Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• MzB06MzB06 Posts: 1,200 Member
    @sparkfairy1 Thank you :)

@OpheliaMay I really wish for their return soon. My favorite part was the bonding and other relationships they developed with their parents or siblings. Those interaction were always the best to me.
  • OpheliaMayOpheliaMay Posts: 52 Member
    @MzB06 Absolutely! So heart warming, really enriched my game play experience - the emotional depth is the key missing element in the game for me - other than toddlers of course!
    Thank you Senpai Simmer for uploading your Avatars to use - she is a beaut! <3
    @OpheliaMay
    Right.
    What I've seen through others play either from Youtube, pictures, or personal stories, TS4 has a lot of glitz and glamour, but lacks the soul or actual life of what TS brand was originally ment to be.
    @MzB06 definitely. I hope that this is something that could be rectified, as I really do like the game aesthetics. I'm just wondering if the engine itself is the problem, or if more animation and interactions could easily be added?
  • StaceyUKStaceyUK Posts: 226 Member
    Re disabilities in the sims. I wish they could be added as an option so you could turn them on or off. I have cerebral palsy and sometimes I use the Sims as an escape, and sometimes I would like to see myself in game, disability including. I would love the option to custom design a wheelchair.
    edited July 2015
    It's just hard for me to believe that adding toddlers is too complicated, or that the animation will become problematic for the engine. With the direction of the Stuff Packs and Game Packs, I truthfully believe they are going to sale toddlers back to us. The hot tub and buffet ( well...semi) table are two big slaps tp the face already. I really hope they do not treat us this way with toddlers, but it just seems less and less likely that they will not give them to us in a free patch :'( .
  • axel1015axel1015 Posts: 952 Member
    Hey guys! Sorry I kind of teased some of you by talking about my sims families and then leaving! I just got so irritated with the no toddlers I needed to take a break from talking about it because I got myself worked up! Lol! Anyways I'm back and ready to rant and rave with anyone and whoever is not happy with EA, I'm just about ready to stop playing TS4 until toddlers come out. I've been starting to download TS3 on my laptop and am getting really excited about re creating my sims 4 family and actually having toddlers! I miss seeing the baby age up and getting a little glimpse of what and who they will look like! The anticipation of knowing that the little girl who is in a high chair might grow up to be a leader of the free world or a head CEO. I'm really getting more upset as the days go by with how EA dismisses us family centered players for the minuscule amount of people who like their sims getting blasted drunk out of their minds while wearing a shiny suit. It's a sore scab for me, it really gets me going, and I'm actually starting to resent EA for destroying a fan favorite game, the only thing that keeps me hopeful is how gorgeous the game is, how crisp the graphics are, what the game has in it already, and how they're bringing back some sims charm, along with a small glimmer of hope for the future of family players. I love TS4, truly a great game...but it has some major flaws that need to be addressed and talked about openly by EA, because that's their first step in repairing the broken relationships and hurt people.
    FreshLion55 on the Gallery! Happy simming! >:)
    @MzB06 I hope you're right in terms of the ease of adding animation, and not so right in terms of selling toddlers back to us! I just feel it would be a too big a smack in the face - I would like to still have faith that the toddlers would come out in a patch, even if added extras were purchasable items. Swimming pools were free and so were numerous other aspects of gameplay - lets just hope!

@axel1015 welcome back! I totally agree with you - there is so much potential for the game, but the lines of communication definitely need to be opened and for some of our fears/concerns/unhappiness to be addressed for us players to feel respected once again.
    @OpheliaMay Agreed! It really has great potential but like you said the communication needs to open up and in my honest opinion, toddlers returning would be the first step in repairing the relationships and being able to start fresh. I just hope they do.
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    @axel1015 earlier on I fully expected them to listen, take feedback and work on the issues. I no longer expect that. I am through making excuses for them. They have spent too much time making barbed comments about their customers who have supported them for up to over fifteen years, making excuses for the issues they created in development and trying to explain away any criticism by trying to make out customers are unreasonable!

That is not acceptable behaviour around a premium title and I don't have faith in them changing their position any time soon. It's just like SC2013. Excuses until they wrapped it up and didn't even tell the customers they were closing up the game.

Tragic.
    @sparkfairy1 in your personal opinion, do you think that EA could reveal toddlers at Gamescom?
    @axel1015 earlier on I fully expected them to listen, take feedback and work on the issues. I no longer expect that. I am through making excuses for them. They have spent too much time making barbed comments about their customers who have supported them for up to over fifteen years, making excuses for the issues they created in development and trying to explain away any criticism by trying to make out customers are unreasonable!

