Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Remarks from EA's COO

Comments

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I'm just going to say I'm happy Andrew Wilson got the CEO position.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    Anyone else feel like the only feedback that got passed on was "simmers don't consider themselves to be playing a casual game"? All the rest, no toddlers, etc got lost somewhere... maybe someone ran out of toilet paper.
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @Scobre wrote: »
    I thought this part was interesting:
    "Q: Is that a case of you talking to the studios about what they want to do and trusting them to know how much time they need, or does it come from you?

Peter Moore: It's actually from the studio. The studio will come, we sit down, we have what we call 'key franchise reviews', we have three, four year views of what our portfolio will be. We then sit down with the studio heads and say "Okay, what do you need?"

I know everybody thinks companies like us say "you must deliver the game!" That's not how it happens. The big bad EA forces the game out before...That's not what happens. The studios are in control, they know what their milestones are. If a studio says "Look, we just need the time," they need the time.

We've done that with golf, just recently, certainly did it with Battlefield Hardline last year. Nine times out of ten it's always for the benefit of the player. It's also for the benefit of the franchise, look at Battlefield Hardline. If we had forced it to come out in October and it was a bad experience, that's two strikes on that franchise because we were still reeling a little bit from Battlefield 4, which now is rock-solid and everybody's loving it.

A company like ourselves, that invests billions of dollars every year in building up the games, bringing the games to market, you've got to have a long-term plan. Those plans always change. I could sit here off the top of my head and tell you what's going to ship in FY 18, right now, as regards to the plan. Then I'd sit here in FY 18 and say, "Well now that didn't quite work out the way it is." That's just the way our industry is, but you have to have the discipline to say that if a game isn't going to make it, or if we have to give a game a year off if it's an annual game, that you just fill in with other stuff and make it all happen. That's who we are."

That's such a lie. Devs have spoken out about how EA gives them deadlines.

I mean, we already know TS4 had a delay. Shops even put up posters saying "Coming in March 2014" and those were taken down. And the fact devs had to patch in Pools etc. saying they ran out of time SHOWS that if they were allowed to ask for a delay, they would have.

I'm sure The Sims 3 store team could have worked on more things for a year while they delayed 4.
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Mr. Moore,

I'd like to direct your attention to my signature. I have never expected game content that typically comes in EPs, SPs, or any other pack to come with the base game. I expected a base game, not 70% of one and a bunch of excuses.

I just don't get it. Please stop following "101 Ways to Drive Your Fans Away."
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    They both lie... and blame shift. I don't read these things for the truth, I read it because it's interesting to see how much they miss the mark when they try to tell us what they think we want to hear. It shows how little they understand or care.
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @Shaobun wrote: »
    They both lie... and blame shift. I don't read these things for the truth, I read it because it's interesting to see how much they miss the mark when they try to tell us what they think we want to hear. It shows how little they understand or care.

Well sort of, but SimGuruLyndsay actually inboxed me and said they "We're pretty lucky here at EA" so they don't seem to be blaming EA much. They seem to be taken the blame for funding and things being "expensive" even though EA are the ones that fund them, so it's not their fault.
  • tkwolftkwolf Posts: 362 Member
    "everything's starting to feel good about Sims 4 now."

He's right. Ever since I stopped playing it, I've been feeling just fine. As someone who begrudgingly was going buy everything this game had to offer (I hate that EPs and SPs come with less), I'm very happy with the amount of money I've saved.

Toddlers and family-focused play came 4 or 5 years after TS1, right? So is he saying that we'll just need to wait for TS5 before we get our generational play back? OK, fine I'll wait--with my purse closed.

I stopped playing in the second week of May and have not felt the urge to come back and play the game. I lurk around the forums every now and then to check if there is something worth coming back to. So far...none. Maybe in a year's time.
    INTRODUCING.....TA DA DA DAAAAAA
    SIMS 4! STAR WARS!
    BU7XCq7.jpg
  • JennaDaCapoJennaDaCapo Posts: 190 Member
    Well, start complaining to them more. Maybe out-complain the teeny-boppers. And don't forget - EA once portrayed OSHA as the enemy, and that was in their first game: Hard Hat Mack. Maybe tell them that you're not gonna buy the game for your teeny-bopper kids unless things change. Keep bugging them for a Sims 4 Create A World tool. Maybe you'll get some results.
    @Shaobun wrote: »

Well sort of, but SimGuruLyndsay actually inboxed me and said they "We're pretty lucky here at EA" so they don't seem to be blaming EA much. They seem to be taken the blame for funding and things being "expensive" even though EA are the ones that fund them, so it's not their fault.
    It's true I haven't heard any of them outright blame EA this year. No, they blame the budget or the limited technology. They don't say "we'll find a way" they say "we're listening". They are all dishonest, including Lyndsay. Saying "we're lucky" is probably more PR than honest feeling but I don't know her so I can only have my uninformed opinion. The main thing is what they say is spun the way they think puts them in the best light. If the best that can be said is "we're exploring toddlers" then it shows they didn't see it as priority. If Moore says "fifth relationship" we know he's not keeping a close eye on TS4, maybe it's budget but he's not making design choices for them. Well, I don't mean to be defending EA. I think both EA and maxis aren't listening to us.
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    Shaobun wrote: »
    lyra wrote: »
    Q: "Where's everything in Sims 4?"
    Am I the only one who thinks this question is hilarious :D

Nope. :D

The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
    edited July 2015

I mean, we already know TS4 had a delay. Shops even put up posters saying "Coming in March 2014" and those were taken down. And the fact devs had to patch in Pools etc. saying they ran out of time SHOWS that if they were allowed to ask for a delay, they would have.

