Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    You know, I don't think I ever actually introduced myself. Oops. Bwaha

Obviously, my name is Mandy and I am a goofball. 99.9% of my posts are laced with sarcasm and attempts at hilarity because I refuse to take anything too seriously.

I come from the great state (sometimes) of North Carolina, USA (GO PANTHERS AND NC STATE!!!) born and raised. I have been playing the sims since TS1. A friend introduced me to the franchise way back in the day. She was fortunate to have a computer, so any time we would get together at her house, we would play The Sims. When my family could finally afford a computer of our own is when TS2 came out. I remember having to fight my brother for game time.

As many know by now, I do play other games such as the Dragon Age Series, Mass Effect series, Star Wars: The Old Republic, anything and everything Zelda (I still have my original Nintendo and Legend of Zelda, that I play to this day), Animal Crossing, Mortal Kombat series, Harvest Moon, and Final Fantasy series. I started gaming at a very young age thanks to having young Uncles. Who had an Atari. My very first game was the original Donkey Kong.

Hello @CipherMandy :) It is nice to meet you. It is nice that you first started simming when a friend showed you the game and you had fun simming at her house on her computer. It was great that you were then able to have fun playing Sims 2 when your family got a computer. It is great that you enjoy playing a variety of other games as well. You can enjoy deciding what to play depending on how you are feeling or what you are feeling like playing that day!
    Happy simming! :)
  • Options
    BabyCarrotzBabyCarrotz Posts: 950 Member
    Welcome to all fellow new members :) I just earnt Member rank today and I am so happy and excited haha. I will definitely post more :p
    PEEt1Hh.gif?1
  • Options
    Welcome to all fellow new members :) I just earnt Member rank today and I am so happy and excited haha. I will definitely post more :p

It is great that you are now a full member @BabyCarrotz :)
  • Options
    AwalkingdragonAwalkingdragon Posts: 76 Member
    @rosemow @Awalkingdragon
    Thanks for the warm welcome! :) Happy simming to you as well!
    Thanks to you as well (: @NordicPhoenix22x
    @BabyCarrotz love the carrot in your forum signature!

Courage
  • Options
    ennaedwynennaedwyn Posts: 68 Member
    I'm a real person via avatar now! WEEEEEE!!!!! ((sprinkles fairydust and runs away))
    Don't eat my avatar!!!!!!! You can find in the community under: ennaedwyn (boy! that was tuff! )
    tumblr_nd4jozkfUy1rrhhnko5_500.gif
    Maybe he was born with it or .....
  • Options
    Vici0us_VirusVici0us_Virus Posts: 3,076 Member
    edited June 2015
    Welcome to reality @ennaedwyn, took you less than a day to get membered. Did you doubt me lol...
    Happy simming and enjoy the many,many cat pics :D congrats.
  • Options
    AimiexoxoAimiexoxo Posts: 396 Member
    edited June 2015
    I've already posted here 2 times, but seeing as I'm going to be active here again I may as well introduce myself for the 3rd time!

Hello guys! My name is Aimie (Amy, but spelled the "French" way) and I'm very young. I live with my Mother and my 4 year old dog. I have 2 sisters and a dad who all do not live with me. I am quarter Spanish, Italian and I'm also half English. I live in England, United Kingdom. I have a boyfriend who is also crazy about The Sims but he plays on the PS2 and the PS3, not on PC/MAC like I do.

I have every EP apart from Pets, as I heard crazy stories that Pets can mess up your game if you have CC. I have also experienced this on my old computer so I'm not buying it again, risking it again just for it to happen again. My fave EP is Generations as I love children/teens and making big families.
    Post edited by Aimiexoxo on
    Hello! I'm new to creating Sims and Houses but I do my best. I like them simple and without the use of CC, but I may add SOME CC like hair and make-up only! If you want to check it out, my origin Username is Aimiec1233, thank you.
  • Options
    ennaedwyn wrote: »
    I'm a real person via avatar now! WEEEEEE!!!!! ((sprinkles fairydust and runs away))

Hello @ennaedwyn :) It is great that you are now a full member!
  • Options
    Aimiexoxo wrote: »
    I've already posted here 2 times, but seeing as I'm going to be active here again I may as well introduce myself for the 3rd time!

Hello guys! My name is Aimie (Amy, but spelled the "French" way). I live with my Mother and my 4 year old dog. I have 2 sisters and a dad who all do not live with me. I am quarter Spanish, Italian and I'm also half English. I live in England, United Kingdom. I have a boyfriend who is also crazy about The Sims but he plays on the PS2 and the PS3, not on PC/MAC like I do.

