Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Enough is enough, OWN up EA, Ill thank you, when we get the game we deserve.

axel1015axel1015 Posts: 952 Member
edited July 2015 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
If you're like me you're a mad, loyal sims player. I've played this game since I was like 8 with the sims 1. I have purchased every piece of content released and loved it, I've bragged to other people about how open our devs were and how much they care about us, but then TS4 came out...ever since its release, I feel like they haven't even listened to us!! They put up polls, but in the end I feel like they choose what THEY want, they don't care about what us fans want, they don't open up about Olympus or even ACKNOWLEDGE their colossal screw ups with aspects of this game! Sure it's a beautiful game, I absolutely love it, my favorite game in the sims series by far, love seeing the Rays of sum in the windows and going through the leaves of the trees but then I realize, wow they do this to distract us from EVERYTHING else! Next time you're playing...I want you to zoom out, and follow the road with your mouse. Adjust your camera, and wait! You can see the 2d back drop and how the road goes right behind a house and glitches into the ground! I'll post pics later. It's absurd how they dismiss us fans and how they don't talk openly about game breaking things like no toddlers, open world, CAST, and story progression, all things that SHOULD have been in the game, but weren't. IMO, a sims base game should include all things its predecessor had in base game, and MORE. I know this is just a repeat of what other people are saying but COME ON if they keep getting complaints shouldn't they DO something? At least tell us, make a post about how you are or aren't working on things. APOLOGZE to the people you've disappointed and lietrally hurt with this game. I'm done with their crap, and I think the devs deserve a thank you, but won't get one until they give us that base game we loyal fans deserve. Enough is enough. This games got me worried about the sims future
FreshLion55 on the Gallery! Happy simming! >:)
Post edited by axel1015 on

Comments

• mushplomplommushplomplom Posts: 760 Member
    This should be the attitude for everyone but really sims fanbase is a little different don't you think?
    I bought a GTX 1070 to play Sims 4.

• axel1015axel1015 Posts: 952 Member
    Astro wrote: »
    They'll never get any 'thanks you' from me. It's long past the time the base game should've finished.

Agreed.
    This should be the attitude for everyone but really sims fanbase is a little different don't you think?

What do you mean?
    edited July 2015
    axel1015 wrote: »

What do you mean?

Sims 4 is already a complete game. Most people don't think that because "we need expansion packs for it to be complete". No. When a game is released it is complete.

Darkslayer wrote: »
    I do think EA needs to take the time to communicate more with fans. It's all good and well to expect people to have faith in your product and to stick around even though it's presently lacking what previous iterations had, but people just aren't going to put this blind faith into a company, especially one with EA's poor reputation.

The sad thing is everything that they're doing now as far as not communicating with us, acknowledging the issues etc etc are all things they've been doing for years. This is the same company who decided to force TS3 in a direction that polls indicated few people wanted, the same company who release broken game after broken game and then give no word about when there is going to be a fix or even if they know it's a problem. A lot of their games to this day have game breaking problems that are never fixed.

The best thing for people to do is to vote with their wallets. If anyone is that dissatisfied with EA or the way they do things then stop buying their products because the only language the bigwigs up at the EA offices understand is money, keep buying and they'll just keep laughing their way right to the bank while treating you like something they'd wipe off the bottom of their shoe.

Wasn't EA trying to be good for a year when they made Mirror's Edge? Then they stopped because it wasn't making them money. Is that true?

I do think EA needs to take the time to communicate more with fans. It's all good and well to expect people to have faith in your product and to stick around even though it's presently lacking what previous iterations had, but people just aren't going to put this blind faith into a company, especially one with EA's poor reputation.

The sad thing is everything that they're doing now as far as not communicating with us, acknowledging the issues etc etc are all things they've been doing for years. This is the same company who decided to force TS3 in a direction that polls indicated few people wanted, the same company who release broken game after broken game and then give no word about when there is going to be a fix or even if they know it's a problem. A lot of their games to this day have game breaking problems that are never fixed.

The best thing for people to do is to vote with their wallets. If anyone is that dissatisfied with EA or the way they do things then stop buying their products because the only language the bigwigs up at the EA offices understand is money, keep buying and they'll just keep laughing their way right to the bank while treating you like something they'd wipe off the bottom of their shoe.

Absolutely 100%
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    I think they wanted to share a piece of the second life cake, and I think they are still going for this.
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member

Wasn't EA trying to be good for a year when they made Mirror's Edge? Then they stopped because it wasn't making them money. Is that true?

I have never played the game but seems you can still buy it on Steam.http://store.steampowered.com/app/17410/

They announced a new Mirror's Edge game at E3 this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJidzGAnaeM

What does this game have to do with the sims 4 or op's subject?