I'm sure The Sims 3 store team could have worked on more things for a year while they delayed 4.
    Just quoting what Peter Moore said in that article linked in the OP. I do know the Sims 4 was delayed a bit. But yes the Sims 3 store could have easily done that so it could have been delayed some more.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    I still don't get why people refer to EA as if the people who make The Sims are not part of it.
  • Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member

Yeah, but at the end, the interviewer was playing right into that EA guys hand with asking "Dogs, Vampires..." , as the things that were missing, because thiese are EP things and i think it was planned like this.
    marcellala wrote: »

Yeah, but at the end, the interviewer was playing right into that EA guys hand with asking "Dogs, Vampires..." , as the things that were missing, because these are EP things and i think it was planned like this.
    LOL does that mean we'll get supernatural dogs then? ;) I do love Frankenweenie.
  • TeresitaTeresita Posts: 630 Member
    "Sims 3 players going 'Wait a second'"

He got that part right. Every time this game gets a paid DLC, I always ask, "Where is this___" and "Shouldn't ____ be in the DLC?"
  • Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

Yeah, but at the end, the interviewer was playing right into that EA guys hand with asking "Dogs, Vampires..." , as the things that were missing, because these are EP things and i think it was planned like this.
    LOL does that mean we'll get supernatural dogs then? ;) I do love Frankenweenie.

Best. Idea. Ever.
    Vampiredogs, i'm digging this. The supernatural EP and the Pets EP should totally be compatible!
    Scobre wrote: »

Best. Idea. Ever.
    Vampiredogs, i'm digging this. The supernatural EP and the Pets EP should totally be compatible!
    Yeah it would be really cool and a fun concept. Maxis has to reinvent the pets idea somehow anyways to make it appeal in the 4th generation in.
    edited July 2015
    Vampire dogs kinda freak me out. Maybe robo dogs and vampire cats... I don't know why I'd rather cats be vampires. I guess I think they're already a little scary.

I'd love it if pets and owners traits could complement each other eg: a slob could put his dirty dishes on the floor for the dog to lick clean. Or you could have a staring competition with your cat to get the focused moodlet (or the uncomfortable one if the cat wins).
  • JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    Dear Peter Moore (sorry for copying what others have done),

I am honestly going to say I am disgusted at how you are treating us. "Everything is starting to feel good about the Sims 4 now." It should have been that way from the start. You've lost mine and many others money (not that you care), and I hope if we do get the Sims 5, it has nothing to do with you.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    edited July 2015
    dear Peter moore,

as a simmer and the way i see the sims4 even do i like the sims4 i went to have dishwashers and workable washers and dryers back in game and also there is a major issue i went to see resolve, and that is the way gamepacks are sold on origin i do not mind paying 20$ for a game pack. But would love to have the option to buy the gamepack code at my local retail stores eb games (gamestop) or best buy as well has having the option to buy in my local retail store some ea cash cards or origin cash cards at my local retail stores in canada province of quebec where no such cards are avalable so please make these cards avalable on the canadien market please. So please take the time to fix these issues as well thank you
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Vampire dogs kinda freak me out. Maybe robo dogs and vampire cats... I don't know why I'd rather cats be vampires. I guess I think they're already a little scary.

I'd love it if pets and owners traits could complement each other eg: a slob could put his dirty dishes on the floor for the dog to lick clean. Or you could have a staring competition with your cat to get the focused moodlet (or the uncomfortable one if the cat wins).

You read my mind about the cats lol

And I like the ideas too - thy could do pets so good this time round!

--T
  • TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    This is the same Peter Moore that blames the gamers for resisting change. Bashing gamers for not liking the changes to microtranactions and pay-to-play/Freemium games. I detest the man and his egotistic outlook on how 🐸🐸🐸🐸 gamers are in his opinion, his quote;http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2014/07/ea-coo-peter-moore-on-pay-to-play-and-freemium-games-i-dont-think-anybody-has-to-like-it
    On the heels of the Advertising Standards Authority's ruling concerning Electronic Arts' "misleading" advertising for their mobile game Dungeon Keeper, EA executive Peter Moore has come out with some bad news for gamers who are put off by the company's usage of the "freemium" model. Speaking with Games Industry, Moore said, "I don't think anybody has to like it. I think that's where it goes. It's like me: I get grumpy about some things, but if the river of progress is flowing and I'm trying to paddle my canoe in the opposite direction, then eventually I'm just going to lose out."

He is right "We don't have to like it!" nor do we have to continue to support EA!! More famous words by PM;
    Essentially, Moore is saying that micro-transaction-based games are inevitable and that it's the fault of gamers that there is so much resistance to them. He's calling the gaming community curmudgeonly. As a result, he's completely side-stepping the fact that EA churns out repetitive games loaded with expensive DLC and easy-to-buy shortcuts. It's not the fault of developers who are putting out falsely-advertised or incomplete games that slowly bleed you dry. Nope, definitely not their fault. This is inevitable, everyone! Why are you 🐸🐸🐸🐸 standing in EA's path to your wallet? Don't you see that this is just the natural flow of the world?

Sure shows how much he "Loves" his customers!! You know the people who actually keep EA in business. Shareholders are great but you need a selling product to acquire the interest of shareholders. Keep belittling your customers Peter Moore, keep telling us how we don't understand what we like!!! :/