Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Batch fixer so Sims won't wear their clothes in the shower

If you're like me you find it annoying when your Sim insists on wearing that super nice custom garment you got them when they take a shower or bath. Fortunately, Sims 4 Studio can fix your entire mods folder all at once so that no garment you've downloaded will show up on the Sim when it shouldn't anymore. You can get the batch fixer at Sims 4 Studio forums and there is an easy 4 step tutorial HERE that shows how to use it. The fix will not affect hair or accessories so you don't need to worry that your Sim will shower bald.

The batch fix process also makes a complete back up of all the content it changes and it will remove any Sims 3 .package that accidentally snuck into your mods folder at the same time.

The same download includes a batch fixer for CAS items that show up on random Sims too. The tutorial showing how to use that is HERE.

Comments

• AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    Those two fixes are amazing, and I'm very grateful that S4Studio though of adding them. I deleted so much cc because of the in shower issue.
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • _orangemittens__orangemittens_ Posts: 512 Member
    I'm glad to hear the batch fixes are helpful :)
  • tommyo3000tommyo3000 Posts: 37 New Member
    IS it only for PC though?
  • jennymarblesjennymarbles Posts: 59 Member
    @tommyo3000 it looks like it's only for PC/windows :( no mac support yet for S4S!
  • GreyWindGreyWind Posts: 489 Member
    I don't want to bump this thread but I wanted to say thanks for posting this I've been looking everywhere for a fix. Hope it helps others looking for a fix.
    @GreyWind, I'm glad you find the batch fix helpful :)
  • seahorsegirl33seahorsegirl33 Posts: 1 New Member
    It did not work for me. :(
    Hi seahorsegirl33, which items did you expect to be fixed that were not fixed?
  • ScumbumboScumbumbo Posts: 148 Member
    @seahorsegirl33 - Note that Sims 4 Studio just fixes the bad CC, it can't repair the sims in your game that might be bathing in clothes (at least not yet, AFAIK) so you won't see an immediate change in the game. You will either need to manually fix the sims with bad outfits in game, or use a mod to fix your sims. This is particularly true of the showering/bathing in outfits content which can affect a large number of sims. Several simmers requested an "in game" batch fix for that, and I've added a feature to my Outfit Tools mod which can reset the bathing outfit of all sims in the game: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=541770
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Scumbumbo wrote: »
    @seahorsegirl33 - Note that Sims 4 Studio just fixes the bad CC, it can't repair the sims in your game that might be bathing in clothes (at least not yet, AFAIK) so you won't see an immediate change in the game. You will either need to manually fix the sims with bad outfits in game, or use a mod to fix your sims. This is particularly true of the showering/bathing in outfits content which can affect a large number of sims. Several simmers requested an "in game" batch fix for that, and I've added a feature to my Outfit Tools mod which can reset the bathing outfit of all sims in the game: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=541770

Nice one :)
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
    Sims 4 Studio changes the tags for garments in the Mods folder. It will not fix a Sim that has already been bugged by wearing incorrectly tagged garments. If there are bugged Sims that are wearing their clothes in the shower probably the best thing to do would be to first fix your content tags using Studio's batch fix and then fix your bugged Sims using the Outfit Tools mod.
    Nope still not working for me....grrr.

Removed mods, cleared cache files, repaired game, put mods back, ran Studio fix, launched game, ran outfit tools command. Sent sim for shower and she is fully clothed...lol

What I have been doing in the past is to create my bathing outfit in a sleep category and then using the outfit tools to copy over the bathing outfit. Bit tedious when you have a lot of sims, but it works.
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
    Is the problem that Studio is failing to re-tag all the garments or that the Outfit Tools is failing to reset the Sim's bathing outfit? I've never run the Outfit Tools but, in some circumstances, an incorrectly tagged item caused the Sim who had been wearing it to shower clothed even after the incorrectly tagged item was removed from the Mods folder. The Sim itself had become permanently bugged. The only solution I found for that was getting rid of that Sim.
    Is the problem that Studio is failing to re-tag all the garments or that the Outfit Tools is failing to reset the Sim's bathing outfit? I've never run the Outfit Tools but, in some circumstances, an incorrectly tagged item caused the Sim who had been wearing it to shower clothed even after the incorrectly tagged item was removed from the Mods folder. The Sim itself had become permanently bugged. The only solution I found for that was getting rid of that Sim.

Studio seemed to run fine as did the outfit tools. I got expected feedback from both - studio went through the folder and indeed fixed some items. Got a nice little list from outfit tools of all my sims.

Looks like I have a lot of bugged Sims - :sweat:

Thankfully it isn't super crucial as I have found a workround. I will stay with them and do that in the meantime, in case another possibility pops up in the future.
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
    Hmm, that kind of sucks. If you create a new sim of the same age and gender do they have a mangled bathing outfit? If not, you could try copying the bathing outfit from them to an affected sim by hand and see if that clears it up. It would be a pain to do the copy for each sim you need, but might solve the problem.

With the sim that has a valid bathing outfit selected, you would use the command 'outfit.copy b 1 to SIM NAME b 1' Hopefully that will work for you.

Also, are you sure you don't just have a mod that is outdated and causing problems with the shower/bath interactions and preventing the outfit change that is supposed to occur?
  • WizardOfRozWizardOfRoz Posts: 92 Member
    Just wanna say, I downloaded the Sims4Studio and followed the instructions, and then I went to MTS, and got the mod SCUMBUMBO made ♥ :)
    Everything worked perfectly. :smiley: Thanks so much for posting in this forum! I was having trouble finding what I needed.
    edited January 2016
    For those who have been waiting for the Outfit Tools mod to be updated post Dec. 4 game patch - it's finally working again thanks to Deaderpool's assistance.

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=541770

You still need to use Sims 4 Studio to fix the outfits with the bad tags of course.
  • KimmyGirlKimmyGirl Posts: 5 New Member
    I am extremely frustrated. Any Sims I have created since around the 17th are showering and nude and woohooing with their clothes on. Not CC but EA clothing. I have tried both mods - S4S disallowing clothes for showering to fix any tags (it did fix a few) then I've also tried both the Reset bathing outfit mod and the outfit copy mod (by making a sleep 2 nude outfit but my sim still changed into clothing when it was time to be nude). I have both of these mods in my folder, do they conflict at all?

I've tried making new sims and starting new games but they all end up wearing clothes instead of being nude. I've even put in older Sims that are fine in their own games but don't get nude in the new games. I don't save any of these games just in case.

I also have the MC Command Center and I have Woohoo naked as true, but it doesn't seem to work.

Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated.
    Studio's batch fix only works on CC so it cannot fix a problem with Sims wearing EA garments while showering. Have you tried taking out all your mods to be sure it isn't a mod that is causing the problem? If the problem persists after removing all your mods perhaps using EA's repair game feature might help.
    I will try repairing the game. I thought that maybe I had found the CC that was causing the issue, but not only was it something that I've had for quite a long time with no ill effect on my sims, when I took it out of my game and ran the game with all the other custom content I still had the EA clothes popping up. The Studio batch worked great, but the outfit copier mod has not allowed me to copy my nude sleeping outfit onto my sim for bathing. Very frustrating!
    Well that did not work. :( Guess I'll have to go through all my files again.
  • WarcofWarcof Posts: 1 New Member
    Trying to solve with mc_dresser (MC Command Center).
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    edited October 2016
    Warcof wrote: »
    Trying to solve with mc_dresser (MC Command Center).

Hello
    A simmer posted that they were able to fix the issue by clicking on the sim whilst they are showering/bathing, then clicking on outfit commands, then clicking on "clean outfits". This helped to fix the issue.
    Post edited by rosemow on
  • ajsmommy1213ajsmommy1213 Posts: 1 New Member
    Is this fix only for CC? The only things I had DL were two nude mods and the mosaic mod, no clothing, no accessories...removed both of the skin mods and my sim is showering in the default pink bra from in game.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Is this fix only for CC? The only things I had DL were two nude mods and the mosaic mod, no clothing, no accessories...removed both of the skin mods and my sim is showering in the default pink bra from in game.

Hello
    This thread on the AHQ EA site refers to the issue
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Female-Sims-wearing-bra-in-Shower-bathing/m-p/5586994#M28689