Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Not able to have twins/triplets??

I have had the Sims 4 since September 2014 and I am pretty sure that I have had over 100 pregnancies (not with the same family of course). And I have not had a single pair of twins/triplets. They are all single babies. And about half of them were when both the parents had the Fertile trait. I really want twins with this family, now they have six kids (three moved out, and all single babies). Is there something wrong with my game?

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,585 Member
    Hello.
    Have you got any mods in your game that may be causing problems? Perhaps if you remove any pregnancy related mods and see if that helps.
    Also perhaps start a new save game file and see if that helps.
  • Claret1011Claret1011 Posts: 297 Member
    I think maybe they tweaked Fertile to be less useful because I wanted triplets and had two parents both with fertile and they only ever had single babies, not even twins!

I am not sure how much Fertile is supposed to help, but it doesn't seem like it is giving a very big boost! Maybe there is a 1/1000 chance of triplets or twins and Fertile makes it 1/500 or something like that!!
  • kashelle03kashelle03 Posts: 66 Member
    I can't seem to get twins or triplets, either. I've been giving both parents fertility traits just to see if it is even possible now.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,585 Member
    kashelle03 wrote: »
    I can't seem to get twins or triplets, either. I've been giving both parents fertility traits just to see if it is even possible now.

Hello @kashelle03. If you have any mods, perhaps remove them and see if that helps.
    No, no mods. I always have my sims take pregnancy tests and click on the crib to deliver when they are in labor, so I'm going to try not doing those and see if that makes a difference.
    I tried not taking a pregnancy test or forcing labor, but still got a single birth. I also had them Try for Baby in both the hot tub and the bed. I also cleared my cache.
  • Claret1011Claret1011 Posts: 297 Member
    I think you're just unlucky. I don't know what the stats are, but Fertile certainly doesn't give 100%.

So, say it even gave you 90% chance of twins (I doubt it's that high), then you'd still have a 10% chance every time of a single birth. So it could just be that maths is not on your side.

Personally I think the odds for Fertile should be higher than they are. If you give the Fertile trait to both parents, you CLEARLY want twins or triplets, so the game should help you out!

I know it's not quite the same, but have you considered just making twin children in CAS? I know it's sort of cheating, but no one has to know :)
    I've never had a triplet birth in game. I've been trying for that specific reason. I have created kids in CAS when I was looking for something specific.

I definitely think the odds for fertile should be higher. Obviously without fertile they can be low, but when I've given both parents fertile, clearly I want multiple births. In Sims 3, with both parents fertile, I think it was about 50/50 twins/triplets. I almost never had single births.

Unless, of course, its glitched again. I was sometimes getting twins when it was glitched last time.
  • AJroxs18AJroxs18 Posts: 311 Member
    I've gotten 2-3 pairs of twins (different families) and one set of triplets which happened when I moved my sim out with his pregnant girlfriend and set them to an unplayed family so I didn't get to actually see the triplets be born.
    >>>:Follow me on Origin and follow on the Gallery: @ AJroxs18:<<<
    I'm only like the twelfth generation or something playing the same family, but I'll try that with another save at some point and see if that works. I don't like letting them go on their own like that.
  • GeorgiaRoxGeorgiaRox Posts: 22 New Member
    I've gotten triplets and twins without the fertile reward. Yea the chance is low, but it's there :) Also installed a mod which may cause your pregnant sims to have 4, 5, 6 kids!! Luckily uninstalled it :D
  • MorpharMorphar Posts: 140 Member
    kashelle03 wrote: »
    I'm only like the twelfth generation or something playing the same family, but I'll try that with another save at some point and see if that works. I don't like letting them go on their own like that.

Do you have more than the base game installed?
    I have GTW and get more twins than is realistic.

My statistics are:
    14 single babies
    12 pair of twins

Played around on all lots.

Yeah, I have everything. I used to get twins and triplets back before the twins everywhere bug, but not since. I've decided to go back to Sims 3 for awhile where I not only get twins and triplets, but toddlers, too.