Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

#wheresfree - Beary Surprising! 12/05

CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
seenus.png

We need your help!

Freezer Bunny Wolff Tea, Emelia Johnson, and Amina Wolff have gone missing.

You can help find them.

Download Elder Wolff from the Gallery. He is marked with the hashtag #wheresfree. Let Elder roam your games, asking anyone he meets “Have you seen Free?” Include this in your story/blog and tag your post #wheresfree. Let us know through comments here if Elder has been looking for Free, Emelia, and Amina in your games, and we’ll add a link to your blog post on our wheresfree page. Help us find these missing Sims!

Backstory:

Who are Freezer Bunny Wolff Tea (Free-Jon), Emelia, and Amina, and why should I care that they're missing? Check out their backstory to learn more!

Summer Camp: CampCam 0.1
Summer Camp: CampCam 1.1
Summer Camp: What's a Moment
Summer Camp: Storytime 2.1
Summer Camp: Truth or Dare
Summer Camp: Breakfast at the Museum
Summer Camp: Hi Dad.
Summer Camp: The Lyin' Witchin' Wardrobe
Summer Camp: #wheresfree

Free Sightings!

They've been spotted!

The Magic Treehouse - Sims and Such
Space Monsters - Sims and Such
Misadventures - Sims and Such
The Tardis - Sims and Such
Oriented Times Three - Wolff Legacy
Time-Space Oopsie - Wolff Legacy
Apocalypse Later - Wolff Legacy
Chicken Crossing - Wolff Legacy
The Gang's All Here - Wolff Legacy
Ice Cream Headache - Wolff Legacy
Camping in Sixam - Two Blue Peas (Raerei's Fortress)
The Time Travelers - Two Blue Peas (Raerei's Fortress)
Lyin Witchin Wardrobe Part 1 (Raerei's Fortress)
Lyin Witchin Wardrobe Part 2 (Raerei's Fortress)
Vthump! (Houseful of Hippies)

Elder Sightings

Legacies of the Sims - Chapter 14
Story of the Tragic Clown
Greenwood Dormitory
Simdale Valley Post
How to Lose Your Ugliness in 10 Generations
Ricci Legacy
AkramA's Big Brother
Ikeda Legacy
raerei's Sidelines
The Bloomer Legacy
After the Wedding
Spa-Time Adventures at Zig-Zag-Zen (Munterbacon)
Houseful of Hippies: Meet Me In the Gallery
Goldilocks and the Bears
Houseful of Hippies: Loopty Loop
Goldilocks and the Bears
Goldilocks and Bears: The Search Continues
Visiting the Bears

FAQ

Q. Who's Elder, and what's this all about?

A. Elderberry Wolff is the fifth generation spare from @FloorRaisin 's Wolff Legacy. When he came to visit Young Cathy Tea and the Houseful of Hippies during Plum Day, he and Cathy fell in love. It seemed an impossible love at first, for Elder was a teen and Young CT was a young adult. After Plum Day, Elder went home, then his sister Ede helped him to age up early so he could attend @aroseinbloom 's Desert Leaders. When Desert Leaders went on hiatus, Elder came to join Young CT in Hippieville, and that's how Freezer Bunny Wolff Tea came to be!

Q. How do you want this played? Should Elder be a desperate father, or is this light-hearted, or what?

A. You can trust Elder. In my game, he's been mostly autonomous. (I play the Hippies pretty much like a modified ISBI.) So just pop him in your game, and let him be! Please don't use any emotional cheats on him (best if no cheats are used on him at all), and, for the most part, just let him be as autonomous as works with your style of game-play. He's an awesome Sim, and he'll let you know what's going on and how he's interpreting what's happening.

He's pretty psychically aware, so if he's not freaking out, it probably means that he senses on some level that everything's working out ok and he's enjoying the adventure and understanding that Free is enjoying his own adventure, too. Amina Wolff is Elder's niece--and a young adult--and Emelia is some kind of Time-Lord, so with such good companions, there's not a ton to worry about except for the vagaries of Time, Space, and the Game.

