Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Signature fail (ANY MOD AROUND? PLS)

Comments

• SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    ughhh still going on, seriously the fact that no mod is even talking about it with us here says enough to me. It is put on hold and we are told that someone is fixing it, really for months now.. who believes that.. i dont think anyone bothers and sees this as a priority issue.. it is!
  • justdancerebeccajustdancerebecca Posts: 1,334 Member
    Mine isn't working either unfortunately. :( tried everything
    wr7jm5.png&quot

• SimGuruBChickSimGuruBChick Posts: 1,013 SimGuru (retired)
    I am so sorry. We can't work out what the issue is. We are working on it.
    SimGuruBChick
    Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations
    Thanks to 06bon06 for my lovely new signature pic

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg

ok, its sad we've been hearing this for months now. If i can create a new profile and it then works, why can't you guys create a new profile for all of us, but transport all the badges, likes, comments and so on to this new profile? Isnt that an option?
    SimsFur wrote: »

ok, its sad we've been hearing this for months now. If i can create a new profile and it then works, why can't you guys create a new profile for all of us, but transport all the badges, likes, comments and so on to this new profile? Isnt that an option?

Assuming it was some kind of glitch from when our profiles were hauled over from TS3, and that's probably the only way to remedy it. I could be wrong.
    wr7jm5.png&quot

• MandylcdMandylcd Posts: 1,713 Member
    Jonalin wrote: »
    @jonalin thank you but that isnt the problem, i know other people can use the same link i use and for them it works fine, some users are just unlucky and they STILL didnt fix it.. i dont even believe they are trying, cause this does not require months.. an expansion takes less.. :|

That really is odd :| Sorry, wish I could be of more help.

You are thoughtful to give your time to try to help!!
  • MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    Wish this could be fixed easily... *weeps*
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
    STILL.. nothing has been fixed.. this is just gonna stretch out untill the sims 5 forum comes, cause its not seen as a priority, yet there are so many member having this problem en asking for a fix..
    STILL.. nothing has been fixed.. this is just gonna stretch out untill the sims 5 forum comes, cause its not seen as a priority, yet there are so many member having this problem en asking for a fix..

I'm extremely disappointed. I haven't been able to put the picture I wanted in my signature since the move over from TS3 forums. It's absolutely ridiculous...I understand that it's really not a priority, but it should be. How hard must it be to figure something like this out??
    wr7jm5.png&quot

• ashleyrenee210ashleyrenee210 Posts: 187 Member
    I've been in the same boat as yall and it upsets me very much :(
    Twitter: ashleyrenee210
    Tumblr: panicitsashleyatthedisco
    Origin: ashleyrenee210
    PSN: ashleyrenee210
    its just a lack of care.. too much money, effort and manpower for them to deal with this.. even if it takes a few hours.. its too much for them
  • AlouetteDunsmoreAlouetteDunsmore Posts: 260 Member
    edited June 2015
    I've had the same problem since the move from the sims 3 forum.
    It will post to comments in threads, but not my signature...
    17449859951_9f0db01cce.jpg
    @SimGuruDrake, I saw you posting in another thread about forum issues and I thought maybe you could add our little problem to your list? Here is another post about this issue and I know there are more.

(I've also read somewhere that if you change your country that you can suddenly use the BBCode in your sigs but that was ages ago -probably in August!- so I don't have a link to that comment.)

Thank you, and I hope I'm not bugging you! :smile:
  • SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    Megg87 wrote: »
    @SimGuruDrake, I saw you posting in another thread about forum issues and I thought maybe you could add our little problem to your list? Here is another post about this issue and I know there are more.

(I've also read somewhere that if you change your country that you can suddenly use the BBCode in your sigs but that was ages ago -probably in August!- so I don't have a link to that comment.)

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly, accounts for users that were transferred over from our old forum are having issues on this forum with being about to have images (regular or .gif) in your signature box? This is only happening with accounts transferred from the old one, not new ones created here right?
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
    edited June 2015
    Megg87 wrote: »

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly, accounts for users that were transferred over from our old forum are having issues on this forum with being about to have images (regular or .gif) in your signature box? This is only happening with accounts transferred from the old one, not new ones created here right?

Not just images but BBCode as well. None of it works. It says we can use pictures but nothing carries over. I'll change my signature to show you.

Screenshot%2B2015-06-13%2B09.41.39.png

Yes, I think it's only accounts transferred from the old forum that were affected. Obviously not all except a lucky few. :tongue: We have no trouble in comments or threads. And I can confirm that I've always had the trouble even before the member requirements were implemented (with their different rules).

(Edited for grammar & content...)
    this issue has been explained a thousand times. I think its time for an answer, not a new explanation with screens shots and all that effort. I think its pretty clear what is going on here if it got the attention as how they made it seem a while ago. Apparently this issue has just been put in the forgotten box and it starts all over again now..

Anyway, i never used ts3 forum, so this account was my origin account that i made for the sims 4 forum, so its new.

Can anyone just come here with a solution, cause this is freaking annoying
    this issue has been explained a thousand times. I think its time for an answer, not a new explanation with screens shots and all that effort. I think its pretty clear what is going on here if it got the attention as how they made it seem a while ago. Apparently this issue has just been put in the forgotten box and it starts all over again now..

Anyway, i never used ts3 forum, so this account was my origin account that i made for the sims 4 forum, so its new.

Can anyone just come here with a solution, cause this is freaking annoying

I didn't know yours wasn't a transfer, sorry.

Anyway, they're new. I thought it might be helpful. And their full purpose is to be a go between, unlike before.
  • alfher1275alfher1275 Posts: 288 Member
    13 days later...
    I'm having trouble with mine. I just wanted something simple. My account was a transfer from the old forums. This is supposed to be my sig:
    banana_zps1yeiqzjr.gif
    Buuuuuuuuuuut...nothing.
    merc-with-a-heart-ryan-reynolds-trick-or-treats-as-deadpool-and-ended-up-hanging-out-with-691751.gif
    Deadpool will never fail to amuse me.
  • EngramEngram Posts: 79 Member
    It is now July and it seems more and more people are coming out of the woodwork and saying they can't use WYSISYG, either. I first brought this up in October 2014 (old thread, now apparently deleted) and it still isn't resolved. I'm not holding my breath for any of us to have fully functioning signatures any time soon.
    All aboard the hype train!

Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    #EAGameChangers
    Still patiently waiting almost a year later.
    wr7jm5.png&quot

• AbearsmenAbearsmen Posts: 54 Member
    Everytime I see that snake GIF, it gives me anxiety....
    just bump this up until they get bored of it and fix it.. geesz.. what is wrong with these devs or who ever goes over these issues (if theres even a department for it.. wouldnt be so sure)
  • OhHeyLuckyOhHeyLucky Posts: 1,338 Member
    Dude, this is still not working? I would say that it is ridiculous, but I would be understating it. So much for being able to use an image in my signature. I've only been having this issue for a year. *eyeroll*
    they can be paying people money for blocking their ability that other CAN use, to use their signature for google adsense/websiteblog or something.. such a shame.. what a bunch of lazy, careless folks over there
    @SimsFur, I'm sorry to say this but it really bothers me that everyone is so rude to the gurus. You don't know what they have to do as part of their daily job tasks. They probably have an order of importance of things to fix. This doesn't affect as many people as other bugs do (I bet) so I'm sure it's not high on their list. This issue is annoying but you don't have to be rude about it.

@SimGuruDrake, just a bump if you don't mind.