I have never played the game but seems you can still buy it on Steam.http://store.steampowered.com/app/17410/

The last paragraph about how EA only cares about money. If money is not going their way they stop what they are doing and go a different direction I was trying to use Mirror's Edge for an example but I don't really have much knowledge about it. :tired_face:

Unfortunately I dont think this game will ever be open world. I doubt you will see a CAS like the sims 3. Will they add at least a color wheel, story progression or toddlers who knows. EA guru stated this game is limited compared to the sims 3 http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/841707/sarah-holding-says-that-ts4-tech-is-more-limiting-than-ts3-was/p1

The last paragraph about how EA only cares about money. If money is not going their way they stop what they are doing and go a different direction I was trying to use Mirror's Edge for an example but I don't really have much knowledge about it. :tired_face:

They are Making a New Mirrors Edge So not sure if they stopped with the first one. It is an Older game but still being sold on steam.

They did however shut down simcity studio
  • TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    edited July 2015
    Unfortunately I dont think this game will ever be open world. I doubt you will see a CAS like the sims 3. Will they add at least a color wheel, story progression or toddlers who knows. EA guru stated this game is limited compared to the sims 3 http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/841707/sarah-holding-says-that-ts4-tech-is-more-limiting-than-ts3-was/p1

Not pointing at you, just adding to your post. :)

If you read through the Guru's posts of the first 10 pages of this thread (maybe a little more) SimGuruMax explains what can and can't, will and wont, be seen/back in TS4; http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/782859/simulation-tech-talk/p1

He explains most everything from crib babies to open worlds. The whole thread is pretty informative and answers a lot of questions. :)
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited July 2015
    Terrylin wrote: »

If you read through the Guru's posts of the first 10 pages of this thread (maybe a little more) SimGuruMax explains what can and can't, will and wont, be seen/back in TS4; http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/782859/simulation-tech-talk/p1

He explains most everything from crib babies to open worlds. The whole thread is pretty informative and answers a lot of questions. :)

I got to 'your sim has a preferred hand' and closed the page. If that's the reason why TS4 is in its current state then I just have to laugh.

Like I care what hand my sim uses to pick up a plate or to woohoo with themselves. I want a toddler 🐸🐸🐸🐸!

--T

ETA: Thanks for the link though, I've reopened it as I am genuinely curious now lol
    To7m wrote: »

I got to 'your sim has a preferred hand' and closed the page. If that's the reason why TS4 is in its current state then I just have to laugh.

Like I care what hand my sim uses to pick up a plate or to woohoo with themselves. I want a toddler 🐸🐸🐸🐸!

--T

ETA: Thanks for the link though, I've reopened it as I am genuinely curious now lol

Actually the thread is interesting. It is also entertaining because of the things that were called bugs that are actually designed in the game (they are saying now). The thread while informative also shows they don't or didn't play test much if at all. But by reading through it you will get the gist of how limiting the engine really is. ;)
  • Icy_LavaIcy_Lava Posts: 5,461 Member
    @mushplomplom

What do you mean?

Sims 4 is already a complete game. Most people don't think that because "we need expansion packs for it to be complete". No. When a game is released it is complete.
    :S Well, then the standards are dropping.
    just wanted to post this here - I'm on mobile so will comment better when I get to my laptop!

http://www.gamesradar.com/sega-ceo-admits-recent-games-have-betrayed-fans-trust/

--T
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    just wanted to post this here - I'm on mobile so will comment better when I get to my laptop!

http://www.gamesradar.com/sega-ceo-admits-recent-games-have-betrayed-fans-trust/

--T
    This part stood out to me the most.

"Sega in the '90s was known for its 'brand,' but after that, we've lost trust, and we were left with nothing but 'reputation.'

--T

"Sega in the '90s was known for its 'brand,' but after that, we've lost trust, and we were left with nothing but 'reputation.'

Ah 🐸🐸🐸🐸! I was gonna quote that too. Haha that'll teach me to post and run lol

--T

Hey do you know what page the babies and open world are in?
  • HagfisherHagfisher Posts: 950 Member
    Sims 4 is the New Coke of the Sims Series. EA should admit to that.
    125722018d2ffda673d70ee3796940a120b51e40.png

Hagfisher wrote: »
    Sims 4 is the New Coke of the Sims Series. EA should admit to that.

Umm?? Not sure what you mean...
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member

--T

Ah 🐸🐸🐸🐸! I was gonna quote that too. Haha that'll teach me to post and run lol

--T
    :joy:

Hey do you know what page the babies and open world are in?

Here is the crib-baby on pg 5; http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12642962/#Comment_12642962

be a bit but looking for open world one :)