Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Favorite book/What are you reading now

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    simmerine wrote: »
    I've been reading ¨Love in the time of cholera¨ by Gabriel García Marquez, although I sort of stopped because of uni. I'm not an avid reader and haven't read that many books but the one that has really made an impact on me was ¨One hundred years of solitude¨, again by Gabriel García Marquez. I wonder if anyone else here has read any of those books?

I have a paperback copy of One Hundred Years of Solitude that I've read so much I'm amazed it holds together!

Currently Reading: I'm between books but planning to read next Raziel Reid's When Everything Feels Like the Movies (http://www.arsenalpulp.com/bookinfo.php?index=410) and Rainbow Rowell's Attachments.

Favourite Book: Lord of the Rings. I'm a bit of a @pottergoose type fan: Have lived on fan forums, reread regularly, and have gone to fan conferences and academic ones. I'm out of the fan loop a bit now, but LOTR came into my life at a time (a late one, compared to many of my now friends) that mattered in many different ways that have stayed with me ever since.

Nice to see a fellow con goer :smile: have you
    Ever cosplayed?

No. But I have daydreams of cosplaying as Madame Vastra someday, if I win a lottery and can hire someone to make it happen right :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I read every day/night. A lot of my books are freebie Kindle ones so I have tried a large range of authors though I tend to stick to thriller/crime/apocalypse types mostly.

Favourite childhood book: The Secret Island by Enid Blyton
    Favourite books: Too many to list, but if I had to pick one I guess I'd go for The Lord Of The Rings
    Reading now: Infection Z by Ryan Casey (Zombie Apocalypse book)
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I'm reading the 5 Seconds Of Summer book - Hey, Let's Make A Band
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    SkyscraperfanSkyscraperfan Posts: 4,287 Member
    readings for nerds
    My current Novelcy and general blog:
    https://themostevilfish.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    pottergoosepottergoose Posts: 1,543 Member
    simmerine wrote: »
    I've been reading ¨Love in the time of cholera¨ by Gabriel García Marquez, although I sort of stopped because of uni. I'm not an avid reader and haven't read that many books but the one that has really made an impact on me was ¨One hundred years of solitude¨, again by Gabriel García Marquez. I wonder if anyone else here has read any of those books?

I have a paperback copy of One Hundred Years of Solitude that I've read so much I'm amazed it holds together!

Currently Reading: I'm between books but planning to read next Raziel Reid's When Everything Feels Like the Movies (http://www.arsenalpulp.com/bookinfo.php?index=410) and Rainbow Rowell's Attachments.

Favourite Book: Lord of the Rings. I'm a bit of a @pottergoose type fan: Have lived on fan forums, reread regularly, and have gone to fan conferences and academic ones. I'm out of the fan loop a bit now, but LOTR came into my life at a time (a late one, compared to many of my now friends) that mattered in many different ways that have stayed with me ever since.

Nice to see a fellow con goer :smile: have you
    Ever cosplayed?

No. But I have daydreams of cosplaying as Madame Vastra someday, if I win a lottery and can hire someone to make it happen right :)

Oh god that'd be incredible. I wouldn't even know how to figure out the makeup for that! :smiley:
    I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition
  • Options
    LifestyleSimLifestyleSim Posts: 159 Member
    After II, most people probably won't know this book because it is a fan fiction :p
  • Options
    suitcasesuitcase Posts: 103 Member
    This is a great topic! I love reading. I'm currently reading Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore. I have a few favorite books, but my first favorite was Gone with the Wind. It's controversial, but I thought it was so engaging when I read it as a teenager.
  • Options
    sparkietothemaxsparkietothemax Posts: 131 Member
    I love The Reader, the movie is great too. Takes place in 50's Germany and it's a short read, but it made me emotional for 3 days after reading it. Which is really rare for me.
    Right now I'm reading This is Where I Leave You and it's okay, not sure if I'll continue it because it's not my writing style and I don't particularity care for it when the character goes on and on about something.
  • Options
    MzB06MzB06 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Believe it or not my favorite book I read as a child was Oliver Twist I think I was about 9 or 10 and cried after reading it. :'(
  • Options
    Mana94Mana94 Posts: 118 Member
    > @pottergoose said:
    > Harry Potter, which I'm reading for now my sixth time :blush:

me too. but for my thousandth time i think :D