Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hyegal's Thank You Thread

hyegalhyegal Posts: 238 Member
edited June 2015 in The Sims 3 Store Gifting
I've never had a thank you thread before. I've generally liked to thank people on their pages, but not every generous person who deserves thanks allows open posting on their page. It seems like a good time to create a thank you thread.

I may be a little slow getting these out sometimes, though I do my best to keep it within the range of the reasonable. If I am slow, that doesn't mean I didn't care for your gift. On the contrary, it means so much to me that anyone would decide to spend any of their simpoints on me. I'm just a bit of a slow writer when it comes to things like this.

If you're becoming concerned that I might have forgotten to mention your gift (say it's been more than a week and I've been actively updating this thread, but there is no mention of your gift in any of my updates) please feel absolutely free to contact me and let me know. If I make an omission, I'd really appreciate the chance to fix it.
Post edited by hyegal on

Comments

• hyegalhyegal Posts: 238 Member
    A big thank you to @NESChic for the awesome decorative shelf with plant. That was so sweet of you! Not only is it helping me with a set I'm trying to complete, I think it would look great in at least one of the renovations I've been putting off. I'm starting to feel inspired.
    @PetaT , thank you so much for the Vagabond's End Table. I think it looks so cool with the wavy pattern around the edge. I'm not sure what to call it; I keep thinking scalloped, but that's wrong. At any rate, I really like it.
    Huge thank you to @charlotteprice for the gorgeous Lunar Lakes. I put that on my gifting directory list because it honestly was one of the things I wanted most from the entire store, but I never thought I'd actually receive it. I've been loving it so much. I don't think the pictures on the site do it justice at all. I've been hopping around the neighborhood from family to family just to see what people's houses look like, and what the view looks like from each house. It's been many hours of fun and I anticipate many, many more.
    @mom24kidz, thank you for the Reflection of the Soul mirror. I think it looks so interesting that I have an urge to just put it in lots that I'm playing, even if it doesn't make sense to have a mirror there.
    @anettesb, thank you for the adorable Glass Birdie. I love birds and I also love decorative Sims clutter, so that gift was just about perfect.
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    your welcome, hope you soon get the set on CYS
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • mom24kidzmom24kidz Posts: 824 Member
    You're welcome. I hope you enjoy it.
    @mothersuperior2, thank you so much for helping me complete Drifter's Desire/Fortune's Folly. (Everything I still needed was part of DD, but CYS made it so much cheaper to purchase it as the FF Compilation.)

The Bard's Throne is totally my kind of chair, too. I would sit in that chair my own self, feeling all sorts of pleased with myself, were it a real physical chair I owned outside the Sims. Since that is not possible, I will magnanimously allow my Sims to enjoy the chair in my place. :smiley:

That fridge, though. The incomparable Fridge of Daring. I've got no shortage of options when it comes to super-sleek fridges. And I entirely love super-sleek fridges, don't get me wrong. But sometimes sleek won't just cut it. Sometimes a kitchen needs a fridge with pizzazz. Then who knows, maybe the kitchen achieves exactly the perfect mix of different styles, or maybe it's just the beginning of a total remodeling that will leave the entire kitchen several times more exciting.

I can't wait to play with these items.
    @jbsquared2000, thank you so much for thinking of me! I really appreciate your help with completing Fortune's Folly. That compilation has been on my list for a really, really long time. I'm completely psyched that I finally was able to get it.

I haven't had a chance to use Fickle Fortune's Window in my game yet, but I'm really interested to see what it looks like. It looks like it may be the type of window that lends itself to creative uses beyond the strict function of letting light in through a wall. I like using windows decoratively, and this is certainly a decorative window.

Thank you also for Shades of Light. I'm very much in favor of pretty purple lights, and that one is a particularly unique pretty purple light. I'm certain I don't have anything quite like it, pretty and purple or otherwise.

There are so many possibilities with this set. Each item I examine begins to give me ideas. I really look forward to using all these amazing items.
    @emccausland1, thank you so much for helping me with the Fortune's Folly collection. I've gotten to play with the spyglass items since I've had them for a while, but the Drifter's Desire things are new to me, and it's really exciting. I think one of the more unusual and cool sets available in the store and I really look forward to using all the items in my game. :smiley:

I really like the end table that you gifted me. It reminds me a little of my mom's sewing table from when I was a kid. I think it had flaps hanging down the sides like that. You could raise them up if you needed more room to work on a project. The actual sewing machine could be folded down into the table for storage. I think it might have been a Singer.

Anyway, thank you very much for the Stash Pretty End Table, both because it brings back good memories and because it's very pretty and decorative in its own right.

