Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just a Reminder;

Comments

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    It does really have to be extra hard for people on the fence between wanting it to get better (for them). I guess I get upset because better for them would make it terrible for me. (Toddlers excluded). I have to be a voice too though. If someone is tearing down something I enjoy I have every right to defend it.
    egTcBMc.png
  • EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    To7m wrote: »
    MsPhy wrote: »
    To each their own. However, when I walk away from a game, I uninstall it and leave. I don't go to the site anymore, I don't post on the forums, I don't wait for updates. I guess just find it odd when people threaten to walk away, yet post on the forums daily. To me, you're holding out, and you're still invested. PS: There's no shame in that at all.

That was me with Sims 3 for the first 1.5 years of its existence. I didn't uninstall it, but I didn't play, didn't go to the forums, didn't think about it, really. I went back to Sims 2 and some other little games I enjoyed. I also did not announce that I was leaving the forum. I mean ... why should anyone care whether I (or anyone else) leaves? I kept in touch with my friends in other venues. I do not have such a sense of self-importance that I feel I must make a dramatic announcement, flip my hair, and storm out, because ... who cares? Seriously.

Yeah I agree there - but it's different for everyone. In my case I only know these people from here. I don't use Skype, Twitter etc so I have to come here to speak to them. Either that or giving them personal details and that just won't be happening.

*shrugs* why does it matter what anyone does? I couldn't care less what other people do my only concern is myself. I just don't like it when people assume what they do everyone else must also do too.

--T
    Plus it is against forums rules to tell others to leave forums. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/801207/updated-forum-rules#latest I never understood that, if the Sims 4 is a great game, why are people that enjoy the game telling others not to post in forums or play the game? It doesn't make logical sense to me. They should be doing positive word of mouth advertising, not negative. If people truly love a game, they shouldn't feel the need to bully Simmers away from anything Sims related. It's like do they hate the game and the franchise that much to tell others not to play it or support it?

I don't believe I told anyone to leave. I simply expressed what I would do if I were walking away.
    My mistake, I thought when I used the word "I" that it was clear I was talking about my person case. xD
    i think you are loosing the point of many peoples it's not about "hate the game" is about want the companie live for his name and pride and don't give half baked games, you have a plenty of good exemple of companies doing bad games then the community "speak loud" then the company if needed stop the game to fix it or others things, you don't see then making silence and holding "hostage fans" with vage words about they games that is what true anger me, like i told the perfect exemple was batman arkham knight, look at what happened with the pc version and how responsability and serious warner and rocksteady studio where doing, warner goes further advise the fans to give back the game and wait for then to fix the game this is the serious level i want from ea and maxis not, just have a team fixing little things here and there add few missing things here and there to make peoples feel like they are listening this is a hold hostage situation and a terrible one where i really feel bad for many users and they complains if i was my self i could really feel embarrassed to using old dirt tricks to keep peoples "hooking at the game".

tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    To each their own. However, when I walk away from a game, I uninstall it and leave. I don't go to the site anymore, I don't post on the forums, I don't wait for updates. I guess just find it odd when people threaten to walk away, yet post on the forums daily. To me, you're holding out, and you're still invested. PS: There's no shame in that at all.
    People are walking away from Sims 4, not the franchise. In fact EA should really start to allow that to sink in.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    edited July 2015
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    It does really have to be extra hard for people on the fence between wanting it to get better (for them). I guess I get upset because better for them would make it terrible for me. (Toddlers excluded). I have to be a voice too though. If someone is tearing down something I enjoy I have every right to defend it.

This! I understand critism and it's much needed with almost any game, but only the people who give understable critism, at least this is a good way to communicate, instead of saying "ooh this sucks" without being clear what you're missing. It's just annoying to work with, luckily most of the people here are clear with what they want. Sadly not all of them, but that could be likewise to Sims 4 fans aswell.

I do always feel like the minority when I actually like the game with how it is though.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2015
    @ponderberries and @MsPhy, I assume those little jabs are aimed toward a few of us such as myself, MsPhy which I announced I left the forums about fifteen days ago, which I did, and you ponderberries, implying if people aren't interested they really should uninstall it. I read this as the hundred of other statements that slyly imply people should leave the TS4 forum.

I'm surprised, because some of you say you are playing TS4 but hang out on the TS2 (Memory Lane) section of the site as well. Though you don't play it anymore? Isn't that right MsPhy? I mean the days I do come here to scan the Memory Lane I see you post quite a bit about a game you no longer play, and I wondered why you are down there in those threads and not up here in the TS4. Hm. You guys really need to petition EA headquarters to separate the forums and give back the TS3 and the old BBS, and then you guys could stay here and be happy without all this negativity.

It's sometimes hard to bypass a thread that is on the front page when we scan topics and it jumps out at you, like No, Thankyou I don't want Toddlers and Glad they are Gone, or Just Reminder...why we shouldn't judge this game too hard etc.

Everyone is 'human' at least I know I am. And as far as announcing leaving taking short vacations from here is a good thing since so many happy campers wished we fell off the side of earth. Well, you know what you should do..beg EA to give me and others back the BBS and the TS3 site so we don't have to bother you ten guys anymore who actually love the TS4 and never post a complaint about it.

Oh, wait, I take that back, some of you do praise it on one hand, and rant about it on the other....should we expect you not to post anymore?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    @Cinebar

Umm maybe people like to play more games than one? Maybe they have things they want improved in the Sims 4 game they actually enjoy playing otherwise to be fixed or improved. I was telling someone the other day I don't even like to post about things that I want improved here because there are posters that take it and run with it. Using whatever little bit of info they get to try to smear others with. When those others are simply wanting certain aspects of a game they really like improved.. bugs ect.
    So what is wrong with praising it and wanting it to get better because you actually enjoy it? I really am baffled.
    egTcBMc.png
    edited July 2015
    I hate this topic because I'm sitting on the fence. On one hand, I completely understand anyone who is angry about toddlers being left out and family play seeming like an afterthought. But on the other, I have enjoyed playing as children more in this game than the past and it's helped me not really get too 🐸🐸🐸🐸 over the toddler thing. I think they are still coming along with a family pack.

And OP, you do have a point but it's kind of null and void because toddlers were not in the base game. Lacking family play and a focus on YA and A is one thing because yes, they have always kind of focused on that in the early EPs and such. But this time around they not only did that, but took out a whole life stage for absolutely no reason other than time constraints, budget etc.

My frustration is the lack of physical interactions the kids don't have any. There is no play menu in the pie menu for any Sim other than kids playing pretend which is actually just another talking animations. I'm sorry but how people can say the 'kids' are improved is beyond my reasoning. They built this engine. They did not build the one they bought for the TS3. They were given a lot of line because many felt some of their problems were not their fault in the TS3 since it wasn't their engine. This one is totally on them. If it can't do this or that, etc. then it's not the players' fault, it's their vision, and for that they get no more money from me, until they fully flesh out this game and stop leaning toward one life style. Sorry, I see no improvements in 'kids' as they say. Skilling for linear gameplay isn't my idea of improvements. That is just a mini adult skilling. Where are the physical interactions between Sims? there aren't any.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member

This! I understand critism and it's much needed with almost any game, but like they have the right to voice their opinion, we have the right to voice ours, even if it's "bs" for others. The same reason people defend Sims 3, if you like a game it's natural to defend it to some sort, I mean, people can give critism, but when we're happy with how the way it is we need to stand back and just listen, na-ah, doesn't work that way.

I agree with what you are saying,,,,BUT,,,,,an opinion, complaint and or criticism towards a game is totally different than attacking a poster who posted said criticism, etc. This is where the line is drawn. Voicing an opinion, criticism, etc. is great and is valuable feedback. But so many take it as fact not just a players opinion, then attack said poster or argue trying to make said poster see the light and get back on the path to righteousness, no matter which side the opinion was on.

While defending a game you are just voicing your own opinion which in turn doesn't make it fact for the poster you are defending the game to. It is a viscous cycle that will just continue to go around and around. Those who are disappointed voicing their opinion and those who like trying to defend their opinion.

An opinion is a personal thing and is a fact for that specific person. Usually no amount of proof or opposition can change that fact. So saying what is a fact to you will be a totally different fact to someone else. That is the beauty of being human and everyone is different,,,,Thank God! For it would be a very boring world otherwise!! ;)

Acceptance of all opinions would make this site a much happier place. Embracing each other as simmers,,who have enjoyed playing the sims and would like to in the future. One thing is a fact,,,,we all have love, enjoyed and given many years into TS franchise. So why the hostility when most who are disappointed are only trying to make a better game, not get the game shut down and discontinued. That is what I don't understand. :(
    edited July 2015
    @Cinebar

