Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Summer conest- your favourite Sims 3 moment- CLOSED, WINNER ANNOUNCED

HopeAKHopeAK Posts: 309 Member
edited June 2015 in The Sims 3 Store Gifting
Hello everyone! :)
Summer is finally here, and so I thought of hosting a contest. I really want to try to give something back to all of you amazingly helpful people! <3

Consept:
1. Share your favourite Sims 3 moment(picture(s). NB: If you cannot post pictures, just describe it with words
2. Explain why it is special to you
  • The contest will close 29.06.15 at 10 AM Central European Summer Time (CEST) +0200 UTC
  • Nominations are allowed, as long as it includes a proper contribution
  • The winner will be chosen by most creativity and ability to capture a moment

And that is it !

The winner will get gifts(of their choice) for 500 simpoints ( I know, it is not that much, but it is all that I got, sorry)

NB: If there are not more than 5 people participating, the contest will be canceled or postponed.

PS: If you want to follow my favourite Sims 3 moments, and what goes on in my game, please follow my simblr: sims3loveandinspiration.tumblr.com <3

Edit: updated information

Have a nice summer!

CLOSED- The winners are announced <3 thank you to all contributions
Post edited by HopeAK on

Comments

• VioletHorseVioletHorse Posts: 1,288 Member
    Not a bad idea. Now I have to find a sim enjoying summer.
  • HopeAKHopeAK Posts: 309 Member
    Not a bad idea. Now I have to find a sim enjoying summer.

@VioletHorse , it does not necessarily have to be a summer moment <3
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    500sp is quite a lot

how will you find the winner? by lotto?

and can we nominat... becouse then I will try and find picture for you

also don't forget to tell this in @Teegers list of games.

it closes 29.06.15, but when at that day (and where) just saying that day gives us a about 48 hour window do to being from all over the world

Love the idea....
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    anettesb wrote: »
    500sp is quite a lot

it closes 29.06.15, but when at that day (and where) just saying that day gives us a about 48 hour window do to being from all over the world

Love the idea....

Thank you @anettesb for the tips, the information is updated now :-)
  • FoxyLovesKittyFoxyLovesKitty Posts: 889 Member
    I'll be first :) Unfortunately, I don't have a picture for this one. But I'll explain. My first ever Sims 3 sim was a chef. I remember picking for him favourites. His favourite food was ratatouille. Living all by himself (at first), he also prepared meals for himself... and of coure, ratatouille. The first time I saw him eat his favourite food is something I can't forget, the moment he looked at the plate in front of him with joy and started to clap his hands was just priceless. I know all the sims in Sims 3 do this animation when they enjoy their favourite food. But this was... just so cute. It was a moment where my sim became alive. I was truly fascinated by this.

Here is my first ever screenshot in the game. This is my first sim, eating. Not ratatouille, but it's very fitting that the first screenshot was of him eating, because he turned out to be a chef.

Screenshot.jpg
    HopeAK wrote: »
    anettesb wrote: »
    500sp is quite a lot

Love the idea....

Thank you @anettesb for the tips, the information is updated now :-)

your welcome... it was more questions than information...

thank you for the update

I will try and find a picture for you... first I must choose... thats not easy

but I got a few ideas.....

🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    so 1 of my favorit moments...

story:
    just shortly after I got pets the grama in my legacy wanted a horse, so what was more natural then to recreat the horse we had when I was a child?
    1 evning the second oldes child walked out to the stable... and this is what I saw

2vhxb3m.jpg

They even both had an action que about hugging or something similar.

the amazing thing is this is how this horse was in real life with me, allways so carrying and I could stand up holding his legs (we even got pictures of me standing beneet his belly.

Louisa (the toddler) and Master (the horse) grew up to really love each other... it was clearly love at first site.
    when she rolled animal lover on growing up it was perfect.
    at that time both her grandparents where death. Master used to be Grandmas, but Grandpa had given him care after she died (think they bonded over the lost)
    non of the other adult had any interest or time for Master, but little Louisa spend most her free time petting him and grooming him, and when she became a teen she started riddign him around, often riddign to school - if not simply skipping school and going out in the hills on a long rid. (yes she is a bit rebelius.)

