is just based on my own personal experience)

Besides, sometimes I am thankful for a load screen as I get to snap out of whatever game I'm absorbed in and return to the real world.

--T
    To7m wrote: »

This. Every gamer knows that a loading screen normally equals excitement when it's over. Hence why loading screens 'load' all the goodies ie; open world so they've never bothered me. The average load screen should only last around 10-20seconds (obvs every computer is different and this is just based on my own personal experience)

Besides, sometimes I am thankful for a load screen as I get to snap out of whatever game I'm absorbed in and return to the real world.

--T

The loading screens don't bother me its everything else. I like that all the worlds connect

My issues.

Turing an on line game into a PC game when they should have started form scratch to make a PC game when all previous versions were made for PC

I Don't like the camera even if I use TS3 mode because its still not the same as TS3 camera angles.

The many copies of save files (WHY?) and when you rename them they don't show up with that name in your saves files.

all the worlds look the same

Octagon shaped pans and Chipmunks that look like picachu. Should have better quality graphics this is 2015. Im OK with carton style

I would like story progression but there should be an option to shut it off for those who don't want it

The Culling

The Lack of family play and this being a more Single player game that is all about talking and more talking and discussing emotions

Having to play with being locked into Origin which causes issues

The bugs which I have quite a few on vanilla game that still are not fixed

EA relying too much on Modders to fix this game and make it playable when they should have fixed it and having pull the mods every time there is an update because they may not work with a new patch.

Did I leave anything out ? LOL

• TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    edited July 2015

Unfortunately I dont think this game will ever be open world. I doubt you will see a CAS like the sims 3. Will they add at least a color wheel, story progression or toddlers who knows. EA guru stated this game is limited compared to the sims 3 http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/841707/sarah-holding-says-that-ts4-tech-is-more-limiting-than-ts3-was/p1

Not pointing at you, just adding to your post. :)

If you read through the Guru's posts of the first 10 pages of this thread (maybe a little more) SimGuruMax explains what can and can't, will and wont, be seen/back in TS4; http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/782859/simulation-tech-talk/p1

He explains most everything from crib babies to open worlds. The whole thread is pretty informative and answers a lot of questions. :)

Hey do you know what page the babies and open world are in?

Here is the crib-baby on pg 5; http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12642962/#Comment_12642962

be a bit but looking for open world one :)

Thanks! I laughed my 🐸🐸🐸🐸 off when he said "I'm sure modders will be able to create objects with new colors" as a response to the lack of CAST LMFAOOO

LOL Yes they are relying heavily on Modders. ;)

Here is one post that starts the open world/loading screen discussion the number 4 answer; http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12642962/#Comment_12642962

a follow-up answer; http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12642962/#Comment_12642962

there is more scattered through. I know there is one that addresses open world completely and how they had to decide trade offs. The thread talks about all the trade offs and hard decisions they had to make, when actually it is just a very limited engine.
    I come to this deduction by how it wasn't hard to do any of the things we are asking for because we have had most of them in at least one if not multiple previous games. :/

So I'm probably blind but I can't find it lol! Did they say that open world was do-able? Or something that technically could work?

Managed to get back and look for some of the references to loading screens/open world in the Tech thread. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12727166/#Comment_12727166

Again just trade off and excuses for a limited engine and time. :/

More on the crib-baby and why I just don't see how they will get toddlers to work; http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12736133/#Comment_12736133

Unfortunately I dont think this game will ever be open world. I doubt you will see a CAS like the sims 3. Will they add at least a color wheel, story progression or toddlers who knows. EA guru stated this game is limited compared to the sims 3 http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/841707/sarah-holding-says-that-ts4-tech-is-more-limiting-than-ts3-was/p1

If you read through the Guru's posts of the first 10 pages of this thread (maybe a little more) SimGuruMax explains what can and can't, will and wont, be seen/back in TS4; http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/782859/simulation-tech-talk/p1

He explains most everything from crib babies to open worlds. The whole thread is pretty informative and answers a lot of questions. :)

Here is the crib-baby on pg 5; http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12642962/#Comment_12642962

Here is one post that starts the open world/loading screen discussion the number 4 answer; http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12642962/#Comment_12642962

a follow-up answer; http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12642962/#Comment_12642962

there is more scattered through. I know there is one that addresses open world completely and how they had to decide trade offs. The thread talks about all the trade offs and hard decisions they had to make, when actually it is just a very limited engine.
    I come to this deduction by how it wasn't hard to do any of the things we are asking for because we have had most of them in at least one if not multiple previous games. :/

So I'm probably blind but I can't find it lol! Did they say that open world was do-able? Or something that technically could work?

