Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Homes by #chris2fer03 ~*~ 104 Ellwood Lane~*~ 7/29/16

Comments

• kipperfan01kipperfan01 Posts: 152 Member
    I have to say you are probably my favourite builder on here, all of your creations are lovely and well thought out. I cant wait to see more of them in the future :smile:
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    <3 This is true perfection Chris! Love, love, love your build! When do I move in? :D Already added to my favourites!
  • Chris2fer03Chris2fer03 Posts: 650 Member
    edited July 2015
    Thanks @Yvonne2772!! Stoked you like it!! I'm also happy to hear you like the use of MOO throughout the build and the landscaping! :)

Thanks @rosemow! Always a pleasure to read your thorough reviews, you notice all of the fine details! :)

Thanks @RyeCris16! So awesome of you to stop by for a comment my friend! Can't wait to see your use of the awning, it's the only use I've found for the get to work fence but it was a pleasant discovery! :) Let me know if you need any tips on getting it setup, always happy to help. :)

Thanks @TheMatteo0! Pleased you like the quirky touches and design, traditional and rustic are two of my favorite styles. :)

Thanks @agusiamal! Happy to see you visit again, I tend spend a significant amount of time building on the exteriors and landscaping so I'm stoked to hear that is your favorite spot! Hang out by the pool all you want, I would too!! Haha! :)

Thanks @Devynsims00! Welcome to my showcase, I appreciate your awesome comment and I'm happy to hear you like my builds. Hopefully my future builds don't disappoint. :)

Thanks @kipperfan01! I'm flattered and humbled, very kind of you! There are so many talented builders and simmers that continually inspire me to push myself when building. So much friendly support in the community, I'm happy to build lots that people enjoy and want to use in their game. :) Hoping to have another build to share in a couple of days, making great progress and I can't wait to share it. :)

Thanks @yanti68! So sweet of you to stop by, after your comment on Casa Mediterranea I couldn't help but build another tuscan home! :) It's ready for you to move in anytime, under one condition, don't forget my invite to the pool party! Ha! :)

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the week so far. I hope to be back with a new build in a day or so. It's a large family home, perfect for a legacy family. Currently working on the main floor decor. :) Thanks for the ongoing support, much appreciated! :blush:

Edit: Special thanks to @itguyinsc @masajo @kreatora and @yanti68 for the nominations in the Maxis rec thread! So kind of each of you!! :blush: *hugs*
    Gallery ID: chris2fer03
    ~Showcase Thread~ ~Photobucket~
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    I will look forward to seeing your large family legacy home! :) I hope that the your furnishing of the main floor goes well.
  • masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    101 Tuscany Way is an awesome build, wonderful architecture and beautiful landscaping, fantastic work all round :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    Thanks @rosemow! Hope you are having a great Saturday. I have finished my build and will be back later today to share it with everyone. :)

Thanks @masajo! Very kind of you, happy to hear you like the landscaping and the architecture! :)

Happy 4th of July to those who celebrate and happy Saturday to everyone! I can't wait to share my latest build with you guys. :)
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
  • YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member
    101 Tuscany Way is a mediterrian diamond in the sky for me ;) When I saw the pics of the pool area, I fell in love <3 The rooms are pretty unique, too :)

I'm also excited to see a new build, I bet it will be awesome ;)
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
    Thanks @YJP19299! Stoked you like my tuscan home! I hope your awesome sims are enjoying the pool area! :)
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
    edited July 2015
    Hey guys, hope you are all having a great day! I'm back to share my latest build, 483 Edenside Avenue.

