Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is Sims Freeplay better than Sims 4?

As title suggests.... what do you think?
Aussie_Simmer

Comments

• Moderator_PierceModerator_Pierce Posts: 142 Member
    No, I do not think so.

I have played Sims Freeplay for about a year on the Google Nexus 7 and found it took too much of my time. I think the real time factor of Sims Freeplay is too distracting, I always had to keep track of who did what, which plants were ripe at which time, when I needed to be in the game to complete daily or weekly challenges. I am probably not cut out for that.
    Also I just missed the house-building possibilities of Sims 2, 3 and 4.

On the positive side, the social aspect of the neighbours or friends in Sims Freeplay is something that could be an asset to Sims 4, I think.
  • Jaysim88Jaysim88 Posts: 1,327 Member
    The Sims free play is a very big game and its soooo slow as its all in real time so it take 4 of our hours to plant some vegetables!! Man I got bored after a day. Its not a better game but it does have better content.
  • emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    Sims freeplay is a app not a game. I hate freeplay it's mindless and badly made anyways.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    If Sims Freeplay didn't run in real time and had better graphics it would be better than Sims 4...
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I think sims 4 is better. Not even sure it's a fair comparison imo. There are of course additional content to sims Freeplay because it's been out for a few years like any other sims game.

I played Freeplay a little while when it first came out when all your sim did was eat, sleep work and meet other sims you created in the neighborhood, then I played again a little last year around Halloween when tons more things were added. I think it's an okay game. But not interested in it at the moment.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    They're both equally bad.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • gabriella92italygabriella92italy Posts: 607 Member
    Sims 4 is better!!!
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    No I ditched the Sims Freeplay for the Sims 4 and I'm sure as {expletive} not going back.
    In the sims freely you had to farm sims for their life orbs to keep your main sims from aging.
    I didn't mind real time, but the idea of life orbs was just a bad idea.
    I don't think they should be compared, Sims Freeplay was designed to over shadow the Sims 3 app.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Rayeee18Rayeee18 Posts: 333 Member
    The sims freeplay seemed so fun at first but I was completely put off by how slow time moves! I couldn't handle it.
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    They're both terrible.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    The Sims Freeplay is a huge and fantastic freemium game for mobile devices and made by the Australian Firemonkey Studio while the Sims 4 is an expensive PC game made by Maxis. So the games are not at all compatible. They are developed for very different types of gamers.

I ignored Freeplay when it was released because I thought that it would be even more trivial than the Sims 3. I am not into social games and didn't think a free game could be very good. But I tried it about half a year ago and was very surprised. Even so I didn't think much about it in the beginning. It starts very slow and I didn't at all realize how deep Freeplay actually is. But when I found out I was hooked. I play it a lot - and no - I don't use Facebook and I don't ever pay for anything! Not because I couldn't afford it. But because it isn't necessary and because it is strongly against my principles to pay for shortening the pleasure by reaching the end of the game sooner! I want this game to be enjoyable for many more months - and I know that I will stop playing when I have opened up for everything. So why should I shorten my pleasure by paying? (I have more than 200 LPs and usually only use them to solve quests which I can't solve without having friends on Facebook.)

The Sims 4 I see as an extremely easy and trivial game. It is even less challenging than TS3 and TS2. Therefore I can't play it for very long time and I rarely open the game at all.
  • simmey1simmey1 Posts: 580 Member
    No not in my opinion. Everything takes way too long. I am very impatient.
  • ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    I wouldn't say so. At least when I buy something for TS4, I actually get it instead of wondering why nothing arrived.
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,453 Member
    No.

No.

No.

No.

Freeplay needs to be burned and thrown off a cliff.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • thepinkwitchthepinkwitch Posts: 1,577 Member
    A BIG FAT NOPE!
    You must be outta your mind to even think that!
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited June 2016
    The game mechanics of Sims 4 are better. Waiting for stuff to happen in real time is a pain in the you know what. In Freeplay, there are no cheats, you have to spend real money to get more Simoleons (to buy venues for instance), and there is a limit to the number of Sims that can live in the town (at level 25, 20 Sims) and a limit to the number of houses that can be built at any given time. You have to gain levels to unlock certain furniture, decorations, wallpapers, and floors. However, in Sims Freeplay you can avoid aging and death by avoiding the Seniors and the Life Dreams and Legacies quests. There are also some features in Freeplay that have not been included in Sims 4 (at least not yet): Toddlers, Magic, Shopping Mall, Nannies, Salsa Dancing (with 2 Sims), a Medieval Castle, an Ice skating rink (and unlockable Ski Lift) and Pets. There's also a restaurant quest that ends with your sims unlocking the restaurant only to find it needs massive repairs. (Time to invite half the town to clean it up!)
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • HeketeHekete Posts: 247 Member
    only complaint i have about freesims is you cant get your sims pregnant , that was opted out for TBH good reasons . children play it : ) that only excuse i can see why they opt that content out. i love free sims. my house currently is worth ohhhh over 3 M!!! right now XD its 5 stories tall with basments and i have pets also :) and its nothing but gothic design for everything. = D

sim 4 only better do to the graphics XD and some mechanics.
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    A rock is better than sims 4 :smirk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCf2ZZLHy-k
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • HeketeHekete Posts: 247 Member
    The game mechanics of Sims 4 are better. Waiting for stuff to happen in real time is a pain in the you know what. In Freeplay, there are no cheats, you have to spend real money to get more Simoleons (to buy venues for instance), and there is a limit to the number of Sims that can live in the town (at level 25, 20 Sims) and a limit to the number of houses that can be built at any given time. You have to gain levels to unlock certain furniture, decorations, wallpapers, and floors. However, in Sims Freeplay you can avoid aging and death by avoiding the Seniors and the Life Dreams and Legacies quests. There are also some features in Freeplay that have not been included in Sims 4 (at least not yet): Toddlers, Magic, Shopping Mall, Nannies, Salsa Dancing (with 2 Sims), a Medieval Castle, an Ice skating rink (and unlockable Ski Lift) and Pets. There's also a restaurant quest that ends with your sims unlocking the restaurant only to find it needs massive repairs. (Time to invite half the town to clean it up!)

dont forget the awesome broom riding skill! : D and ghost hunting. i maxed out my broom riding. and my magic one too also my making spells also maxed.
  • adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    the sims 4 when it cameout was horrible but today the sims 4 is a good game but the sims 3 is still life! and i played sims freeplay and i reached a high level until i gived up action are way too many hours there is like no ways to gel lifestyle pionts and getting simoleons are just a hassle the sims 4 on the other hand is a game that costs money and have better fuaetres but NO ONE can argue the sims 3 is just amazing!
  • Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    I think TS4 and Freeplay are both abysmal. It's like asking me if I'd rather die by fire or by bee stings.

But at least Freeplay is, you know, free. So you're not paying for the plum.
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Sims Freeplay has some okay content, but dear gOD I want that real time feature to burn. It's not exactly something you'd be able to play for hours. I uninstalled it and tried remaking my sims from it into Sims 4 instead.

You can also not really customize their faces (there are presets which are basically just makeup??), aging up cost money last time I checked, and overall it's just really lame. Sure, it has preteens and toddlers, but at what cost?

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • taratownietaratownie Posts: 167 Member
    No, it isn't. I played it for a while but uninstalled it soon. Hated to wait for x real life hours for something to happen and all the achievements I needed to do to unlock more features and all those sims I needed to create to level up when I just wanted to play one family.
    I have everything I want from the Sims 3 Store. Thanks again for everyone who helped <3
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    i actually played it for a few months and was really into it. i don't play it now though... :lol: