Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Ironbound" - Chapter 152 **End of Season Two**

MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
Hello everyone and welcome to my story Ironbound.

This will serve as the central hub where I'll compile everything in to a neat-ish and tidy-ish format.

Synopsis

Ironbound is set in a dark, brutal world many light-years away from earth. Set about a decade after a 600 year war and follows Shaela Amaya, a Helsian warrior who is forced to live amongst her peoples long-time enemy as part of the peace treaty between their races.

Ironbound%20Poster_zpsynlygkxq.jpg

Ironbound is set-up in two ways. The story itself, and an Information Database I've created for my world. The database takes the form of an A.I. by the name of XIN. You can access the story through these links:

Ironbound
Xaabos Information Nexus

This is if you're starting from the beginning, as it appears in chronological order. If you're already reading the story and need to access a particular chapter, I'll include a list of those below:

Ironbound

Chapter 1: Introductions (Part1)
Chapter 2: Introductions (Part 2)
Chapter 3: Training To Clear the Mind (Part 1)
Chapter 4: Training To Clear the Mind (Part 2)
Chapter 5: Father, Daughter Chat
Warrior's Advice: Imagination
Chapter 6: Water-Garden Rendezvous (Part 1)
Chapter 7: Water-Garden Rendezvous (Part 2)
Chapter 8: The Orrix (Part 1)
Chapter 9: Worried Friends
Chapter 10: The Orrix (Part 2)
Chapter 11: 8-Bit (Part 1) - Princess Leyva's Nexus Entry
Chapter 12: 8-Bit (Part 2) - Shaela's Nexus Entry
Chapter 13: [The Orrix (Part 3)
Chapter 14: 8-Bit (Part 3)
Chapter 15: The Girls Getting Ready
Chapter 16: The Water Palace (Preparations)

Here is the part in the story where I forgot to introduce the Emperor (AKA the host) to anyone. He goes out on an adventure to meet new people. Technically they're not chapters, just little snippets and captions - but I'm adding them here to serve chronological purposes, that and they're humorous.

The Emperor's Adventures (Part 1)
The Emperor's Adventures (Part 2)
The Emperor's Adventures (Part 3)
The Emperor's Adventures (Part 4)
The Emperor's Adventures (Part 5)

Now that Emp is all chummy with tonnes of people, it's back to the story:

Chapter 17: The Party (Part 1)
Chapter 18: The Party (Part 2)
Chapter 19: The Party (Part 3)
Chapter 20: The Party (Part 4)
Chapter 21: The Party (Part 5)
Chapter 22: The Party (Part 6)
Chapter 23: The Party (Part 7)
Chapter 24: The Party (Part 8)
Chapter 25: The Party (Part 9)
Chapter 26: The Party (Part 10)
Chapter 27: The Assassin (Part 1)
Chapter 28: The Assassin (Part 2)
Chapter 29: Recovery? (Part1)
Chapter 30: Recovery? (Part 2)
Chapter 31: Recovery? (Part 3)
Chapter 32: Recovery? (Part 4)
Chapter 33: Recovery? (Part 5)
Chapter 34: Recovery? (Part 6)
Chapter 35: Recovery? (Part 7)
Chapter 36: Recovery? (Part 8)
Chapter 37: Recovery? (Part 9)
Chapter 38: Recovery? (Part 10)

- End of Phase 1 -

Chapter 39: Heat Rising (Part 1)
Chapter 40: Heat Rising (Part 2)
Chapter 41: Heat Rising (Part 3)
Chapter 42: En Route (Part 1)
Chapter 43: En Route (Part 2)
Chapter 44: Heat Rising (Part 4)
Chapter 45: Heat Rising (Part 5)
Chapter 46: En Route (Part 3)
Chapter 47: Heat Rising (Part 6)
Chapter 48: Heat Rising (Part 7)
Chapter 49: En Route (Part 4)
Chapter 50: En Route (Part 5)
Chapter 51: The Fire Rages Within (Part 1)
Chapter 52: The Fire Rages Within (Part 2)
Chapter 53: En Route (Part 6)
Chapter 54: Landed (Part 1)
Chapter 55: Landed (Part 2)
Chapter 56: Helsia Deep (Part 1)
Chapter 57: Helsia Deep (Part 2)
Chapter 58: The Fire Rages Within (Part 3)
Chapter 59: The Glory of the Pit (Part 1)
Chapter 60: The Glory of the Pit (Part 2) (Graphic scenes of violence)
Chapter 61: Dinner at the Goth's (Part 1)
Chapter 62: Dinner at the Goth's (Part 2)
Chapter 63: Dinner at the Goth's (Part 3)
Chapter 64: Dinner at the Goth's (Part 4)
Chapter 65: The Bonding Chamber
Chapter 66: Don't Shoot the Messenger
Chapter 67: Soul Searching (Part 1)
Chapter 68: Soul Searching (Part 2)
Chapter 69: Thoughts & Intrigue
Chapter 70: 100% ?
Chapter 71: Soul Searching (Part 3)
Chapter 72: Reflection
Chapter 73: The Glory of the Pit (Part 3)
Chapter 74: The Glory of the Pit (Part 4)