It is a large family home that would easily accommodate a legacy family. I went with more of a traditional new American design and I'm happy with the results. I did use MOO and debug objects throughout, had a few creative moments and thanks to @BryonyRae and her latest tutorial, they stick when transferring to the gallery. Hope you guys enjoy it! :)

483 Edenside Avenue
    #nocc #chris2fer03
    >>Gallery Link<< >>Slideshow<<

07-04-15_7-58nbspAM-2_zps2pa2sfdo.png

Lamp post created using a debug object and landscaping light.
    07-04-15_7-59nbspAM-2_zpstw15r3eq.png

Back patio with a pergola and entertaining area.
    07-04-15_8-01nbspAM-3_zpsphr1ymzo.png

Garden area.
    07-04-15_8-00nbspAM-8_zpseh0fjona.png

Custom firplace and lounge area. (Umbrella idea borrowed from @BryonyRae ) :)
    07-04-15_8-00nbspAM-6_zpsqvrphra4.png
    Kids play area and another custom lamp post. :)
    07-04-15_8-00nbspAM-5_zpsxc4lodxk.png

The firepit is fully functional with the sofa.
    07-04-15_8-00nbspAM-7_zpspujxq78w.png

Side entrance to the backyard with direct access to a guest room.
    07-04-15_8-00nbspAM-2_zpsyq2vsilt.png

Front entrance.
    07-04-15_8-03nbspAM-3_zpsncg0uxar.png

Office area off the front entrance hallway.
    07-04-15_8-02nbspAM-2_zpsye1h6bgf.png

Main floor living area with custom built-in cabinetry.
    07-04-15_8-03nbspAM_zpshcqjkzzd.png

Dining room.
    07-04-15_8-03nbspAM-5_zpscuy10wat.png

Kitchen. I wanted the fridge to look as if it had custom cabinetry build around it. This was achieved by placed the cabinets in the basement and height adjusting them to the main floor. This prevented routing issues, you can see them when opening the fridge but I don't mind. :)
    07-04-15_8-04nbspAM_zps82v0pawp.png

Master with en suite.
    07-04-15_8-06nbspAM_zpsnmnymhfk.png
    07-04-15_8-06nbspAM-3_zpsu5wliymd.png

In the master bath I placed the cabinets from the basement and used height elevation with sink to create a custom vanity. The sink is fully functional. :)
    07-04-15_8-06nbspAM-4_zpshmyyjlfj.png

Second floor living area with a custom media center.
    07-04-15_8-07nbspAM-2_zps34atsqso.png

Second floor office. I love the use of the filing cabinets to create a custom, functional workspace.
    07-04-15_8-07nbspAM-3_zpsqpgtkush.png