I have every EP apart from Pets, as I heard crazy stories that Pets can mess up your game if you have CC. I have also experienced this on my old computer so I'm not buying it again, risking it again just for it to happen again. My fave EP is Generations as I love children/teens and making big families.

Hello @Aimiexoxo :) It is nice that you have a family history background of different countries. You would enjoy learning about the culture and aspects of the countries where your family come from. Dogs are special pet members of our family! It is great that your boyfriend also enjoys simming, but on a different version/console form of The Sims. You would enjoy talking about your simming experiences and sims households! Generations is a great Sims 3 Ep! It adds many great features to the game! It is enjoyable watching children growing up in our sims households.
  • Options
    ~Peach_Empire~~Peach_Empire~ Posts: 4 New Member
    Thanks @rosemow for the welcome! I look forward to being on the forum! :)
  • Options
    PlummetsPlummets Posts: 6 New Member
    edited June 2015
    I'm not super new to sims, but I haven't been much into the forums here. I've lately been on it more due to the sims challenges I've been dipping my toes in. Right now the Amazon challenge drew me in! I'd love to be able to post photos and get more involved, so right now I'm working on becoming a member!

So hi! I'm Sebastian, I'm a student who loves to write and create. The sims challenges are infamous for bringing in the story telling, so it gives me an opportunity to do some creative writing when I haven't done it in a while.

If you want to check out my story so far come join me on my blog! lots to come each day. :smiley:

sebastiansims.wordpress.com/2015/06/?order=asc
    Post edited by Plummets on
  • Options
    Plummets wrote: »
    I'm not super new to sims, but I haven't been much into the forums here. I've lately been on it more due to the sims challenges I've been dipping my toes in. Right now the Amazon challenge drew me in! I'd love to be able to post photos and get more involved, so right now I'm working on becoming a member!

So hi! I'm Sebastian, I'm a student who loves to write and create. The sims challenges are infamous for bringing in the story telling, so it gives me an opportunity to do some creative writing when I haven't done it in a while.

If you want to check out my story so far come join me on my blog! lots to come each day. :smiley:

sebastiansims.wordpress.com/2015/06/?order=asc

Hello @Plummets :) It is nice to meet you. It is great that you are having fun doing simming challenges! It is great doing challenges and playing in different ways than how we may usually play. It is nice looking at pictures of and reading about the sims in other simmers' game. It is nice that you enjoy writing. It is an enjoyable way of expressing our creativity. Story Telling is a great aspect of simming! It is great to capture in words and pictures the lives of our sims!
    I hope that your studies are going well.
  • Options
    Hello to everyone! :) Just a little reminder that it is against forum rules to post your age. If you have posted your age, could you please edit your post and remove your age. Thankyou! :)
  • Options
    RosillatrixRosillatrix Posts: 60 Member
    Hello!! :) I just bought the Sims 4 the other day and just got onto the forums tonight! (Well, technically this morning as it is 12:15am LMAO)
    I have been a sims fan for I believe 8 years now and my love for it has only grown. I spent a lot of the time on the old forums where I enjoyed participating in building contests and stuff. I hope everybody has a good night/day/whatever-time-it-is-for-you. :)
    Origin Username: Rosillatrix
  • Options
    Hello!! :) I just bought the Sims 4 the other day and just got onto the forums tonight! (Well, technically this morning as it is 12:15am LMAO)
    I have been a sims fan for I believe 8 years now and my love for it has only grown. I spent a lot of the time on the old forums where I enjoyed participating in building contests and stuff. I hope everybody has a good night/day/whatever-time-it-is-for-you. :)

Hello @Rosillatrix :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to posting on the new forums! It is great that you have bought Sims 4. There are building contests for sims 4 as well, if you would like to enter them anytime. A link to a list of them is
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/838133/build-challenges-links-thread
    I hope that you have a nice day too!
  • Options
    Vici0us_VirusVici0us_Virus Posts: 3,076 Member
    edited June 2015
    B) Good day new members, Welcome to the forum. Have a great day and Happy simming... :)

If you have any questions about the forum, just ask.
  • Options
    BabyCarrotzBabyCarrotz Posts: 950 Member
    @BabyCarrotz love the carrot in your forum signature!