Unrelated to Fortune's Folly, I also wanted to thank you for the gorgeous Classic Candelabra. I just love the swirly detailing on the metal base. The whole thing looks so elegant. I think I may have a difficult time not overusing it, which is just about the best problem to have, in my opinion. :smile:
    Maybe @charlotteprice is some kind of superhero with the power to take the 'pipe' out of pipe dream- the power to seek and eliminate wish list entries more expensive than the average user would consider reasonable. Or maybe @charlotteprice is a regular person who just happens to be extraordinarily generous. Either way, someday I'd like to emulate this inspiring example. (Hopefully the regular but generous person version, because I have no idea about how to become a superhero, much less one with such incredibly specific powers.)

In the meanwhile, I'd like to express my thanks for the Deliciously Indulgent Bakery. I'm not really sure how it works, but I'm absolutely thrilled at the idea of looking things up and playing around with it, and just generally figuring it out. This is gonna be so much awesome!

I am also so completely beside myself over the Barrier to Entry system! So many possibilities!

I was smitten when I first saw it as part of the cinema. For a long time i just had the cinema in my wishlist because I didn't know I could acquire the movie screen and the barrier and still be able to get the cinema someday without overpaying (via the March 2013 compilation). I was so happy to be able to put that on my list, and before the excitement had even worn thin, you'd gifted it to me and I was even more excited.

Thank you so much for everything. :smiley:
  • emccausland1emccausland1 Posts: 68 Member
    your welcome i try to randomly gift one or two people small things when i can
  • jbsquared2000jbsquared2000 Posts: 895 Member
    edited June 2015
    hyegal wrote: »
    @jbsquared2000, thank you so much for thinking of me! I really appreciate your help with completing Fortune's Folly. That compilation has been on my list for a really, really long time. I'm completely psyched that I finally was able to get it.

I haven't had a chance to use Fickle Fortune's Window in my game yet, but I'm really interested to see what it looks like. It looks like it may be the type of window that lends itself to creative uses beyond the strict function of letting light in through a wall. I like using windows decoratively, and this is certainly a decorative window.

Thank you also for Shades of Light. I'm very much in favor of pretty purple lights, and that one is a particularly unique pretty purple light. I'm certain I don't have anything quite like it, pretty and purple or otherwise.

There are so many possibilities with this set. Each item I examine begins to give me ideas. I really look forward to using all these amazing items.

You are so welcome! You're right, these items call for a specific build or whimsical style, for sure. I hope you will post your builds and ideas in the exchange or even at @NagyGina 's Gift of Creation Game. I've really enjoyed seeing how others are using their items. It gives me inspiration for my builds. Have a great night! :smiley:
    Post edited by jbsquared2000 on
    Here, among friends, you can call me Jewels (or Julie).
    My not very profound or life-altering signature quote: Life is short, so laugh often - it will make your children nervous. B)

My thread of Sincere Thanks
    No more wishlist for me! It disappeared in a poof of gift-giving smoke!
    @pangolin22, thank you so much for the Lovely Leaf Chair. It certainly lives up to its name. I particularly like the detailing on the seat back. It looks like leaf venation, which I'm sure was not a coincidence given its name.

I took biology in high school. I remember learning that different types of plants have different vein patterns in their leaves. I remember that grass leaves have parallel veins, as do the leaves of certain popular flowering plants- tulips and lilies and daffodils, for instance- flowers whose leaves are shaped rather like large grass blades. Wider leaves need a venation pattern that can that branch out, like the veins on a maple leaf. I have no idea whether a specific sort of venation is depicted on that chair. I'm guessing it's stylized, but I could be totally wrong. In any case, I really like the design. It's both visually pleasing and interesting.

To be honest, I'd forgotten that that chair was on my wishlist. It's such a long list and some of the older items have been there for quite a long time. I was surprised and very happy to see it appear as a gift. Thank you for digging it up. It's an awesome chair and I love it.
    @anettesb, thank you for the Portable Platter. I've been chasing after the Quaint Cottage Collection, so that helps me with two different sets.

I think the Portable Platter is just really elegant and lovely. In my opinion, one can never have too much glassware in the Sims 3. Objects like that really help make it look like someone is actually living (or celebrating) there, but it's a nice, more subtle effect because of the small size and transparency of the glass.
    Thank you, @Kaike78, for the Carry a Torch for Me Mirror. I really like mirrors, and I think this one's angular design is super awesome. It's like a bouquet of shiny triangles. I can't wait to find a wall deserving of that mirror.
    Speaking of awesome shiny triangles, thank you for the High Style Wall Light, @jbsquared2000. That wall light has so much style going on, I'm going to have be careful about where I place it. Give it plenty of room to do its stylish wall lamp thing. (There is a pun here about the cramping of style, but I just happened to catch a glance of my face in a mirror and my expression looks so completely not amused with myself that I almost feel bad bringing it up at all.)

But the aforementioned lamp was not the only gift of illumination you bestowed upon me and my grateful Sims. (I swear they really are grateful in their own AI manner, especially that guy in the puffy neon coat who's terrified of the dark.) Thank you also for the Slate Slab Lamp. I love the idea of incorporating a material like rock in that sort of purely decorative capacity. It's an interesting contrast to the prominent materials in the rest of the set.

