Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I played The Sims 3 but after 20 updates TS4 look better

leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
Yes
I was one of the players than said The Sims 3 was better
But giving an oportunity to TS4 after each pack and its related update (I buy all packs) I see The Sims 4 is better than The Sims 3

I know than has some things to improve, as raise culling limit (or allow to modify it at game options)
But for a player than no play legacy, TS4 is better than TS3

Comments

• HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,825 Member
    edited July 2015
    I agree.
    I play with many generations and no cheats. On Sims 3, even with every expansion pack, I got bored after 2 generations. The reasons:
    . Limited game to only one world. Available mods but very buggy. Like, my witch would be better on Moonlight Falls, but I chosen Lucky Palms instead and I can't change.
    . Less rewarding game. The lifetime wishes were kinda cool but only one wish for the whole life is bad. There were good rewards, better I can say, but the way to get them was not that good. Also the careers didn't have rewards, only some of them, and in the most parts buy mode expensive items. On 4 you get rewards and clothes everytime you raise your level. Sometimes you get traits (Doctor Career). In TS4 there is aspirations, with reward traits, and you can change them everytime, and children have exclusive ones.
    . Bad world system / lag.

and other things I don't remember.
    Male. INFP. Virgo.
  • rbridges430rbridges430 Posts: 2,675 Member
    You want them to raise the culling limit? Good lord why?
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member

No all people play at a Pentium 4
    leo3487 wrote: »

What??
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Nice to see people are seeing the beauty of S4!

I never played The Sims 2 but now Im adapting to closed world
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    I think only players who like to play with single sims would prefer The Sims 4. Players who like family play or do legacy would not enjoy it. I'm lucky enough to be one of those people who prefer playing with single sims.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif

What??

You said raise the culling
    Of course with a gamer PC can support a culling limit 500 with no lag
    Yes the beauty of fake back drops, fx roads, over saturated colors, fake cars, smiling sims everywhere. :)

All Sims games use backdrops, your computer isn't simulating an infinite virtual world off in the distance.

Sims 2 all the lots around you were the ones you built not fake decoration houses.
    Sims 3 , well was open world, so you could explore the entire world.

Yes the beauty of fake back drops, fx roads, over saturated colors, fake cars, smiling sims everywhere. :)

Yes, because teleporting into cars without any interaction with them, bad ilumination and having robot sims everywhere is better, huh?

It actual was, especially following your sim driving in the car looking at all the scenery was beautiful.

I didn't have robot sims, guess that was into the future which I didn't buy.

What??

You mentioned raising culling, by would you want the game to delete more family members, ghosts, & townies?
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Culling needs to be replaced. I mean population was just fine with the Sims 1 and 2. Raising the culling limit won't fix the issues it causes for ghosts and family trees. It needs to be coded better and raising the limit will just be a quick band aid that will become an issue again as more expansions are released. The Sims 2 could handle 189 Sims and stopped generating townies once that limit was set. There is not a complex system as that in the Sims 4 I'm afraid.

Anyway, my Sims 2 game looks beautiful every since I adapted my graphics card to it. I actually really enjoyed the views of the Sims 3 worlds. They were so beautiful and I loved the look of WA France and Island Paradise especially those sharks. I really liked the look the Sims 2 Castaway as well. Seriously the best water in the series. Anyway looks of a game aren't really why I enjoy video games. I mean I wouldn't enjoy games like Minecraft and the original Mario game if the core game play designs weren't so entertaining. So honestly game play matters more to me than looks when it comes to games. Art style wise, I like the Sims 2 the best. The detail of those objects were so well done. The Sims 4 is like mediocre graphics, but nothing compared to other games released today. For the time, the Sims 1, 2, and 3 graphics were superb. Four years from now, I can guarantee the Sims 5 graphics will blow Sims 4's graphics out of the water and people will always naturally brag about the newest games simply because of it being new. But it's all subjective, so what does it matter anyways, especially when a yellow line on a picture can be considered art.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller

What??

You mentioned raising culling, by would you want the game to delete more family members, ghosts, & townies?

Culling limit... or population limit I should say?
    after 500 start culling
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member

Snide much?

Oh my, anyway back to the OP. Glad you are liking it finally, maybe when it fills out you will like it more. I don't play with many sims per game so I don't have the issues that rotational or legacy players do .. I do hope they fix that so you can really enjoy it. I don't know though.

egTcBMc.png
  • HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,825 Member

Yes, because teleporting into cars without any interaction with them, bad ilumination and having robot sims everywhere is better, huh?

It actual was, especially following your sim driving in the car looking at all the scenery was beautiful.

I didn't have robot sims, guess that was into the future which I didn't buy.

With robot sims I mean the way they look.
    Male. INFP. Virgo.

What??

Culling limit... or population limit I should say?
    after 500 start culling

Oh I get you now.
    I just think they should stop culling and input a user population control & prompt us to get rid of some sims ourselves.
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I kind of like the single sim gameplay but after a while I get bored and want to have a family. So I guess I'm more of a family/legacy simmer. TS4 is beginning to make progress but there are so many things that need to be done before I find it enjoyable and feel myself falling into a pit of boredom 20 minutes into gameplay.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • edwardianededwardianed Posts: 49 Member
    Sims 2 all the lots around you were the ones you built not fake decoration houses.

And beyond that, there was a backdrop. In The Sims 2 it was just blueness, in The Sims 3 it was an ocean, but in both it was still a backdrop; the only difference being how far away the backdrop was.

And beyond that, there was a backdrop. In The Sims 2 it was just blueness, in The Sims 3 it was an ocean, but in both it was still a backdrop; the only difference being how far away the backdrop was.

And that you could fully explore the ocean too.
    But the point is there weren't fake cars zooming about & my neighbors houses weren't fake they were real.

But the point is there weren't fake cars zooming about & my neighbors houses weren't fake they were real.

What was sense of cars at ST2 if still closed world like TS4?
    I saw cars at TS3 and actually run upto where you say
  • nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member

The Stepford Sims!

What was sense of cars at ST2 if still closed world like TS4?
    I saw cars at TS3 and actually run upto where you say

Well it fulfilled what made ts2 a life simulator .

Oh no little Susie missed her school bus, mama drove her to school instead so she wouldn't miss a school day.

The animations closing the door, backing out, parking were nice missed that in ts2.

My teen Samantha's parents & brother hated her bf lol so instead of bringing him in the house (where him and her bro would almost auto start fighting) she would blast the radio in the car & make out with him all day.