Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Content Issue

Ever since Get To Work got released, I have been having an issue with the game still saying that I have new content even though that no content is marked with a gold star to indicate that it's a new content in either build or the buy category in build/buy mode. Not all of the sub-categories in build/buy mode have this problem. Just windows, and doors in build mode. And in buy mode, only logic and a couple of other sub-categories in Hobby and Skills have this problem. It seems that the game is not reading that all new content,( up to date) has been already placed correctly. :/

Comments

• kashelle03kashelle03 Posts: 66 Member
    I'm having this issue too. Hobbies and Skills is the one I'm having issues with. Doors and windows are lit up, too, but I know I have some things from Detective mode to unlock in there. I tried checking with cheats to see what I didn't unlock, but I can't figure it out.
  • SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    I have passed this thread along to the QA team to take a look at :)
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
    I'll try deleting cache files.
    Deleting cache files didn't help.
  • coolspearcoolspear Posts: 25 Member
    If you go into bb.showhiddenobjects, you can clear the "new objects" highlight by selecting the GTW hidden stuff. However, it is only temporary. Once back in normal play the highlights return.
    I had cleared them before using that cheat. I was looking for a permanent solution.
  • coolspearcoolspear Posts: 25 Member
    That's what I'm trying to say. There is no permanent solution until either Maxis clean it up or a modder finally does. Place your bets as to who will be first...
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    coolspear wrote: »
    If you go into bb.showhiddenobjects, you can clear the "new objects" highlight by selecting the GTW hidden stuff. However, it is only temporary. Once back in normal play the highlights return.
    I can vouch for that because I had also tried the bb.showhiddenobjects to clear all remaining new contents. And I too still got the new content message after having gone back into play mode. :(

• AlistuAlistu Posts: 742 Member
    Add my name to the list of people experiencing this.
    It cleared the marker on the hobby and recreation section the first time I placed everything but then came back the next time I loaded the game.
    a.k.a. Menaceman44 on MTS.
    Thoughts on a new wall mode?
    I've actually had an additional symbol added that won't clear since PPS. It used to be just the one shaped like the game table that wouldn't clear, but now the one shaped like an easel won't clear either. I don't remember what their specific names are.
    kashelle03 wrote: »
    I've actually had an additional symbol added that won't clear since PPS. It used to be just the one shaped like the game table that wouldn't clear, but now the one shaped like an easel won't clear either. I don't remember what their specific names are.
    You mean that you have an additional gold star that won't come off the screen. Is that what you are referring to when you said an additional symbol that won't clear? :/

edited June 2015
    Yes, I managed to clear everything but the games table and the icons for door, window, and gate, but the one for easel is new.

I'm fairly certain door, window, and gate will clear when I complete the detective career, but I'm not positive.
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    Add me to the list of affected simmers...
    I've used both codes of bb.showhiddenobjects and bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement so I can access all items and locked, still having the "new content" notification only in "Activities & Skills" Build/Buy Section. Inside that section, it specifically highlights: Knowledge, Recreation, Misc, and Show All. :/
  • 1Dugawinduncan1Dugawinduncan Posts: 48 Member
    > @kashelle03 said:
    > Yes, I managed to clear everything but the games table and the icons for door, window, and gate, but the one for easel is new.
    >
    > I'm fairly certain door, window, and gate will clear when I complete the detective career, but I'm not positive.
    For the doors and windows, make sure you cleared all 3 wall heights.
    As SimGuruDrake has stated, she has passed this thread on to the QA team. So maybe this will clear up when Spa Day comes out. If it hasn't already been resolved. :|
    The July 9th patch says that it fixes this issue; however, I'm still having the exact problem after installing the patch and repairing the game.
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    Jase wrote: »
    The July 9th patch says that it fixes this issue; however, I'm still having the exact problem after installing the patch and repairing the game.
    Shoot :( can you check a new game and if you have any mods pull the folder out before testing, thanks
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,575 Member
    Jase wrote: »

Hello. I am sorry to hear that. Another simmer has reported the same problem continuing to happen after the patch as well.
    Perhaps it will fix it self up when you restart again.
    If you have any mods/cc , perhaps take them out just to check in case they may be causing a problem.
    @ceejay402 and @rosemow I've actually never installed any CC or mods in TS4, so it's a complete vanilla game. I've tried a bit more troubleshooting on my own without any success. After restarting the game without any luck, I tried deleting the cache files according to Crinrict's blog and starting a new game save, but I still have the "new content" tags. Luckily, it's not game breaking and I can still enjoy playing the game. It's just more of a slight annoyance, lol.
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    thanks jase for the update
    Sometimes problems just seem to clear up after I had restarted the game. :(