Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Insane Asylum Challenge- Modified Sims 3 Challenge

rinnyroorinnyroo Posts: 53 Member
Hello!

I'm trying to modify this challenge for Sims 4. It is offering some interesting challenges.

Let me know what you think!

Check out my youtube channel: jennyjgaming for videos :)

Sims 4 Asylum Challenge specifics:

The Sims:

Create a household with 8 Sims. All Sims must have the insane trait and cannot be self-assured. The other 2 traits as well as the lifetime aspiration should be randomized. Pick one Sim to control. The goal of this challenge is to get the controlled Sim to complete his/her lifetime aspiration, therefore proving they have gained control of their life, and can leave the asylum.

The Lot:
In order to make things interesting, you may only have:

5 bed spots
6 seats, only 1 that is nappable
1 bathroom (sink, tub, toilet)
1 cheapest stove
No smoke alarm
5 skill building objects
1 tv or 1 computer

I based it off the Sims 3 Asylum challenge :)

Comments

• cchant86cchant86 Posts: 221 Member
    Cool! I'm going to try it. I'd started a Sims 3 asylum challenge several months ago -- the one where 1 off the 8 Sims was the caretaker and if you left the house, you had to take all of the inmates with you (except to work). It was so funny watching what they'd get up to if the caretaker had to go to the Bookstore or decided to go to one of the Seasonal festivals. :smiley: Looking forward to seeing what happens in Sims 4.
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    This sounds like an interesting and fun challenge, I can see a lot of them dying lol. going to play this now.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    This is the one I am going to start today. I was just reading the rules for the s3 one.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    lol...The other insane sims in my house are driving me insane! My sim barely has time to go to work, come home and repair all the things they broke, grab a bed, and then get ready for work!

I made it difficult and only have 4 single beds. There is no couch. And I lock them in by only allowing a gate for when main sim has to go to work, and deleting it while she is at work, putting it back for her to go home, and then removing it once she's in......you see, she only gets a day pass.

She's doing the secret agent career. Perfect for this. lol.

• SkellySpadesSkellySpades Posts: 328 Member
    Haha *bookmarking* I want to do this.
  • puppylover369puppylover369 Posts: 7 New Member
    What about a fridge, counters, lights, windows, etc.?
  • KiletaKileta Posts: 1 New Member
    > @puppylover369 said:
    > What about a fridge, counters, lights, windows, etc.?

Well, for me, when I go to use the stove, I can't cook anything be it says 'you need a fridge'. So I guess you can have one. I also put counters, lights, and windows in my house as well.
  • cat_momcat_mom Posts: 36 Member
    > @rinnyroo said:
    > Hello!
    >
    > I'm trying to modify this challenge for Sims 4. It is offering some interesting challenges.
    >
    > Let me know what you think!
    >
    > Check out my youtube channel: jennyjgaming for videos :)
    >
    >
    >
    > Sims 4 Asylum Challenge specifics:
    >
    > The Sims:
    >
    > Create a household with 8 Sims. All Sims must have the insane trait and cannot be self-assured. The other 2 traits as well as the lifetime aspiration should be randomized. Pick one Sim to control. The goal of this challenge is to get the controlled Sim to complete his/her lifetime aspiration, therefore proving they have gained control of their life, and can leave the asylum.
    >
    > The Lot:
    > In order to make things interesting, you may only have:
    >
    > 5 bed spots
    > 6 seats, only 1 that is nappable
    > 1 bathroom (sink, tub, toilet)
    > 1 cheapest stove
    > No smoke alarm
    > 5 skill building objects
    > 1 tv or 1 computer
    >
    > I based it off the Sims 3 Asylum challenge :)
    >
    >
    >

this sounds like a fun challenge to do.
  • cat_momcat_mom Posts: 36 Member
    This sounds like fun, I think I'll give it a try. Been watching the englishsimmer on utube and am inspired to try myself.
  • amaresityamaresity Posts: 319 Member
    What gappens if you lose and uncontrolled Sim along the way? I just had one die of embarassment. Do I add a new inmate or just too bad and keep going with the others?
  • nathsim3nathsim3 Posts: 1 New Member
    Can the sims leave the lot?
  • Raiiny_DazeRaiiny_Daze Posts: 6 New Member
    edited January 2016
    The sim I'm playing as has the painting aspiration-- To complete it she has to visit an art museum. Should I allow her to leave the lot for a short amount of time, so I can complete this challenge? Thanks :)
  • ThatVocaloidGirlThatVocaloidGirl Posts: 105 Member
    I've tried doing this and it's quite hard and fun!
    2794070.jpg
    Orgin ID: animedemigod
    Packs owned: City life, Get together, Get to work, Vampire
    Current Challenges: Runaway Teen challenge https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/916130/im-your-lost-puzzle-piece-a-runaway-teen-challenge#latest I'm Your Lost Puzzle Piece
  • AngelAriesAngelAries Posts: 57 Member
    So I have begun this challenge. I have mixed Flirty with Unflirty; Good with Evil; Genius's with Creative. Mean. Childish. Loner. Gloomy. Goofball. It's a madhouse in here! No one is getting along, and everyone is losing their mind.

Which sounds accurate!!

My five objects are:

Small Planter x2
    Guitar
    Microphone
    Easel

I downloaded a house from the Gallery that suits my needs, and the only one able to leave is the Patient with the Criminal Job. Otherwise, we're stuck.

I'm currently going for the Painter Aspiration. Then probably the Gardening, and Renaissance. Hopefully I can finish with Leader of the Pack (Is that allowed?)

Normal Lifespan. So far, so good.
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
  • OakDragonOakDragon Posts: 1 New Member
    This sounds like it could be a lot of fun! Looking forward to starting this tonight :) Thanks!
  • Blackwood1313Blackwood1313 Posts: 11 New Member
    This sounds interesting. Question, though. Are you allowed to become romantically involved with other sims in the asylum?
  • SonjaCopelandSonjaCopeland Posts: 65 Member
    Going to try this! (Bookmarked)
  • BgBn7510BgBn7510 Posts: 100 Member
    I am thinking of having this Challenge be thrown into my story I am writting. The story I am writing is called True Love. The reason I am contacting you is I want to use the girl from my story that going be forced into this Mental hospital but she going be a teen when this happens. Would it be okay if I use the same challenge rules but let her be a teen and the other will be adults and young adults. Can change it up for me and story with your okay @rinnyroo ?
    My Sims Stories
    Origin ID: Lindz200611
  • TulleChristensenTulleChristensen Posts: 2 New Member
    What about the toilet and kitchen, like is it allowed? and how many toilets can there be?
  • aivasimsaivasims Posts: 1 New Member
    I did this and then when my first sim finished its aspiration, first i was like okay what now? should i make a life for the sim like recovering and trying to work again and all that, but then i was like what if i do extra challenge, and try to make every sim in the household complete their aspiration before they die (started young adults), but i can only control one at a time. I'm at my third sim, and it makes it both easier, cause theres not as many sims around when using bathroom and stuff, but its also harder cause the sims become older and you have less time to complete the challenges, also you have to make sure no one has a family aspiration.
  • CoolHamst3rs678CoolHamst3rs678 Posts: 1 New Member
    So my main problem I have when playing the challenge is the fact that there’s only one bathroom because after a while all the sims had to shower or pee so they all were trying to use he bathroom at once and each one was telling the others to leave and they all peed themselves and I think all but the controlling sim will die of embarrassment
  • LadyMH1999LadyMH1999 Posts: 1 New Member
    This challenge is awesome. I started yesterday and I'm really enjoying it. It's so much fun. :D