Umm maybe people like to play more games than one? Maybe they have things they want improved in the Sims 4 game they actually enjoy playing otherwise to be fixed or improved. I was telling someone the other day I don't even like to post about things that I want improved here because there are posters that take it and run with it. Using whatever little bit of info they get to try to smear others with. When those others are simply wanting certain aspects of a game they really like improved.. bugs ect.
    So what is wrong with praising it and wanting it to get better because you actually enjoy it? I really am baffled.
    this means which you prefer a broken game and get everything being "sold" in overpriced stuffs and things like that, because that is what i see here a lot.

games are supposed to evolve is not a matter or just "want or no", get all the games ate E3 and any others games and look at sims 4, the fact of the game was made 32 bit only already was a terrible sin for then where 32 bit is a outdated system which almost none top game companie is doing anymore go to the others branchs of ea and see how much '32 bit only" games they having or go look how much "pack based" games they have(games which need countless packs to feel complete).

i never see any game company come and say which make things is "too difficult and to expensive" to delay or never give then to the game.

while i see they saying which indeed make games is become more and more "expensive" i don't see it being used as excuse for lack of content, i see that being used for "the price" but they give the things in the base game no matter of "how difficult and expensive"

and is a shame have gurus saying which make bears and even "beards" are difficult and expensive to make this really make then look really a low level quality team.
  • emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    Yea.
    The eps of sims 3 were in no particular order and read the brackets:
    Ambitions (single sim)
    World adventures (single sim mainly, how can you call exploring a pyramid family play?)
    Showtime (single sim)
    Late night (single sim)
    Generations (family play)
    Island paradise (single sim, don't get how owning a hotel is family play?)
    Seasons (single sim, I don't know how snow is family play?)
    Into the future (defo single sim)
    University life (single sim)
    Pets (single sim, owning a dog isn't family play)
    Supernatural (single sim)
    Read how many are family play- one is. The big deal isn't family play.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
    Terrylin wrote: »
    I agree with what you are saying,,,,BUT,,,,,an opinion, complaint and or criticism towards a game is totally different than attacking a poster who posted said criticism, etc. This is where the line is drawn. Voicing an opinion, criticism, etc. is great and is valuable feedback. But so many take it as fact not just a players opinion, then attack said poster or argue trying to make said poster see the light and get back on the path to righteousness, no matter which side the opinion was on.

While defending a game you are just voicing your own opinion which in turn doesn't make it fact for the poster you are defending the game to. It is a viscous cycle that will just continue to go around and around. Those who are disappointed voicing their opinion and those who like trying to defend their opinion.

An opinion is a personal thing and is a fact for that specific person. Usually no amount of proof or opposition can change that fact. So saying what is a fact to you will be a totally different fact to someone else. That is the beauty of being human and everyone is different,,,,Thank God! For it would be a very boring world otherwise!! ;)

Acceptance of all opinions would make this site a much happier place. Embracing each other as simmers,,who have enjoyed playing the sims and would like to in the future. One thing is a fact,,,,we all have love, enjoyed and given many years into TS franchise. So why the hostility when most who are disappointed are only trying to make a better game, not get the game shut down and discontinued. That is what I don't understand. :(

Yeah, changed my original post since I re-read it, I was thinking about people being mad at people liking the game, sorry for the confusing!
    I totally understand you, and meaning to say to my original post (that I edited to the correct one) I do agree with people giving clear critism, as in "if we had more interactions, or *insert critism that helps the game here*" it's totally okay, it helps the game, big time! I was mostly talking about the people that are saying "Oooh Sims 4 sucks because it's ugly (mostly against the Sims 4 players", some revere that to "critism" but this is where I find some people odd, because they're not giving clear opinions about something, which is confusing and getting annoying.

Like you said, if we would all be a bit more accepting about other peoples opinions it would be indeed a much better place, but it would be nice if people would stop nagging to eachother for playing a certain game, that I do not understand, no need to be rude to someone enjoying what they paid for, or the other way around (not enjoy something that they paid for and deliver critism that can help the game).

Again, sorry for the confusion!
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
    Ellessarr wrote: »
    @Cinebar

this means which you prefer a broken game and get everything being "sold" in overpriced stuffs and things like that, because that is what i see here a lot.

games are supposed to evolve is not a matter or just "want or no", get all the games ate E3 and any others games and look at sims 4, the fact of the game was made 32 bit only already was a terrible sin for then where 32 bit is a outdated system which almost none top game companie is doing anymore go to the others branchs of ea and see how much '32 bit only" games they having or go look how much "pack based" games they have(games which need countless packs to feel complete).