- End of Season One -

- Season Two -

Chapter 75: Sanctuary
Chapter 76: Mind
Chapter 77: Body
Chapter 78: Doubt
Chapter 79: Calm
Chapter 80: Gambit
Chapter 81: Slaughter
Chapter 82: Vengeance
Chapter 83: Pain
Chapter 84: Gain
Chapter 85: Spoils
Chapter 86: Faith
Chapter 87: Corruption
Chapter 88: Progress
Chapter 89: Failure
Chapter 90: Gravity
Chapter 91: Remnant
Chapter 92: Harmony
Chapter 93: Split
Chapter 94: Soon
Chapter 95: Unleashed
Chapter 96: Dust
Chapter 97: Obsession
Chapter 98: Leverage
Chapter 99: Dream
Chapter 100: Autumn
Chapter 101: Motivations
Chapter 102: Barrier
Chapter 103: Demons
Chapter 104: Answers
Chapter 105: Time-Lapse
Chapter 106: Tremble
Chapter 107: Countdown
Chapter 108: 00:59:59:99
Chapter 109: 00:59:45:68
Chapter 110: 00:57:12:31
Chapter 111: 00:47:28:83
Chapter 112: 00:47:02:13
Chapter 113: 00:45:58:93
Chapter 114: 00:45:28:86
Chapter 115: 00:45:28:47
Chapter 116: 00:40:47:71
Chapter 117: 00:37:06:74
Chapter 118: 00:35:42:91
Chapter 119: 00:33:02:84
Chapter 120: 00:27:39:02
Chapter 121: 00:25:33:57
Chapter 122: 00:24:49:09
Chapter 123: 00:23:57:22
Chapter 124: 00:21:44:91
Chapter 125: 00:20:27:80
Chapter 126: 00:19:58:75
Chapter 127: 00:19:04:12
Chapter 128: 00:18:12:68
Chapter 129: 00:17:21:94
Chapter 130: 00:16:43:56
Chapter 131: 00:16:02:38
Chapter 132: 00:16:00:02
Chapter 133: 00:15:58:93
Chapter 134: 00:15:48:55
Chapter 135: 00:15:32:63
Chapter 136: 00:15:12:97
Chapter 137: 00:14:59:82
Chapter 138: 00:13:47:24
Chapter 139: 00:10:03:17
Chapter 140: 00:09:21:83
Chapter 141: 00:09:03:11
Chapter 142: 00:07:49:90
Chapter 143: 00:06:32:18
Chapter 144: 00:04:14:93
Chapter 145: 00:03:00:78
Chapter 146: 00:02:36:58
Chapter 147: 00:02:14:39
Chapter 148: 00:01:57:27
Chapter 149: 00:01:07:04
Chapter 150: 00:00:00:00
Chapter 151: Time to Breathe
Chapter 152: Time to Grieve
dustshaela.jpg
Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
Post edited by Munterbacon on

Comments

• MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    edited May 2018
    This is where I will post specific links in regards to the "Xaabos Information Nexus" page.

Anything posted under this page is designed to appear as information provided by an A.I. by the name of XIN. If you come across anything in the story you're not sure on, check here and click on the link to what you're wanting to know more about.

If there is something you want to know that isn't posted. Send me a message, or post here and I'll add it to the list.

Here we go:

Helsian Race
    Rockfiends
    Korv's Hatred
    Xaabosian Race
    Modern Day Fog-Runners
    XIN (Xaabos Information Nexus)
    Sky-Shard Iron
    San'Dreki Race
    Pyroxius & Its Influence
    The Bond
    Shadow Agents
    Storm Eaters / Shaela's Stormers: Dossiers
    Gronyx
    The Harmony
    Plasrail Cannons
    Revenants
    dustshaela.jpg
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    So glad you have this thread! Looks like a lot of work setting it up! Thank you for taking the time to do it--it will make it a lot easier for me to keep up with your series. I'm sort of wanting to set aside a specific time to get into it, for I feel I'll become very immersed very quickly, and I want to get lost inside this world.
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    CathyTea wrote: »
    So glad you have this thread! Looks like a lot of work setting it up! Thank you for taking the time to do it--it will make it a lot easier for me to keep up with your series. I'm sort of wanting to set aside a specific time to get into it, for I feel I'll become very immersed very quickly, and I want to get lost inside this world.

No problems. It's only a lot of work because I had so many chapters already written. Still have probably 20-30 chapters to add to it, then it'll become much easier to manage =)

It's funny, I decided to write this story to try and jump-start my short-story and novel I'm working on (based in same world) but haven't touched in months. Now I find myself fully immersed in this future version of the world I've created.

P.S. I love binge reading!

dustshaela.jpg
    edited July 2015
    Updated to the end of the part which I call Phase 1.

If you have not read that far, do not read below - as it contains spoilers:
    On my tumblr page I made a post (here) where I offered up one of my characters to fellow story-tellers.

It's not your typical "Here's some tray files" or "I've uploaded her to the Gallery", as the character is a shape-changer. If anyone wants I can upload a base sim to the gallery but the Sage you see in the story will not be put up for download - I encourage you to make your own version of her (call her Sage or whatever you want).

If anyone ends up using her, give me a shout out - I would love to see her in action :)
    dustshaela.jpg
    New chapter has been added: Landed (Part 1) - Nakaia
    dustshaela.jpg
    A new chapter has been added: Landed (Part 2) - Bella's Family
    dustshaela.jpg
    edited July 2015
    New chapter has been completed: Helsia Deep (Part 1) - Vynette

And a new XIN entry too: Storm Eaters / Shaela's Stormers: Dossiers
    dustshaela.jpg
    I am currently in the process of migrating my story over to wordpress. The above links are still for Tumblr but I will change them once everything is on the new site.
    dustshaela.jpg
    I am currently in the process of migrating my story over to wordpress. The above links are still for Tumblr but I will change them once everything is on the new site.

I'm excited. I'm going to wait to read it all on WordPress so I can follow and comment! I love the look of your story.

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!

I'm excited. I'm going to wait to read it all on WordPress so I can follow and comment! I love the look of your story.

Yay! Maybe a couple more day's and it'll be all over there.
    dustshaela.jpg
    Good news. This thread has now been updated so that all the links are directed to my wordpress blog.

Another piece of good news is that I added a new chapter!

Chapter 57: Helsia Deep (Part 2)
    dustshaela.jpg
    New chapter has been added: Chapter 58: The Fire Rages Within (Part 3)
    dustshaela.jpg
    edited July 2015
    New chapter has been added: Chapter 59: The Glory of the Pit (Part 1)
    dustshaela.jpg
    New Chapter Added: Chapter 60: The Glory of the Pit (Part 2) - WARNING: Contains graphic scenes of violence.
    dustshaela.jpg
    Chapter 61 has been added: here
    dustshaela.jpg
    I have finally caught up on Ironbound! Man, I love this novel so much! Munter, I read through my nook, mostly, which means that I wasn't able to "like" or comment. So I want you to know that I have "liked" (actually loved) every post, even though I didn't click the little like button. Sometime, I'll likely read through again on my laptop and catch up with clicking those buttons.

I'm not really ready to comment much--I'm still processing it all. With Ironbound, as I mentioned in the Book Club thread, my experience is so immersive--I'm reading it like a novel, not like blog by a member at the forums with whom I can share comments. You know that feeling of reading privately that one can have with a really immersive novel? Where it's just the reader, the imagination, and the novel? That's the kind of experience I'm having with this novel. I don't really *want* to share my thoughts and response and experiences--I want to relish that private reader's experience of having it all within me.

A big part of this is that there's so much to process--which is really delightful, having a lot to process and integrate. So I'm simply not ready to say much about my experience reading it. I guess I don't want to step outside of the experience to say anything intelligent or thoughtful about the work--I want, instead, to relish the experience, for now.

I just wanted to let you know how much I'm enjoying it--and even if I'm sometimes a fairly silent reader, please know that I am enjoying your work so very much. Thank you for writing it, and thank you for sharing it! :)

Wow, what amazing feedback! Thank you so much!

I know that exact feeling, when I read a truly immersive book, I just tell people to read it themselves if they want to know what it was like - as I want these feelings all to myself.

I'm still overwhelmed by everyone's comments in the Book Club and Writer's Lounge threads, I'm blown away that my little dark corner of my mind is so well received.

Thank you again. And I hope that Ironbound continues to provide you with that immersive experience :)
    dustshaela.jpg
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited July 2015
    Just found this! I've only read a few chapters, but I really like it! Bookmarking!

I have a futuristic story you may like to read...I don't advertise it because it's unfinished and it's bookish, but you may like it. DISORDER

I don't use photoshop like you. Wish I could!!!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    @pammiechick - I just read the first chapter of DISORDER and it's really good! Thanks for sharing and I hope you enjoy Ironbound =)
    dustshaela.jpg
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    @pammiechick - I just read the first chapter of DISORDER and it's really good! Thanks for sharing and I hope you enjoy Ironbound =)

Oh, thank you so much! I can't wait to dive in...am savoring it. I hate blasting through good stories. :)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg

Oh, thank you so much! I can't wait to dive in...am savoring it. I hate blasting through good stories. :)

Pammiechick, I was the same! I really took my time reading Ironbound. I also read it through my nook, which helped to create such an immersive experience! You're in for such a treat!

Just added a new chapter: here.

It's a quick one, but hopefully you like it.
    dustshaela.jpg
    New chapter as just been added :) (here)
    dustshaela.jpg
    Yay for pizza party at the Goths! LOL!

Yay for pizza party at the Goths! LOL!

It wasn't meant to be, but when Bella burnt down the kitchen... It just had to be done!!! :D
    dustshaela.jpg