Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Remember how in TS2 legacies...

icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
You'd see a nice-looking adult or teen townie and think "S/he'd make a perfect spouse for my newborn heir."?

Totally not creepy at all.

Of course, that went away in TS3 when they introduced the concept of growing alongside your childhood friends.
Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Yes! XD

• To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Ha! Glad it's not just me then :tongue:

--T
  • thankucatgodthankucatgod Posts: 398 Member
    Omg, yes. I never thought about how creepy it was back then, but now that I think about it.... :lol:
  • Shadecaster101Shadecaster101 Posts: 1,343 Member
    edited July 2015
    It's even creepier when your Sim marries someone their grandparent used to be friends with.
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    It's even creepier when your Sim marries someone their grandparent used to be friends with.
    Lol, I've had the same exact welcome wagon to every household I played over the generations.They were Nina Caliente, Cassandra and some random sim. I wish we had a mod to age up townies and generate new dorm members. The same ones just get boring eventually. Plus they're all ugly and I need some fresh faces.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    xBob18 wrote: »
    Lol, I've had the same exact welcome wagon to every household I played over the generations.They were Nina Caliente, Cassandra and some random sim. I wish we had a mod to age up townies and generate new dorm members. The same ones just get boring eventually. Plus they're all ugly and I need some fresh faces.

Move them into a lot and mass murder them. Great way to make a neighborhood cemetery as well while you're at it.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member

I eventually ran out of decent-looking ones, and I resorted to SimPE to genetically change their appearances. Yes, I know that's cheating, but appearances are cosmetic anyway, so it's not like it makes the legacy challenge any easier. :p

Plus most of the facial templates in the game are UGLY. At least Sims 3 had normal-looking townies.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

I eventually ran out of decent-looking ones, and I resorted to SimPE to genetically change their appearances. Yes, I know that's cheating, but appearances are cosmetic anyway, so it's not like it makes the legacy challenge any easier. :p

Plus most of the facial templates in the game are UGLY. At least Sims 3 had normal-looking townies.
    Ikr? Only the first two facial templates are decent. The others just suck, so I use some default replacement templates now (no more scary sims!).

And don't get me started on those pudding faces :s
    oh3cjs.jpg
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

Ikr? Only the first two facial templates are decent. The others just suck, so I use some default replacement templates now (no more scary sims!).

And don't get me started on those pudding faces :s

YES. The first two are handsome/gorgeous. Some other one looks alright. Then the rest are ugly. I'm sure Pinstar would understand when I de-uglify my legacy spouses. Eventually, the wishing well and the psychic will keep giving you ugly sims anyway.

The pudding faces are alright in comparison. :0

• tisvana18tisvana18 Posts: 33 Member
    There are mods for all of those things. I don't know what they're called, but I have all of them (except for any that replace the default face templates. I don't know why, I somewhat enjoy the ugly townies. With the right hair and makeup, all can be made well!)

The Sims 3 had normal looking facial features, but my townies had no sense of fashion. It's like they were all dressed by a toddler I tell you!
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    I do that too. (I still play 2 regularly).
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
    tisvana18 wrote: »
    There are mods for all of those things. I don't know what they're called, but I have all of them (except for any that replace the default face templates. I don't know why, I somewhat enjoy the ugly townies. With the right hair and makeup, all can be made well!)

The Sims 3 had normal looking facial features, but my townies had no sense of fashion. It's like they were all dressed by a toddler I tell you!

I never really bothered with the template/archetype replacements. When I play Pleasantview, I mostly intermarry the premade sims. My legacy was finished 4 years ago, so the ugly townie problem hasn't bothered me since. :D
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    I do that too. (I still play 2 regularly).

I go back to TS2 every now and then. Granted I don't play it as often as I'd like, but I still have other games I want to finish and experience. :p Whenever I do, I still don't get tired of playing. That's the magic of Sims. *rainbows and sparkles*