Managed to get back and look for some of the references to loading screens/open world in the Tech thread. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12727166/#Comment_12727166

More on the crib-baby and why I just don't see how they will get toddlers to work; http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12736133/#Comment_12736133

My views on toddlers and babies are; if they could work it out in the past 2 games, they should know how to do it in this one. They better.
  • mwyatt139mwyatt139 Posts: 374 Member
    If you're like me you're a mad, loyal sims player. I've played this game since I was like 8 with the sims 1. I have purchased every piece of content released and loved it, I've bragged to other people about how open our devs were and how much they care about us, but then TS4 came out...ever since its release, I feel like they haven't even listened to us!! They put up polls, but in the end I feel like they choose what THEY want, they don't care about what us fans want, they don't open up about Olympus or even ACKNOWLEDGE their colossal screw ups with aspects of this game! Sure it's a beautiful game, I absolutely love it, my favorite game in the sims series by far, love seeing the Rays of sum in the windows and going through the leaves of the trees but then I realize, wow they do this to distract us from EVERYTHING else! Next time you're playing...I want you to zoom out, and follow the road with your mouse. Adjust your camera, and wait! You can see the 2d back drop and how the road goes right behind a house and glitches into the ground! I'll post pics later. It's absurd how they dismiss us fans and how they don't talk openly about game breaking things like no toddlers, open world, CAST, and story progression, all things that SHOULD have been in the game, but weren't. IMO, a sims base game should include all things its predecessor had in base game, and MORE. I know this is just a repeat of what other people are saying but COME ON if they keep getting complaints shouldn't they DO something? At least tell us, make a post about how you are or aren't working on things. APOLOGIZE to the people you've disappointed and literally hurt with this game. I'm done with their crap, and I think the devs deserve a thank you, but won't get one until they give us that base game we loyal fans deserve. Enough is enough. This games got me worried about the sims future

I have uninstalled the Sims 4 after much deliberation with myself. I'll still check in for news and threads I've commented on but I can't offer advice or solutions really because my game is only updated to the most recent patch, I only have GTW and OR installed with it and I can only really give more informed advice if you have a Mac or general question. If you have a question and you have a pack that I don't, I can't help you. I am ashamed to admit that I'm growing apart from something that I have loved dearly for 15 years. Maybe some day I'll be back. I'll still check the forums though
    Link to my Facebook feel free to friend me: https://www.facebook.com/Spiritualanddifferent
    Link to my blog: https://www.merismusings.wordpress.com
    Link to my Twitter (used mainly for promoting my blog): https://twitter.com/BridgetW1990
    Add me on Origin: mwyatt139

event.png
  • TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member

My views on toddlers and babies are; if they could work it out in the past 2 games, they should know how to do it in this one. They better.

I agree 100%. Doing what was done before should not be hard nor expensive. Proof being it has been done before, much better IMHO in TS2, a 10 yr old game. Not only done but was done in the base and added to/enhanced during the life of that version of the series. It wasn't potential, it was fact.

I agree 100%. Doing what was done before should not be hard nor expensive. Proof being it has been done before, much better IMHO in TS2, a 10 yr old game. Not only done but was done in the base and added to/enhanced during the life of that version of the series. It wasn't potential, it was fact.

Agreed.
    mwyatt139 wrote: »
    If you're like me you're a mad, loyal sims player. I've played this game since I was like 8 with the sims 1. I have purchased every piece of content released and loved it, I've bragged to other people about how open our devs were and how much they care about us, but then TS4 came out...ever since its release, I feel like they haven't even listened to us!! They put up polls, but in the end I feel like they choose what THEY want, they don't care about what us fans want, they don't open up about Olympus or even ACKNOWLEDGE their colossal screw ups with aspects of this game! Sure it's a beautiful game, I absolutely love it, my favorite game in the sims series by far, love seeing the Rays of sum in the windows and going through the leaves of the trees but then I realize, wow they do this to distract us from EVERYTHING else! Next time you're playing...I want you to zoom out, and follow the road with your mouse. Adjust your camera, and wait! You can see the 2d back drop and how the road goes right behind a house and glitches into the ground! I'll post pics later. It's absurd how they dismiss us fans and how they don't talk openly about game breaking things like no toddlers, open world, CAST, and story progression, all things that SHOULD have been in the game, but weren't. IMO, a sims base game should include all things its predecessor had in base game, and MORE. I know this is just a repeat of what other people are saying but COME ON if they keep getting complaints shouldn't they DO something? At least tell us, make a post about how you are or aren't working on things. APOLOGIZE to the people you've disappointed and literally hurt with this game. I'm done with their crap, and I think the devs deserve a thank you, but won't get one until they give us that base game we loyal fans deserve. Enough is enough. This games got me worried about the sims future

