Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• vethesimsvethesims Posts: 695 Member
    @rosemow thank you for this thread, it's so much fun! And thanks for leaving me such a kind comment! :)
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I've finished this weeks renovation, so will start on my kitchen later today. :p
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
  • RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Thank you for the wonderful feedback, @rosemow! *hugs* :smiley:<3<3<3

Although, this will be my last room entry for this year as I'm going to be busy with my lot builds, especially my building plans, I'm so sorry! But I'm still supporting each of their entry. :) Thank you again Rose and everyone, and I'll see you again in One Room, One Week, One Theme next year! *group hugs* :smiley:<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
    RyeCris16 wrote: »
    Thank you for the wonderful feedback, @rosemow! *hugs* :smiley:<3<3<3

Although, this will be my last room entry for this year as I'm going to be busy with my lot builds, especially my building plans, I'm so sorry! But I'm still supporting each of their entry. :) Thank you again Rose and everyone, and I'll see you again in One Room, One Week, One Theme next year! *group hugs* :smiley:<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Hello @RyeCris16 :) Enjoy doing your builds! I will look forward to seeing your next build! :)
  • MatpengMatpeng Posts: 155 Member
    I just discovered this awesome thread, and I am really glad about it ! What a nice idea of creation...

I will keep following this, because I really enjoy to see nice creations and I think it can be helpful for my game ! Congratulations !
    NATASHA_zpstbj4jzku.jpg
    Matpeng wrote: »
    I just discovered this awesome thread, and I am really glad about it ! What a nice idea of creation...

I will keep following this, because I really enjoy to see nice creations and I think it can be helpful for my game ! Congratulations !

Hello @Matpeng :) Thankyou very much for your kind words about this thread. Happy simming! :)
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Theme for the week: A flag themed colored kitchen
    Country County: Devon, UK (because Union Flag red/white/blue will be overused and England flag has been ruined by xenophobes).
    516px-Flag_of_Devon.svg.png

Gallery name of room: Devon Cream Tea Kitchen
    Origin ID : EmmaVane

9e76c01bf9.png
    0aead954eb.png
    1f0c1df994.png
    86d16f69ef.png

• Battyivy21Battyivy21 Posts: 311 Member
    Theme for this week: A flag theme color kitchen
    Name of room in gallery: Modern American Kitchen
    [img][/img]19199778899_6bbaa03d75_b.jpgModern American Kitchen by ivy batty, on Flickr
    [img][/img]19198393308_30965e63e0_b.jpgModern American Kitchen by ivy batty, on Flickr
    [img][/img]19198389918_ea589bced6_b.jpgModern American Kitchen by ivy batty, on Flickr

Every ones rooms are great I really enjoyed this theme rosemow. :)
    Devon Cream Tea Kitchen is so very nice! @EmmaVane. :) It is great that you have based it on the flag of the county Devon. The green and white colour scheme of the room is very nice! Very nice layout and furnishing of the room! It looks very nice how you have placed the white cabinets in the room! The green wall items that came with Perfect Patio stuff pack are nice touches on the corner walls. It looks very nice how you have green coloured walls in the dining area, and have white brick walls in the cooking area, combining the two colours of the flags. Very nice dining area! The green colours of the dining table and chairs looks nice. Sims will enjoy sitting eating their freshly cooked meals at the table. The green wooden flooring under the table looks nice. The green crystal is a great touch on the side table! The fruit bowl looks nice on the side table as well. It looks nice that you have used green coloured windows in the room. The green framed picture on the wall looks great there! The chef mysim is a nice and cute kitchen touch on the counter! The green plant adds a great touch of nature in the room. The white towels look nice in the fridge nook.
    The Devon flag themed kitchen looks very nice! It reflects the colours of the flag so well! Thank you very much for entering this week's challenge :)
    Modern American Kitchen is a very nice American themed room! @Battyivy21 :) The furnishing of the room is very nice! It looks very nice how you have placed the red, white and blue versions of the wall decor from the Perfect Patio pack together to reflect the flag! It looks very nice how you have placed the blue cabinets together on the wall near the sink, and the cabinets look nice on the corner nook walls. The brick and wooden textures of the walls look nice together. The starry mirror on the wall to reflect the stars from the flag is great! It looks nice how you have placed the fridge and stove in the corner nook. The red colour of the microwave and on the stove and oven looks great in the flag theme of the room. Very nice windows bar stool counter! The condiments, sauces and fruit bowl are nice kitchen touches on the counter, and it looks very nice how you have placed the blue cabinets and hanging pans either sides of the windows! The red blinds complements with the blue cabinets and counter there so well! Sims will enjoy sitting there looking out through the windows at the outdoors views whilst eating their meals. The shelves nook between the cabinets looks nice! The plants and produce look nice placed on the shelves. Nice island bar stool counter! The white colour of the stools looks great as a colour of the flag. Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools eating a meal. The white floor tiling of the flooring looks nice. It looks nice how you have positioned the nice kitchen touches of the fruit pictures on the wall.
    The blue, white and red colour scheme of the room is very nice! Very nice layout of the room! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge :)
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    I'm not really good with designing rooms, but I decided to give this a try :)

