Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just a Reminder;

Comments

• SeamoanSeamoan Posts: 1,323 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    lol, why the worry about a "real" bear in the game. I really don't get it. All the expense and work for what? What would a real bear add to the game? I am just curious.

How about life simulator, immersion?

Hmmm. How many times do you run in to a bear in your rl? Or a werewolf, alien, vampire etc? I don't buy the "life simulator" excuse.

If they did a real bear in GF, then people would be complaining that they can't leave their tents and campgrounds while vacationing because a bear is on the loose. lol

I get your general point, but this is a bad example. I've done a lot of camping in my life and have run into bears (and mountain lions) quite a few times. There's a reason why people that go camping are advised to take certain precautions against attracting animals to their campsite and things like "bear spray" exist in real life and not just in cartoons. You are essentially sleeping in their house, it's pretty common for them to check you out. EA could've easily simulated a bear and handled it like in real life with some kind of spray or something along those lines, they didn't flesh it out enough and that guru made a dumb statement.

Now back to your originally scheduled thread programming of bickering over which game edition is best of them all.
  • TeresitaTeresita Posts: 630 Member
    Teresita wrote: »

Beg your pardon. I know of at least ten people who aren't coming back and it's not only due to this game but what has been said to customers by EA. I'm sorry you are afraid the negative feedback will make your game disappear. But you better be hoping they actually read the negative feedback and try to fix this game or game over.

Negative feedback isn't going around every thread shutting peoples ideas down with: "NOT POSSIBLE, TOO EXPENSIVE, LOL."

Came out of the Guru's mouth
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/841707/sarah-holding-says-that-ts4-tech-is-more-limiting-than-ts3-was/p1

Wasn't one of the original "too hard too expensive" way back when OR released and people were asking about the bear?
    There is no "bear" only a fur suit

Which is what started the bear conversation. People were asking for a real bear and one of the Gurus started the too hard too expensive conversation.
    lol, why the worry about a "real" bear in the game. I really don't get it. All the expense and work for what? What would a real bear add to the game? I am just curious.

Hmmm. How many times do you run in to a bear in your rl? Or a werewolf, alien, vampire etc? I don't buy the "life simulator" excuse.

If they did a real bear in GF, then people would be complaining that they can't leave their tents and campgrounds while vacationing because a bear is on the loose. lol
    I really agree with this person here. I sure won't find many fun things to do with a functioning pet bear.

But a fur suit?
    hqdefault.jpg

I'd pay top price for that! This content is better left with a Late Night/Hot Date EP
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Hermitgirl wrote: »

Beg your pardon. I know of at least ten people who aren't coming back and it's not only due to this game but what has been said to customers by EA. I'm sorry you are afraid the negative feedback will make your game disappear. But you better be hoping they actually read the negative feedback and try to fix this game or game over.

Negative feedback isn't going around every thread shutting peoples ideas down with: "NOT POSSIBLE, TOO EXPENSIVE, LOL."

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/841707/sarah-holding-says-that-ts4-tech-is-more-limiting-than-ts3-was/p1

Wasn't one of the original "too hard too expensive" way back when OR released and people were asking about the bear?

Which is what started the bear conversation. People were asking for a real bear and one of the Gurus started the too hard too expensive conversation.

Which has been made fun of furiously. I wonder why the Gurus rarely post here? Hmmm... wonder..

I don't know- they have the power. They should be able to chat and talk. They hide so much that it's kinda scary to see one.

They just need to step out and talk. There are NOT so many people who take things out of context but there are a lot of Simmers who remember if something is said wrong.

I feel for them, I do but they really need not fear their own site. They must know that most here love the game even if we're not all happy with it.

I don't get most of you (3rd person) who stand up for the game as if we're (the others) here just to annoy. I'm here... hanging on by a CAW/Artist/TS2 topic and yet, give me something to jump into TS4 and I would.

Is that for me? I guess I find myself wondering what's the point in running around idea threads shutting peoples ideas down.

Who is running around in ideas thread? You mean like when happy campers came in my idea thread and said they like something about the game just like it is? Yeah, players who love the TS4 don't want to compromise do they? I mean they got mad because some of us requested the loading screen color be changed due to migraines, and they added those greyed plumbbobs to help with the color, however, I saw where someone went off and tore a hole in people who had requested it, myself included.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member
    edited July 2015

Bears are capable of so much more. Tell me this doesn't fit the weird story angle https://youtu.be/I-yqvT8vKZc (For those afraid to click it's a bear swimming in a pool)

[img]http://tgr_prod.s3.amazonaws.com/kickapps/PHOTO_16886537_75233_8097810_ap.jpg[/img]

I live in bear country. Black bears, so out in the woods we take things to protect us. Just in case. Not down in the town, oh wait I'm wrong just last week one was at the high school, rangers said coming down for food.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member

Which has been made fun of furiously. I wonder why the Gurus rarely post here? Hmmm... wonder..

I don't know- they have the power. They should be able to chat and talk. They hide so much that it's kinda scary to see one.

They just need to step out and talk. There are NOT so many people who take things out of context but there are a lot of Simmers who remember if something is said wrong.