I have uninstalled the Sims 4 after much deliberation with myself. I'll still check in for news and threads I've commented on but I can't offer advice or solutions really because my game is only updated to the most recent patch, I only have GTW and OR installed with it and I can only really give more informed advice if you have a Mac or general question. If you have a question and you have a pack that I don't, I can't help you. I am ashamed to admit that I'm growing apart from something that I have loved dearly for 15 years. Maybe some day I'll be back. I'll still check the forums though

Do you play TS3 or any other sims games on Mac?
  • mwyatt139mwyatt139 Posts: 374 Member
    @axel1015 I play Sim City: Cities of tomorrow and occasionally the Sims Medieval. I know Baldur's Gate isn't a Sims game but I play that too
    Link to my Facebook feel free to friend me: https://www.facebook.com/Spiritualanddifferent
    Link to my blog: https://www.merismusings.wordpress.com
    Link to my Twitter (used mainly for promoting my blog): https://twitter.com/BridgetW1990
    Add me on Origin: mwyatt139

event.png
  • EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    sometimes i ask myself if money is really so that "important" in life to the point of peoples prefer it over self-respect specially when they have choices and are not "forced", with that in mind, why some game developments with strong games which can get money(not the same as when hired but can get)they ending accept have a chance to taint they names going working for that big developers companies, which in most of the cases make things terrible instead of better, like you have a awesome indy team or at last a good knowed team which probably could live for themselfs without, then come one of that companies(aka EA) which that game development is pretty aware of bad reputation then they offer a huge ammount of money for then to work for the companie and they ending accepting it, then this ending affect later the quality of they works.

really sometimes is had to understand somethings, i know which peoples are looking for the "heaven" in the earth but i believe which hold at last some little pride when you have the choice is also important.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    If The Sims 4 Base Game were meant to have everything the past iteration of the game had and more then The Sims 4 would be the first in the series to do so, they cut out allot of content from The Sims 2 Base Game when they made The Sims 3, just like how they did with The Sims 4. It confuses me to see how people constantly complain that the devs aren't listening to the fans when every single update has added something people have been requesting, but they didn't just hash out copies of them from past iterations but added new features to them. However, I do agree that they should stop keeping secrets from us, at least for the consumers that are buying and playing The Sims 4, I want to know where the franchise is headed, currently I'm happy with it's direction as the game gets better each month, but I would like a final answer on whether features like Toddlers, Vehicles or NPCs will ever be implemented into the game, until then I'm not fully satisfied and as consumers, shouldn't we have the right to know what we're paying for?

they removed the sims i was playing for the past 14 years & those are still not there in the game after 10 months, when would be the right moment to add the main ingredient of a game ? i'd say before the release

they decided to make a closed world with time passing but without story progression & without memories but with culling & spawned mimickry of character & emotions not worth the name to glare the audience
    nobody asked for all that, not really
    those are the dev's decisions & those are experiments which the players have payed for, i have payed for something that i didn't ask for, they promissed to improve over time, i believed that, they didn't keep their promiss yet, & after 10 months of patient waiting i am not foolish enough to wait for them any longer

what they add over time is mostly bugged, it breaks things & gameplay which worked before
    just go over to the bugs & mods sections of this forum, it's just frustrating

maybe they add toddlers, but i am not sure if cars will be added,
    i suppose that depends on the success fo this iteration & it just doesn't look good enough with the sales & it just is no wonder

i say it once more
    not closed world, not loading screens, not lack of toddlers, cars or dishwashers,
    not even lack of story progression have ruined this iteration but lack of character to those sims
    a player has to be very naive & inexperienced or very superficial to be even content with those sims
    & i have no idea how the devs can be content with them, i would be desparately ashamed if i was the creator, but they prefer just to pretend that everything's io & just carry on
    either they really not care or this iteration lies already in its final breath

Teresita wrote: »
    Open World Sims is a must! I don't want to get behind in this mobile gaming structure with all these loading times. I've been noticing lately that the new games being released are now having the "No loading times" advertisements. The current one doing that is Fallout 4.