Q. Is Elder game-aware?

A. Yes. He, Young CT, Free, and Emelia are all game-aware. It's no big deal to them--just part of their digital lives.

Q. What are you talking about, game-aware?

A. Check out the Simposium for Game-Aware Sims (S-GAS) for more.
Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
Post edited by CathyTea on

Comments

• Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    Oh no, i gotta help! I still need to post two episodes to catch up with my story, but the next thing i'm doing in my game is helping Elder.
    I let you know as soon as i find something!
  • MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    If I can find a way to include it in to my story (they did just land on earth after all) I'll give it a whirl.
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    I'm a bit ahead of my story playing-wise, but I'll pop him in my game, hopefully it will still be relevant by the time I meet him :) Although naturally I do hope that he finds the missing family members as soon as possible!
    Would it be ok to make the episode in a more light-hearted manner or do you want this to be really about searching and a father being desperate? I would want to bring my character's personality into the mix and she´just has a certain way of acting around man...
  • ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    But... This would mean Elder would be in my game....faints.
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    Hahahahaa, OMG such a cute idea. I think I may need to put Elder in one of my LP's and see if we can help him. ;)
  • aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member
    Don't even know what this is about because in so far behind. And probably won't get to include it in my story, but I love it!
  • Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    When I get back from vacation, I'm definitely going to get Henry David to team up with Elder in the search (and maybe some others will join them).
  • RoryPlaysTheSimsRoryPlaysTheSims Posts: 5,330 Member
    Okay, Elder came by the orphanage.

https://legaciesofthesims.wordpress.com/2015/07/06/chapter-14/

I added the tag #wheresfree but I really don't know if I did it right. I hope it pops up.
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    Pegasus143 wrote: »
    When I get back from vacation, I'm definitely going to get Henry David to team up with Elder in the search (and maybe some others will join them).

Fantastic!
    Don't even know what this is about because in so far behind. And probably won't get to include it in my story, but I love it!

Well, it might be still going on when you get back! Plus, Time/Space... you know!
    Hahahahaa, OMG such a cute idea. I think I may need to put Elder in one of my LP's and see if we can help him. ;)

That would be great! Elder is an amazing Sim!
    ra3rei wrote: »
    But... This would mean Elder would be in my game....faints.

Oh. Yes. And Yay! That's the joy of this! We get to spread the amazingness that is Elder! :)
    marcellala wrote: »
    Would it be ok to make the episode in a more light-hearted manner or do you want this to be really about searching and a father being desperate? I would want to bring my character's personality into the mix and she´just has a certain way of acting around man...

Hiya, Marcellala! This should totally be light-hearted! If you check out the back-stories, you'll see it's all pretty light-hearted, tongue-in-cheek, playful and innocent. Plus, Elderberry Wolff is a pretty happy guy. He's always walking around with a smirk and a smile, so... I don't think he CAN act desperate! :) I'll post links to his backstory, too, so that people know who he is...
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    I'm a bit ahead of my story playing-wise, but I'll pop him in my game, hopefully it will still be relevant by the time I meet him :) Although naturally I do hope that he finds the missing family members as soon as possible!

We're not really worried about time continuity, because, you know... time-space thingy! I figure wouldn't it be funny if years from now we see Elders popping up looking for Free even after he's been found ages ago? LOL!
    If I can find a way to include it in to my story (they did just land on earth after all) I'll give it a whirl.

Super cool! And the adventure that Em/Free/Amina are on is pretty out there--so it's ok if they're not even on earth! Elder's a sort of space-oriented Geek, so he'd love an excuse to head out to space!

*Hey! I learned how not to spam!* Or maybe this is just a spam sandwich! :)

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    "Hiya, Marcellala! This should totally be light-hearted! If you check out the back-stories, you'll see it's all pretty light-hearted, tongue-in-cheek, playful and innocent. Plus, Elderberry Wolff is a pretty happy guy. He's always walking around with a smirk and a smile, so... I don't think he CAN act desperate! :) I'll post links to his backstory, too, so that people know who he is..."