There are more pics in the slideshow of the entire build, I just wanted to highlight some of my favorite aspects of the build. I hope you guys enjoy it and I appreciate the time taken to check it out. :) #chris2fer03
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
  • BlindxSecretsBlindxSecrets Posts: 652 Member
    edited July 2015
    @chris2fer03 Your houses are always absolutely beyond gorgeous. I think I've downloaded all of them at this point. All I know is I'm loading up the game right now just to download this one. Amazing work. I adore the media center and how you put the TV on that shelf. The little walk-in closet in the bedroom. Just....everything. Mad props.
    The Noble Legacy (A Prettacy)
    Origin ID: BlindxSecrets
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    483 Edenside Avenue is a very nice home! :) The exterior design of the home is so very nice! The open shutter windows look very pretty! The roofing is very nice! The small trees and the flowers look very pretty how you have placed them on the edges of the home and the sides of the front pathway! The two trees in the squares at the start of the front pathway looks nice. The flowers and plants throughout outdoors areas of the build look so very nice! Very nice back patio! The pool and hot tub area is very nice! Sims will have fun swimming in the pool, enjoy relaxing in the hot tub, or enjoy resting on the loungers poolside under the umbrella. It looks very nice how you have placed the fireplace next to the hot tub! The plants and candle are nice touches on the fireplace ledge. Child sims will have fun playing on the monkey bars. The sports equipment is a nice touch near the monkey bars. Very nice back porch! Sims will enjoy cooking on the BBQ there and eating their meals poolside at the umbrella covered table. The candle is a nice touch on the table. They will enjoy sitting resting on the armchairs having a drink from the bar. The pots of plants throughout the build both indoors and outside look very nice how you have placed them! The blue and white colour of the outdoors furnishings looks nice. Nice firepit area for sims to sit resting on the sofa keeping warm near the fire. Very nice gardening area for sims to enjoy growing and harvesting plants. Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the home! The colour schemes of the bedrooms look nice. The family room is very nice! It looks very nice how you have placed the bookcases there, and have placed the shelves above and below the TV to create the TV alcove! The plants look nice on the these shelves. The mooing work in this area looks very great! Sims will enjoy sitting resting there watching TV, reading books and listening to radio music from the music player. It looks nice how you have angled the armchairs either sides of the sofa for sims to enjoy sitting and chatting. The wall pattern looks nice. It looks nice how you have placed the same picture on the side wall at slightly different levels to create a great look. Very nice round table sitting area in the room. The flowers on the table are pretty for sims to see when sitting there, and the plants are nice touches of nature in the corner of the room and on the table behind the sofa. The children's art and science room is great! Children will have fun doing artwork on the art tables or experiments on the science table. The jigsaw patterned flooring looks colourfully nice! The study room is very nice! It looks very nice how you have combined the two desks together and have placed the books on the middle area! Sims will enjoy using the computer together at the same time. Very nice master bedroom! The walk in clothes and shoes closet is very nice! Very nice layout of the bedroom! Very nice windows armchairs sitting area! The type of curtains that you have used there looks very nice. The flowers, photo frame and books are nice touches on the table there. The plants in the corners of the rooms through the home add nice looks in the room. The art studio is very nice! The art decor there looks great! The sunflowers picture is a nice sunny sight for sims to see when painting on the easel there. The fruit bowl and red flowers look nice on the table. Very nice design of the kitchen! The wall pattern and wall tiling is very nice! The black, blue and white colour scheme of the room looks nice. It looks great how you have created a large island sink and bar stool counter! The fruit bowl on the counter and the plates and knives on the wall are nice kitchen touches in the room. The coffee machine corner is great! The sunflowers picture on the wall is nice for sims to see when cooking and eating meals. The window table alcove with the plants and flowers in it is very nice! The fruit pictures look nice how you have positioned them on the wall. The cabinets look nice how you have placed them around the fridge. The living room is very nice! It looks very nice how you have placed the cabinets to create the TV. alcove! The sofas and armchair looks nice how you have placed them there. The tissue box and books are homely touches on the coffee table. Sims will have fun playing chess on the chess table. Very nice corner sitting area! It looks very nice how you have placed the armchairs around the round table there for sims to enjoy chatting. The leafy pictures look nice on the corner walls, and the way you have mooed the items in the corner there looks very great! It looks nice how you have curtained the archway from the kitchen to the dining room. The dining room is very nice! The type of seating that you have used there gives a very nice look to the room! The white colour of them looks nice. The teaset is a nice touch on the dining table.
    The home is very nice! :)
  • BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    Chris, Edenside is a beautiful piece of work both inside and out. I think that the architecture is very well balanced, and I love your use of the vases for detailing, so clever! Your landscaping is always lush and enhances the home's appearance, and of course, you definitely had lots of clever MOO moments going on! Love the sunken umbrella table outdoors - great idea. :) Also, the way you turned around that one sideboard and made it into a great corner piece was wonderful. Your interiors are well detailed and very pleasing to the eye. I love the home! :)
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member
    BryonyRae had already said what I wanted to say, but there is one thing which is totally awesome ;) I love the area of the whirlpool where you also put a Fireplace (I'm pretty sure that isn't the word I searched for but whatever I'm german LoL :sunglasses:) with a orange diamond with MOO (Which is pretty clever as BryonyRae already said ;)) <3 Awesome home ;)
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
  • BlindxSecretsBlindxSecrets Posts: 652 Member
    So I just put down the 204 Vermont Avenue lot and have been playing in it....and I've noticed an issue. Whenever my Sim cooks, she never mixes or does anything like that in the kitchen. She takes it downstairs to the bathroom and prepares the meal over the sink. Not sure why she's doing that, I'm trying to fix it....tried moving all the objects on the counters off, but no dice. Must be the counters themselves, or am I just horribly bugged? :(
    The Noble Legacy (A Prettacy)
    Origin ID: BlindxSecrets
    edited July 2015
    Thanks @BlindxSecrets! Stoked you like my homes, especially my latest! Very kind of you to stop by for a comment. Hope you enjoy it in game!! :)