Thank you! I think its a bit too big I might want to resize it later xD
    PEEt1Hh.gif?1
  • Options
    skfmyersskfmyers Posts: 159 Member
    Hello, everyone, I'm not new to Simming (started playing Sims 2 in 2007), but I just recently got Sims 4 and all current expansions, and I'm so excited! Now that I'm not behind the times any more, I want to drill deep into the new Sims experience, use the forums, and explore all the game has to offer. I'm especially interested in learning how to create better Sims and better lots.
    "The worst is not, So long as we can say 'This is the worst.'" - Wm. Shakespeare, King Lear, Act IV Scene 1
  • Options
    AimiexoxoAimiexoxo Posts: 396 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello to everyone! :) Just a little reminder that it is against forum rules to post your age. If you have posted your age, could you please edit your post and remove your age. Thankyou! :)

I apologise! I didn't know this!
    I changed it to "very young".
    I hope this is more better. :)
    Hello! I'm new to creating Sims and Houses but I do my best. I like them simple and without the use of CC, but I may add SOME CC like hair and make-up only! If you want to check it out, my origin Username is Aimiec1233, thank you.
  • Options
    NonaxDNonaxD Posts: 42 Member
    edited June 2015
    > @skfmyers said:
    > Hello, everyone, I'm not new to Simming (started playing Sims 2 in 2007), but I just recently got Sims 4 and all current expansions, and I'm so excited! Now that I'm not behind the times any more, I want to drill deep into the new Sims experience, use the forums, and explore all the game has to offer. I'm especially interested in learning how to create better Sims and better lots.

Hello :smile: How are you enjoying the sims 4 compared to the sims 2 ( and 3 is you played that )?
  • Options
    Yes, I played Sims 3 as well as 2. Each iteration of the game seems to come with its own set of challenges. I'm still muddling through figuring out the gameplay in Sims 4, and I threw myself into the deep end by getting the expansions at the same time I got the base game. One thing I'm really enjoying in Sims 4 is that the build mod is a lot more intuitive and easier to use than it was in 3, so I'm already using that more than I ever did in the previous game.
    "The worst is not, So long as we can say 'This is the worst.'" - Wm. Shakespeare, King Lear, Act IV Scene 1
  • Options
    wolfsiwolfsi Posts: 61 Member
    edited June 2015
    hello all you lovely simmers,

i been on the wagon for a while know and i can't wait to see you all around the forum :P

i plaid: the sims, the sims 2, the sims 3, the sims medieval, the sims castaway (PlayStation) and the sims 4.

Plant your Hopes whit good seeds
    don't cover yourself with thistle and weeds.
  • Options
    skfmyers wrote: »
    Hello, everyone, I'm not new to Simming (started playing Sims 2 in 2007), but I just recently got Sims 4 and all current expansions, and I'm so excited! Now that I'm not behind the times any more, I want to drill deep into the new Sims experience, use the forums, and explore all the game has to offer. I'm especially interested in learning how to create better Sims and better lots.

Hello @skfmyers :) It is nice to meet you. It is nice that you have now bought Sims 4 and the packs. I hope that you enjoy playing the new version of the game. GTW is lots of fun with the new careers that come with it! Creating sims and building homes is a fun part of simming! The new CAS and build mode are very enjoyable to use to create sims and builds. I hope that you will enjoy meeting fellow simmers on the forums, and learn new things about the game and helpful tips as you read the forum threads.
  • Options
    wolfsi wrote: »
    hello all you lovely simmers,

i been on the wagon for a while know and i can't wait to see you all around the forum :P

i plaid: the sims, the sims 2, the sims 3, the sims medieval, the sims castaway (PlayStation) and the sims 4.

Hello @wolfsi :) It is nice to meet you. It is nice that you have been enjoying playing the different versions of The Sims. Each of them have great features. You would have spent many happy and fun hours simming over the time and enjoyed watching your sims live their lives and explore their sim world! I hope that you will enjoy posting posts and reading threads on the forums. Simming is fun!
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello skfmyers :) It is nice to meet you. It is nice that you have now bought Sims 4 and the packs. I hope that you enjoy playing the new version of the game. GTW is lots of fun with the new careers that come with it! Creating sims and building homes is a fun part of simming! The new CAS and build mode are very enjoyable to use to create sims and builds. I hope that you will enjoy meeting fellow simmers on the forums, and learn new things about the game and helpful tips as you read the forum threads.
    > Happy simming! :)

Thanks for the warm welcome. It's nice to spend time in a place as friendly and helpful as I've found these forums so far.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top