i guess the perfect game would be open world, which offers for the player
    the option to load districts only & even loading lot by lot only
    time passing in the entire world but with the option of aging on/off
    & story progression worth the name also on/off

those options would enable the widest sorts of playstyles
    as long there are sims in it of course also deserving to be named so :confounded:

• LexiLexi Posts: 47 Member
    edited July 2015
    If you're like me you're a mad, loyal sims player. I've played this game since I was like 8 with the sims 1. I have purchased every piece of content released and loved it, I've bragged to other people about how open our devs were and how much they care about us, but then TS4 came out...ever since its release, I feel like they haven't even listened to us!! They put up polls, but in the end (A) I feel like they choose what THEY want, they don't care about what us fans want, they don't open up about Olympus (B) or even ACKNOWLEDGE their colossal screw ups with aspects of this game! Sure it's a beautiful game, I absolutely love it, my favorite game in the sims series by far, love seeing the Rays of sum in the windows and going through the leaves of the trees but then I realize, (C) wow they do this to distract us from EVERYTHING else! Next time you're playing...I want you to zoom out, and follow the road with your mouse. (D) Adjust your camera, and wait! You can see the 2d back drop and how the road goes right behind a house and glitches into the ground! I'll post pics later. (E) It's absurd how they dismiss us fans and how they don't talk openly about game breaking things like no toddlers, open world, CAST, and story progression, all things that SHOULD have been in the game, but weren't. (F) IMO, a sims base game should include all things its predecessor had in base game, and MORE. I know this is just a repeat of what other people are saying but (G) COME ON if they keep getting complaints shouldn't they DO something? At least tell us, make a post about how you are or aren't working on things. (H) APOLOGZE to the people you've disappointed and lietrally hurt with this game. I'm done with their crap, and I think the devs deserve a thank you, but won't get one until they give us that base game we loyal fans deserve. Enough is enough. (I) This games got me worried about the sims future

(A): I feel like they choose what they can afford. I don't think you realize that it isn't the development team in charge of how much money they receive for said development. The changes seem slow coming, but I do see things changing, however little they may be. (Pools, for example, but more on that later.)

(B): I wouldn't say they're ignoring their screw ups. The outcry over pools were heard and they were added in. In the patch notes, they acknowledged that they'd heard the people and added them back in. I know many people are eager to see toddlers added as well, but if it's not something they were funded enough for, if it does get added I don't see it happening as quickly as pools were delivered.

(C): I think that's a touch dramatic, personally. The graphics are beautiful (at least, in my opinion) and I don't think it's meant to be a distraction from anything. I think it's just part of the new art style they worked so hard on making.

(D): I haven't seen this for myself, but I have zoomed out and wandered my camera about here and there. And yes, it's a backdrop. It isn't as massively open world as TS3 was and for good reason. I don't think they bet on anyone looking as far as you might have, but I really don't think it's a thing of laziness as it was... well, the world had to end somewhere? I can't really say much on this as I haven't seen it myself, but it doesn't seem game breaking or anything.

(E): I mean this as harmlessly as possible, but you really need to verse yourself on just what "game breaking" is, because the lack of those features (while mildly upsetting) is not actually game breaking. Game breaking would be something so catastrophic that it was bugging, glitching or just downright unplayable; hence "game breaking."

However, I still foresee toddlers being added when they're able. People had so little faith in TS4 in the beginning, saying that pools would be added in paid DLC among other things, but we got that for free, didn't we? Personally, I think a little patience goes a long way, here.

As for open world, I think it's gone for good reason. The Sims runs A LOT of generating because each household has so many items and details put into said items. You wouldn't think something as small as a vase or an alarm clock or that nifty painting on your wall would cause so many issues when loaded in mass, but you'd be wrong. While yes, it is a little disappointing feeling to not be able to just... walk next door or drive into town like we could in TS3? I'll take what we have here in TS4 ANY day. The loading screens, lag and crashes were absolute hell on my computer and many others. I'm glad to see it's gone, if it truly cannot be fixed within their budget.

CAST is something I miss deeply, and can honestly say I wish they would speak more about and consider implementing. They did actually speak about it once (I'm sorry, I can't recall where but I believe it was spoken about by a Guru or two... perhaps on their YouTube channel?) and essentially made it sound as if it'd be very difficult to do and... may not make it into the game. Though they did leave it hanging on a maybe if I recall, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Story progression is something I also miss, and... have similar feelings about, as mentioned above.