I feel for them, I do but they really need not fear their own site. They must know that most here love the game even if we're not all happy with it.

I don't get most of you (3rd person) who stand up for the game as if we're (the others) here just to annoy. I'm here... hanging on by a CAW/Artist/TS2 topic and yet, give me something to jump into TS4 and I would.

Is that for me? I guess I find myself wondering what's the point in running around idea threads shutting peoples ideas down.

Who is running around in ideas thread? You mean like when happy campers came in my idea thread and said they like something about the game just like it is? Yeah, players who love the TS4 don't want to compromise do they? I mean they got mad because some of us requested the loading screen color be changed due to migraines, and they added those greyed plumbbobs to help with the color, however, I saw where someone went off and tore a hole in people who had requested it, myself included.

I'm one of those "happy campers" and I spoke out against those poking holes at the TS4 loading screen change. Wanna know what I got for it? Lols. Please don't mix us all up in the same boat, we don't all come into your treads to demolish what you say.

hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Seamoan wrote: »

I get your general point, but this is a bad example. I've done a lot of camping in my life and have run into bears (and mountain lions) quite a few times. There's a reason why people that go camping are advised to take certain precautions against attracting animals to their campsite and things like "bear spray" exist in real life and not just in cartoons. You are essentially sleeping in their house, it's pretty common for them to check you out. EA could've easily simulated a bear and handled it like in real life with some kind of spray or something along those lines, they didn't flesh it out enough and that guru made a dumb statement.

Now back to your originally scheduled thread programming of bickering over which game edition is best of them all.

I realize that too. BUT, they don't keep the hermit in the hermit world, and they don't reserve grimmy for soul collecting only. We already have it so that sims in other worlds get a tense moodlet from just being around a supposed bear who is not even in costume. How long before the bear migrated to more populated locations (other neighbourhoods)?

IF they could have coded the bear to stay in the camping world it would be different, but they are connecting everything so the bear would end up roaming all the neighbourhoods. Which would be a PITA if you ask me.

I guess it's okay enough for me when my sims get stung by bees or perfumed by the stink bugs when collecting.

I think no matter what, some people would complain either way whether it was a real bear or not.

Just my opinion on it.
    Amiutza wrote: »

I'm one of those "happy campers" and I spoke out against those poking holes at the TS4 loading screen change. Wanna know what I got for it? Lols. Please don't mix us all up in the same boat, we don't all come into your treads to demolish what you say.

And I never thought you did. I was only giving an example where people who like the TS4 just as is, often come into feedback and or ideas and dis those requesting a change about something. And nines times out of ten it is because it would be a particular player as myself or someone else who has strong opinions. If anyone understands, it's like calling the kettle black. It's not just people with negative views of this game with good reason I might add, but those who feel it's a child and needs protected for even suggesting what they want changed or tweaked or fixed or whatever. Some on either side are very unwilling to compromise because they have an unnatural attachment to it. I don't paint everyone with one stroke, I'm well aware of who trolls and who don't and honestly may have an actual different view.
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

I really agree with this person here. I sure won't find many fun things to do with a functioning pet bear.

But a fur suit?

Guess you never heard of the furries.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • TeresitaTeresita Posts: 630 Member
    edited July 2015

But a fur suit?

Guess you never heard of the furries.

What rules? The developers made that into the game (Outdoor Retreat). I'm so proud of them

oohh lol! I'm going cross-eyed again
  • AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member

And I never thought you did. I was only giving an example where people who like the TS4 just as is, often come into feedback and or ideas and dis those requesting a change about something. And nines times out of ten it is because it would be a particular player as myself or someone else who has strong opinions. If anyone understands, it's like calling the kettle black. It's not just people with negative views of this game with good reason I might add, but those who feel it's a child and needs protected for even suggesting what they want changed or tweaked or fixed or whatever. Some on either side are very unwilling to compromise because they have an unnatural attachment to it. I don't paint everyone with one stroke, I'm well aware of who trolls and who don't and honestly may have an actual different view.

I just want to throw this in: while I might not like some people's ideas, I understand that it's something they wish for and if it ends up happening, I'll just have to deal with it or not buy it if it comes as DLC. I would never oppose changes that add to the gameplay however, because I really wish more people would like the game and for this community to stop being this divided.

hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color

I just want to throw this in: while I might not like some people's ideas, I understand that it's something they wish for and if it ends up happening, I'll just have to deal with it or not buy it if it comes as DLC. I would never oppose changes that add to the gameplay however, because I really wish more people would like the game and for this community to stop being this divided.

Agreed. I never bought all the EPs for TS3. A few weren't my cup of tea like WA. However, I want the core game play to offer more options. Say for those who like to be told what to do a button to keep it that way. And a player like me who likes sandbox more, a button for me to figure out how I get that promotion without being told how to do that like we had in the TS2. Totally up to me where to go or what to do to get a skill or a promotion like in the older games. And like in the doctor's career, I wish there was no hand holding..turn off button, lol and let me just play at the hospital and get my promotions when ever I was ready. If people can't agree with sandbox then I don't know what to say.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited July 2015

I was? I had no idea I was doing that. :(
  • TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    Oh MY!
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-31116-1332427366-9.gif
    Hitting it back and forth now,,,,,,,,,serve,,,,,,and,,,,,swing,,,,,,bounce,,,,swing,,,,,,bounce,,,,swing,,,, :p

While I mostly agree with you, I still feel that I have a voice too. And it's why I will always speak up against things I don't want. (Especially story progression if it interferes with my played rotations in any way).