No I don't like a "broken game". You think it's a broken game .. I don't. I think it is a very good game and I enjoy playing it. I don't like to be accused of settling or encouraging EA to make broken games. Especially as I didn't like S3 at all it gave me no enjoyment. I suppose I should have stayed on the forums and made my point over and over again about how bad S3 was to me and how everyone buying it was just encouraging EA to sell a bad product?
    egTcBMc.png
    emmaning wrote: »
    Yea.
    Ambitions (single sim)
    World adventures (single sim mainly, how can you call exploring a pyramid family play?)
    Showtime (single sim)
    Late night (single sim)

And it's a no brainer, (but I don't agree those EPs are singular) the base games held the gameplay and so yes, things like Late Night could be for a single Sim and or a couple or a group going out on the town, however, no brainer, base game held the fleshed out interactions physical and social talking where as the TS4 does not. There is nothing in the TS4 but social talking interactions in it's base. Using an object is discounted you are missing the points like others...no brainer, gameplay between Sims were in the base games...therefore they could offer an EP for a single life style in an EP.
  • jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    If people have to wait until 2016/2017 to get anything family related including toddlers, they'll walk away from the iteration by then. Simmers are patient, but there is a time limit and by then, they will probably move on until the Sims 5 is released. 2017 will be 4 years in, so only one year left of support for the iteration until the Sims 5 is made. Best for Maxis to say once and for all that toddlers and family won't return to the Sims 4 at this point. It's useless and just dangling a rotten carrot by now.

Anyway examples are useless because the Sims 2 and 3 both had toddlers and teens that actually looked like teens. The Sims 4 life stages feel like nothing more than the Sims 1. Pretty much this picture says it all.
    9zuh6p.jpg

Your pictures are flawed there was no young adult in TS2 in the base game. They were missing a life stage, until University Life.
    edited July 2015
    Honestly, when I play this game, I don't see anything missing family wise, so opinions on this may differ, but as you can see below, my game doesn't miss family play (things being added is always fun), so don't tell a game is broken, when others enjoy it the way it is.

Robin & Jake

2v9ak5u.png

Noa, Robin & Jake & the little head in the background is Yona :D

fvuski.png
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • shadowcat85shadowcat85 Posts: 5,219 Member
    edited July 2015
    blewis823 wrote: »
    There will be no toddlers! When will people get that?
    I mean if lounge chairs and cars are too hard and expensive, what makes everyone think they will spend for something complex like an age group?

This game was dry as a piece of toast when it was released and I doubt anything of substance will change that in 2 months. Drink some truth tea and wash it down.

I use to love The Sims but this past year has made me say forget it. :(

Can people stop offering me tea?

*Offers coffee*

Not gonna say anything just sit here and drink coffee I have learned if you say anything someone jumps down your throat and twists your words. Not worth the time on this site.
    tumblr_inline_ne699tiMiG1r36c5t.gif

jimmysnan wrote: »
    If people have to wait until 2016/2017 to get anything family related including toddlers, they'll walk away from the iteration by then. Simmers are patient, but there is a time limit and by then, they will probably move on until the Sims 5 is released. 2017 will be 4 years in, so only one year left of support for the iteration until the Sims 5 is made. Best for Maxis to say once and for all that toddlers and family won't return to the Sims 4 at this point. It's useless and just dangling a rotten carrot by now.

Anyway examples are useless because the Sims 2 and 3 both had toddlers and teens that actually looked like teens. The Sims 4 life stages feel like nothing more than the Sims 1. Pretty much this picture says it all.
    9zuh6p.jpg

Your pictures are flawed there was no young adult in TS2 in the base game. They were missing a life stage, until University Life.

It's relevant since the TS4 only have two sizes. Child and everyone else. Baby is an interactive object, bhavs on the crib and not the baby therefore an object unlike TS2 and TS3 babies.
    'Big happy family!

Robin & Jake (his brother Yona is currently with a friend, Yona is the twin of Jake)

2v9ak5u.png

Noa, Robin & Jake.

fvuski.png

Lovely family!!

• PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited July 2015
    emmaning wrote: »
    Yea.
    Ambitions (single sim)
    Showtime (single sim)
    Late night (single sim)

Maybe it's how you saw them and played them....I didn't play or see them the same.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
    edited July 2015
    @Cinebar

Hm, like that day I posted in Ideas I want build and buy separated and about ten of the same happy campers came into my idea thread to the gurus and not up for discussion, but my own ideas, and said they like it just the way it is. Do you mean needling people like that? yeah, it happens doesn't it? Or the days I posted threads about what "I" need tweaked only to be called a hater...yeah, you are right it happens here quite often.