Awww crap! I wrote him as a concerned Dad!!!!!
    "Hiya, Marcellala! This should totally be light-hearted! If you check out the back-stories, you'll see it's all pretty light-hearted, tongue-in-cheek, playful and innocent. Plus, Elderberry Wolff is a pretty happy guy. He's always walking around with a smirk and a smile, so... I don't think he CAN act desperate! :) I'll post links to his backstory, too, so that people know who he is..."

That's ok! It's a big universe with room for everything! :)

First Elder-sighting! Legacies of the Sims - Chapter 14

For all we

For all we know, this took place after he's been looking for days and days and is starting to get concerned. (Time being relative and all that). Even the most happy-go-lucky guy will be anxious after days of looking without finding his son.
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
    Oooh - I just thought of an awkward place Elder could end up. I can work on that tonight. Plus I needed to play that save anyway.

I'd love to have him visit Amelia, but that would break the challenge as much as she'd love a ship to pass by, even if it was just for a moment.
  • plastiekzakskeplastiekzakske Posts: 253 Member
    Great idea!!
    I'm in :)
    I'll use it in my next update tomorrow.
    SimLitFinal_zpsxopnjpp8.png
    edited July 2015
    Oooh - I just thought of an awkward place Elder could end up. I can work on that tonight. Plus I needed to play that save anyway.

I'd love to have him visit Amelia, but that would break the challenge as much as she'd love a ship to pass by, even if it was just for a moment.

Maybe a computer chat?

man--all these awesome Sims! We need to have an Awesome SimPosium! Ooo! Mind-blown! I would love for Sugar to meet @JordanNicoleJJ 's Bliss, and for Henrietta to meet Amelia!

Maybe this fall, we can have a conference/party/gathering/camp/spa/retreat for Sims from challenges! That would be so fun!

EDIT: Oh! I just thought of Shelby! That's an awkward place! :open_mouth:

Great idea!!
    I'm in :)
    I'll use it in my next update tomorrow.

Oh, cool! Elder will be in the Sad Clown world? This will be amazing!

edited July 2015
    CathyTea wrote: »

Maybe a computer chat?

man--all these awesome Sims! We need to have an Awesome SimPosium! Ooo! Mind-blown! I would love for Sugar to meet @JordanNicoleJJ 's Bliss, and for Henrietta to meet Amelia!

Maybe this fall, we can have a conference/party/gathering/camp/spa/retreat for Sims from challenges! That would be so fun!

LOL! I guess Shelby *is* currently my heir, being the first born ... thing... from the heir in this generation.

EDIT: I'm trying to decide if we need a third of those monsters, they kind of scare me, but Bane likes them. The awkward place was in my sidelines since I want Cocoa to start experimenting with different dimensions anyway.
    CathyTea wrote: »

Maybe a computer chat?

LOL! I guess Shelby *is* currently my heir, being the first born ... thing... from the heir in this generation.

EDIT: I'm trying to decide if we need a third of those monsters, they kind of scare me, but Bane likes them. The awkward place was in my sidelines since I want Cocoa to start experimenting with different dimensions anyway.

Oooh! That would be cool for him to meet Cocoa!

• AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    I'm about to record HoH competition, I hope you're okay with Elder being a host of this competition!!
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
    AkramA wrote: »
    I'm about to record HoH competition, I hope you're okay with Elder being a host of this competition!!

Very cool!

For all we

For all we know, this took place after he's been looking for days and days and is starting to get concerned. (Time being relative and all that). Even the most happy-go-lucky guy will be anxious after days of looking without finding his son.

@ra3rei Good point! Whew! :)
    @Rorygilmore34 Did you photoshop the flyer into the picture or has so eone created a CC flyer?
    marcellala wrote: »
    @Rorygilmore34 Did you photoshop the flyer into the picture or has so eone created a CC flyer?

@marcellala I used the "snipper tool" on my laptop and took a picture of the Missing poster Cathytea has on the first page of this thread. Then, I used Paint and edited the poster into a game screen shot. :) I'm still a beginner so I used beginner tools.