Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tiny Living Challenge Idea!!

Comments

• Maddy-the-PoodleMaddy-the-Poodle Posts: 7 New Member
    Hello, Simmers! I am terribly sorry for being inactive for SOOOO very long! I have a new job and have been overseas! So, I will now go through and answer all of your questions and listen to your suggestions, which some are great btw!! So sorry for being inactive! And, big thank you to @kristinepunktum for kind of managing this while I've been gone! Thank you sooo much!
  • kristinepunktumkristinepunktum Posts: 166 Member
    And, big thank you to @kristinepunktum for kind of managing this while I've been gone! Thank you sooo much!

Oh no problem haha I hope I wasn't doing anything wrong and gave all the correct answers. I LOVE this challenge so much so I just wanted to help out! Congrats with the job! :smiley:

My Youtube Channel
    Current challenges: The History Challenge, the 10 Baby Mama Challenge (Sims 3) and of course; The Legacy Challenge.

kEVfgAW.jpg
    edited June 2015
    I cannot stress enough how much I love this challenge, and it really IS a challenge unlike anything I have tried before. When I started out, I deleted a lot of money so it would be even harder to start, and I highly recommend it because it makes it so much fun. Thank you @Maddy-the-Poodle for this awesome idea. I have always been a fan of the real life tiny houses, so this is so much fun. There could be some clarifications on how to furnish the other 5x5's if you decide to build them, because you could basically just make one of them a living room or office with a bed, etc.

I did some upgrades and re-arranging of the house! It sorely needed it, especially since the third generation has been born! I will not build another 5x5 because I like the challenge as it is, and because the founders husband died as an adult, so there's only three residents as of now since the heir Averie got pregnant but never married or moved in with her baby daddy.

This is what it used to look like:
    TOvppwS.jpg

(Had to screencap from my old videos to find a footage of the old house)

And this is what it looks like now, with a new baby, a deceased grandfather (worst and funniest death ever), a living grandmother who shares the bed with the woman (her daughter and heir) who just gave birth to the second generation baby, born within the tiny house!

H1lyFch.jpg

Birdseye view, with the bathroom as a separate room in the back, accessible by walking outside and entering through the door on the side.

Nnhciep.jpg

Kitchen works fine, you step into it right when you enter the house. I also love the bed by Unobservantsim at tumblr.com (frame and separate matress with a lot of nice beddings) And the plastered wall as a contrast.

ZoSOTf9.jpg
    Fully functioning office for the ambitious writer, Averie who is now a mother - the father of the child is an elder and will probably croak soon, so he didn't move in with them.

48X2tKz.jpg

The woman of the house, Averie - now a mother to a son. Love her expression. I would look like that too if I had to step up to the plate in their tiny, tiiiny house.

I was inspired by the beautiful houses I saw in this thread and figured that it needed a little pick me up, especially when the grandmother (founder of the challenge, her name is Josie), is bringing in the bucks with her painting skill.

(edited for typos.)
    Post edited by kristinepunktum on
    My Youtube Channel
    Current challenges: The History Challenge, the 10 Baby Mama Challenge (Sims 3) and of course; The Legacy Challenge.

kEVfgAW.jpg
    swcheppes wrote: »
    I just created my Tiny Living family, so excited to try this. I wanted to share them and their cute house!

Joanna Bach
    gA7A4oH.png
    Tyler Bach
    fjToSRg.png
    Their cute house!
    JofFepS.png
    zN0sTqj.png
    5cOQDvy.png
    hKV3XgW.png
    3cLABRh.png

Woow, what a beautiful couple and beautiful house!! I love that it looks so modern. :smile:
    My Youtube Channel

kEVfgAW.jpg
  • Kit10Kit10 Posts: 303 Member
    edited June 2015
    Generation 3 was just born for my Tiny Living Challenge sims! Here's what the place looks like so far. There are currently seven sims living here! I've been really enjoying this challenge and will actually keep it going for this legacy family for as long as I can.

B3WVncz.png

7c3BSfr.png

MjC63xK.png
  • totalRainbowtotalRainbow Posts: 425 Member
    @Kit10 that lot is absolutely perfect! You've maximized the space in each 5x5 brilliantly!! And for 7 sims! Great work.
    # BuildNewcrest Legacy Challenge : Rosenburg
    Forum Thread | Blog
  • FennadevFennadev Posts: 180 Member
    I really wanna start this with a gay couple, but at what point are they allowed to adopt a child?
    @Kit10 that lot is absolutely perfect! You've maximized the space in each 5x5 brilliantly!! And for 7 sims! Great work.
    Thank you so much!

edited June 2015
    Fennadev wrote: »
    I really wanna start this with a gay couple, but at what point are they allowed to adopt a child?
    I think when the OP says not to start with a baby right off the bat I think she means you can create your sim and his/her mate if you wish, but don't create a baby in the family. Once they are placed and ready to go I think it's fine to adopt, once you can afford it. I started my sims family as soon as she got married. I didn't choose to create a mate for her, but instead searched one out from the townies. Good luck!