Theme for the Week: A Flag-themed Coloured Kitchen
    Gallery Name of Room: Nihon Kitchen: 日の丸台所 (Hinomaru Kitchen)
    Origin ID: pronterus
    wvydmx.png
    2eploi0.png
    fymp36.png
    edited July 2015
    Welcome to the room challenge thread! It is very nice that you have entered a room ! @pronterus :) Your Japanese themed kitchen looks so very great! The red and white colour scheme of the room is so very nice! It looks very nice how you have used the red circle floor rugs in the room! The large red circular floor rug looks very nice on the white flooring to represent the Japanese flag so well! The red circles floor rug patterns look so very nice how you have placed them around the edges of the dining table floor area! The red colour of the dining seats looks nice, goes well with the glass dining table, and suits well the theme of the room. The red pot plant on the table is nice for sims whilst dining there. It looks very nice how you have placed the red cabinets and counters in the room! It looks great how you have created the stove and the microwave alcoves. The white colour of the walls looks very nice with the red colour of the furnishings. It looks nice the type of and how you have placed the blinds in the room. The fridge nook area is great! Very nice bar counter for sims to enjoy sitting on the stool having a drink from the bar and chat after their meal or chatting whilst other sims are cooking the meal. It looks nice how you have used the ceiling spotlights in the room. The Asian screen shades is a nice touch in the room. The leafy picture on the wall is a nice touch on the wall , and the red vases with green plants in them are nice nature items in the room which add a great look to the kitchen. The crockery display cabinets look very nice how you have placed them in front of the blinds either sides of the alcove with the microwave and tea/coffee making items.
    The furnishing of the room looks so very nice! You have reflected the Japanese flag so well! The red and white colour scheme is very nice! Thank you very much for entering this week's challenge :)
  • rabidkitty07rabidkitty07 Posts: 416 Member
    Well the flag for the county I was born in is unofficial so I decided to pay homage to my friend's home, Canada.

Theme for the week: A flag themed colored kitchen
    Gallery name of room :Maple Leaf Kitchen
    Origin ID : GalacticKat

07-03-15_11-09nbspPM_zpsxtm77fiz.png
    07-03-15_11-09nbspPM-2_zpsmf9t10kh.png
    07-03-15_11-09nbspPM-4_zps5opdxjnb.png
    07-03-15_11-09nbspPM-3_zpsoridqzub.png
    My Origin ID: rabidkitty7

Maple Leaf Kitchen is so very creatively nice! @rabidkitty07 :) It looks so very great that the room is in the shape of a maple leaf! The design looks very nice! The red and white colour scheme of the room to reflect the Canadian flag looks very nice! Very nice layout and furnishing of the room! It looks great how you have used the nooks in the room! The cooking and sink nook area is very nice! It looks very nice how you have placed the red cabinets and counters into the corner there. The island stove and bar stool counter is nice. Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools eating their meals and chatting. The white stools look nice with the red counter. The red oval floor rug adds to the nice look of the area. The towel, hanging pans and calendar on the wall and the spice rack and knife block on the counters are nice homely touches there. The red tiling of the middle section and leaf stem looks very nice! It is nice that you have the rest of the flooring white. The red and white ceiling lights through the room look nice and reflects well the flag colour too! The red and white wall paneling looks nice. Very nice red and black armchairs sitting alcove! It looks nice how you have placed the red vases of plants behind the chairs, and the red circular floor rug is a nice touch there. Sims will enjoy sitting relaxing there watching TV after cooking or eating a meal. The dining table nook is very nice. The white colour of the dining table and seats looks nice to fit the theme and the red plant is a nice touch on the table. The red display cabinet looks nice there. It is nice that you have a garden planter for sims to enjoy growing and harvesting plants to use in cooking.
    The room is very nice! You have reflected the Canadian flag so well in the design and furnishing of the room! Thank you very much for entering this week's challenge :)
  • Puncky99Puncky99 Posts: 338 Member
    edited July 2015
    I think the kitchens this week are all very original and colorful. Love what everyone has done with the colors of their flag. Well done all. <3

Theme for the Week: A Flag-themed Coloured Kitchen
    Gallery Name of Room: Dutch Kitchen (not very original, I know! It's to hot to be original: 96-100 F at the moment!)
    Origin ID: Simmie99

The Flag (sorry that this pic is so large ;) ):

vlag_nederland_marine_recht_zpsnnqdc2z5.jpg

Pictures of the Room:

1_zpsrlwsn0z8.png

2_zpso3jeeawl.png

3_zpsah0ywocd.png

4_zps2nfmybaz.png
    Onderschrift_Luna_1_met_Logo_zpsbwcad4il.jpg

EA ID: Simmie99
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/MoonshineSim
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MoonshineSim/
    Please visit my website for more of my creations.
    Your Dutch themed kitchen is so very nice! @Puncky99 :) The red, white and blue colour scheme of the room to reflect the colours of the flag looks so very nice! Very nice layout of the room! The red light panels look nice either sides of the door. Very nice dining and sink counter area! The blue and white colour of the dining seats looks nice with the red colour of the sinks counter to reflect the colours of the flag. It looks nice how you have combined the dining table with the sink counter. It is great that you have double sinks. The hanging pots, cutlery on the brick wall, sauces, fruit bowl and mugs rack are nice kitchen touches there. Sims will enjoy looking outdoors through the windows at the outside views whilst dining. The large red floor rug looks very nice under the dining table. The apple pictures on the wall add to the nice look of the area. The white colour of the walls looks nice. The plants in the red pots and red and white vases in the room are nice nature touches . The blue coloured blinds look nice. The cooking alcove is very nice! It looks very nice how you have placed the blue and white kitchen cabinets there! The brick texture of the walls looks nice. The red display cabinet looks great there, and it is great that you have placed a red microwave in the corner. The white colour of the counters is nice. The fruit crates near the windows are a nice touch in the room. The blue wall decor that came with the Perfect Patio pack looks nice on the wall.
    The furnishing of the room is very nice! The colour scheme of the room reflects the flag so very well! Thank you very much for entering this week's challenge :)
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Theme for the week: a flag themed colored kitchen
    Country: Flandres (not a country, but I tried the Belgian flagg first and it just didn't inspire me, hope this looks ok
    Gallery name of room :Flemish lion
    Origin id :liliaeth
    Pictures of the room :

Using this flagg as inspiration :-)