Also, I just logged in to check the issue you are having with 204 Vermont Avenue. I saw another builder posting the same issue with her build. Apparently it's an issue with the corner cabinet pieces. I moved the two plants behind the stove to the far sides of the island and my sim mixed on the counter behind the stove and baked the cake normally. Try deleting those two plants or moving them off of the full counter behind the stove allowing the sim to route to that counter. I'm sorry this was an issue, thank you for pointing it out. :) Let me know if this works for you, I'm happy to help test and get this issue fixed for you. :)

07-05-15_9-13nbspPM_zpsgy1qnfgw.png
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
    @rosemow thank you for checking out Edenside Avenue and for such a nice comment! I enjoyed your review and all of the highlights of the build mentioned throughout your comment, so kind. :)

@BryonyRae, I am overjoyed you like Edenside and my MOO moments. I couldn't wait to try out your basement spaces tutorial and it really allowed me to think outside of the box. As for the vase idea, I spent a lot of time scanning the catalogs for something that would add some detail to those particular areas of the roof line and I really like how it turned out. :) One thing I noticed, my tall shrubs were actually two shrubs with one height adjusted. It didn't drop when I was testing placing the lot various times. However, they did drop when I placed directly from the gallery vs my library. So from now on I will use your handy fix for landscaping MOO. Thanks again, I appreciate you taking the time to check it out in game. :)

@YJP19299 nice of you to stop by and leave another awesome comment, thank you! I'm stoked you like Edenside and the fireplace area! I tried a few different scenarios but I liked that one the best and I'm happy you like it as well. I appreciate you stopping by, I need to visit and check out your wonderful sims catalog updates! :)
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Another fabulous home! I love how you make each house look like a real home! So warm, cosy and welcoming! Loving the architecture, the backyard and the beautiful interiors! Will be adding to my favourites if I haven't already. <3<3

About your tuscan home I cannot have a pool party without friends, right? So you are definitely invited! :D Hugs :D
  • RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Chris, I already left you a comment on Twitter, but I still wanna say that 483 Edenside Avenue is another superb build! :smiley:
    Your architecture is very gorgeous and complex! Love that brickish feel and awesome roofing too and love the dormers! Beautiful landscaping! Love the bushes, pergola, and even the lake! Love the fireplace outdoor too! Awesome post lights idea! And last, the interior! Love your customized media centers and again, awesome MOOing! Very awesome work my friend! :smiley:
    Although this is you last build for a bit, hope you're having a great start of your class and doing very well! :blush: Take care! *bro hugs* :smiley:
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    Gorgeous builds Chris all very detailed and the landscaping is superb. :) Folly
  • Shawnda182Shawnda182 Posts: 129 Member
    I love your homes @chris2fer03 I been looking for a certain house for my sim self in newcrest.
  • kreatorakreatora Posts: 557 Member
    Next masterful job. Beautiful architecture, charming garden and elegant interior. The bathroom is great with this new type of MOO washbasins :) Besides, it is difficult to pick the best room in the house because all are perfect.
    I have seen it in Gallery and is has my heart ♥ as all of your recent work, which I estimate a small jewels of Sim's architecture.
    My ID Origin kreatora
    Hero on EA AHQ
  • masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    Fantastic architecture to Edenside Avenue with great roofing and beautiful landscaping. Very elegant interior design, looks very gorgeous :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • bokylie1bokylie1 Posts: 804 Member
    483 Edenside Avenue is another amazing build @Chris2fer03. Your builds keep getting better and better. Love your creativity.
    Forum and Origin ID: bokylie1

• PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
    483 Edenside Avenue looks so beautiful Chris :) You are so good with this particular style!