Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bartenders consistently have drinks stuck to their hands.

I have started a fresh install of the game trying to correct this but it still happens. Every time I go to a bar or club , the bartender will serve a few drinks and then have a drink permanently stuck to his hand. It gets to be very annoying after a while. It usually happens when they serve multiple drinks at once.

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello.
    Mods/CC could be causing the issues. Move your mods folder to the desktop, start the game and see if that helps the issue. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the mods folder in batches and testing to see which is the cause of the problem.

If that doesn't help, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

If the issue continues, try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Start a new game and test to see if the issue has been fixed. If it is working okay, exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders, testing after replacing each one to make sure the game is working okay.

• Options
    RyckRyck Posts: 214 Member
    edited June 2015
    Thanks but I have tried this on a fresh install of the game that is plain vanilla (no mods). I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and started a new game fresh off the install and drinks were stuck in the right hand of each bartender I visited. It doesn't happen immediately, but as soon as they serve multiple sims at once. I don't recall it doing it all before I installed the Perfect Patio stuff pack.
  • Options
    coolspearcoolspear Posts: 25 Member
    I am seeing this, too, also in a mod free, fresh neighbourhood test game. It is also not just one drink stuck to the bar tender's hand, over time it becomes several. If the bar tender is reset, all the drinks end up outside the building on the front pavement. Twice I had to use debug delete to clean up between fifteen and twenty glasses of drinks.
  • Options
    AlistuAlistu Posts: 742 Member
    I saw this the last time I sent a Sim to the lounge. I wasn't aware of it happening prior to installing Perfect Patio stuff either.
    a.k.a. Menaceman44 on MTS.
    Thoughts on a new wall mode?
  • Options
    I noticed too that if you click on the drinks stuck to the hand, you can reset them and they appear all around the venue on the ground. Probably will cause crashes over time as well.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    And I think the boy's hair that came with perfect patio is bugged too.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Really? I have a similar problem with the chisel from the sculpting skill, and a lid from a jar to collect fireflies in getting stuck in a sim's hand in Sims 3. Plus I have had a fork get stuck in one of sims' hand. But I forget which Sims game that happened in. :/
  • Options
    Makes me wonder if it is just happening with Perfect Patio installed or if it was the patch itself.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I have the same issue and I don't use mods nor cc.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Have any of you tried Repair Game, including on the stuff pack itself?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Yes, in fact a complete reinstall of the game after the repair didn't work. Several people seem to have this. You will notice it once a bartender serves multiple sims from the same drink mixer. They are usually fine as long as they serve one customer at a time, but once people line up at the bar, the drinks will stick in their hands till they have several stuck in a stack. ITts like they duplicate in their hands. If you enter debug and click on the stuck drink in their hand, then hit reset, all the drinks will then appear on the floor all around the bar.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Also sometimes sims will put plates in the kids table and the plates don't stand still, they stay vertically on the table :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    This issue has been passed along to the QA team to look into :)
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • Options
    QA should also make sure to test it with the new Patio stuff pack. Not sure if it was the most recent patch or the stuff pack that might be the culprit as it didn't happen prior to those 2 installs.
  • Options
    Ryck wrote: »
    Makes me wonder if it is just happening with Perfect Patio installed or if it was the patch itself.
    It could be that things like a glass gets stuck in a sim's hand because of Perfect Patio. But the fact is that this sort of problem has been reoccurring in each new Sims game. At least since Sims 3 that I can remember anyways. :/

• Options
    Yep, its just that this time it happens every single time the bartender starts serving multiple customers. In the past it would happen infrequent and randomly, but not is its happening every single time the bartender serves multiple drinks with the added bug of the drinks appearing all over the floor once you reset the bartender or the drink in his had. This time is consistently happening and more aggressively.
  • Options
    The way that this problem is being described, and from what I have observed about the problem in my games in the past. It's all most as if it's a routing issue. Even the glasses that the bartenders sever drinks have to go some where. It also could be a multi-tasking problem as well, since there's more than one sim asking the only bartender for a drink at the same time. :/