I don't care about CASt, but if they make it a separate program like S2 body shop I am fine with it. I don't care about open world, but if they open up the neighbourhoods I am fine with that.

Compromise is okay by me, but I want to play the game my way too.

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I'm so afraid to Lol People now because they might think I was laughing at them when I'm only laughing With Them- If I lol you, it's cause you're Awesome! Cupcake_zps1mglztt2.png

When I get lol'ed- I know it's cause I'm Awesome.

While I mostly agree with you, I still feel that I have a voice too. And it's why I will always speak up against things I don't want. (Especially story progression if it interferes with my played rotations in any way).

I don't care about CASt, but if they make it a separate program like S2 body shop I am fine with it. I don't care about open world, but if they open up the neighbourhoods I am fine with that.

Yes, but didn't you make threads about make the story progression leave your played Sims alone? or threads about the culling? Well, that is the same thing as some of us supposedly in the negative camp by some standards are saying. But when we make those posts we get mashed and bashed but if it's a player who enjoys the TS4 for the most part they get supported. There is a fine line here who is seen as a good poster and a bad. As I said some of your threads have also been pretty harsh on EA. I read them. But I didn't see anyone coming into them and telling you to get off the forums like they do for a few of us who have probably just posted more of the same things as you did, just more of it.
  • dorendia122dorendia122 Posts: 6,961 Member
    Sweet Jesus this thread has grown o.o
    Gmmov8T.gif
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Sweet Jesus this thread has grown o.o
    And not in a good way...
    oh3cjs.jpg
    edited July 2015
    I'm so afraid to Lol People now because they might think I was laughing at them when I'm only laughing With Them- If I lol you, it's cause you're Awesome! Cupcake_zps1mglztt2.png

When I get lol'ed- I know it's cause I'm Awesome.

Nah, I know why I was lolled. LOL ahaha, I'm lolled so I can win the 'hated personality' contest!!! YAY!

Yes, but didn't you make threads about make the story progression leave your played Sims alone? or threads about the culling? Well, that is the same thing as some of us supposedly in the negative camp by some standards are saying. But when we make those posts we get mashed and bashed but if it's a player who enjoys the TS4 for the most part they get supported. There is a fine line here who is seen as a good poster and a bad. As I said some of your threads have also been pretty harsh on EA. I read them. But I didn't see anyone coming into them and telling you to get off the forums like they do for a few of us who have probably just posted more of the same things as you did, just more of it.

I made a thread about my played sims being affected and given jobs with GTW. And yes, I complained about it because it was not supposed to happen to played/rotational sims. They have remedied that.

But no. I have never said anything about culling and don't post in those threads because I play aging off and age them up myself. I don't play a generational game so the culling doesn't affect my play style.

I rarely create threads. I think you have me confused with someone else.
  • boysenberry11boysenberry11 Posts: 19 Member
    I wanted to comment on this thread, but boy this thread is intense. I'm sweating just reading it. I'm tense. SIMS 4 tense. :s

I made a thread about my played sims being affected and given jobs with GTW. And yes, I complained about it because it was not supposed to happen to played/rotational sims. They have remedied that.

But no. I have never said anything about culling and don't post in those threads because I play aging off and age them up myself. I don't play a generational game so the culling doesn't affect my play style.

No, they haven't. It happened the last time I played long after they said they fixed it. Some of my Sims had different jobs. I think one, yes, one was the chief of police but she actually owned a furniture store. It wasn't fixed yet, not in my game. I checked on them when we got Newcrest then hung it up after I wrote down what still needs fixed or 'new' problems which I forgot to tell them. Some houses and Sims don't show up on the maps in the new town or in Willow Creek. I just today decided I would come and tell them and why I was here to start with. lol

No, they haven't. It happened the last time I played long after they said they fixed it. Some of my Sims had different jobs. I think one, yes, one was the chief of police but she actually owned a furniture store. It wasn't fixed yet, not in my game. I checked on them when we got Newcrest then hung it up after I wrote down what still needs fixed or 'new' problems which I forgot to tell them. Some houses and Sims don't show up on the maps in the new town or in Willow Creek. I just today decided I would come and tell them and why I was here to start with. lol

As far as I know, it is fixed. Mind, I have not been to every household, but those that I have played have not been given another job by the game and I did go around and make them all quit the jobs the game gave them.. Owning a store does not count as a career for some reason. Make her quit as chief of police and see if the game gives her another job.

I have no idea why some of your houses are not showing up. I haven't run across that.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

The fix to assigning jobs to played Sims in rotation did not include removing jobs that had been previously assigned by the game. The fix took the played Sims out of the job assigning/removal SP.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.