Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Showing What Sims 4 COULD have been....

Comments

• 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Got it ^^ But it could still have hair motion, at least... I want hair motion! It was in Sims 2 it could be in Sims 4.
  • HagfisherHagfisher Posts: 950 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    Got it ^^ But it could still have hair motion, at least... I want hair motion! It was in Sims 2 it could be in Sims 4.

Play-doh doesn't flow in the wind, silly. (I actually like the in-game hair)
    125722018d2ffda673d70ee3796940a120b51e40.png

• mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    Schantal wrote: »
    GabbyGirlJ wrote: »
    I quite honestly don't care about what the Sims 4 could have been. It is what it is now, and there's nothing we can do but accept that while still trying to get the things we love back into the game. This is showing nothing but dance animations used in MMD, badly animated ones at that. The movements aren't very fluent.

I think the animations are really good. :confused: I enjoyed both videos. I can't find any fault with them, personally. But that's just me.

I agree with you on one thing, though. TS4 is what it is and I accept that. However, for me that means that I also accept that I don't enjoy it as much as previous games. It really does feel like they missed so many opportunities this time around. It's fun to imagine what they could have done if they had pushed the limits a bit. But they didn't.

Thank you love, I hate how the same group always takes a lighthearted post and turns it into something negative and makes nasty remarks. You know what I do when I see a post I don't agree with (especially if its a rather innocent one like mine, I IGNORE IT and move on). Thank you for being so kind and seeing it was just meant to be a fun post :-).

I enjoyed the second video so thanks for sharing. Considering the fights going on here your starting post didn't come up very neutral to me, so I understand why it's causing negative reactions. Sorry if you only meant it as light hearted fun, it is hard to format posts here in a way that doesn't annoy someone.
  • mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    Saw the hair and am now wishing that such smooth motion could be put into the game.

I'm...sorry people saw your thread and decided to get kinda fussy in it. I personally like the idea of looking at videos and going "wow, I wish that were in the game I play"! There's nothing wrong with doing it. The movements were a little stiff because, like someone said, the dancing was done using another engine made specifically for creating dances, but I do really like how the hair actually MOVES instead of staying stick straight. Mix it with some CC hairs I've seen where there are actual individual strands and WHOO BOY, it could be a pretty game.

i also like the reflective floors *0*
    Hagfisher wrote: »

Have you never watched lego shows? They totally do lol
  • HagfisherHagfisher Posts: 950 Member

I said Play-Doh, not lego...
    125722018d2ffda673d70ee3796940a120b51e40.png

• Mollypup9Mollypup9 Posts: 518 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Ok, seriously this is why people hardly post on this forum (its the same group over and over again) and many people have left (including myself until recently). People can't post a fun post without people freaking out. Just get over it, it was meant to be a fun post at what the game could have been (the game was a flop its not speculation, its not a secret, it just was). This was meant to be a lighthearted, fun post showing some cool stuff and people just go nuts. Its sad that some (not all as I have made some cool friends on here) of the posters here are so immature and quick to be nasty and argue.....

The game was not a flop. It sold well.

No the figures released and it was the second poorest selling sims game of all time, only selling more than Medieval.......

The "poorest selling sims game of all the time" doesn't mean it sold bad.

It certainly does NOT make it a "hit" or even a well liked game either.

TS4 is what it is and will remain what it is. There will be so significant changes to either gameplay or quality. If we were to see such, we'd have already seen it. A shame. It really is. But there comes a point when you have to accept something for what it is instead of what you'd like it to be.

I happened to enjoy the videos and thank the OP for sharing them. Added decent hair movement wouldn't bog down the game. Better dancing would be amazing. My sims rarely even manage to face each other, let alone dance on the same side of the flippin' room. Better animations don't bog down the game that much either. We've had much better animation in previous sim versions and it worked just fine. This engine just isn't built to handle much, it was never intended to do so as it was meant for an online version.

I said Play-Doh, not lego...

LOL same hair XD
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Mollypup9 wrote: »
    Ok, seriously this is why people hardly post on this forum (its the same group over and over again) and many people have left (including myself until recently). People can't post a fun post without people freaking out. Just get over it, it was meant to be a fun post at what the game could have been (the game was a flop its not speculation, its not a secret, it just was). This was meant to be a lighthearted, fun post showing some cool stuff and people just go nuts. Its sad that some (not all as I have made some cool friends on here) of the posters here are so immature and quick to be nasty and argue.....

No the figures released and it was the second poorest selling sims game of all time, only selling more than Medieval.......

TS4 is what it is and will remain what it is. There will be so significant changes to either gameplay or quality. If we were to see such, we'd have already seen it. A shame. It really is. But there comes a point when you have to accept something for what it is instead of what you'd like it to be.

I happened to enjoy the videos and thank the OP for sharing them. Added decent hair movement wouldn't bog down the game. Better dancing would be amazing. My sims rarely even manage to face each other, let alone dance on the same side of the flippin' room. Better animations don't bog down the game that much either. We've had much better animation in previous sim versions and it worked just fine. This engine just isn't built to handle much, it was never intended to do so as it was meant for an online version.

