Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA Cash cards are getting hard to find

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
I tried Target and they told me they don't even sell them. I tried Wal-Mart and they didn't have any. That's were I got the $25 cash card in January for Outdoor Retreat.

Finally I got lucky and found one at Game stop and even they had only 2. I bought one for Spa Day so I don't have to use my credit card on Origin. I like the EA wallet.

Comments

• Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I think that those cash cards are slowly going away because of the $25 cards now. The last time that I had checked, the Walmarts near me don't have any of those $20 cash cards any more. All I saw was the $25 cards. :/
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Why would anyone use credit cards?
    Use PayPal. Less hassle, better security.
  • Options
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    Why would anyone would want to use either of those when pre-payed credit cards, and cash cards are safer to use? :/

• Options
    I can't even find the $25 cards anywhere.
  • Options
    starcrunchstarcrunch Posts: 672 Member

Than credit cards, yes. But those cash cards have such limited funds they're certainly less risky than those options by virtue of their limited funds :smile: . Plus minors can easily use them a lot more easily without running into trouble.
    OriginID: CrunchedStars
  • Options
    I didn't check best buy so I don t know if they had any.
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    My Walmart has tons and tons of Origin cards...

Like no one even touches them my Walmart has so many. :D

I cannot seem to find Steam cards there, but can find Origin cards. :p
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    starcrunch wrote: »

Than credit cards, yes. But those cash cards have such limited funds they're certainly less risky than those options by virtue of their limited funds :smile: . Plus minors can easily use them a lot more easily without running into trouble.
    I marked the most important thing.
    You know how drug addicts sell everything just to get their fix? Well...
    Minors will sell everything from the home just to buy EA cash cards - because their parents won't buy them what they want with Pay Pal.
    Cash cards business IMO should be declared illegal.

• Options
    I can't even find the $25 cards anywhere.
    Really? The last Walmart that I was in just a few days had several of the $25 cards left. Are you sure that they aren't just sold out of those? :/

• Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    edited July 2015
    Germany doesn't have any Origin cash cards. I used another pre-paid cash card, that i can get almost everywhere.. Doesn't Origin have the same option in America?

ETA: The good thing about that option is, that it was a present with also more than twenty on it and OR was fifteen at the time anyway and i could use the rest to buy stuff on Steam :)
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    I think that CLP is over-reacting just a bit here. EA knows that there are a lot of us whom buy stuff for the game with the cash cards. EA will still be paid either way. So it's not like that they will be out any money here. So there's no real reason why they should just stop selling one their biggest sources of income all of a sudden. It's likely that the place that CLP went to were just sold out of the $25 cash cards. :|
  • Options
    KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    The best buy I went to had lots of them did you try looking online? but people still buy the cash cards? I use Paypal for my orders
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    I tried Target and they told me they don't even sell them. I tried Wal-Mart and they didn't have any. That's were I got the $25 cash card in January for Outdoor Retreat.

Finally I got lucky and found one at Game stop and even they had only 2. I bought one for Spa Day so I don't have to use my credit card on Origin. I like the EA wallet.

thanks you for putting a fork in the wound there are no such cards avalable in canadien stores it would be much better if they sold gamepacks as physical disk or put a box with a code to reedem on origin in other word game pack bough in local stores :'(nfr08z.jpg and this kinds of makes me very very angry
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,825 Member
    I know your feeling. Where I leve they aren't even hard to find. They were never produced. :|
    Male. INFP. Virgo.
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    A friend recommended I try the Cash Cards because of the security issues Origin has had in the past so I bought 4 of the $25 Cash cards which after adding tax should cover me for Spa Day, maybe another GP, the next EP and a stuff pack.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    KayxxFanpireKayxxFanpire Posts: 500 Member
    For Lux Party and Perfect Patio my boyfriend got me EA Cash Cards and just recently got me one for Spa Day. They had tons of them at 2 different GameStop's we went to and tons at Walmart as well. So not sure why they are so hard to find in your area CLP :/
    03.22.2013 <3
  • Options
    Memina11 wrote: »

thanks you for putting a fork in the wound there are no such cards avalable in canadien stores it would be much better if they sold gamepacks as physical disk or put a box with a code to reedem on origin in other word game pack bough in local stores :'(nfr08z.jpg and this kinds of makes me very very angry
    I live in the US not Canada.
  • Options
    have2admithave2admit Posts: 2,246 Member
    I'm lazy and just use a credit card. :)
  • Options
    Memina11 wrote: »

Canada must have something similar to a cash card. Have you tried looking everywhere where new video games are sold in Canada? :/

• Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    We have barely any prepaid cards where I live so I end up having to use a toppable card, doesn't anyone know if they work on Origin? xd
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    We have barely any prepaid cards where I live so I end up having to use a toppable card, doesn't anyone know if they work on Origin? xd
    None of us can answer that. You need to contact Origin in what ever country that you currently live in for this information. Sorry that we couldn't be much help to you on this. :(

• Options
    have2admithave2admit Posts: 2,246 Member

It should as long as it has the VISA or MasterCard logo on it. :)
  • Options
    have2admit wrote: »

It should as long as it has the VISA or MasterCard logo on it. :)
    The pre-paid credit card will need a Visa or MasterCard logo on it. But if this Toppable card is anything like a cash card where they live. Then no it doesn't need a Visa or a MasterCard logo on it because it's not a credit card, and doesn't go through like a credit card does. :)

• Options
    makanivalurmakanivalur Posts: 284 Member
    Honestly considering the amount of times my origin account has been hacked despite all my safety precautions (theoretically I can't even do anything without entering a code that's sent to me via text) I am definitely not going to give them my credit card info ever again. It's either prepaid cash cards or no sale for me...
  • Options
    Honestly considering the amount of times my origin account has been hacked despite all my safety precautions (theoretically I can't even do anything without entering a code that's sent to me via text) I am definitely not going to give them my credit card info ever again. It's either prepaid cash cards or no sale for me...
    This is the wisest course of action that anyone can take. I have chosen this way for buying things for the game because it doesn't require you to give out any personal information about your self, and the money has already been sent. Except for the prepaid credit card though, EA will need to get their money from the bank that issued the card. :)