In a way Louisa is me, beside the fact that the only trait we have in comen is loves animal.... but her relationship with Master is very much the same I had (beside tht he was my moms and never was left behind)

any way that evning in sims was very special, as it made memories of my childhood so clear
  • 5W33TH34RT5W33TH34RT Posts: 323 Member
    edited June 2015
    I've already used this photo for another contest, but this is my favorite Sims moment. Desmond, on the right, has the inappropriate trait and his favorite music is Kids. One day in uni, without my direction, he turned on the stereo to Kids music, changed into swimwear and started an impromptu dance party with his roomie. I have never laughed so hard before, playing Sims. I had to snap a photo quickly to remember this moment.
    Screenshot-2_zpswye4tjvi.jpg

@anettesb, That is a lovely story!
    @5W33TH34RT
    I love when sims do things like that... might be why I play so much by their wishes... helps evolv their personality
  • mothersuperior2mothersuperior2 Posts: 1,419 Member
    This is Eugenia Bartlett and Cashew the Unicorn. It is Eugenia's first encounter with a Unicorn, but she seems to be handling it ok, and luckily had some apples in her pocket to keep him happy. They live in Island Paradise. This moment is special to me because Eugenia is not an animal lover, but she and Cashew got on straight away, no messing around, as if they were meant to be together. Maybe (after lots of failures with other sims) a Unicorn will come to live with this family. They will have to move though, as they live in the Castle on the Island, and there is no room for a horse ....

Close-up-Eugenia-and-Unicorn-Cashew.jpg

All the pics and stories are great. :)
    I have a weird sense of humour. If it doesn't come across, please forgive me in advance.

Are Kevin's undergarments lurking in a wishlist near you?

I own the Store 5584.gifMy Page
    HOW?
    Cascades
    Daily Deals
  • jobug1015jobug1015 Posts: 1,854 Member
    screenshot_original_zpsde7ea263.jpg

This is one of my favorite moments in all of my games. I have a story involving these characters and they have finally found happiness together and were married!! It's such a happy moment with their 3 daughters. <3<3
    o2vOgnf.jpg?2
    Many great moments so far! Let them keep on coming <3
  • shaliny1997shaliny1997 Posts: 646 Member
    original.jpg
    This was Daphne's and Ayden's marriage (The first sims I played with in Monte Vista)!!
    The couple had 3 children, now I'm playing with the youngest who just got married and had 2 twins (a fairy and a vampire) :smiley:

Thank you @HopeAk, happy simming! :smiley:
    Almost last chance everyone!
  • rosey1579rosey1579 Posts: 6,252 Member
    Oh! I gotta enter quick! Hang on!
    edited June 2015
    Alright, I'm with you. Here goes...
    I'm a real sucker for romantic stuff on sims. I spend ages setting up perfect weddings and perfect dates. I want to share one of my most romantic stories. There is a specific moment in this story that is my favourite and simply stating it wouldn't do it justice so bear with me...
    Galaxy star was born of a mistake. His father had been stargazing one night and had fallen pregnant. He always felt disconnected from other people. He had spent many hours in his room practising his guitar, utterly disconnected from the world around him. When his father passed on, he withdrew even more and eventually stopped talking. Nights in Sunset valley were harsh, but no fire graced his empty grate. His only goal in life was to exist, and even that seemed a difficult task. And then he met Rose.
    Rose was everything he had every dreamed: Tall, pretty and kind-hearted. They fell quickly in love and moved away together to Isla Paradiso. The sun and the sea transformed Galaxy into a new man, and he and Rose were very happy. One day the day arrived when Galaxy decided that the time was right to pop the question. He set up everything perfectly and was overjoyed when she said yes. Here's a quick pic of them after her positive answer:
    2j45wr5.jpg
    Galaxy then began to set up a lavish ceremony during which they would get married. He bought the cake and even set up the arch. He couldn't wait for their big day.
    Then disaster, as it always seems to do, struck a killing blow.
    When living on the island of paradise, one is going to be tempted to partake in one of the many enticing attractions. Rose was pretty hooked on scuba diving and was getting pretty good at it. She had met one or two mermaids and Mia Azul was here best friend. One day, Mia and her made plans to meet at rocky reef. Rose was excited: Maybe she would finally be shown how to be a mermaid just like Mia. So excited was she, that she arrived too early and proceeded to wait for Mia. She waited and waited, but Mia was late.
    Mia arrived just in time to see Rose drown.
    I literally almost cried at this moment. Galaxy was crushed and Isla Paradiso became a cold and dark place for him. He withdrew once more and ignored Mia's protests that he had to eat. He no longer cared about existing. He blamed Mia for not arriving soon enough. He blamed Rose for being careless. Most of all: he blamed himself for not stopping her.
    Mia saw how Galaxy was destroying himself. She decided to do something about it. She dug up Rose's remains swam all the way to the science facility. She though that if Galaxy could see Rose again, he would forgive himself.
    Rose returned to Galaxy that night. Mia did not. In fact: Mia never saw Galaxy again. She was certain she would not be missed.
    Galaxy had thought it a miracle that Rose had returned. He swore that he would never let her leave him again. I captured this picture of Galaxy and Rose:

ae44dy.jpg
    It is the moment in this picture that I love so much. They are kissing in the exact same way as they had kissed on the day of their engagement.

They did not ever marry, but not even death could do them part.
    Wow. That took ages. Worth it.
  • VioletHorseVioletHorse Posts: 1,288 Member
    edited June 2015
    All I have to do is upload the photos. Could take a while.
  • MysteryGhost2013MysteryGhost2013 Posts: 406 Member
    Oh I wanna enter too, I'm editing my story along with the photos right now :smiley:
    edited June 2015
    Hello!
    So late! I'm so sorry, there is enough time to enter right ?
    I'm not so good at taking photos but I wanna try my luck
    I was so confused on which photo should I choose.
    I end up choosing two photos that are very special to me.
    One is about Amber and her parents *The girl in my profile picture is her :smiley:*
    The other one is about Arlene and I've chose her :smile:
    I really want to post about Amber's too but I don't know if that is okay or not ><'
    * Both photos are about a sim moving away or dying, why so sad? I just don't know but whatever :P

23.png

Arlene, the second girl of the Conway family. When she met Edwin, her sister's friend, she fell in love with him and soon after that, she was pregnant. the shock was when he told her that he's not ready to start a family as she expected.
    Arlene knew also that her sister was in love with him first but didn't say a thing about her feelings, nor she was upset about Arlene being in a relationship with the one she loves so much.

2.png

So Arlene decided to live far away to start a new life. She was feeling guilty deep down in her heart and felt sorry not only for her sister, but also for her baby. Darlene, her sister, couldn't believe that she will have to say goodbye, to not see her younger sister forever, and that really made her sad for days. Jeri, her cousin, was not okay with Arlene being away forever, but accepted that later.

10.png

*Here goes my special photo, I just love this moment, although it was very sad :( But I wanted to start with generation 5, so I needed her to live alone with the baby.*
    After giving birth to Livvy, Arlene said goodbye to her mother and father, her two younger sisters, Brie and Maricela, Darlene and her cousin and best friend, Jeri.

It's my first time entering a contest, hope I did well ?
    Also, I really loved all the pictures here, so beautiful :blush:
    and so nice from you @HopeAK to give away 500 sp :smiley:
    @MysteryGhost2013 Maybe it's just me, but I can't see your pictures. :'(
    I have a weird sense of humour. If it doesn't come across, please forgive me in advance.

HOW?
    Cascades
    Daily Deals
    @mothersuperior2 Oh really !
    okay I'll try to upload them on another website, I guess dropbox isn't my thing ><'
    @MysteryGhost2013 Good luck, look forward to seeing them. :)

HOW?
    Cascades
    Daily Deals
    @mothersuperior2 I edited my post, can you see them now?
    I'm really sorry, first time for me ><
    @MysteryGhost2013 I see them! They look good :) Not sure what the deadline is for this contest, but now you've got the hang of the photos, maybe you might like to check out the other contests, there are quite a few. B)

Don't worry, no need to be sorry. There are plenty of people who just love to help. <3

HOW?
    Cascades
    Daily Deals