(F): I don't exactly support this, nor do I disapprove of it, either. While yes, it'd be nice to see beloved features from previous installments carried over into the new games? I think that there are also a handful of features that simply wouldn't fit, wouldn't fit within budget, or simply don't pan out well in terms of programming, coding, etc.

(G): I hate to sound like a broken record, but they heard the complaints about pools and added them. The other features people are complaining about the most are the most difficult to add, it seems, and again... within their budget, they may not be able to give us what we want. I know the Dev team can't escape ALL the outcry of the people, but please realize that a lot of it isn't on them, but who funds them. If anything, your ire should be directed at the producer, not the developers. The difference between the two is vast. :)

(H): Again, a touch dramatic, I think... They haven't done anything they need to apologize for. If nothing else, perhaps be more communicative with the player base, but all things considered they're being a lot more so than most other companies these days would even consider being.

(I): I worry about the future of a lot of games, but if anything I would think that the sales of TS4 along with the massive outcry of the people may very well show them where they went wrong for future installments. However, I must reiterate... I don't fear the developers not listening to us, I fear the producers not listening. Without their funding, The Sims wouldn't see the light of day. So unless they're convinced that The Sims is still a veritable market, all could be for naught. One of two things could happen, here. 1) They'll actually see that there is a very active group of people who adore and still hope to support The Sims, and offer the development team more money to make the game all the more better. Or, and hopefully not the true outcome for future releases... 2) They'll see nothing more but the pitiable sales of TS4 vs previous installments and decide that it's no longer worth investing into. I don't see this happening with as HUGE a name The Sims has in the video game market? But I also wouldn't put it past the producers, either. I dunno, though. Here's hoping it's definitely not the latter.

On a side note, if you made it through my massive post, kudos to you! And sorry for taking up so much of your time. n_n; Also, I apologize if any of what I've said has already been stated. There were so many replies to this post I didn't really feel like reading every response just to input my own opinion.
  • RemySimsRemySims Posts: 380 Member
    Feedback is definitely not the place for people who like Sims 4. They tend to, uh, be attacked by a lot of people.
  • gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    RemySims wrote: »
    Feedback is definitely not the place for people who like Sims 4. They tend to, uh, be attacked by a lot of people.

I usually just ignore them. If you don't feed them they only have themselves to argue with...:P

As far as EA/Maxis owning up.. I am not sure that will happen. I thanked myself and uninstalled Sims 4. I do come here now and again to see if there is any news..I do not at this time play any Sims game or EA games..

I found a game that suits me just fine, and the developers try to listen to every one about their game. Constant updates, fixes, what's to come, and etc...

EA/Maxis could learn a thing or two from them.
    edited July 2015

Actually some people who are not disappointed with the sims 4 are the ones attacking others who are disappointed with the sims 4 for leaving negative feedback in the feedback forum. This is a FEEDBACK forum for both negative and positive feedback. If you don't agree with the people who paid for this game that are disappointed and don't feel they got their monies worth, than just stay out of the threads you don't agree with.

OP stared their thread to leave feedback for EA not for the people who like the sims 4 that came in this thread to flame bait those who are dissatisfied with the game. People who flame bait to start arguments on purpose to get threads shut down. This is against forum rules
    Post edited by phoebebebe13 on
  • Simulator4Simulator4 Posts: 652 Member

Actually some people who are not disappointed with the sims 4 are the ones attacking others who are disappointed with the sims 4 for leaving negative feedback in the feedback forum. This is a FEEDBACK forum for both negative and positive feedback. If you don't agree with the people who paid for this game that are disappointed and don't feel they to their monies worth, than just stay out of the threads you don't agree with.

OP stared their thread to leave feedback for EA not for the people who like the sims 4 that came in this thread to flame bait those who are dissatisfied with the game. People who flame bait to start arguments on purpose to get threads shut down. This is against forum rules

I wonder how that would work on the forum?

@Rukola_Schaaf, you said,
    a player has to be very naive & inexperienced or very superficial to be even content with those sims, lack of character to those sims

I can't speak for everyone, like you, but I enjoy my characters. I feel protective of them when they're sad, I feel proud of them when they've reached a goal or achievement, I can see different personalities in my sims. They're not all carbon copies. And if in your eyes that makes me naïve, inexperienced, or superficial, then so be it.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    Me i do not mind at all how the sims are in game all i went back are dishwashers and workable washers and dryers
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(