Or maybe you should accept that it's not a flop.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • CapraCorn104CapraCorn104 Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited July 2015
    No one was being nasty, and I thought you were being quite serious when you made this, but whatever, it is what it is.
    I quite honestly don't care about what the Sims 4 could have been. It is what it is now, and there's nothing we can do but accept that while still trying to get the things we love back into the game. This is showing nothing but dance animations used in MMD, badly animated ones at that. The movements aren't very fluent.

I think the animations are really good. :confused: I enjoyed both videos. I can't find any fault with them, personally. But that's just me.
    As someone who has used MMD countless times, I've seen better animation. I will admit that it is VERY hard to master. Something like this seems to look better animated to me.
    https://youtu.be/KbViP0S-VwU

Or maybe you should accept that it's not a flop.
    If you were to look at the Sims 4 as just the Sims 4 (as it just the sales by themselves, not compared to previous sims), it didn't sell bad at all, it was far from a flop.

If you were to compare it to previous Sims, it didn't sell as well as the Sims 3 from the initial release. Saying it's the worse selling sims game may be too far fetched, but we all know that it didn't sell as much as the Sims 3 did in a week. This doesn't make it a bad game at all, because few games have sold as many copies as Sims 3 did in the one week of release.

• jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member

I loved the videos! I also enjoyed reading the comments of people who start arguments over nothing and get their panties in a bunch. Both very entertaining, thank you :)
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited July 2015
    @Schantal wrote: »

It was the best selling game of PC 2014 (beating heaps of massive PC games released in 2014). Those figures that were released were removed because they were incorrect. The girl who posted them had the wrong data and corrected herself.

• GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited July 2015
    No one was being nasty, and I thought you were being quite serious when you made this, but whatever, it is what it is.

As someone who has used MMD countless times, I've seen better animation. I will admit that it is VERY hard to master. Something like this seems to look better animated to me.
    https://youtu.be/KbViP0S-VwU

Sure, it could have been better. That's kind of the nature of animation, it could always be better. I just wouldn't call the video "badly animated."
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    Is cool but I dunno about a game like sims if the second engine wouldn't cause problems even for middle end computers. Love the hair physics. But wouldnt that also create problems for CC hair makers?
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    There's a difference between could have and should have... I felt like I just watched robots and foresaw every next move.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • TeresitaTeresita Posts: 630 Member
    What can this "engine" do anyway. What makes it so different than the ones they had before?

This game completed the trinity of flop Sims games :'(
  • PixelsSquaredPixelsSquared Posts: 3,265 Member
    Too bad the animations in TS4 can't ever be this smooth and fluid. I wouldn't really mind the TS4 clay hair if it was animated.

Also, I found this on YouTube a few days ago. Someone tried to port MMD animations to TS4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86nMOqliq10

The animation looks better in-game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGcAZ-bvdfI
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited July 2015
    Too bad the animations in TS4 can't ever be this smooth and fluid. I wouldn't really mind the TS4 clay hair if it was animated.

Also, I found this on YouTube a few days ago. Someone tried to port MMD animations to TS4.

That's a pretty cool mod for people who want better dancing in TS4. It's a good start at least, hopefully modders will continue working with it. Maybe one day TS4 sims will actually dance with each other. :open_mouth:
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • RemySimsRemySims Posts: 380 Member
    They look like puppets on strings to me.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

She looks super robotic to me, even more than the "Sims Shake it off" thingy up there.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Simulator4Simulator4 Posts: 652 Member

Agree. Some people have accepted this and enjoy and play the game as is or move on. But some people are still unwilling to accept this.
  • DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited July 2015
    I enjoy Sims 4. It ain't a flop to me. And it ISN'T the same people making nasty remarks. And throwing insults by saying that they aren't mature isn't exactly mature itself...

Those animations were awesome, but it isn't what Sims 4 COULD have been. It's just, "Look at what people can do with Sims 4 characters". The title of the thread is a little misleading.

I found it fun to see what people are doing with an animation program AND Sims 4. That's a lot of creativity right there! If such physics were to be in a game, it couldn't be Sims 4. Sims 4 focuses more on gameplay, not graphics. If really good animation and really good gameplay were put into a game, then even the strongest computer would probably blow up. My potato powered laptop would die, that's for sure.

A different game engine might make for better animation, but not to the extent of having the same animation as an engine designed specifically for animation.

Flop is a relative term. EA could have released 'Sims Os' cereal and sold a few million boxes to fans, all thanks to the previous success of the franchise? Next time? Bet they don't have as easy.

@OP: It's nice to see what's 'possible'.
    Post edited by Darleymikey on
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited July 2015
    deleted
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • TeresitaTeresita Posts: 630 Member
    How many copies did Sims 4 sell?

From what I can remember, all the other Sims made over 6 million?
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member

Definantly not a blockbuster or GOTY material that is for sure.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen