Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to Lose Your Ugliness in Ten Generations- A Bella Birth

Comments

• pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Are you playing pop music? That will lead to more girls being born. If you play alternative and eat carrots, you birth more boys. ;) Love your story!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    @pammiechick Part of my rules is to not influence gender. I know that you do that with music and food, so i carefully watch out to not eat anything that influences that and i put the radio in the family inventory when they are pregnant.
    Thank you for reading my story!
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    Hailey is gorgeous! I can see why you were disappointed with the lack of ugly haha
    @ThePlumbob I promise you her teenage self will suprise you even more...
  • Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    Cute girls!
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • BabyCarrotzBabyCarrotz Posts: 950 Member
    Lol it's funny how the baby daddies here are all jerks! :D
    PEEt1Hh.gif?1
    @TamaraGrey94 Most people here have told me they think Savanna is pretty. I think i just was in love with Valentina's great genetic mixture of her parents from the beginning, that's why i chose her as the heir.

@BabyCarrotz I wanted to say you're wrong and that Paul, Savanna's dad has been quite nice to both her and Cassia and than i rememvered that he was married with kids and Cassia had no problems to seduce him lol
    edited July 2015
    Money Problems

Eventhough Valentina had the reward trait frugal, her bills still turned out to be too expensive to pay after the big move. All she had left was barely enough to feed the whole family. She swore to work hard to not let it come to the Landgraab society shutting of her power and water and focused on this goal, but all this worrying started to make her feel an itching she hadn't felt since she met Hailey's father.
    kdmhzs.jpg

Back at home, Valentina tried to ignore these strange feelings and also acted like nothing was wrong to not worry her children. She helped them with their homework and told them how happy she was they were finally able to do them on a proper table together.
    Both Bella and Hailey agreed that they felt comfortable in their new house, eventhough it wasn't fully furnished and they hated that Valentina now looked after them doing their homework.
    Valentina knew moving back to the cheaper house was not an option anymore and that she had to stay strong, but it was so hard to keep a smile on her face with all her money troubles. The itching grew stronger...
    2vneusj.jpg

..until she finally broke down and called a guy she knew since her teen years, who hadn't been cute enough to be considered a baby daddy. She needed something to distract her from her troubles and this guy was the right choice. Valentina wasted no time with long introductions and made sure the guy knew what she was after.
    Random Guy: "I'm so glad you finally called m..mMMmmmmMm!"
    10o02eo.jpg

After some intense romantic book reading, Valentina felt a lot better and forgot about her worries...or at least supressed the thought about them.
    Random Guy: "Valentina, that was so great! I'm so glad you finally called me! I'm your boyfriend and i have been worried sick about you!"
    Valentina: "My boyfriend?! Ah...yeah right, (i needed one to fulfill my aspiration to become a serial romantic) i almost forgot about that. Ehm... See you later (never again), i guess?"
    5e7n08.jpg

Next night the worries kept creeping back into her thoughts, so Valentina called up Alexander who had become pretty old since she last saw him but she didn't care one bit and showed him "The Tent". She hoped it would make her feel better again, but with the date of her having to pay the bills before water and power would be shut off coming nearer and nearer, it didn't really work.
    dg2j9e.jpg

But Valentina didn't want to realize the real problem, because than she would have to accept the fact that she had wasted valuable time with distracting herself instead of working on fixing it. So she called Hailey's dad the same night and even was so careless as to bring him into her home. Luckily, the girls were deep asleep.
    This time, the intense romantic book-reading actually did help..not only with distracting her, but she came up with an idea what to do while she had to fake being interested in her old flame.
    Valentina: "Thanks, you really helped me!"
    Hailey's Dad:"No problem. Call me any time you like!"
    Valentina:"Nope. Bye!"
    10dw0gp.jpg

She was so happy and relieved, she ran out half-naked out of the house and kissed a total stranger that was just walking by. Somehow this kiss felt different than all her romantic adventures before, but she couldn't really tell why...
    14bnbxc.jpg

Next day at work, Valentina put her plan into action by flirting with her not very attractive coworker who had been promoted and now had the power to give her a salary rise. It worked and she knew she would be able to pay her bills the second she came home.
    Another female coworker of her whom she didn't really know saw both of them flirting and got really angry. Valentina didn't know why. Had the coworker heart her conversation ? But she had been very discreet... and why did the coworker look a little familiar?
    6jlz4n.jpg

To be continued...

Meanwhile...

Cassia: "Do you have a problem with my daughter reading around with different men instead of earning money to pay her bills? Just say so and i'll show you how much invisible fists can hurt you! I'm not embarrased at all for her!"
    2yjzp8h.jpg
    Post edited by Anemone7 on
  • SilverDaybreakSilverDaybreak Posts: 2,080 Member
    Hi Marcellala: Nice to meet you. I read the first update of your challenge this morning from the Writer's Challenge thread but I guess my post got too big and the site would let me post it, so I'm commenting here. Have now read the updates found on the first two pages and I must say that you're well on your way to getting your 'beautiful' Sim although I like all of Cassia's children so far. Beauty is found within and each of them have their own endearing qualities. Will try to read more when I get a chance.

