Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• 110821012110821012 Posts: 51 Member
    I have the first two episodes of my first sim story up :) it is called Kingdoms http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/840288/kingdoms#latest
  • lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    Man, people, my sister is editing my story and boy, I suck. lol I mean, I'm glad she's helping, but wow! I'm learning so much, though. I'm excited (and scared). :D

Yay! A new story!!
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • BBQPenguinWingsBBQPenguinWings Posts: 3,773 Member
    Last update for the night
    Leo and Giovanna have a romantic getaway before they have to pick Bella up from camp.
    edited June 2015
    Oooh, so I just thought of something that might help me edit faster. Does anyone use a list to help them edit? Something to help you easily focus on one thing as you read through each chapter. Maybe a list? I am considering making my own. For me, at least until I remember what I'm looking for and get used to the list, I'd probably do one item below at a time.

Example:

- find filter words - any way to rephrase or leave as is?
    - spellcheck
    - find "then" - replace if necessary
    - look for commas - ensure they are used correctly
    - find passive voice - do I want to rephrase or leave as it is?

Obviously, this is just loose examples. However, I like this idea for me a lot. I need lists. Otherwise, I get out of focus and just start being random. I waste time and then annoy myself. I use lists at work, home, etc. So, why not for my editing.

Any suggestions of what I should look for or even an example if someone else uses them would be awesome! :smiley: I'm going to ask this in my Sims 3 story group, too. <3 Everyone in both places are always so helpful!
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
    Oooh, so I just thought of something that might help me edit faster. Does anyone use a list to help them edit? I think I may make my own. Something to help me easily focus on one thing as I read throughout the chapter. For me, at least until I remember what I'm looking for and get used to the list, I'd probably do one item at a time.

Example:

- find filter words - any way to rephrase or leave as is?
    - spellcheck
    - find "then" - replace if necessary
    - look for commas - ensure they are used correctly
    - find passive voice - do I want to rephrase or leave as it is?

Obviously, this is just loose examples. However, I like this idea for me a lot. I need lists. Otherwise, I get out of focus and just start being random. I waste time and then annoy myself. I use lists at work, home, etc. So, why not for my editing.

Any suggestions of what I should look for or even an example if someone else uses them would be awesome! :smiley: I'm going to ask this in my Sims 3 story group, too. <3 Everyone in both places are always so helpful!

I am a list nut. Remember those sticky notes i mentioned. They are everywhere color coded to specific stories.
    That's why you need a desk, right? For all the sticky notes?

Kidding aside, are there things you look for to edit in each story then?
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    So, do you guys always share if you have a new update? This is my story/legacy. I know i have to step up a little in terms of how i comment my screenies. As of yet, it's just me playing the game, sharing some screenies and commenting on them. I'm also very unsure of what time to use. I used simple past, but it sounds strange if i describe a sim...
  • VanityHighVanityHigh Posts: 1,300 Member
    edited June 2015
    giphy.gif

Happy Tuesday! :heart:
  • AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    Good day everyone! I don't know what I'm doing tonight but I'm sure I'd do something!
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    marcellala wrote: »
    So, do you guys always share if you have a new update? This is my story/legacy. I know i have to step up a little in terms of how i comment my screenies. As of yet, it's just me playing the game, sharing some screenies and commenting on them. I'm also very unsure of what time to use. I used simple past, but it sounds strange if i describe a sim...

I took a peek at you story, the past tense that you use works well. Didn't sound strange at all to me.
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
    That's why you need a desk, right? For all the sticky notes?

Kidding aside, are there things you look for to edit in each story then?

Yes i need a desk for sticky notes!
    But no they are more for the planning of the story. what I want to include, what screenshots I need to take, the plot and then other things I need to do. Like when I need to post, what i need to look for in game, remembering to add read more, remembering featured image, remembering the categories tags, things like that.
    I really don't pay much attention to editing and I definitely should, so you've given me an idea so now I need more lists :)
  • WarLilyWarLily Posts: 122 Member
    Hey guys, I'm back after my long weekend. I posted a chapter, if you wanted to head over to read it.
    Banner_zpstzixcn91.png
  • Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    Good morning! Uh oh...the new Holmes teens are already giving their parents heart attacks!

http://www.jes2gstories.com/8-57-teenage-girls/
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member
    Contrary to my statement yesterday I posted another update :p (basically I woke up at 2 am and couldn't get back to sleep so I played sims)

So there is a new update for Cassie and Gwen. I hope everyone enjoys :)

I took a peek at you story, the past tense that you use works well. Didn't sound strange at all to me.
    That's good to hear. It just sounds strange because I say stuff like "It WAS her biggest goal in life" and than I'm like "wait... It still is... Shouldn't that be present tense?" but i know it's normal to use simple past for telling stories, so i get confused. Maybe it's just my german thinking...
  • xovaleexovalee Posts: 273 Member
    Good morning to you all. Happy not Monday.
    xovalee wrote: »

Lol, happy not Monday to you as well :)

• RoryPlaysTheSimsRoryPlaysTheSims Posts: 5,330 Member
    I finally got my story updated. Hope you enjoy the next few additions to The Van Dijk Legacy

@xovalee I couldn't figure out how to leave a comment on your weebly where your story is so I will just leave it here:

Sweetest. Story. Ever!! Hank is so handsone and a gentleman!! I love the set up you have here with these first few chapters. I'm really enjoying reading your story. :)
  • xovaleexovalee Posts: 273 Member
    @Rorygilmore34 thank you so much for the comment. I think I need to find another comment forum. I'm not please with the one on there.
    @marcellala Welcome to the family! Glad to have you here. :)
    Thanks for having me. I just recently "discovered" this section of the forum and love that it's pretty drama free.

Yeeees! NOT Monday :D
    forum_final.png

Thanks for having me. I just recently "discovered" this section of the forum and love that it's pretty drama free.

Oh yeah...we have a strict no drama policy. And when I say policy, I mean something that we all just kinda know lol.
    forum_final.png

110821012 wrote: »
    I have the first two episodes of my first sim story up :) it is called Kingdoms http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/840288/kingdoms#latest

@1180821012 Wow! What a great story! So many twists and turns!

At least outside of stories :p I can guarantee that my story (and many of those I've read) are certainly not drama free. :p

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top