• Sara74469Sara74469 Posts: 513 Member
    I did a gay couple to start with and it turned out well for me when they adopted!
    Right when you go into live mode! You're just not supposed to create kids in CAS, you have to raise them from babies to adults for them to count as a generation :smile:

My Youtube Channel

kEVfgAW.jpg
  • LunarianRose1LunarianRose1 Posts: 2 New Member
    So I've been doing this challenge, and I do have all the expansions with the game. Would having a retail store count as a job? or no?
  • LifeSimLifeSim Posts: 139 Member
    OK, so I just started this challenge and finished recorded the first part! I did find that if you want to save money then buy cheap furniture until you get enough to get more. Also you can find frogs which can help with money. Also going fishing helps. The 5x5 house is near a fishing spot
    everyone is different not similar <3
  • Tinkerbelch26Tinkerbelch26 Posts: 647 Member
    I cannot stress enough how much I love this challenge, and it really IS a challenge unlike anything I have tried before. When I started out, I deleted a lot of money so it would be even harder to start, and I highly recommend it because it makes it so much fun. Thank you @Maddy-the-Poodle for this awesome idea. I have always been a fan of the real life tiny houses, so this is so much fun. There could be some clarifications on how to furnish the other 5x5's if you decide to build them, because you could basically just make one of them a living room or office with a bed, etc.

I did some upgrades and re-arranging of the house! It sorely needed it, especially since the third generation has been born! I will not build another 5x5 because I like the challenge as it is, and because the founders husband died as an adult, so there's only three residents as of now since the heir Averie got pregnant but never married or moved in with her baby daddy.

This is what it used to look like:
    TOvppwS.jpg

(Had to screencap from my old videos to find a footage of the old house)

And this is what it looks like now, with a new baby, a deceased grandfather (worst and funniest death ever), a living grandmother who shares the bed with the woman (her daughter and heir) who just gave birth to the second generation baby, born within the tiny house!

H1lyFch.jpg

Birdseye view, with the bathroom as a separate room in the back, accessible by walking outside and entering through the door on the side.

Nnhciep.jpg

Kitchen works fine, you step into it right when you enter the house. I also love the bed by Unobservantsim at tumblr.com (frame and separate matress with a lot of nice beddings) And the plastered wall as a contrast.

ZoSOTf9.jpg
    Fully functioning office for the ambitious writer, Averie who is now a mother - the father of the child is an elder and will probably croak soon, so he didn't move in with them.

48X2tKz.jpg

The woman of the house, Averie - now a mother to a son. Love her expression. I would look like that too if I had to step up to the plate in their tiny, tiiiny house.

I was inspired by the beautiful houses I saw in this thread and figured that it needed a little pick me up, especially when the grandmother (founder of the challenge, her name is Josie), is bringing in the bucks with her painting skill.

(edited for typos.)

I love your house! I am just getting ready to start this challenge myself, and was having issues figuring out how to fit what I needed inside haha. I hope you don't mind but I am totally taking the idea of making the bathroom accessible from the outside! That is a great idea! Also your lady of the house is beautiful!
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    I am doing a wild wild west version (I want to post pics but not sure how (I am very new to the forum).
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • UniSimsUniSims Posts: 1,246 Member
    I have been looking at this challenge for a while and have been hesitating to try it but, I have finally decided to actually do it!
    laughing-gifs-old-timey.gif

Everything is more colourful in black and white
  • dmama1314dmama1314 Posts: 262 Member
    My post would not post. It said it had to be approved! :(
  • dmama1314dmama1314 Posts: 262 Member
    My post would not post. It said it had to be approved! :(
  • alyrumphalyrumph Posts: 1 New Member
    I just started this challenge a couple days ago and I'm amazed by how much fun it is! <3 I would like to post pictures, but normally I do not post on these forumns because I keep forgetting to... This is the one exception, just because of how fun this challenge is! This is the first challenge that I've been entertained enough that I'm not even thinking of cheating in! (I'm very bad at completing challenges legit lol.. or just completing them in general xD) I <3 this challenge so much! Thanks for putting this up ^.^
  • SimluvurSimluvur Posts: 17 Member
    > @Maddy-the-Poodle said:
    > Hello Simmers!
    >
    > So, typically as Simmers, we create a Sim or a family of Sims and move into a big, beautiful house. We all do it. Don't lie.
    >
    > So, I propose a new challenge for ya'll to try. It's called......TINY LIVING CHALLENGE! Yay!
    >
    > Alright, so on to the rules.
    >
    > CAS Rules:
    >
    > 1. Traits don't matter but I recommend something to help you along because...
    >
    > 2. You can't have a Career, but you must make money somehow. So, maybe Creative traits to help along a Painter or a Musician.
    >
    > 3. You can make yourself a husband/wife or you try to find one.
    >
    > 4. Cannot make children right off the bat.
    >
    > 5. You can play with the lifespan all you want, normal, short, long, doesn't matter.
    >
    > House Building Rules:
    >
    > 1. Your house cannot be bigger than a 5x5. It can be smaller if you want to give yourself an extra challenge, but it can not be bigger than a 5x5.
    >
    > 2. You must buy at least one thing from every option, like a fridge from the Kitchen or a bed from the Bedroom. The exception is the Kids option. For example, if you Sort by Room, you have to buy something from each room.
    >
    > 3. The bed must be a big bed. This takes up some room, so be careful. But, no single beds for your first Sim. Plus, when he/she takes a husband or wife, they need to sleep in the same bed. Also, the bed must be accessible from both sides.
    >
    > 4. NO 2ND STORY! Only one story houses.
    >
    > 5. No porches. That'll add extra space, so NO!
    >
    > 6. Decorate anyway you want!
    >
    > 7. You can have a pool.
    >
    > 8. NO EXPANSIONS! It must ALWAYS be a 5x5 house or smaller.
    >
    > 9. Hobbies can be kept outside the house, like easel and violins, because they take up room and for a couple who has multiple hobbies to make money, it's hard to keep it all in the house.
    >
    > 10. SIMS CAN NOT SLEEP OUTSIDE!!
    >
    > 11. I recommend one kid in each generation. My sister is trying it too and she got twins and she says it's so hard because she has to deal with two babies and a wife and husband in the same 5x5. But, if you want to, go ahead.
    >
    > 12. Once you have a child, you can move something out of the house to make room for their bed. For example, when you begin, you should have a dining room, kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, and some office stuff. When a kid comes along, you can move the kitchen outside and have an outside kitchen or you can move the dining room outside and eat outside all the time. Your choice, but this should make some space.
    >
    > 13. Once kids become young adults, you can make them their OWN 5x5 on the SAME lot. They can't be connected, but must be on the same lot. For example, your 1st generation will have their own 5x5 and their kid and his/her spouse will have their own 5x5.
    >
    > 14. You must raise at least 3 generations on the SAME lot (raising consisting of Baby to Young Adult). Space will be tight so good luck. (Meaning, by the 3rd generation, you should have at least 3 5x5 baby houses.)
    >
    > 15. The challenge is over when the 3rd generation kid gets married OR becomes an adult!
    >
    > I think that's it. This is just an idea and I'm still play testing it, but I've run into some unique problems, like item placement and Sims being unable to get to stuff. So, let me know if there's any other ideas or suggestions to add on to this, but this is the Basics!
    >
    > Check out me play testing it on my YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/105maddie105
    >
    > Tschüs!

<3 I am totally loving this idea! Though I do not own The Sims 4, I am going to try this in The Sims 2. I tried to work with The Sims 3, but for some reason my computer was being goofy(never happened before) when I was playing The Sims 3. This is just the challenge I may have been looking for! Thank you - yes, I have like 5 or 6 legacy's going on..but I want to try this..Thank you! <3
  • FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    I am going to take a shot at this challenge! I am going to make just a female sim and have her search for a husband from the townies.
  • VisannyVisanny Posts: 66 Member
    I'm kind of all over with what I want to do as far as challenges, stories etc but this seems so casual that I might just start one =)
    banner2.png
  • VisannyVisanny Posts: 66 Member
    tin1.png

This is Julia (and man does she look grumpy even though she's not a grumpy person lol)
    and she has moved into this tiny lot.

tiny2.png

This is the blueprint of her house. Tiny but cute =)

tiny3.png
    tiny4.png

Some close up pictures inside her house. She's walking over to get a book on the
    bottom picture because she's quite fond of reading.

tiny5.png

Julia actually spent the first few hours just reading

tiny6.png

And so I gave her a job as a writer and just like that we are ready for our adventure!
    banner2.png
  • FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    edited September 2015
    Since I made a single sim and planned to find her a spouse, what if that spouse has a job? Once they are married, do they need to quit their job?

Edit: Nevermind.. I found a mate that didn't have a job. :D
    Post edited by Fizzstix on