Silver

PS My stories are found in my 'Silvers Campfire Stories' thread'. I don't get many visitors there so, it's usually found on or around page 3-4. Hope that you can visit me there, too.
    The random boyfriend part had me in stiches! Valentina is such a heartbreaker - her name seems quite fitting! :)
    @ThePlumbob The funny thing is, i totally forgot about this guy and his status until i worked on the *kiss ten sims"-goal of the serial romantic aspiration (the woohoing was mainly because they don't have a TV yet and Valentina needed fun lol). They really need to add a feature where a sim ends a relationship autonomously if you don't call them for over two sim weeks.. i kind of felt bad for this guy because i couldn't even end the relationship or Valentina would have been sad.
    Her name is randomized (i'm plummy with names) and her aspiration as well, it's funny that they fit the challenge so good.
    marcellala wrote: »
    @ThePlumbob The funny thing is, i totally forgot about this guy and his status until i worked on the *kiss ten sims"-goal of the serial romantic aspiration (the woohoing was mainly because they don't have a TV yet and Valentina needed fun lol). They really need to add a feature where a sim ends a relationship autonomously if you don't call them for over two sim weeks.. i kind of felt bad for this guy because i couldn't even end the relationship or Valentina would have been sad.
    Her name is randomized (i'm plummy with names) and her aspiration as well, it's funny that they fit the challenge so good.

Yes, they could have the other sim call you and angrily say it's over because you've been ignoring them! That would be awesome!
    That was one of the best things about TS3 lol. It always made me laugh when I got that call.
    forum_final.png

Jes2G wrote: »
    That was one of the best things about TS3 lol. It always made me laugh when I got that call.

That was a thing?! My sims always ended up marrying their boy- or girlfriends, so i didn't know.
    edited July 2015
    Will Hailey be a pretty teen and who is this mysterious, angry co-worker...Find out in the next episode "Birthday Parties"!
    fef0ba.jpg

That was a thing?! My sims always ended up marrying their boy- or girlfriends, so i didn't know.

Oh yeah! It was glorious lol. Relationships decayed so much faster in that game, I feel. I always hated when my Sims had jobs that required x number of friends. Felt like I spent half of their days making phone calls to upkeep these relationships lol.
    forum_final.png

Will Hailey be a pretty teen and who is this mysterious, angry co-worker...Find out in the next episode "Birthday Parties"!
    fef0ba.jpg

It's the guy's mother LOL. Just kidding.
    forum_final.png

fef0ba.jpg

It's the guy's mother LOL. Just kidding.

You'll have a lot of opportunities theorizing, because this section will be a permanent newcomer. xD
    Yeees!
    forum_final.png

Birthday Parties

Everyone felt a little depressed, because the house looked empty, Cassia ate all the good food and Alexander visited often and tried to be nice to his daughter Bella but was always a jerk.
    I had to change the mood in the Turpis household and i thought Hailey's upcoming birthday would be a perfect opportunity to brighten everyone's day by throwing a marvelous party!
    11vs7kh.jpg

Valentina didn't know too many people and so she also invited the grumpy, old co-worker next to Savanna and Hailey's dad, Philipp. Valentina also wanted to know why the woman had been so upset when she had seen her flirting with her boss Bryant.Maybe they were secret lovebirds? Valentina hadn't always been the most moral person in the world, but she was not one to destroy a relationship, she had proven that already in her teen years. Sadly, the woman didn't want to talk to her, eventhough she still came.
    Hailey didn't care about all that drama and was just happy to age up to get her chance to be the heir of generation three.
    fef0ba.jpg

Hailey wasn't as pretty as her child-self had suggested. Her body looked a little to out of proportion and her eyebrows were way too high to be considered a beauty, but since she was only a third generation child, no one expected her to look like one. I was at least cured of favouriting an eligible heir because of their child-self and happy that there would still be work for me to do, even if Hailey would become generation three's heir.
    She grew up to be Createvily Gifted and Romantic as princesses should be. She wanted to become a Nerd Brain like her sister and she was also a Quick Learner, which she had proven by getting an A in elementary school.
    2qa7bf8.jpg