1280px-Generic_flag_of_Nord-Pas-de-Calais.svg.png

4-7-15_8-35_zpswnwlcwpx.png
    4-7-15_8-35-2_zps9luvold1.png
    4-7-15_8-39-2_zpso3o3jpss.png
    4-7-15_8-39_zpsqwyqzc32.png
    4-7-15_8-38-2_zps8te9pfxv.png
    4-7-15_8-38-3_zpsjtqfuyvs.png
    4-7-15_8-38-4_zpsz4ymfgbm.png
    4-7-15_8-37-2_zpsawrusuja.png
    4-7-15_8-37_zpsovqtwbn0.png
    4-7-15_8-38_zpsigv4xpvi.png
    4-7-15_8-30_zpsranrtm3c.png
    4-7-15_8-36-2_zpssg2banfg.png
    4-7-15_8-36_zpszloa0xa4.png
    4-7-15_8-36-3_zpsqxobmaen.png
    Your Flemish Lion kitchen is very creative and nice! @liliaeth :) You have reflected the lion that is on the flag so very well! It looks great how you have used the black bar stool and kitchen counters, black marble flooring and the red stools to create the lion! It looks so very great! You are very creative! The red stools for the lion paws looks great! The pool lights look nice on the patterning tiles! Very nice bar stool counter area! Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar and a chat.The walls of mirrors looks very nice! The bar stool counter is nice for sims to sit on the red stools and enjoy eating their meals. Very nice layout of the room. It looks very nice how you have placed the cabinets and counters in the room to form the lion pattern! The tongue patten using the tiles looks great! The crystals and stove for the eyes looks very nice! The wall picture decor item that came with Perfect Patio looks nice on the walls. The flower cart is a nice touch in the corner of the room. It is nice that you have the banquet table and fountain in the room for sims to enjoy having food and drinks from. The yellow walls and marble flooring reflects the flag background colour and looks nice.
    The kitchen is very creatively designed! It reflects the Flemish lion on the flag so well ! Thank you very much for entering this week's challenge :)
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Theme for the week:
    Gallery name of room : A flag themed colored kitchen
    Origin id : wrathofcath
    Pictures of the room : Cookin' up Memories

The decision as to which country to base her new kitchen colors on, was very difficult for Claire. She loves them all equally! She finally decided that since she is from the USA and so many other countries flags consist of red, white and/or blue, to base her kitchen on these colors. She made sure to tell her designer that she wanted a memory board to display her favorite photos of her vacations and that's when she came up with the name for her new kitchen...Cookin' Up Memories!

07-02-15_2-59nbspPM_zpstx1jeg3g.png
    07-02-15_3-02nbspPM-2_zpss5nqbkag.png
    07-02-15_3-05nbspPM-2_zpsoxnz45tq.png
    07-02-15_3-00nbspPM_zpsfdta4fez.png
    Cookin Up Memories is such a very nice American themed kitchen! @WrathofCath :) The layout of the room is very nice! The red, white and blue colour scheme of the room reflects the American flag so well! It looks very nice how you have a cooking and a dining area of the room. The blue colour of the walls looks nice, and the red colour of the cabinets on the blue walls creates a great look! Very nice cooking and bar area! It looks very nice how you have placed the red cabinets to create the stove, microwave/coffee machine and bar counter alcoves! The round bar stool and sink counter looks so very nice! The red rose looks very nice on the blue star in the middle of the counter! It reflects the stars of the flag so very well! It is very creative! It looks nice how you have placed red stools around the round counter. Sims will enjoy sitting there having a drink from the bar. The red colour of the fridge, microwave and coffee machine complements very well in the colour scheme of the room! The red framed fruit pictures are a nice touch either sides of the memory board on the bar counter alcove wall. It is a very special touch that Claire can post photos of her vacations on it, and enjoy looking at them when doing her cooking. It is nice the name that you have given to the room. The white colour of the bar counter and stove hood suits well the theme! Very nice dining area! It looks very nice how you have created the larger white dining table! The blue star and red rose are very nice touches on top of the table! It looks nice how you have placed many chairs around the edges of the table so many sims can enjoy eating their meals together at the same time. The blue floor rug is a nice touch under the table.The red framed apple and pears pictures on the wall are nice for sims to look at when dining there. Very nice window alcove! The fruit bowl and condiments are nice touches on the white counter. It looks very nice how you have placed the red crockery display cabinets either sides of the table to create the alcove. The white counter and red display cabinets look nice side by side. The red pots of plants are nice touches of nature in the corner of the room. The white lights are nice touches on the wall. The white colour of the windows and the red colour of the curtains looks very nice together.
    The furnishing of the room is so very nice! You have reflected the American flag so well! The colours also reflect many other countries flags too. Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge. :)
    The Flag themed Kitchen challenge has now finished! :) I was so very delighted to see all the very creatively designed and colourful kitchens that everyone entered into the challenge! The way that you used the colour schemes of the flags and aspects of the flags was so very nice! Thank you so very much for entering the challenge! I get very excited when I see a room appear on the thread!
    I will post the new challenge in the next post and on the first page of this thread :)

edited July 2015
    :) CURRENT CHALLENGE :)

:) TWENTY-FIRST CHALLENGE :)

The theme for the week is : A multipurpose ballroom and dance studio room.

Jennifer has a very nice home! Her husband and herself enjoy throwing parties and so every weekend they have guests visiting their home for a meal. After Jennifer, her husband and their party guests have enjoyed a happy time of dining together, Jennifer has always wanted to have a room where they could all enjoy dancing together. Her dream is to have a ballroom in her home. Her guests could then dance the night away! Could you please make her dream a reality? They have already eaten their meal, so they will not be wanting to dine there. There is another "small" detail to mention! Jennifer is a dancing teacher. Through the week, she would like to teach her child students in a small section of the room. This section needs to have child themed furnishings that are bright and happy for the young children to see when they dancing! She wants to be able to use the ballroom all through the week!
    Just a little reminder that your entry has to be uploaded as a room, not as a lot.
    Please use the hashtag
    #oneroomoneweekonetheme with your entry

The rooms need to be posted by Tuesday 14th July Midnight PDT

ENTRIES :
    Dance Your Troubles Way (vethesims)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13834677/#Comment_13834677
    Dancing Night and Day (lovelylyssia095)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13835153/#Comment_13835153
    Grand Ballroom ( Battyivy21)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13846780/#Comment_13846780
    Cha Cha Mama (Zita1966z)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13848067/#Comment_13848067
    Dance the night away (Puncky99)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13849210/#Comment_13849210
    Dance Studio (ARADEMIS212)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13853926/#Comment_13853926
    Shall we dance (WrathofCath)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13855909/#Comment_13855909
    Dancing with the Stars (WrathofCath )
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13855909/#Comment_13855909
    LiteBrite Ballroom and studio (treece01)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13859578/#Comment_13859578
    A Dancer's Paradise (pottergoose)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13860008/#Comment_13860008
    Post edited by rosemow on
  • N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    :) CURRENT CHALLENGE :)

:) TWENTY-FIRST CHALLENGE :)

The theme for the week is : A multipurpose ballroom and dance studio room.

Jennifer has a very nice home! Her husband and herself enjoy throwing parties and so every weekend they have guests visiting their home for a meal. After Jennifer, her husband and their party guests have enjoyed a happy time of dining together, Jennifer has always wanted to have a room where they could all enjoy dancing together. Her dream is to have a ballroom in her home. Her guests could then dance the night away! Could you please make her dream a reality? They have already eaten their meal, so they will not be wanting to dine there. There is another "small" detail to mention! Jennifer is a dancing teacher. Through the week, she would like to teach her child students in a small section of the room. This section needs to have child themed furnishings that are bright and happy for the young children to see when they dancing! She wants to be able to use the ballroom all through the week!
    Just a little reminder that your entry has to be uploaded as a room, not as a lot.
    Please use the hashtag

Aww...this one sounds cute! I love the details that make it an interesting challenge.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top