March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why does this happen? (2 pics)

Why doesn't this mom know her son's traits? I have another mom/teen boy where the son is only SHOWING 1 trait, ? for the 2nd one, she's wrong about the one he has showing, too.

I was wondering if it was just that she knew the one the game isn't showing ME, yet... but based on mom/teen pair number 2, that's not it either.

I won't bother mentioning these 2 aren't even the same *color*... oh, wait. :smiley:

fmtbp4.jpg

1o4pc3.jpg

Comments

• AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    Is he a teenager? Because the game doesn't show the bonus traits. So if he is, teo is correct.
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Amiutza wrote: »
    Is he a teenager? Because the game doesn't show the bonus traits. So if he is, teo is correct.

That isn't exactly the question... look at this:

2znmtsl.jpg

That ??? 2nd trait up there is what I've meant when I said I had "broken" sims. Teens come with 2 traits. He comes with AFAIK one, therefore, he's "broken." (that's how my logic works)

It wasn't till VERY recently I saw that ? fix itself on a sim/npc. So for months, I've thought it was something wrong with my sims, the game, mod conflict, or who knows what.

But THIS guy's mom only knows one trait for him, too... geek. I am wondering if that's his hidden trait, but I won't know till I've tripped it in game. Which I can't seem to play for more than 5 minutes before I'm coming to forums for half an hour. :#
    Oh I just realized what you meant. Lol, that's a weird one, I've never seen it before.
    hhHD2XB.png
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Amiutza wrote: »
    Oh I just realized what you meant. Lol, that's a weird one, I've never seen it before.

And in that first picture with the redhead mom/darker teen boy, WHY are the traits she thinks he has, NOT what he really has?? He knows hers. They live together, mother son. (She installed his buttons. She should know what they ARE.) :p

Comment on today's society, where no teen thinks any parent has a clue about them? Or could it be a bug? LOL!
    Lol I think it's definitely a bug, but no clue why it happened. I've never seen it before. Couldn't tell you if it's mod related, anything is possible at this point.
    hhHD2XB.png
  • ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    Maybe it's a trait she HOPES he'll get!? XD
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
  • coolspearcoolspear Posts: 25 Member
    edited June 2015
    Did he age up naturally or did you use a cheat to force age from child to teen? I have seen this "missing trait" happen when forcing age-up with a cheat.

It also happens that if sim A learns the traits of sim B, then you change the traits of sim B, the data for sim A does not get updated and they will only remember the old traits. The only way to clear this is to wipe their relationships and start their friendship again as new.