While Hailey was dressing up to prepare for the "teenage-part" of her party, the rest of the guests and family ate the delicious strawberry-cake Valentina had baked for her.
    Valentina:: "Sooooo...Phillip. how are you doing?"
    Valentina tried to ignore how angrily her co-worker stared at her as soon as she started to speak. It had grown more intense since she adressed Philipp, who was obviously still in love with her.
    Philipp:"Ohhh, thanks for asking. i'm so happy you invited my mother Hailee to this party, too . She had never met Hailey before, eventhough she's obviously named after her! Hailey is such a beautiful and cultivated young woman, don't you agree, mother?"
    Hailee:: "...Yes, she is. Unlike her mother! Look, Phillip, i need to tell you something but i didn't want to during my grandchild's birthday, but...!"
    Valentina:"Ehm... nice to meet you, Hailee (i didn't know that was your name!) *whispers* Help me Savanna, quick, i don't want Hailey's birthday to end in a drama!!"
    Savanna:"Oh guys, my birthday is today, too! And my house is bigger and more luxurious, let's party there!"
    dmupfm.jpg

Savanna:"Good thing we were able to get rid of Hailee's memory by using my upgraded monster-vaccum-cleaner!"
    Valentina:"Thanks for lying to lure her here, but what are we going to do about Phillip? He's still here!"
    Savanna: "Oh, no worries, it's really my birthday today."
    Valentina: "But how is that even possible?! You're younger than me! And why are you living with your son in the Goth household?! Where's Alexander, he wasn't he in my house just this morning..and why was your monster-vaccum-cleaner not hungry this time?!?! "
    Savanna: "Who cares?! Let's partyyyy!"
    23wwft0.jpg

While everyone else was running around having fun, Savanna dragged Bella into the kitchen and became very serious all of a sudden.
    Savanna:"So, listen. I'm going to become an elder now and my son Jermaine says i should retire from trying to take over the world. You are just as evil as i am and it is your responsibility to continue what i've started and drown this world in chaos!"
    Bella:"I....i don't even know if i want this, aunt. I mean, of course i have my evil times, but i also like people because i'm an outgoing person.. I could never do this to them!"
    Savanna:"I would love to force you to become a public enemy, but i guess i can't anymore. Listen, this is you father's family home and whenever you're ready to accept your inheritance, come here and search for the secret door!"
    Random Woman: (My Herbert came here to deliver a package and has never returned. Now i finally know what happened to him. I always knew deep in my heart..this woman is pure evil and bad plum crazy! It was important to risk all to come here today...I will tell the secrent agent that helped me invade this party everything like i promised... this isn't the end!)
    11m6jjt.jpg

After she had said what she needed to say, Savanna was ready to age up to an elder and let the past rest. She knew she was able to overcome her evil ways for the sake of her son. Valentina, on the other hand, had more problems to restrain herself, especially when man looked as good as the party caterer.
    2z52og4.jpg

She started to flirt with him right in front of Phillipp, totally forgetting about her wanting to avoid drama for her daughter's sake. Phillipp got really mad as he finally realized what Valentina really felt for him: Nothing. But he knew that she had never promised him anything and he also didn't want to taint Hailey's special day with a nasty fight, so he simply left the double-birthday party.
    f3c4dy.jpg

To be continued...

Announcement!

As you all know, this generation has more than one eligible heir. I don't have a favourite this time and this makes it even harder. That's why i decided to let you vote for YOUR favourite. Not right away, but after these two lovely ladies have aged up to Young Adults...which will be two episodes from now! Who do you think will bring the prettiness one step closer to the Ugly (Turpis) household?

Bella thinks she might be the one, because Hailey didn't turn out to look as good as everyone expected and she is the granddaughter of beatiful Bella Goth. She also still has the Turpis-look to her.
    2m2xufm.jpg

Hailey wants to proof to everyone that she can do it and is training hard and without a pause to look the best she can do on her photo for the poll.
    16atoo2.jpg

Valentina still needs to date a few new people to complete her aspiration and is not an elder yet. Will there be a third eligible heir to choose from?
    6y2r7l.jpg

Meanwhile...

Valentina:"Okay, you had your shot for the "big announcement" of me still being active in searching for a baby daddy. Can i relax on the couch now?"
    Caterer:"hmhm...Babe..? Are you already awake? Wait for me, i'm going to cook you a very special dinner and we'll have a proper date!"
    Valentina: "Ehmm...of course.. how about you go back to sleep first and we'll talk about this later (never)?"
    11lmslt.jpg

Oh they grow up so fast - can't believe Savannah is an elder already (I still love her and her wicked ways haha)
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    Oh they grow up so fast - can't believe Savannah is an elder already (I still love her and her wicked ways haha)

It was pretty surprising when the game decided to age her up before Valentina lol It was really the same day Hailey aged up.
  • swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    Do you have a link to the original Challenge or is it a regular legacy just start with someone not so appealing :#
    suRdkSd.jpg
    edited July 2015
    @schweppes Regular legacies started with an ugly founder and with the goal to make them pretty are called "prettacy". Mine has some special rules i invented for me (short lifespan, only one pregnancy per guy, after a marriage no more babies are allowed to be conceived in that generation), and i don't use a lot of the restrictions Pinstar uses.

I don't know who the inventor of the prettacy playstyle was.