All I can say is thank you, and fiat lux! :3
    You are so welcome! You're right, these items call for a specific build or whimsical style, for sure. I hope you will post your builds and ideas in the exchange or even at @NagyGina 's gift of creation game. I've really enjoyed seeing how others are using their items. It gives me inspiration for my builds. Have a great night! :smiley:

I have a pretty low stress tolerance, so I'm nervous about overextending myself. I also have a ton of mods, hacked objects, and user-created content I love to use, so that could get a little interesting. That said, I am definitely considering my options.
    @anettesb, thank you for the Portable Platter. I've been chasing after the Quaint Cottage Collection, so that helps me with two different sets.

I think the Portable Platter is just really elegant and lovely. In my opinion, one can never have too much glassware in the Sims 3. Objects like that really help make it look like someone is actually living (or celebrating) there, but it's a nice, more subtle effect because of the small size and transparency of the glass.

agree it is 1 of the small decos that are really nice to use. (why I picked it)

your welcome
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    You are so welcome! You're right, these items call for a specific build or whimsical style, for sure. I hope you will post your builds and ideas in the exchange or even at @NagyGina 's gift of creation game. I've really enjoyed seeing how others are using their items. It gives me inspiration for my builds. Have a great night! :smiley:

I have a pretty low stress tolerance, so I'm nervous about overextending myself. I also have a ton of mods, hacked objects, and user-created content I love to use, so that could get a little interesting. That said, I am definitely considering my options.

some people seem to use a difrent sims fold that dosn't have the cc in it.... unless the mods transfere or is needed those schouldn't be a problem (I have mods to)
  • Kaike78Kaike78 Posts: 414 Member
    @hyegal You're welcome. It is a pretty neat looking mirror. It makes me think of the 20s and 30s.
    "Yes: I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world."

-Oscar Wilde

anettesb wrote: »
    agree it is 1 of the small decos that are really nice to use. (why I picked it)

You're so good at picking out versatile deco items. I feel lucky to have benefited from your mad skillz. :smile:
    edited June 2015
    @jbsquared2000, thank you so much for the gift bomb the other day! I love every object.

The "In Like Flynn" Fusion Guitar has indeed been useful in helping one of my sims find his inner rock star. And it looks at least 20% cooler than the guitar he was using before. That thing was really difficult to get onto my wishlist. The code for adding it to a wishlist seems to be broken. Oh well, it all worked out in the end. :smiley:

The Antiqued Leather Clock is not only a solid addition to my wall-hanging options, it also taught me that "antiqued" was a word. I've probably heard it before, but not enough for it to sink in until now. So I got a vocab boost to go with my environment boost.

There's nothing like a great table to bring room together (except maybe a rug, depending on whom you ask), and between the Knick Knack Paddy Whack Coffee Table and the Grin and Pear It Dining Table, I am absolutely spoiled for new options. They're both really interesting, unique items.

I'm so glad my current household is making money like it's going out of style (professional diver + consignment shop = $$$$) because their house was out of style before it was popular, and I think they could really, really use a new table. And perhaps a decorative clock.

P.S.: Your generosity has also helped me pick up both the Mid-Century Modern Dining and Style set and the June 2012 Compilation. I'm astounded at how much stuff I own. It's so awesome!
    @charlotteprice, thank you for the Business as Usual Bistro! It's awesome and you're awesome.

I did indeed find a place to put it. It has a lovely ocean view and a menu to die for. I'm totally sending my sim and his fiance there on a date, because they fell for each other so quickly that the proposal kind of ended up happening before they went on any dates. Whoops.

I think it would be nice for them to have an actual date before the wedding. Maybe they can hit the summer festival in the afternoon, then head over to the Bistro for dinner and probably some PDA. I don't even bother trying to stop them anymore. :P

It's a lovely addition to my game, and I love it.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    edited June 2015
    You are very welcome!
    Oh, and what you said in an earlier post:
    Maybe @charlotteprice is some kind of superhero with the power to take the 'pipe' out of pipe dream- the power to seek and eliminate wish list entries more expensive than the average user would consider reasonable. Or maybe @charlotteprice is a regular person who just happens to be extraordinarily generous. Either way, someday I'd like to emulate this inspiring example. (Hopefully the regular but generous person version, because I have no idea about how to become a superhero, much less one with such incredibly specific powers.)
    I am just a regular person! My kids are finally grown now so I have extra, LOL. There are things I could use, but I don't want them. Kids get mad at me all the time when they ask me what I want for Birthday or Holidays. I tell them I don't want or need anything.......so they surprise me, LOL Raising five kids, I was always going without so they would have (that's how it was with a lot of parents when I was growing up and growing older)

My kids know how much I love my Sim Series, so they never say anything when I am at the computer working-on-a-computer-smiley-emoticon.gif

Edit to change from spinning chair to computer, LOL