Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tell Us About Your Favourite Challenges

Nicarra60Nicarra60 Posts: 2,916 Member
Over on the Challenge list - someone asked about a top ten challenge list. While I doubt there is an ultimate top ten list that everyone can agree on, it did make me curious. What is the best challenge that you've tried and what did you like about it? Was it short, medium or long? Was it hard or easy?

Let's assume that the Legacy Challenge is the top challenge - and comment on other challenges. :smiley:
My Sim Story blogs -- Hi Mum, It's Sammy || WA with the Grants || Art flows through || Sims Short Stories (Adult content warning)

Comments

• Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    The Runaway Teen Challenge... It's a short-lived Challenge (since it takes normally only the teenage stage to complete it) and it's similar to "From Rags to Riches" (where you start out with no money), just a little harder because you aren't allowed to use technical things and you can't talk with Sims older than your teen. I loved my teen so much, I continued playing her after the challenge was finished.
  • SimPoseyYumSimPoseyYum Posts: 995 Member
    A few weeks ago, someone asked a similar question in General. Here's the gist of what I posted there:
    • The Room Challenge (your Sim lives in a 64-tile room with no egress until s/he achieves Mansion Baron)
    • Time Lord Challenge (your Sim regenerates 12 times, changing his/her total personality every 3 weeks)
    • Mooch Off Your Neighbors (your Sim is a permanent sofa surfer)
    • Whims and Sims (complete as many Whims for your Sim as you can before Grimmy visits)
    • Rosebud 500K Solitaire (basically, Rosebud for One) (how fast can your Sim make 500K simoleans?)
    • Living Off the Grid (no phone, no light, no motor car, not a single luxury...)
    • Living Off the Land (fish, garden, collect -- make it work)
    Two common denominators in all these challenges: 1) they involve manipulating the life of just one Sim and 2) with the exception of Time Lord Challenge, they require a lot of financial strategy.

I'm sure I've forgotten a few (apologies to those Challenge Creators).
    As I said, one thing that really attracted me to these Challenges is that they can be completed using just one Sim, which is my preferred playstyle. Are there other solo Sim Challenges I've missed?
  • Nicarra60Nicarra60 Posts: 2,916 Member
    A lot of the challenges in the second list are solo challenges. I look for solo challenges as well - because it's potential fodder for Hi Mum, It's Sammy. <3
    My Sim Story blogs -- Hi Mum, It's Sammy || WA with the Grants || Art flows through || Sims Short Stories (Adult content warning)
  • secondendersecondender Posts: 63 Member
    My favorite I think is either a Wishacy, or a Perfect Genetics Challenge.
    *poofs*
    simblr :3
  • SimPoseyYumSimPoseyYum Posts: 995 Member
    Nicarra60 wrote: »
    A lot of the challenges in the second list are solo challenges. I look for solo challenges as well - because it's potential fodder for Hi Mum, It's Sammy. <3
    What is "Hi Mum, It's Sammy?"

• AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    Wonderchild challenge for short one
    and Amazon Tribe challenge for the long one!
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • Nicarra60Nicarra60 Posts: 2,916 Member
    Nicarra60 wrote: »
    What is "Hi Mum, It's Sammy?"
    A blog of mine Hi Mum, It's Sammy The stories are currently all Sims 3 based on a single Sim - Sam Grant. I have a Sims 4 version of Sam but haven't updated the blog with new tales - since I never finished the last one of the Sims 3 stories.

It was a fan of that blog that caused me to write the Clone Challenge. I never really intended it to be a challenge as such, just the way I played with Sam to explore aspects of the game.