That is not acceptable behaviour around a premium title and I don't have faith in them changing their position any time soon. It's just like SC2013. Excuses until they wrapped it up and didn't even tell the customers they were closing up the game.

Tragic.

I agree! You couldn't be more right!
    OpheliaMay wrote: »
    @sparkfairy1 in your personal opinion, do you think that EA could reveal toddlers at Gamescom?

I don't even know any more. It's possible but I know that even if they do I'm not going to be thanking them. They've hurt a lot of people and seen the hurt within their customer base but at no point did they take the time to try to repair that. They could have done many things to repair that hurt. They have chosen not to.

So as much as I personally like a few of the developers who have tried-the company and those in charge have done a lot of damage to those who have supported them for many, many years and their loyalty has been abused to try to excuse away the situation with TS4. There is no excuse. EA/Maxis made huge errors and however they try to paint it they are responsible for those-we, as customers, are not responsible for those decisions and it's poor trying to place blame at our feet when without our loyalty and support for so many years they wouldn't even be in a position to make a sims game.

We've been a huge part of the sims and Maxis success for EA and that's where they seem to be missing the point entirely.

We only try so hard to get heard because we care. They are lucky to have us but I'm not sure they see it that way. Far easier to paint us as unreasonable to try to cover up mistakes. Very short term thinking though and I hope the sims and Maxis can weather the storm they are creating by acting this way.
  • TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    Is it just me or is the LOL button gone for everyone?
    That is so sad that they have to take something away just because of a few rotten apples. :(
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Pretty soon they will shut the whole thing down and they won't have to deal with any of us.
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    What's the point of making jokes now?! I was proud of all my "LOL' s"!
    The irony is that people complain about the misuse of the LOL and it is removed. Paying customers complain about missing content and a life stage and almost a year later nothing is done. I didn't have an issue with the random LOL, ignore it and move on. Chalked it up to age and maturity. At this point the next thing will be have to have a certain amount of sunshine and rainbows in a thread before it is approved to post. :/
    edited July 2015
    @SimGuruDrake actually made an announcement regarding this, said it was glitching and allowing people to see who lol'd them so it is 'tempararily disabled'

It is in general discussion. I can't set link for some reason. On hubby's puter and he has all kinds of weird options and I don't want to change nothin' :)
    bekkasan wrote: »
    @SimGuruDrake actually made an announcement regarding this, said it was glitching and allowing people to see who lol'd them so it is 'tempararily disabled'

I don't get why it even matters who or why someone LOL'd a post. Senses of humor ar varied and sometimes confusing. And sometimes a LOL is for a reason that some would not see. Really what is the big deal?
    I agree. It doesn't bother me. People lol me all the time when I am not being funny and I just figure it is one more notch to a badge I don't particularly care about. :)
  • Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    I think i'm as far as to thank them if they add toddlers, just to prove the people wrong who said we'll always complain and are never positive, no matter what. Though it would taste a little bitter in my mouth for sure.
  • InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member
    edited July 2015
    I could have sworn I just gave someone anlol because I thought that post was funny of course I never lol someone to be rude. In fact I miss the dislike buttons. I can't believe it's gone this is just so s...t...u.p...i...d.
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    OpheliaMay wrote: »

I don't even know any more. It's possible but I know that even if they do I'm not going to be thanking them. They've hurt a lot of people and seen the hurt within their customer base but at no point did they take the time to try to repair that. They could have done many things to repair that hurt. They have chosen not to.

I won't be excited about toddlers even when they are announced. I'm going to want to know if they are an object, like babies, if they have a wide range of clothes and hairstyles and social/physical interactions. Potty training and teaching them how to walk and talk. If they can escape from cribs like in Sims 2.

They've had about two years or so to work on them, they better be 🐸🐸🐸🐸 perfect.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
    Just a reminder to stay on topic ;) there is a lol topic in general and we don't want to get closed :)
  • MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    I laugh when the comment hits me funny. That's what LOL should mean. I know not everyone uses it that way. I don't see the LOL as something to get upset about in any case. /shrug

Now, if EAMaxis would put some real/actual attention to the important issues we have all expounded upon in this thread, instead of putting the blame for the current mess that TS4 is on us, the customers, that would be something to get excited about. Not that I expect to see that happen....

I've really enjoyed the toddler pics everyone! Keep them coming!

I hope everyone had a terrific 4th of July celebration!

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top