ETA: And to keep this on topic. You mean like this thread which needs to 'remind us' due to another thread where a person made a thread about they are tired of this game leaning toward single Sim play....which this thread could have been in that one as a rebuttal, but felt necessary to remind players why they shouldn't be complaining and started this thread. Just reminding Simmers they shouldn't be complaining, oh like the other day where the thread must have been deleted that we should be used to things left out and stop complaining about toddlers?

Do you need more examples?

edited July 2015
    @Cinebar

No I don't like a "broken game". You think it's a broken game .. I don't. I think it is a very good game and I enjoy playing it. I don't like to be accused of settling or encouraging EA to make broken games. Especially as I didn't like S3 at all it gave me no enjoyment. I suppose I should have stayed on the forums and made my point over and over again about how bad S3 was to me and how everyone buying it was just encouraging EA to sell a bad product?
    then have bugs for almost a year(incest) have terrible systems(multitask and emotions which making the game don't proper working giving musical chairs, giving sims going to bake others ate toilet and others annoying things which make then looks like a lot of stupi d for a game which a "improved ai" and which random emotions changes lack of reactions and others annoying things) if that things don't means "broken" the problably broken for you must be the game not even run.

again just look around the others games companies and let's see if you see the same level of trouble and what happening when others companies delivery the "broken games" to the fans what "true fans do"(making the companie official appologie and fix things "azap" and probably give refunds), the level of "what is good" compared with any other game i can really say which is low.

smoth and don't crash not aways means supperior quality but also means which the game was made with the most simple programm and scripts to avoid the machine have to work too much and like they told make sure "low machines can run it" and to do that you can't use the "top quality systems since they are created targeting middle to top machines not low.

if this game is supposed to be "cheap" to run in old machines and bla bla bla, then they must at last give a "price" which goes accord to the quality and not goes on "overpriced", we have a lot of indy games which the same quality for much less than sims 4, the only reason they can do that is because "no one is doing it".
    @Cinebar

then have bugs for almost a year(incest) have terrible systems(multitask and emotions which making the game don't proper working giving musical chairs, giving sims going to bake others ate toilet and others annoying things which make then looks like a lot of stupi d for a game which a "improved ai" and which random emotions changes lack of reactions and others annoying things) if that things don't means "broken" the problably broken for you must be the game not even run.

again just look around the others games companies and let's see if you see the same level of trouble and what happening when others companies delivery the "broken games" to the fans what "true fans do"(making the companie official appologie and fix things "azap" and probably give refunds), the level of "what is good" compared with any other game i can really say which is low.

smoth and don't crash not aways means supperior quality but also means which the game was made with the most simple programm and scripts to avoid the machine have to work too much and like they told make sure "low machines can run it" and to do that you can't use the "top quality systems since they are created targeting middle to top machines not low.

if this game is supposed to be "cheap" to run in old machines and bla bla bla, then they must at last give a "price" which goes accord to the quality and not goes on "overpriced", we have a lot of indy games which the same quality for much less than sims 4, the only reason they can do that is because "no one is doing it".

Just shaking my head here.
    egTcBMc.png
    @Cinebar

Just shaking my head here.

*offers coffee and cookie*

'Big happy family!

Robin & Jake (his brother Yona is currently with a friend, Yona is the twin of Jake)

2v9ak5u.png

Noa, Robin & Jake.

fvuski.png

Lovely family!!

That's beautiful :)
    egTcBMc.png
    edited July 2015

Lovely family!!
    Thankyouu! That's so sweet of you!

Didn't Sims 3 have tons of bugs, like, a lot of them, isn't it so it needs tons of mods by others to make the game run? It's still a great game right? So many others play it and even though it's "broken" (can't go on pc's with high specs, tons of bugs) it's still a great game.

You find those interactions "stupid", we find them fun, you can't say everyone thinks so, just like I can't say "everyone should all like sims 4", you can't put your opinion in other peoples mouth (sounded really weird, I do hope you get the point)

Bugs are indeed broken (hence the name), but calling a game broken because YOU find them broken, doesn't mean we think the same. Besides, if a game is broken, it can't be played, I see tons of people playing, without trouble, not only here, but on twitter / instagram & have you seen the amount of Sims 4 simblrs, yeah, it's so broken; people still like playing it, so don't go here telling a game is "broken" just because you think so.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina